Author Topic: kidney stoned to the bone  (Read 745 times)

fineslime

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
kidney stoned to the bone
« on: December 07, 2022, 07:29:51 AM »
shalom PALS

early Sunday morning around 4 AM I woke up in the middle of the night. shortly after that I started to get this INTENSE pain in my nuts, similar to the feeling of blue balls. really dull and achy pain. I thought it was odd as I hadn't been fooling around with anyone to get blue balls. I was puzzled.

I then started feeling a very deep and intense pain in my back/ side, almost like I pulled a muscle... Within 15 minutes of feeling the initial pain I was on my floor in the fetal position, writhing and moaning in pain. I've never heard myself make sounds like that; imagine a grown man wailing, which quickly turned to sobbing, at the top of their lungs.

I tried riding the pain out for an hour and a half but it only got worse. at this point I was laying in bed with my glasses off, and I started hallucinating these all encompassing black voids in my ceiling. the thought that I was dying crossed my mind. I thought an organ was rupturing. I cannot stress this enough, it was the WORST pain I'd ever felt in my life.

I ended up calling my mom, who then called an ambulance. the ambulance showed up about 2 hours after the initial feeling in my back. before they left my driveway I was given IV pain meds that didn't do anything, halfway through the ride to the hospital I got another shot. again, didn't do anything. all the while I am uncontrollably thrashing, wailing, and sobbing. I was literally crying out for the Lord to take the pain away. the possibility of death had crossed my mind more than once...

as I'm getting rolled into the hospital I was thinking, "emergency surgery is 100% a possibility right now." I get to the hospital, 3rd shot, and it finally started to help. the nurses thanked me for being so loud as it helped wake them up first thing in the morning. A CT scan showed a rather large kidney stone lodged in my kidney before traveling to my bladder.

I was sent home with antibiotics, promethazine, and a medication to help me piss with more volume and with more force.

I get home from the hospital, eat a whole frozen pizza, and sleep until about 8 PM. shortly after I woke up I passed the stone, and thankfully it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I went to take a piss and I felt all this pressure build up in my ween and the thing shot out ;) after passing the stone it felt like I dipped my dick in hot sauce. you know how you can put a straw in liquid, place your finger on top of the straw to create suction, and the liquid stays inside? yeah, it felt like I did that with my dick in a bowl of hot sauce made out of porcupine needles.

Its been a few days now and I'm back at work, but I can still feel this pain in my kidney. I'm hoping another one isn't forming. I've resigned to the fact that I'll have to cut out all the sugar I can (not necessarily a bad thing) and stop drinking alcohol.

I do plan on taking the medication to make me piss more as a fun party trick.

If you ever think about getting a kidney stone, don't.

Here's a photo of what the IVs did to me because I was thrashing around so much:

« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 07:46:18 AM by fineslime »

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: kidney stoned to the bone
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 07:50:06 AM »
jesus man, nightmare fuel. glad you're alright!

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 07:56:06 AM »
jesus man, nightmare fuel. glad you're alright!

thanks man. In all honesty the shit was pretty traumatizing. I keep hearing my screams in my head. If I can use this experience to live a healthier lifestyle then it will be worth it.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 08:09:47 AM »
Kidney stone nowison

All jokes aside im sorry that happened to you

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 08:24:28 AM »
Kidney stone nowison

All jokes aside im sorry that happened to you

hahahaha solid. I'm thinking about sending a sponsor tape to Volcom Kidney Stone.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2022, 09:33:38 AM »
I'll trade you a set of trucks for it

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2022, 09:44:35 AM »
I've read some stuff about passing kidney stones and everybody says it was the worst pain they felt in their entire life but from what you described you felt it the worst on your kidney. I can't even imagine the possibility of a solid object coming out of my peepee.

Just reading this I'm in pain lol

Glad you're ok! Now you have a cool story to tell and a good reason to live healthier overall

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2022, 10:19:41 AM »
I've read some stuff about passing kidney stones and everybody says it was the worst pain they felt in their entire life but from what you described you felt it the worst on your kidney. I can't even imagine the possibility of a solid object coming out of my peepee.

Glad you're ok! Now you have a cool story to tell and a good reason to live healthier overall

I had a tooth drilled without any anesthesia at all when I was in the Air Force, I have a hard time imagining anything worse than that. Hopefully I never find out if kidney stones are worse. As soon as they hit the nerve everything went white and my ears started ringing. I had a splitting headache for weeks and I'm fairly sure I have some PTSD from it.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 10:52:03 AM »
Ok, I'm going with the softball.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2022, 11:13:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I had a tooth drilled without any anesthesia at all when I was in the Air Force, I have a hard time imagining anything worse than that. Hopefully I never find out if kidney stones are worse. As soon as they hit the nerve everything went white and my ears started ringing. I had a splitting headache for weeks and I'm fairly sure I have some PTSD from it.

I had a similar situations where I hit an exposed nerve with a water pik at full blast when I was around 19 years old. I dropped to the floor and saw all white too. Heard the ringing... yeah, I feel your pain on that brother. Both those pains are on a similar level for sure, but in different ways. The kidney stone pain lasted way way way longer and feels way deeper and more, "serious," if that makes sense.

I have a ton of residual pain and it's only been getting worse throughout the day today. I have an infection in the ureter so I'm on antibiotics too. I'm hoping its just the infection.

And yeah, I'll take the softball too. When I physically passed the stone a huge wave of relief came over me that I like to call, "post stone syndrome."

You can add all the skate injuries up I've ever had (broken bones, torn ligaments) and they don't compare in pain. The only skate injury that comes close is when I ruptured my vas deferens. That one is definitely up there.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2022, 11:26:59 AM »
Yo mate (just incase you aren't) keep drinking water every hour/ pissing as much as possible. Fuck sleep get that infection out of there.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2022, 02:22:45 PM »
Can we list everything one should do to avoid a kidney stone and to what severity they weigh in on causing one?
Is sugar the main thing?
Is alcohol just as bad?
Does salt play a factor?

What else can I do better to not ever be in this spot damn it

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2022, 02:44:30 PM »
Can we list everything one should do to avoid a kidney stone and to what severity they weigh in on causing one?
Is sugar the main thing?
Is alcohol just as bad?
Does salt play a factor?

What else can I do better to not ever be in this spot damn it

The doctor told me anything that acts as a diuretic can do it. He specifically told me sugar and alcohol are things to avoid. Coffee too.

The funny thing is, I drink water nonstop every day and I live a generally healthy lifestyle. Only drink socially and I don't eat a ton of sugar.

Genetics play a big role in things too.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1062
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2022, 03:23:56 PM »
Post your stone or it was never on…

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2022, 03:43:25 PM »
Post your stone or it was never on…

Sadly I was not straining my urine and promptly flushed it away.

I will start straining my piss for you though.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2022, 03:43:31 PM »
Dang I used to get a bunch of tiny ones and bad cases of gout (all tied to uric acid build up).   I’ never got one as gnarly as yours, but keep an eye on them recurring.  Sugars can cause them (though it’s mostly a hereditary thing) .   Beer and non-diet soda are big time flare up causes for me, other than that it’s not like I’m eating liver or sweet meats

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2022, 08:56:47 PM »
I've passed 4 kidney stones since 2007. My experiences are a little different, as shitting then vomiting (or sometimes both at the same time) always precede the climax of pain. Although the official cause is a shared GI tract, I think your body thinks it's dying and can't deal with digestion.

When I got my first stone, they initially gave me 4 hits of morphine to no avail, so they gave me a big dose of Dilaudid to stop my whining. As soon as the nurse injected it, I could feel something travel up my arm, then it hit my heart and I could feel it distribute through every vein in my body, first quickly as it shot into my brain, then slowing down towards the extremities. They also left me with a huge bottle of Vicodin and refills to help pass the stone. Nowadays, I get maybe ten pills and have to go back to the doctor for refills if the kidney stone still hasn't passed.

Also, the pain is caused by the jagged stone tearing through your ureter (tube between kidney and bladder). Sometimes the smaller ones are worse if it's irregularly shaped or lodged on the long side. You'd be surprised how easy it is to piss out a rock, once in your bladder.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2022, 12:42:28 AM »
damn the pain has to be incredibly intense if morphine doesn't help....
I had a compound fracture to my ankle 10 years ago (foot completely dislocated and twisted sideways), I left the skatepark in an ambulance and the morphine shot made the pain totally disappear, I remember being practically giddy after the shot.
Good luck with the recovery man!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2022, 02:45:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I had a similar situations where I hit an exposed nerve with a water pik at full blast when I was around 19 years old. I dropped to the floor and saw all white too. Heard the ringing... yeah, I feel your pain on that brother. Both those pains are on a similar level for sure, but in different ways. The kidney stone pain lasted way way way longer and feels way deeper and more, "serious," if that makes sense.

I have a ton of residual pain and it's only been getting worse throughout the day today. I have an infection in the ureter so I'm on antibiotics too. I'm hoping its just the infection.

And yeah, I'll take the softball too. When I physically passed the stone a huge wave of relief came over me that I like to call, "post stone syndrome."

You can add all the skate injuries up I've ever had (broken bones, torn ligaments) and they don't compare in pain. The only skate injury that comes close is when I ruptured my vas deferens. That one is definitely up there.

What the fuck dude you need to start taking better care of your bait & tackle haha. How much other genital trauma have you endured?

Any time I've had something like that where my body decided something does not not belong and needs to go, even like really bad food poisoning, I always end up laying on the cold bathroom floor and sweating profusely for a while when it's done. That intense relief is definitely a crazy feeling that I have to imagine is similar to women post childbirth.

companguero

• Rep: 248
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2022, 08:52:04 AM »

Your account was hard to read, my sincere condolences dude.

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2022, 07:15:50 PM »
That sounds horrible. I hope you are feeling better.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2022, 07:27:51 PM »
I've passed 4 kidney stones since 2007. My experiences are a little different, as shitting then vomiting (or sometimes both at the same time) always precede the climax of pain. Although the official cause is a shared GI tract, I think your body thinks it's dying and can't deal with digestion.

When I got my first stone, they initially gave me 4 hits of morphine to no avail, so they gave me a big dose of Dilaudid to stop my whining. As soon as the nurse injected it, I could feel something travel up my arm, then it hit my heart and I could feel it distribute through every vein in my body, first quickly as it shot into my brain, then slowing down towards the extremities. They also left me with a huge bottle of Vicodin and refills to help pass the stone. Nowadays, I get maybe ten pills and have to go back to the doctor for refills if the kidney stone still hasn't passed.

Also, the pain is caused by the jagged stone tearing through your ureter (tube between kidney and bladder). Sometimes the smaller ones are worse if it's irregularly shaped or lodged on the long side. You'd be surprised how easy it is to piss out a rock, once in your bladder.

its so interesting reading everyone's experience. pain stuff never did anything for me but the way you described the dilaudid reminds me of something like xanax, which is a totally different drug.

kidney stones terrify me. thanks a lot for sharing this though. makes me want to get a little healthier.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2022, 07:31:57 PM »
Flomax and colchicine are daddy’s little helpers in that dept

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2022, 06:22:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

What the fuck dude you need to start taking better care of your bait & tackle haha. How much other genital trauma have you endured?

Any time I've had something like that where my body decided something does not not belong and needs to go, even like really bad food poisoning, I always end up laying on the cold bathroom floor and sweating profusely for a while when it's done. That intense relief is definitely a crazy feeling that I have to imagine is similar to women post childbirth.

Haha you're telling me, man. I've been trying to use my dick as little as possible the last year... the vas deferens injury was from skating, too. I was trying to heel flip a barrier off a bump and put a little too much stank on the front foot. Landed on the tail and it spring boarded the nose into my junk. I came blood for literally months after that, and then intermittently over the course of the next 5 years.

I did a podcast with comedian Ryan Sickler about it. It's on his Patreon page.

Past couple days have still been rather rough. Two nights ago I thought I was getting another stone. Same pain in my back and in my nuts. Dude, I wouldn't wish this shit on anyone.

Thanks for all the well wishes pals.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2022, 06:30:05 AM »
to speak on the comparison of child birth; my son was born last year and his mom delivered him 100% naturally. I feel like this was my experience in balancing out the karmic suffering she went through.