Author Topic: Toy Machine underrated  (Read 4929 times)

TheFifthColumn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -113
Re: Toy Machine underrated
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 11:19:30 AM »
Thread Evolution:

Toy Machine underrated -> Ed Templeton is on Toy -> Ed Templeton backs PETA -> PETA kills animals -> Fuck PETA -> political debate
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:58:40 PM by TheFifthColumn »

hijodeputa

• Rep: -1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 11:24:11 AM »
Toy was always one of my favorite brands but i lost alot of respect for the brand and for ed templeton when he was pretty much campaigning for obama during the election through toy machines website and blog...i understand that he is entitled to his own opinion but i just thought ed would be smarter than that...but oh yeah he is a big PETA supporter as well...i wonder if he even researches the things he and Toy Machine as a brand backs, considering PETA kills over 95% of the animals they get their hands on. After obamas first couple months i wonder if ed feels douped when he sees more of the same and no change whatsoever and pretty much a sped up from bush administration...maybe he shoulda done the research before hand....he wouldve known and no made himself and his company look bad and discredited

How is voting for Obama a bad thing?
i think you've been watching too much Fox news
McCain said publicly that he didn't understand economics

and thats not even it, philosophically speaking the "democrats" economic strategies  are better when the economy is falling, now what you must be talking about is the current economic strategy which is "tickledown economics" well thats just temporary, and you would know this if you payed attention. that's the current plan, and it seems to be going well.

and there's a second side to you PETA story look for it. there are two sides to the story and then the truth.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 11:53:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Toy was always one of my favorite brands but i lost alot of respect for the brand and for ed templeton when he was pretty much campaigning for obama during the election through toy machines website and blog...i understand that he is entitled to his own opinion but i just thought ed would be smarter than that...but oh yeah he is a big PETA supporter as well...i wonder if he even researches the things he and Toy Machine as a brand backs, considering PETA kills over 95% of the animals they get their hands on. After obamas first couple months i wonder if ed feels douped when he sees more of the same and no change whatsoever and pretty much a sped up from bush administration...maybe he shoulda done the research before hand....he wouldve known and no made himself and his company look bad and discredited
[close]

and thats not even it, philosophically speaking the "democrats" economic strategies  are better when the economy is falling, now what you must be talking about is the current economic strategy which is "tickledown economics" well thats just temporary, and you would know this if you payed attention. that's the current plan, and it seems to be going well.

and there's a second side to you PETA story look for it. there are two sides to the story and then the truth.

Hmmm, hard to get 2 sides out of them admitting they kill their animals for overpopulation. I do not watch mainstream media except to laugh at it, and you obviously know nothing if you bring up Mccain. Making this a left right or democrat republican issue is pure iggnorance in itself. Mccain and Obama were pretty much the same candidate, if you actually did the research you'd know that. Take away the social issues that a president should have no control over anyway you have foreign and monetary policy...theirs was identical. Well i guess on the outside Obama was the anti war candidate but it took very little research to determine that was not the case and now he was proven that in his actions as president. Don't be a sucker...don't assume...do some research! Especially before you try to reply to something you can do not even understand. There is big picture behind it all of this. I dont want to bash you and discourage you at all please do the research find out there is more than just left and right, realize that divide and conquer is the master plan.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 11:54:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

also i must add this...did you say the economy plan seems to be going well? how? where do you see this? did you hear that on CNN? hahaha go wait in line for your swine flu vaccine
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 12:07:29 PM by vx1000looksbetterthanHD »

eelbermston

• Rep: 8
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 11:58:53 AM »
agreed. Never had a bad video, never had a bad time. I wish they still had some boston influence up in there though!

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 12:02:25 PM »
agreed. Never had a bad video, never had a bad time. I wish they still had some boston influence up in there though!
send Ed a tape.
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2009, 12:03:20 PM »
did you hear that on CNN?

you might want to chill a little before you start calling people out as shallow and end up getting humbled on here. not liking ed because he backs obama... come on now, this isn't transworld, are you just looking to get mobbed?

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »
Expand Quote
did you hear that on CNN?
[close]

you might want to chill a little before you start calling people out as shallow and end up getting humbled on here. not liking ed because he backs obama... come on now, this isn't transworld, are you just looking to get mobbed?

All i said is that it made me not like toy as much anymore than idiots with no basis start attacking me...im just responding with facts. I dont dislike Ed...i just lost the amount of respect i had for him and his company. I used to think to world of the guy honestly, and his new shit on the berrics was awesome, I just simply stated i wasnt into his campaigning for obama, and then mentioned his support of PETA...which he clearly did through Toy Machine. I actually wrote him an email reguarding this almost a year ago and his response was similar to the other guys above trying to call me a Mccain supporter. But Ed was nice and is entitled to his own opinion as I stated...so are all of you...just do research before you form and opinion thats all. i really hope i dont get humbled hahaha....just to let you the guy above know I supported Ron Paul...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 12:41:18 PM by vx1000looksbetterthanHD »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 12:43:39 PM »
just do research before you form and opinion thats all

you must be really new here. there's been quite a few arguments about politics here and for the most part the main contributors are generally well read on politics and history. but let's not make this about obama and politics, there's plenty of threads for that on here if that's the kind of thing you're looking for there will be tons of opportunities to villify obama and the conservative side of things could use some well read, thought out opinions so i'd personally love to see you throwing down in those threads assuming you can live up to your hype.

but hopefully you realize though that not liking a pro because they have non-conservative political beliefs is going to leave you with a pretty limited list of wack pro's to choose from. it'd be liking writing off an indie band because they are politically too liberal.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 12:45:19 PM by Sleazy »

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009, 01:11:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you must be really new here. there's been quite a few arguments about politics here and for the most part the main contributors are generally well read on politics and history. but let's not make this about obama and politics, there's plenty of threads for that on here if that's the kind of thing you're looking for there will be tons of opportunities to villify obama and the conservative side of things could use some well read, thought out opinions so i'd personally love to see you throwing down in those threads assuming you can live up to your hype.

but hopefully you realize though that not liking a pro because they have non-conservative political beliefs is going to leave you with a pretty limited list of wack pro's to choose from. it'd be liking writing off an indie band because they are politically too liberal.

Again, i never said i wrote anyone off...the thread was about toy machine being underrated, i responded by saying i wouldve agreed before they started pushing they political beleifs onto people who visit their website...via ed templeton. i have yet to see anyone respond to this thread who is " generally well read on politics and history" as of yet because if they were they wouldnt be attacking the points a brought up. thats all!!! i wasnt looking to make a statement i wasnt looking for attention i was simply posting to the thread then people start calling me out and unlike them I can back up what i say with facts.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2009, 01:15:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

conservative and liberal are only words they have nothing to do with it...if they havent done the research for they are simply politically ignorant

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2009, 01:20:57 PM »
i hate peta too.

Nibbler

• Rep: 8
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2009, 01:42:53 PM »
back to the topic at hand, Toy Machine is awesome. Ed Templeton is awesome.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2009, 02:02:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

conservative and liberal are only words they have nothing to do with it...if they havent done the research for they are simply politically ignorant

semantics has nothing to do with the point i was making and whether the pro's are mindlessly spewing party line rhetoric or putting in the research, doesn't change the numbers. if you're going to write off pro's for not aligning with your seemily conservative views, then your going to be left backing people like seirra and casper.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2009, 02:17:50 PM »
i always wanted the tenth try grpahic.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2009, 02:23:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

semantics has nothing to do with the point i was making and whether the pro's are mindlessly spewing party line rhetoric or putting in the research, doesn't change the numbers. if you're going to write off pro's for not aligning with your seemily conservative views, then your going to be left backing people like seirra and casper.

Hmmm i thought i said i wasnt writing anyone off...oh yeah i did! i dont care what veiws people have but when they push them onto others and they are in a position to influence a decent size group which ed was, i think it's lame...do you get it now?

yo yo yo

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2009, 02:26:17 PM »
vx1000looksbetterthanHD has hit the nail on the head por presidential election is a giant scam its like proffessional wrestling just look up (HOW MANY) companies make our voting booths and where they are based out of.

Anyways if anyones interested Im gonna start makin tee's that say PETA actually (whatever the figure is) kills animals something along those lines

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 02:31:59 PM by yo yo yo »

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2009, 02:27:17 PM »
If their boards weren't so flat and I hadn't had bad luck with the only two I bought, I'd buy a lot of them.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2009, 03:08:50 PM »
 When I was in my local grocery store and it said "prepare to pop a boner" in the Toy ad I totally LOLD. Definitely one of the best board companies ever. I only buy Toy boards and after I saw that commercial with Ed snapping that Plan B I really only buy Toy boards even more   And yeah fuck PETA. Puppy Erasing Tarantula Assassins
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

delta9

• Rep: -2
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2009, 03:13:32 PM »
my god the sex ive had and forced others to watch!

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2009, 03:18:14 PM »
Just because they're not the kids' hype doesn't meant that they're underrated

hijodeputa

• Rep: -1
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2009, 04:10:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hmmm, hard to get 2 sides out of them admitting they kill their animals for overpopulation. I do not watch mainstream media except to laugh at it, and you obviously know nothing if you bring up Mccain. Making this a left right or democrat republican issue is pure iggnorance in itself. Mccain and Obama were pretty much the same candidate, if you actually did the research you'd know that. Take away the social issues that a president should have no control over anyway you have foreign and monetary policy...theirs was identical. Well i guess on the outside Obama was the anti war candidate but it took very little research to determine that was not the case and now he was proven that in his actions as president. Don't be a sucker...don't assume...do some research! Especially before you try to reply to something you can do not even understand. There is big picture behind it all of this. I dont want to bash you and discourage you at all please do the research find out there is more than just left and right, realize that divide and conquer is the master plan.

oh man you are way too angry, i thought our differences were about philosophy thats what it seemed like. but just to make things straight i wasnt insane for obama like the entire country but i sure ass hell wanted him before McCain, and when talking about monetary issues obama had a concrete plan while mccain had the philosophy of economics that  disagree with completly, and if you look back obama never said he was going to stop war he just said he was moving the troops from Iraq to Afghanistan and people just assumed that he was going to stop the war.
and what i ment about PETA was just i dont know, theres always another side.
i dont get my news from tv but if i do,i dont watch cnn i watch Free Speech tv
never assume anyone is ignorant

but these guys are right this isnt about politcs its about ed
and why would loose respect for a company because of someones views
i think we shouldn't even see what skaters are like off the skateboards.

Oni0nbelt

• Rep: 3
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2009, 04:19:11 PM »
I almost exclusively ride Toy Machine boards. I love the graphics and shape. Plus they last me forever.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2009, 05:34:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

if you went as far as to even think about the last election as mccain vs. obama and decided to choose a side than this proves you knew nothing and probably still no nothing, i guess the term would be a sheep...what was obamas concrete plan by the way? do you even know? do you understand how a monetary system works? can you define inflation? how about hyper inflation? did obama or mccain site the real problem being the federal reserve system? no. did they both go to the hill to urge and fear monger to get the bailouts passed through? but cant you see you are the one prolonging this thread and making this more than it has to be...you aren't educated enough on these subjects to continue arguing about them just give it up do some research maybe you'll learn a thing or 2...or just get back to posting about skating

[close]

[close]

oh man you are way too angry, i thought our differences were about philosophy thats what it seemed like. but just to make things straight i wasnt insane for obama like the entire country but i sure ass hell wanted him before McCain, and when talking about monetary issues obama had a concrete plan while mccain had the philosophy of economics that  disagree with completly, and if you look back obama never said he was going to stop war he just said he was moving the troops from Iraq to Afghanistan and people just assumed that he was going to stop the war.
and what i ment about PETA was just i dont know, theres always another side.
i dont get my news from tv but if i do,i dont watch cnn i watch Free Speech tv
never assume anyone is ignorant

but these guys are right this isnt about politcs its about ed
and why would loose respect for a company because of someones views
i think we shouldn't even see what skaters are like off the skateboards.

bjsk87

• Rep: -10
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2009, 06:54:24 PM »
When I was in my local grocery store and it said "prepare to pop a boner" in the Toy ad I totally LOLD. Definitely one of the best board companies ever. I only buy Toy boards and after I saw that commercial with Ed snapping that Plan B I really only buy Toy boards even more   And yeah fuck PETA. Puppy Erasing Tarantula Assassins

I never saw that commercial. Thanks for that!

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2009, 05:01:04 PM »

Yea fuck Obama he should have fixed everything after a couple months! That's 8 fuckin weeks!! 8 fuckin weeks and the economy is still shitty what a lazy asshole... fuck him!

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2009, 05:26:09 PM »

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2009, 09:18:52 PM »
what you guys talking about i love pita?

youngblood

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2009, 12:57:44 AM »
the best company ever pretty much. i wish caswell still skated for them, but he fits enjoi like a glove. so stoked on jon nguyen gettin hooked up by them though! they can do no wrong.

Woodrow

• Rep: 0
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2009, 01:10:53 AM »
Welcome to Hell was my favorite video as a kid, and it is still my favorite video of all time. So many great parts in one video, good music, a variety of styles. I remember the first time I watched it I rented it from my skateshop for 3 dollars but I didn't have the money for tax so I had to skate to my friends house and borrow a quarter and go back. They probably would have let me watch it at the shop, but then I couldn't have made a bootleg copy (which I still watch today).