Author Topic: Camp Woodward  (Read 5428 times)

Mullet Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Camp Woodward
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 09:12:28 PM »
That "makes me more real" kid is my new favorite dude on here. What a fucking jackass!

If someone seriously talked to me like that in person, I'd have no choice but to punch them in the balls.

whisper raps

• Rep: 83
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 09:24:17 PM »
That "makes me more real" kid is my new favorite dude on here. What a fucking jackass!

*whispers in your ear:

That's Rawbertson you dickhead, so shut your friggin yap
He's the next best ginger rapper to grace this place called Slap

avisualsound

• Rep: 7
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 09:54:29 PM »
I'd kill to skate the park itself, but I won't give a dime to Gary Ream (owner & President USA Skateboarding Association). He's one of the main cats pushing for skateboarding in the Olympics, and I have a hunch he's going to try to make a little monopoly of Olympic-certified training camps. I really don't like the corpo-douchery going on in the background.

The parks look brilliant, but the pre fab ramps they make suck ass.
Amen. The whole brains behind the camp are a bunch of money hungry kooks. Economy is down yet they raised prices from last year, build a new park but won't improve staff housing or give their employees better wages(practically no one gets paid by the hour, one flat, shitty weekly salary for all) That fucker has his business model set up like a fast food restaurant.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »
But don't let Tony Perkis catch you.

got me.

sk8tesince2008

• Rep: -15
  • he should win x games marty maruwski!
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 12:22:56 AM »
I will go to woodward. i am sponsered by paradox. they want me to come. I will go and learn to win the x games. they have a mega ramp to train on. I will win the x games megaramp and be ritch. I need to go to woodward. I am sponsered. I can't pay. I can go for free because paradox.
the next x-games gold medalist

ugly ass kook

• Rep: -58
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2009, 12:45:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

*whispers in your ear:

That's Rawbertson you dickhead, so shut your friggin yap
He's the next best ginger rapper to grace this place called Slap

HAHAHAHA

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009, 05:37:49 AM »
burn blunts all day, teach kids how to skate and bang gymnists, not a bad summer job.

Haha! A friend of mine back in high school was there for gymnastics and supposedly hooked up with Malcolm Watson. Wish I could have afforded to go back then.

jalopy james

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2009, 06:05:20 AM »
Expand Quote
burn blunts all day, teach kids how to skate and bang gymnists, not a bad summer job.
[close]

Haha! A friend of mine back in high school was there for gymnastics and supposedly hooked up with Malcolm Watson. Wish I could have afforded to go back then.

so you could hook up with malcolm watson?
KFC should give cockatiels with their variety bucket, so you can eat one bird and love another.

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2009, 06:19:08 AM »
zing!
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

TheFifthColumn

• Rep: -113
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2009, 08:32:13 AM »
Malcolm Watson is one of the coolest guys ever. You could always chill and talk with him for like an hour about random shit. He's always there for like the whole summer.

You know who else is there the whole summer? Andy Mac.  When I went there, he was terse and unsocial.  He would spend the entire day with his skate coach trying to learn how to perfect his front 5's. 

However, it was pretty cool to watch him skate vert in person.  It looked so floaty and surreal.

biggums mcgee

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2009, 09:48:46 AM »
one of my friends went there when he was 14, I remember he came back feeling really guilty about how much his parents spent on him being able to skate for two weeks. he had some funny stories about the sponsored dudes who were there...bobby worrest said he hated being at woodward; he was completely anti-social and would just skate the mini ramp alone and act like a complete asshole when kids would bother him about learning axel stalls. I remember him telling me about matt pailes, and how he would goof around with the kids there and act normal, speak in a 'new jersey accent', and he ran into my friend who was wearing a bob marley shirt and started going all crazy about jah and speaking in a horrible rasta accent.

on an unrelated note, I'm getting a grand at the end of august, and have been thinking about places to go. how long would 1000$ last me in montreal? seems like an awesome place that's not too far. i've always wanted to go to quebec city, too. anyone from there who can give me the low-down on the skate scene, or if its even worth the trip from montreal?

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2009, 10:36:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

so you could hook up with malcolm watson?

lol got me good.

killing time

• Rep: 19
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2009, 01:24:21 PM »
damn montreal sounds sick
Do you want to put a saddle on the lion of Juddah and ride it back to babylon?

General Cornrow Wallace

• Rep: -3
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2009, 04:57:49 PM »
i'll be there the first 6 weeks