Author Topic: PD baby.  (Read 5318 times)

FROST YOUR TIPS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: PD baby.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 05:27:09 PM »
Nothing cooler than drawing on a baby's head with toxic ink. What a great mother or father!
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

sage

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 05:28:35 PM »
Nothing cooler than drawing on a baby's head with toxic ink. What a great mother or father!

You realize how easy it would be to just edit a picture rather than actually draw on a baby?

datsnare

• Rep: -7
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 05:40:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You realize how easy it would be to just edit a picture rather than actually draw on a baby?

actually i would think that would take longer than simply drawing on a baby's forehead with a sharpie.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 05:52:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Even lamer. Dude we photoshopped a piss druunks logo on a baby's head! Put that shit on the site! These baker dudes are lucky they skate so well or they would be constantly mocked.

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 06:02:51 PM »
Well i think we all can agree on one thing.

This shouldn't be a thread.

sage

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 06:07:25 PM »
No lets make this a 5 page argument.

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 09:50:36 PM »
No lets make this a 5 page argument.
andrew reynolds, male pattern baldness?
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

drowe1

• Rep: -16
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 10:24:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Even lamer. Dude we photoshopped a piss druunks logo on a baby's head! Put that shit on the site! These baker dudes are lucky they skate so well or they would be constantly mocked.
thats not photoshopped.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 11:09:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
thats not photoshopped.
Yeah, but it's much easier to follow along with sage's premises and tell him why its stupid than to get stuck at square one with that stubborn motherfucker

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 11:25:42 PM »
do more yoga!

I like to party!

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 02:00:40 AM »
i guess the baker/deathwish followers are getting younger

riding bitches

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 02:27:22 AM »
i really don't understand the deathwish hate, sure there's an image in skateboarding, but all companies are that way.  at least you know with jim greco no one is pushing him to dress a certain way.  supra ads where somewhat annoying but they gotten much better mostly, i just think they maybe play up how crazy they are, and i don't really have a problem with that cause they are trying to sell boards at a really sketchy period for their company ,they're are not making tons of money and on top of that, they back it up with good skating, the ads on the site are all insane imo. jim greco switch 3 flip lipslides a legit handrail, slash has a really stylish kickflip back 5050 on a crazy gap to weird triangle down ledge that i think dallas rackvam front smithed in levi brown's this is my element part, lizard has a huge 180 and furby switch back heels the set massimo cavendoni  fakie flipped for his ender  in the welcome to real part which is pretty crazy for what's gone down there. and i don't think there is really any way to hate on antwuan dixon. 

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • Free Max B
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 08:05:38 AM »
the dude above me sounds pretty correct. although im sure a couple kids will respond crying about how they fuxin h8 dethwash, then list some bullshit reasons to hate
FREE MAX B

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 10:55:29 AM »
i really don't understand the deathwish hate, sure there's an image in skateboarding, but all companies are that way. 
What is real's "image"? They are one of the most popular brands out there, and the only image they seem to have is "we love skateboarding." That's an image I can identify with much better than "We spend two hours in front of a mirror before leaving the house just to make sure we have our trashy rockstar look down perfectly."
If you have try so hard to have an image, especially the images they portray, your company looks like plastic LA bullshit. If you put yourself out there as something, people are going to judge.

beyonces ass

• Rep: -10
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 11:21:19 AM »
WORST

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 02:06:34 PM »
8th graders were young enough.. not this shit.

Cheapboarder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -73
  • IT'S THE GOOCH!
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 02:15:17 PM »

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 02:17:30 PM »
reynolds and greco are sooooooo piss drunk right now!

sweatloaf

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 02:24:33 PM »
If anything happens to the baby I hope they expedite the mother some t-shirts. I hate this to turn into another Juggalo baby situation.

SleepyPeePee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 03:16:13 PM »
who cares, right?
would you rather hear "woo" from the omar salazar pack? i wouldn't. their "yeahs" are genuine, and cool. "yeah" has been the battle cry of skaters for as long as i can remember.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 03:54:45 PM »
Nothing's more annoying that moms/dads who think it's cool to adorn their baby with the same midlife crisis shit they're wearing.

riding bitches

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 04:06:04 PM »
Expand Quote
i really don't understand the deathwish hate, sure there's an image in skateboarding, but all companies are that way. 
[close]
What is real's "image"? They are one of the most popular brands out there, and the only image they seem to have is "we love skateboarding." That's an image I can identify with much better than "We spend two hours in front of a mirror before leaving the house just to make sure we have our trashy rockstar look down perfectly."
If you have try so hard to have an image, especially the images they portray, your company looks like plastic LA bullshit. If you put yourself out there as something, people are going to judge.

absolutely, the image of jim greco is kind of stupid, but the rest are all pretty normal based on where they are from; slash dresses like a pretty standard sd hipster, ellington has been wearing the same shit for years and probably just wears the stuff he gets for free, lizard dresses like a  crazy coke head which is a very genuine look for him, if nothing else, and furby and antwuan dress like they are from the ghetto and they are.  if anything i like the fact that antwuan isn't concerned about wearing a ton of jewelery like the guys on dgk.  i really don't understand the problem, i also would never considering living in la cause i hate it so much, but that's where (mostly) they're from so they image is gonna be based on that, no matter what you think about it that sells and it sells mostly because these guys are amazing skatersi don't knoow if id consider slash amazing, at least yet, i don't care what anyone says i think all pros love or at least loved skating until they became pro because to want to put in the effort to get to get to that level is so extreme, which is why i don't like to judge one pro's love for skating over another one's.  if you ask me every really good kid from santa cruz to san francisco pretty much dresses like they are on one of the deluxe teams, (with the exception of the guys from san jose who dress like they are on enjoi) which maybe is a better look, but  who even wants to judge that. 

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 05:13:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
absolutely, the image of jim greco is kind of stupid, but the rest are all pretty normal based on where they are from; slash dresses like a pretty standard sd hipster, ellington has been wearing the same shit for years and probably just wears the stuff he gets for free, lizard dresses like a  crazy coke head which is a very genuine look for him, if nothing else, and furby and antwuan dress like they are from the ghetto and they are.  if anything i like the fact that antwuan isn't concerned about wearing a ton of jewelery like the guys on dgk.  i really don't understand the problem, i also would never considering living in la cause i hate it so much, but that's where (mostly) they're from so they image is gonna be based on that, no matter what you think about it that sells and it sells mostly because these guys are amazing skatersi don't knoow if id consider slash amazing, at least yet, i don't care what anyone says i think all pros love or at least loved skating until they became pro because to want to put in the effort to get to get to that level is so extreme, which is why i don't like to judge one pro's love for skating over another one's.  if you ask me every really good kid from santa cruz to san francisco pretty much dresses like they are on one of the deluxe teams, (with the exception of the guys from san jose who dress like they are on enjoi) which maybe is a better look, but  who even wants to judge that. 
They dress and act like little kids. They pick guys who have sensational images very intentionally. I guarantee that they have passed on talented skateboarders who don't have that marketable look. Nice defense on Antwuan. Slightly racist though, I don't know why you would assume any "ghetto" person who gets sponsored is going to buy tons of jewelry. They are all the same right? You do have a point though, he looks totally normal, aside from the fact that his entire head is covered in tattoos. Good call, fame didn't get to his head one bit. I love how your defense is "that's how they really are!"  It shows that their marketing is succesful. 
What is real's aesthetic by the way? T-shirt, jeans and hoodie? You are right that a lot of people look like that in northern california. Also, southern california, and the entire west coast, and east coast, and midwest. They just dress like normal skateboarders. And that Enjoi comment is really stupid. Have you been to any of these places?

CoolBeans

• Rep: -2
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 08:38:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
They dress and act like little kids. They pick guys who have sensational images very intentionally. I guarantee that they have passed on talented skateboarders who don't have that marketable look. Nice defense on Antwuan. Slightly racist though, I don't know why you would assume any "ghetto" person who gets sponsored is going to buy tons of jewelry. They are all the same right? You do have a point though, he looks totally normal, aside from the fact that his entire head is covered in tattoos. Good call, fame didn't get to his head one bit. I love how your defense is "that's how they really are!"  It shows that their marketing is succesful. 
What is real's aesthetic by the way? T-shirt, jeans and hoodie? You are right that a lot of people look like that in northern california. Also, southern california, and the entire west coast, and east coast, and midwest. They just dress like normal skateboarders. And that Enjoi comment is really stupid. Have you been to any of these places?

I'm not getting in this argument, but blatant assumption like that makes you look stupid.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 08:46:32 PM »
You jumped in with Ad hominem. Yeah, its a guess that I made, but I am pretty confident in it based on how well every member of that team fits the image they are marketing perfectly.

sk8tesince2008

• Rep: -15
  • he should win x games marty maruwski!
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2009, 09:20:25 PM »
deathwish is mean. they like scary. I am scared. They ware scary close
the next x-games gold medalist

sage

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2009, 09:27:46 PM »
You jumped in with Ad hominem. Yeah, its a guess that I made, but I am pretty confident in it based on how well every member of that team fits the image they are marketing perfectly.

Maybe they pull a Jamie Thomas and send their riders clothes to wear.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2009, 09:38:11 PM »
I like Deathwish
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2009, 09:40:43 PM »
We are at an impasse. I think its naive to say that teams don't pick up riders because of a marketable image, You say its naive to say that they do. I think Its pretty much an industry wide practice. DGK, baker, deathwish, creature, zero, satori. Its not like a crazy coincidence that these teams all end up with people who have a very specific image.