Author Topic: couch potato two thousand twenty two  (Read 966 times)

girlfriendplease

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -22
  • i can shuv it, 5050, bslide, kickflip, and nocompl
couch potato two thousand twenty two
« on: November 09, 2022, 04:45:33 AM »
im a modern couch potato, my right hand always has my iphone tightly clenched. sometimes i just zone out and play mental ping pong on trying to decide if stuff is one way or the other. i wanted to ask you privileged judgemental wooden stick lovers what i should do to make myself feel like elon musk carrying a sink into the twitter headquarters.

is my life over?
i care

Perforated Opinions

• Rep: -198
Re: couch potato two thousand twenty two
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 12:36:21 PM »
Catch the bus around. It’s hard to get to the bus stop but being outside and seeing out the window will help, also you might meet a cute girl.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 02:28:32 PM »
Riding on city busses for a hobby is sad

companguero

• Rep: 248
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 04:49:12 PM »

Curious what would make you sad about that.

Although calling it a hobby is a stretch, it's still a pretty down to earth way to spend some free time as a cheap convenient way to do your urban exploring.
There's something mentally activating about being transported around that lets your mind wander while being stimulated constantly by moving scenes.
If there's anything interesting going on inside that's another focal point.

Years ago I took a solo trip to Manhattan and just walked around for days until my knees got sore. I ended up riding their busses up and down the island, seeing more of the city in a context I couldn't otherwise.
I'll never forget the whole day I spent alone in London, hopped onto the top deck of their iconic busses and found a seat with a view out the front. A skater grabbed the open seat next to me and I chatted with him for a bit. Dude had come from Aus living with his girlfriend and found some work. The line ended near the London House of Vans which he pointed out to me.
Later that night I had to find a relocated bus stop under a sketched out bridge. Some ragged dude who got fucked up approached us, his forearm was slashed and bleeding but was trying to sell us a bmx. Then on the ride home we all got treated to a drunken family dispute. Ah merry old London.

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

pleasent street

• Rep: -91
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 05:28:31 PM »

i disagree, i think riding public transport is an adventure. but i don't have to do it very often so maybe i'm biased.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 05:33:56 PM »
It was just a Belle & Sebastian reference man.

My new thing now that it‘s dark all the time, is walking on my treadmill while watching 4K walk videos on YouTube.  Tonight I did Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.  Seemed like a nice place.

Rihannasdirtylaundry

• Rep: -2
  • A poster formerly known as Rafiki
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2022, 04:29:56 AM »
Become a masked vigilante.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2022, 04:56:45 AM »
It was just a Belle & Sebastian reference man.

My new thing now that it‘s dark all the time, is walking on my treadmill while watching 4K walk videos on YouTube.  Tonight I did Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.  Seemed like a nice place.

That...is actually pretty cool.

I've zoned out on YouTube POV city tour videos. Zipping to and fro around some random European city I will probably never visit.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2022, 08:32:32 AM »

I watched this when I was sick with Covid and really loved it, as a long time fan on B&S. Incredible to consider that Tigermilk and Sinister were recorded so closely together, one in a single day and the other in two days, from a bunch of song Stewart Murdoch wrote over the span of a little more than a year. Unsurprisingly, "riding city busses for a hobby" was something he actually did while recovering from CFS.

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2022, 08:40:00 AM »
Go to YouTube and learn about a hobby with a low barrier of entry like drawing, singing, or writing poetry. Assuming you skate, the desire to leave the house doesn’t sound like a problem. Sounds more like you just want something constructive to focus on when sitting around.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 665
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2022, 09:27:42 AM »
Hold a plank for 2mn30 right now

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2022, 09:43:55 AM »
Hold a plank for 2mn30 right now

Hey that's how I start my day!! But only for a min and a half lol

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2022, 04:44:53 PM »

<3

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2022, 08:27:39 PM »
If you're a proper couch potato and money/health isn't an issue learn to cook. You can sit on the couch and watch videos to learn how and then going to the shop to buy the ingredients is a good simple way to get off the couch. Maybe even add a walk to the shops if possible and you've got yourself some light exercise.

girlfriendplease

• Rep: -22
  • i can shuv it, 5050, bslide, kickflip, and nocompl
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2022, 09:15:16 PM »
i may retire the couch position and move up the ranks to my mattress, where i can dream about everyone laughind hard at my non-sharpened end of the pencil jokes

public transportation sounds fun. just gotta keep my holes covered with cloth and breathe shallow so i dont get any viruses. also keep some earphones on incase some people start creating a reality i would want to escape using their voices. gotta find the empty cars.

all in all, im going to oversleep a little more because thats something i enjoy, * fart *
i care

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2022, 03:41:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
A skater grabbed the open seat next to me and I chatted with him for a bit. Dude had come from Aus living with his girlfriend and found some work. The line ended near the London House of Vans which he pointed out to me.

Curious if this was Henri Foot haha, he was kinda on the company I filmed for a bit and had just moved to the UK from Aus around that time, worked in this cool burger joint in Islington.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2022, 03:50:18 AM »
This talk of catching buses to just get up and go, to take in what's around you reminds me of this old guy that used to come into my work (when I was customer services based and dealt with customers on reception from time to time).

He is over 60, so he got the free bus pass you get when you're erm, over 60. He would go from where he lived in town and would just around Swansea, often going to the Gower and spending time around the beaches there, getting an ice cream and walking around. He would just come in, pay his rent and would be so ecstatic about what the day had to offer. If I'm not working my arse off and I get to retire before I pop it, I would love to do this haha.

I thought was a cool way to spend your days if you haven't got shit to do, getting up and going for walks even when it's shitty is a good one. Just constantly looking around and absorbing what's around you. I got more into foraging and just learning about different plants and mushrooms, so I'd take my Collins book with me when I took the dog out for a walk and just spend time walking through bits of overgrowth and what not.

When I returned home I was more influenced to get shit done I normally looked over (if I wasn't pooped out). It can sometimes take a lot of mental strength to do it and can be a bit of a bummer if it's dark and gloomy out, but when you do it you do feel like you accomplished something even if you only just go off your arse haha.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2022, 05:30:31 AM »
"...i'm going to ride the Jackson bus, and just...think about life..."

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2022, 09:35:47 AM »
I love taking random round trips on buses you find spots sometimes meet cool people and see shit you normally wouldn't. Especially in new city's.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2022, 10:17:24 AM »
@girlfriendplease did you ever figure this life shit out?