Author Topic: How do you work up the courage to learn back lips?  (Read 4977 times)

nkarasch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -29
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: How do you work up the courage to learn back lips?
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2009, 11:09:14 AM »
Expand Quote
barely wax the rail or not at all so your not scarred about smacking your face
[close]

this is extremely counter productive advice.

yeah if they arent rusty you don't need any wax whatsoever. i guess i do need to speed it up. luckily, I blew my knee up again. I don't think its the ACL this time because it seems to be getting better on its own

VeganShawn

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2009, 12:09:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
barely wax the rail or not at all so your not scarred about smacking your face
[close]

this is extremely counter productive advice.
[close]

yeah if they arent rusty you don't need any wax whatsoever. i guess i do need to speed it up. luckily, I blew my knee up again. I don't think its the ACL this time because it seems to be getting better on its own

you don't need to wax rusty bars either. just scrape it with a pop can.

scary tan guy

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2009, 12:33:14 PM »
No point trying them if you dont have a good backside ollie. The whole key to making them easy is to be able to get a solid ollie off the ground, then when you're leve or above the rail you bring the back foot backside. Everything comes 100 times easier when you can control the board in the air

dyingtoliveRWTF

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 03:46:29 PM »
got a new tip cuz i was trying them earlier. alright, start out by trying to ride up at a harsh angle and going kinda slow, i find it easier to kind of whip the back of the board around. Also try to ollie really high and have the bar set on the lowest setting.  And finally, try to do almost a late back 180 to get into it and try pointing the nose towards the ground while your bodyweight is centered on the rail or even over the other side.  Try coming out to fakie before regs and slide the last foot or so of the rail.