Author Topic: EPIC indoor skatepark  (Read 1991 times)

ticklefingers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
EPIC indoor skatepark
« on: May 03, 2009, 10:13:18 PM »
I just got back from the "football field" sized park in Sacramento called the EPIC skatepark. Honestly, the park lives up to its name. It's huge and there's almost everything to skate.

Has anybody been there yet?

crest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
Re: EPIC indoor skatepark
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 10:26:24 PM »
I've been there once. Keep wanting to go, but the hour drive + 18$ has kept me from making it out a second time. Really liked the park though; definitely a sick place to skate on rainy days. Wish they put in a barrier like at B Street instead of some of the ledges they have there, but the park has a lot of fun stuff to skate.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 11:44:04 PM »
This makes FIVE skateparks in Sacramento.  I'm going there next weekend, I will check it out.  Do you have the address?

epicindoorskatepark.com for directions. i'm going to try to go back as i'm in the mood to...

drive 4 hours (back and forth)...
pay for bridge twice...
and pay 14 bucks to skate..

manu

• Rep: -100
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 03:58:51 AM »
I've been there once. Keep wanting to go, but the hour drive + 18$ has kept me from making it out a second time. Really liked the park though; definitely a sick place to skate on rainy days. Wish they put in a barrier like at B Street instead of some of the ledges they have there, but the park has a lot of fun stuff to skate.

your a fucking dick man
you dont know how good you have it

nkarasch

• Rep: -29
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 04:42:54 AM »
Piss on expensive parks. There is a really fun park called Modern in grand rapids and I never go. They want $18 for a 3 hour session and they force you to wear a helmet. I have been there once. I don't think I'll ever go back.

My favorite indoor park is $11 for all day and they have it set up so you can buy a membership for $65 or somethin and then you get in for half price. There are also two half off days for everybody throughout the week. 18+ no helmet. Why cant more parks be like that?

datsnare

• Rep: -7
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 08:53:54 AM »
isn't modern $5 on mondays? and fossil nights are $5 too aren't they?

nkarasch

• Rep: -29
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 09:00:16 AM »

i don't know, it was just really expensive all the times i planned on going and didn't. I don't know what kind of specials they have.

The fact that they have a BMX night and rollerblading night is another bad thing about them. I feel like it is owned by some greedy old rich guy or something. Just the feeling that I got from being there, I really have no idea. The park is a whole lot of fun except for the 6 foot mini though, i think that feels really wierd.

yep yep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 09:25:36 AM »
the park is really good, i somehow managed to get to skate for free both times we went there. it's definitely a good time, i dont think i would pay $18 to skate there though...

Randozzi

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 10:37:07 AM »
the newish cement park in Sac. is sick. skated it once a couple months ago, so fun. gotta get back up there sooner than later. don't know ab0out paying that much to skate the park though. looks amazing.

highgrade

• Rep: 36
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 10:39:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i don't know, it was just really expensive all the times i planned on going and didn't. I don't know what kind of specials they have.

The fact that they have a BMX night and rollerblading night is another bad thing about them. I feel like it is owned by some greedy old rich guy or something. Just the feeling that I got from being there, I really have no idea. The park is a whole lot of fun except for the 6 foot mini though, i think that feels really wierd.

I've never been to modern, but i used to manage an indoor park/shop in VT and know how it is.
Belive me im sure those dudes aren't stoked on having a BMX/ fruit booter night, But those dudes pay $$ every time and usually call/come by daily anyway till you give them a special night. Gotta pay the bills/ keep the lights on. As far as the helmets, thats pretty much the only way for some places to get insurance.