Author Topic: SLAP PALS TWEETED BY KOSTON!!!  (Read 7962 times)

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: SLAP PALS TWEETED BY KOSTON!!!
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2009, 09:11:49 PM »
dang, hes still bitter about that ole, nollie heelflip nose blunt on Hollywood high shim sham?
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

bobjohn

« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2009, 09:24:23 PM »
Koston is a faerie.

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2009, 11:00:57 PM »
Although I'm pretty sure that comment was designed to get a rise out of us and is doing just that, I still gotta say that I find it rather annoying that some pros and people in the industry think of this forum and its members as some kind of bane to skateboarding's existence. 

I think the pros who are truly annoyed by us fail to recognize how easy they have it in the public opinion department compared to almost anybody else on earth with a smidgen of fame.  The mainstream skateboard media is pretty much 100% positive.  Every publication has its batch of favorite skaters and helps them and their sponsors sell shit.  Nieratko and Carnie silliness withstanding, virtually every interview in every magazine is prefaced with a paragraph about how badass the featured rider is followed by a couple pages of casual banter.  The skateboard media's main purpose is to sell images and therefore sell products.

Anyone else in the public eye is covered by media outlets not only interested in selling their name, but in selling cars, cologne, cigarettes, TV's, and pharmaceuticals.  These outlets often take a different approach: stirring up controversy.  Talking about what a great guy someone famous is ain't gonna sell magazines like talking about Manny Ramirez's steroid use.  If Antuwan Dixon were a football player he wouldn't be able to walk out of his house without being bombarded by reporters asking for comments about his drug use.  Instead, he gets a flashy, artsy portrait on cover of the photo issue of thrasher.

The slap boards and a few other spots on the interweb represent pretty much the only public outlet for skateboarders to say whatever they feel like about the skateboarding industry.... and why shouldn't we be able to do that?  We aren't cowards, we're fucking fanboys.  We gobble up magazines as soon as they hit the shelves, gossip about new products and team changes and decide what we like and don't like about what's going on in skateboarding like we have every right to do.  We all love skateboarding and support the shit out of it.  For the most part we're the working stiffs who blow our hard earned paychecks to support the globe trotting playboy fantasy lifestyle of high school drop outs who are good at flicking a piece of wood around with their feet, so why shouldn't we be able to say whatever the fuck we want?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2009, 11:48:43 PM »
^ Exactly. The skateboard "media" is a joke. Big Brother got legit at one point, and then everybody pulled stopped advertizing and by the end no legit pros seemed to have the balls to do a big bro interview. Besides, its not like people won't be talking shit if this place didn't exist. They'd do it at the shop, or a skatespot, or wherever. Now they get to see what people are saying about them. Also, if they were smart about it, they could use it to sway popular opinion about them like Jamie Thomas did.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

My name is Ari Penis-Gold and my penis is also in my mouth.

• Rep: -3658
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2009, 03:41:35 AM »
The slap boards and a few other spots on the interweb represent pretty much the only public outlet for skateboarders to say whatever they feel like about the skateboarding industry.... and why shouldn't we be able to do that?  We aren't cowards, we're fucking fanboys.  We gobble up magazines as soon as they hit the shelves, gossip about new products and team changes and decide what we like and don't like about what's going on in skateboarding like we have every right to do.  We all love skateboarding and support the shit out of it.
Also, if they were smart about it, they could use it to sway popular opinion about them like Jamie Thomas did.
This is the forum of the people, let it long remain free of reprimand or discourse

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2009, 03:57:59 AM »
Someone posted a youtube video of what I presume was Netlurk skating but first the video was "removed by user" and now whoever posted it up deleted the whole post. It was right above my last post but now it's gone.

yeah it was me, there was no use for the post if there was no vid

bobjohn

« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2009, 04:17:13 AM »
Expand Quote
The slap boards and a few other spots on the interweb represent pretty much the only public outlet for skateboarders to say whatever they feel like about the skateboarding industry.... and why shouldn't we be able to do that?  We aren't cowards, we're fucking fanboys.  We gobble up magazines as soon as they hit the shelves, gossip about new products and team changes and decide what we like and don't like about what's going on in skateboarding like we have every right to do.  We all love skateboarding and support the shit out of it.
[close]
Expand Quote
Also, if they were smart about it, they could use it to sway popular opinion about them like Jamie Thomas did.
[close]
This is the forum of the people, let it long remain free of reprimand or discourse

Koston should hire paradoxgrip guy (Billy "Ari" Mays) as his internet spin doctor. No easier way to sway the "sheeple" than to give out free shit.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2009, 06:38:31 AM »
We should all really consider getting off our parents' computers and moving out of their basements.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2009, 07:47:03 AM »
i just relish the irony of a dude talking shit on a bunch of messageboard posters from a twitter account. priceless. dude you're on twitter for christsakes.

it's like you posting hate for www.guardian.co.uk on your facebook status. just dumb.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2009, 08:31:14 AM »
It can't be fun having people talk shit on your friends online. Especially when much of it is based on falsities or taken out of context.

But it's not like we are the only ones talking shit. Many of the opinions on here probably mirror those being expressed at skate spots all over the world. It should be seen as free market research.

Besides, much of what is said here is no more false than the images so many pros preen for themselves.

'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

jacquesknife

• Rep: -29
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2009, 09:43:23 AM »
Man, people have been debating loads of slap about which shoe he will be rocking and so keeping interest in him going. And then he calls them cowards?

What a cunt!

sweatloaf

« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2009, 09:57:20 AM »
The times I have hung around skate industry types they have pretty much talked shit just the same as some of the people on here. I think when it comes to the written word on the internet it has more of a sense or permanency and seems harsher for some reason.

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2009, 10:36:30 AM »
amen, hypnotoad

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2009, 10:53:36 AM »
The times I have hung around skate industry types they have pretty much talked shit just the same as some of the people on here. I think when it comes to the written word on the internet it has more of a sense or permanency and seems harsher for some reason.
Have you ever talked to a legit filmer or photographer that actually films pros? Its impossible to watch a video with them. All they do is hate, hate, hate. It makes us look like a bunch of pussies.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Evil Kraken from the Arctic Sea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Hi SlapPal!
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2009, 12:01:40 PM »
Now I have to imagine filmers saying stuff like "His skin tone is absolutely horrible. Impossible to make his ugly face look good on celluloid. This one time I had to film Andrew for hours doing the same trick over and over again, it was perfectly boring. And his ridiculous board tapping and hand flicking before every try...BooOOY did Braydon smell when we filmed his line. His hair was so greasy and I BET he didn't shower for weeks. Ew, ew, gross, gross..."
I'll go frontside on some tranny for you.

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2009, 12:26:57 PM »
Although I'm pretty sure that comment was designed to get a rise out of us and is doing just that, I still gotta say that I find it rather annoying that some pros and people in the industry think of this forum and its members as some kind of bane to skateboarding's existence. 

I think the pros who are truly annoyed by us fail to recognize how easy they have it in the public opinion department compared to almost anybody else on earth with a smidgen of fame.  The mainstream skateboard media is pretty much 100% positive.  Every publication has its batch of favorite skaters and helps them and their sponsors sell shit.  Nieratko and Carnie silliness withstanding, virtually every interview in every magazine is prefaced with a paragraph about how badass the featured rider is followed by a couple pages of casual banter.  The skateboard media's main purpose is to sell images and therefore sell products.

Anyone else in the public eye is covered by media outlets not only interested in selling their name, but in selling cars, cologne, cigarettes, TV's, and pharmaceuticals.  These outlets often take a different approach: stirring up controversy.  Talking about what a great guy someone famous is ain't gonna sell magazines like talking about Manny Ramirez's steroid use.  If Antuwan Dixon were a football player he wouldn't be able to walk out of his house without being bombarded by reporters asking for comments about his drug use.  Instead, he gets a flashy, artsy portrait on cover of the photo issue of thrasher.

The slap boards and a few other spots on the interweb represent pretty much the only public outlet for skateboarders to say whatever they feel like about the skateboarding industry.... and why shouldn't we be able to do that?  We aren't cowards, we're fucking fanboys.  We gobble up magazines as soon as they hit the shelves, gossip about new products and team changes and decide what we like and don't like about what's going on in skateboarding like we have every right to do.  We all love skateboarding and support the shit out of it.  For the most part we're the working stiffs who blow our hard earned paychecks to support the globe trotting playboy fantasy lifestyle of high school drop outs who are good at flicking a piece of wood around with their feet, so why shouldn't we be able to say whatever the fuck we want?

Yeah right!

odp

« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2009, 12:59:38 PM »
when i was a wee young kid first starting on SLAP under some other name many moons ago, this cat Weltyskunk asked me in the slapchat who my favorite skaters were and at the time they were john cardiel, tnt, and eric koston. Weltyskunk replied something to the effect of "dude, koston is just like one of those internet kids who films himself and talks shit online all day. fuck that dude." It made me think about no matter how well dude skates, he really doesn't seem that cool. Now, it's all come to the table.

Bugs

« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2009, 02:51:32 PM »
For the most part we're the working stiffs who blow our hard earned paychecks to support the globe trotting playboy fantasy lifestyle of high school drop outs who are good at flicking a piece of wood around with their feet, so why shouldn't we be able to say whatever the fuck we want?

Yeah I agree, some of these pros are really immature, and part of it is pretty obvious with what you said above. They never got an education, they party a lot, and have gotten everything for free. I think the most respected pros realize this, and the ones that do portray themselves in mags and videos in a way, I can't really think of the words to describe it, but its like they're doing it for us, instead of themselves.

I know this sounds kinda lame, but to me a pro's video part is to stoke out every single skater all over the world, not just their little crew. Because dude, I don't golf, go to Starbucks, hang with celebrities, get invited to VIP video premieres, maybe YOU do but I don't.

Because I tell you what, a lot of hardcore crailtap followers have turned into the biggest unfriendly snobs, and I don't know what their problem is. Maybe not the actually crailtap dudes, but their followers. It's like, "oh I'm a kook to you guys, the skateboard world, well I can just not hang out with you, and well look at that, a bunch of people think I'm a cool person again." You know what I mean?

I almost think it's more core to not be too into skating, because you step back and look at people who obsess their life with it, and they look like kooks, sort of like a workaholic.

TapLuxiferfet

« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2009, 04:27:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not wanting men to be able to marry men does not make you homophobic. Call it anything you want, just don't ever call it marriage.
[close]
Sure it does. Why else would you give a fuck who consensually marries who? It doesn't really affect you at all, so why else oppress people and not let them do their own thing?

Expand Quote
IF you are like most non believers and absolutely refuse to accept God on his terms, you will be accepting Satan and his False Prophet on their ugly terms.
[close]
Yep. HAIL SATAN!!!!!

Now do the rest of you get why Lizard does it?
[close]

First of All YOU don't Understand...

Most Satanists are in favor of womens rights, gay marriage, but against abortion. I admit there are some people who opt for abortion. Although the Satanic religion says not to engage in sexual behaviour unless shown the mating signal, there is nothing that says engageing in it before marriage is a sin. Same with homosexuality. We believe that the human must fulfill their physical needs in any way he sees fit. If you want a religion which grants freedom and pleasure, follow the Satanic Path.

i am a gay satanist and me and my boyfriend are engaged to be married we have costumised our rings to be inverted pentagrams with a black stone in the middle and a reapers left hand pointing at the stone on his but the right pointing at the stone on mine then for a our wedding we will get the other hand to complete the full set of hands. And no its not a bunch of crap jeeze i should smack you for that there are documentarys called the satanic bible!!! and anton lavey came up with the religion he is very very sacred to our religion…….

[close]

We don't want no religion. Kooks like you are the reason people say stupid satanic shit because its funny seeing you brainwashed fools take it seriously!

Only an ignorant or dishonest theologian would tell people to do their best to sort through the myriad of bibles on the market today, in hopes of finding God's Word.

I know you're not stupid.  Why do you ask a stupid question?  Any moron can see that if enough abortionists started getting killed,there is a very good chance abortionists would decide to change occupations.  And without abortionists, it would be very hard to get most females to return to the coat hanger method of providing God with carcasses of dead babies.

What always bothers me about people like this is that they never own up to anything and want to blame any "mistakes" on being human.  Yet she has a problem with allowing others a human right.  It bothers me so much.  She has the sexual freedom to pose in pink underwear with her chis chis hanging out and gets a boob job thanks to the pageant, but she has a problem with same sex marriage?

I just have no respect for that whatsoever.

Coming out is the process of telling people that you are gay. Coming out is often referred to as 'coming out of the closet'. The closet represents the hiding of your sexuality.

Something is very wrong with a bible.