Author Topic: Mike York off Chocolate  (Read 22002 times)

WORDLIFE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Mike York off Chocolate
« on: July 31, 2006, 02:35:56 PM »
"BYE BYE CHOCOLATE! HELLO ?????????

chocolate has pulled da rug out from unda ya boys feet! i was shocked to hear da news. dey used to support ya boy and now dey can't support my skateboard direction. dey said dat it was NOT my clothes or SKATEBOARDING SKILLZ.
now this has sparked a whole new YORKATON!! I'M HERE TO PUT DA SKATEBOARDING BACK IN SKATEBOARDING! MY BREATH OF FRESH AIR IS SOON 2 COME! WOOD CO. COMIN' SOON!!!!!!! IT'S TIME TO PIMP STED OF BEIN A HO! NEW MOVEMENT! SKATE MOVEMENT! SKATE LIFE! DON'T WORRY MY HOMIES, WHAT DEY SAY?
CAN'T STOP YORKATRON! SEE ME IN MY NEW VIDEO PART. IN DA NEXT 411 VIDEO MAG. WIT NEW MUSIC FROM N U M P - NEW DEKLINE SIXER MIKE YORK PRO SHOE! -NEW GRINDKING PRO M.Y.1 PRO SERIES TRUCK -VAL SURF UPSIDEDOWN A'S HAT I MADE ON SALE -NEW PIG WHEELS PRO WHEEL COMIN VERY SOON. -WORKIN ON TRANSWORLD SKATEBOARD MAG 20 ?ESTIONS. TREAL RECONIZZ TREAL! PEACE 2 ALL MY REAL MUFUCCAHZ!!!! BE ON DA LOOKOUT FO YA BOY JUST DOIN MY TING!!!"

and thats his own words, i definetly didnt type that

the iron monkey

Re: Mike York off Chocolate
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 02:39:59 PM »
is mike york a 13 year old filipino girl on myspace now?

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 02:40:22 PM »

HAHAHAHHAHA

-lostart-

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 02:41:22 PM »
Wow, I hope a skateboard company will pay him cause he comes across as a special needs kid with that writing.

Penis_Monster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 02:51:11 PM »
damn...chocolate's really goin down the shitter.
"I FEAR NO MAN"

Mandown

• Rep: 2
  • That is the whitest black cop,huh?
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 02:55:00 PM »
I always thought Mike york would be one of those pros on girl/chocolate that just slowly faded out(Gino,mulder,sheffey,rudy,tony,etc).Hopefully Mike York trys to find a new sponsor and doesn't just dissapear like everyone seems to do.
"Oh, the devil will find work for idle hands to do"

sizable

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 03:15:31 PM »
I like Yorkatron. I really do. How could you not? I mean, his skating. I've never met him but I'm sure the guy is rad.
It just seems like after the tech deck ad, the Grind King/Dekline/Pig Wheels connection things are going rough for him. But I wouldn't say Chocolate ripped the rug out from under him, I'd say it just kinda slid out over the past 6 years or so. With all due respect to the guy, Chocolate and Girl have never been a company to support team guys who take sponsors like Grind King. With Prod, they had to swallow his list of bad sponsors but like it or not, they're too cool to keep guys who wear things like Dekline shoes.
That's just the downside of a company that's too cool for the average skater...eventually, when people get older, not so cool and make the mistake of wearing the wrong cap or wrong pair of shoes, they're dropped.
Coolness has a body count when it's all said and done.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 03:23:41 PM »
I like Yorkatron. I really do. How could you not? I mean,  Grind King/Dekline/Pig Wheels
Coolness has a body count when it's all said and done.
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

thunderwing

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 03:23:53 PM »
i hate mike york hes a god damn fool

clientele.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • SLAP
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 03:52:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

HAHAHAHHAHA

SLAP is for the haters.

uselesswoodentoys

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 03:52:53 PM »
"BYE BYE CHOCOLATE! HELLO ?????????

chocolate has pulled da rug out from unda ya boys feet! i was shocked to hear da news. dey used to support ya boy and now dey can't support my skateboard direction. dey said dat it was NOT my clothes or SKATEBOARDING SKILLZ.
now this has sparked a whole new YORKATON!! I'M HERE TO PUT DA SKATEBOARDING BACK IN SKATEBOARDING! MY BREATH OF FRESH AIR IS SOON 2 COME! WOOD CO. COMIN' SOON!!!!!!! IT'S TIME TO PIMP STED OF BEIN A HO! NEW MOVEMENT! SKATE MOVEMENT! SKATE LIFE! DON'T WORRY MY HOMIES, WHAT DEY SAY?
CAN'T STOP YORKATRON! SEE ME IN MY NEW VIDEO PART. IN DA NEXT 411 VIDEO MAG. WIT NEW MUSIC FROM N U M P - NEW DEKLINE SIXER MIKE YORK PRO SHOE! -NEW GRINDKING PRO M.Y.1 PRO SERIES TRUCK -VAL SURF UPSIDEDOWN A'S HAT I MADE ON SALE -NEW PIG WHEELS PRO WHEEL COMIN VERY SOON. -WORKIN ON TRANSWORLD SKATEBOARD MAG 20 ?ESTIONS. TREAL RECONIZZ TREAL! PEACE 2 ALL MY REAL MUFUCCAHZ!!!! BE ON DA LOOKOUT FO YA BOY JUST DOIN MY TING!!!"

what a fucking kook...

FOURS

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 03:58:53 PM »
Never liked York from the get-go.  Too much of a goof, and never liked his skating either. Chocolate wins!

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 04:16:22 PM »
I saw him focus his board at pier 7.  I bet he wished he's saved some of those boards.

whatevs

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 04:37:39 PM »
wow...no love for york on slap? to me chocolate just isn't the same without york. it's the end of an era for sure. at least they still got chico and daniel from the original lineup.

FOURS

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 04:43:07 PM »
chocolate era ends when someone important leaves, like Gino, not when York leaves.

although did Gino actually leave? still haven't seen anything reliable.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 04:46:13 PM »
wow...no love for york on slap? to me chocolate just isn't the same without york. it's the end of an era for sure. at least they still got chico and daniel from the original lineup.

Well you mean that have Chico, Daniel on the other hand, he's just eye candy for team posters

He probably helped Mike to write his Myspace mail

skatenerd33

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 04:48:24 PM »
Back in the day,york was one of those dudes that reminded me of chocolate.Over the years with skating changing i sensed he lost what was so rad about him by taking the money and having a persona that made you forget.York in paco and mouse was priceless.Chocolate sucks now anyways.York was half cabs,three flips and pure style.

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 04:58:16 PM »
york is dope.. choctour99 was one of the first videos i got when i was really getting into skateboarding, and i loved his part. for that i'll always respect him. think about how awesome it was finding influence in videos like that instead of being bombarded with handrails and thinking its the only thing your allowed to skate. i hope york lands on his feet

whatevs

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 05:07:50 PM »
chocolate era ends when someone important leaves, like Gino, not when York leaves.

gino quite skating...that's pretty old news at this point. i wouldn't hold my breath for a press release through. hopefully he will decide to comeback.

it is the end of an era...yeah chocolate will go on, but it's almost like a different company now. i remember the "chocolate pow" intro to the chocolate section in goldfish with york...that was too fresh back then. mike, paulo, chico, ben, shamile, keenan, daniel, gabriel, richard and gino were OG chocolate and that era is over regardless of weather you like york or not. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 07:07:03 PM by whatevs »

FOURS

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 05:13:53 PM »
i'm aware that's it totaly different then it was. stuff changes. Seems like chocolate has lost a few riders in the past few months. Gino, Mulder, York.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 05:16:35 PM »
Back in the day,york was one of those dudes that reminded me of chocolate.Over the years with skating changing i sensed he lost what was so rad about him by taking the money and having a persona that made you forget.York in paco and mouse was priceless.Chocolate sucks now anyways.York was half cabs,three flips and pure style.

Couldn't agree more, but yeah "Chocolate Pow" for sure, the sadly it started to fade like every shining star

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 05:53:52 PM »
york is dope.. choctour99 was one of the first videos i got when i was really getting into skateboarding, and i loved his part. for that i'll always respect him. think about how awesome it was finding influence in videos like that instead of being bombarded with handrails and thinking its the only thing your allowed to skate. i hope york lands on his feet

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 06:24:01 PM »
God this sucks. End of an era for sure
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

hardcore ufos

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 06:52:16 PM »
oh, come on dude.  you're being a bit dramatic, it's fucking mike york.  yeah, he had a good part in mouse, and maybe he might be cool.  but, it's mike york.  it is funny to imagine someone actually saying your post, though

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 06:55:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
oh, come on dude.  you're being a bit dramatic, it's fucking mike york.  yeah, he had a good part in mouse, and maybe he might be cool.  but, it's mike york.  it is funny to imagine someone actually saying your post, though
It seems like Gino is off, too from what I've heard, and Gino defines chocolate for me waay more than York.

hardcore ufos

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 07:00:31 PM »
but, i mean the "era" ended like 6 years ago.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 07:01:03 PM »
I'm still in denial.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 07:41:37 PM »
How long has Paulo, Shamile, and Ben been off, I mean the era is done, but as long as I still have a working copy of "Paco" this shit can live for days.

BlackSeptember

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2006, 08:11:27 PM »
No matter how you want to look at it, you can't deny a Chocolate without York is weird. No Gino, No York. 

As if Gino really cares as much as we all do. None of his boys are really there anymore, theyre not 20, 21 anymore he lives in New York. Honestly Girl must seem so far away.  Who would have thought Chico and Castillo would be the last off, though you can bet theyre next, then Jeron. hahaha  I'm getting so far ahead here.  I'm sure they'll be taken care of though. 

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2006, 01:29:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
gino quite skating... 

quite, but not really?
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc