Author Topic: dennis busenitz soty 09?  (Read 8009 times)

Jonorhea

Re: dennis busenitz soty 09?
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2009, 06:32:18 PM »
booze has got it this year and i'm already predicting leo or wesgate for next year.

Killuminated1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -38
    • my youboob avatar image
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2009, 07:25:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Sight Unseen was off the charts and he didn't get it then.
[close]

nobody will ever win SOTY based off a transworld video, no matter how great. for anybody who is unaware, thrasher and transworld aren't really buddies.
[close]

Obviously, since no one can create a beef or hold a grudge like Thrasher can, but that doesn't stop that footage from existing and from everyone taking notice. But more to my point, Heath's parts in Sight Unseen and MindField feel too similar, with too much handrail skating. Thrasher's never given it to a rail jumper, and now that skating's going back to more ditch skating, DIY spot making/skating and so on, I really doubt that Heath or Leo will win it. Unless their parts break out into new terrain. Could happen...

When I think about it, it seems so crazy to even presume anyone else will win when you look at where Dennis lives, what he skates (hills, tranny, people's homes), how he skates (fast, powerful, gnarly), and who he's sponsored by (some of the most sincere, skate-minded people in the world). They're all hallmarks of Thrasher's Modus Operandi. I don't want to make it sound like it's a done deal or it's fixed, but I'd be really surprised if he doesn't win. And I may never look at another Thrasher again if he doesn't. The guy just blows me away every time I see footage of him.

arto won.  don't act like he doesn't stunt jump just as much as heath.

if it came down to it i wouldn't mind if leo or dennis won...This year leo is killing it soo hard and dennis is always killing it! I thought dennis should have won the year cole won but no matter what he will win one year and i will be stoked when that happens.

leo's gonna win one year no matter what?  people were saying the same thing about bastien and we all know what happened with that...sort of
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 07:30:00 PM by Killuminated1 »
friendless virgin

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2009, 07:39:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Dennis Busenitz is Germanic. I say Leo Romero wins, hes of partial Mediterranean stock so he will make the Ancient Romans and Greeks proud.
[close]
my god, your accounts are annoying.
i bet you mike mo will win it :/
If mike mo or p rod won, i would be more inclined to respect his opinion, but i still wouldn't care. Jake phelps is a faggot.

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2009, 07:48:07 PM »
jake phelps is too insecure to pick someone like mo, paul, or sheckler to be soty
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

BabyKillaSeason

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
    • AnotherDudeWithABlog avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
LEO ROMERO!!

sage

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2009, 10:01:34 PM »
If mike mo or p rod won, i would be more inclined to respect his opinion, but i still wouldn't care. Jake phelps is a faggot.

If the Plan B video drops this year, P-rod needs to win. He's been non-stop killing it since he was 14, he's definitely "earned it" as people like to say.

As for Mike Mo... even though the guy is another level only a handful of people can touch, I think it'd be weird to give it to a kid who's only had one real video part. Maybe if he has a part in the Chocolate video. That being said, I won't be disappointed or surprised if Busenitz wins it.

PumpkinEsc0bar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
  • cleaner than a broke dick dog
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2009, 11:59:57 PM »

antwuangavemeakiss

• Rep: -45
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2009, 12:12:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If the Plan B video drops this year, P-rod needs to win. He's been non-stop killing it since he was 14, he's definitely "earned it" as people like to say.

As for Mike Mo... even though the guy is another level only a handful of people can touch, I think it'd be weird to give it to a kid who's only had one real video part. Maybe if he has a part in the Chocolate video. That being said, I won't be disappointed or surprised if Busenitz wins it.

the Plan B video is surely not coming out this year. Or maybe even next year.

Uncle John

• Rep: -9
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2009, 12:50:35 AM »
Justin Brock will own the Real video. Dennis won't win it, someone else, but i don't know who. Maybe Zered or Stefan because he's everywhere these days.
I have always been here before.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2009, 01:23:52 AM »
Justin Brock will own the Real video. Dennis won't win it, someone else, but i don't know who. Maybe Zered or Stefan because he's everywhere these days.

any reasons why you think Dennis won't win?

VolumeBass

• Rep: -71
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2009, 01:51:08 AM »
Expand Quote
He should, I"d say Torey Pudwil should be considered too... but Busenitz has deserved it for like 3 years-I was seriously shocked when Silas got it before him, and i'm a silas fan.
[close]
oh hell no, shut the fuck up,

Agreed,I don't care how high he can pop or how many flips he can do out of grinds. He comes across like an asshole and is completely gross to watch.

[
[/quote]

Amen to that

sheed_rehash

• Rep: 6
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2009, 07:26:48 PM »
i'm gonna have to go with romero, the 50-50 up the rail, a sick part FOR A PROMO, and an emerica part still to come? they should just give it to him next month

Jimmy909

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2009, 07:28:49 PM »

killing time

• Rep: 19
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2009, 07:44:40 PM »
give it to pensyl
Do you want to put a saddle on the lion of Juddah and ride it back to babylon?

IPODS SUCK!

• Rep: 13
  • skaters do it to fakie

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal

IPODS SUCK!

• Rep: 13
  • skaters do it to fakie
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2009, 07:08:43 AM »
OK?

It's a photo of Phelps that was on Max Schaff's blog, 4Q Conditioning. Granted the photo is old, but so is Phelps. Simply to show that Jake Phelps can skateboard contrary to your claim. No, he's not a ripper on top of his skate game, the fucker is nearly 50 years old. His job isn't to be a good skateboarder though, he is the editor of a magazine that covers skateboarding. An ESPN baseball analyst doesn't need to be a great ballplayer to provide accurate insight into the current state of MLB.

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • only the classics
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done

Tommes

• Rep: -30
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2009, 07:18:13 AM »
Dennis or Heath....
what? where? why? huh?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2009, 10:25:28 AM »

It's a photo of Phelps that was on Max Schaff's blog, 4Q Conditioning. Granted the photo is old, but so is Phelps. Simply to show that Jake Phelps can skateboard contrary to your claim. No, he's not a ripper on top of his skate game, the fucker is nearly 50 years old. His job isn't to be a good skateboarder though, he is the editor of a magazine that covers skateboarding. An ESPN baseball analyst doesn't need to be a great ballplayer to provide accurate insight into the current state of MLB.
He never was a ripper either, clearly sucked. He doesn't deserve to have any say so, in anything about skateboarding. He a orge faced faggot, that got picked on in high school and now thinks he's a big shot. Someone needs to punch his frail ass in the face.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2009, 10:27:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
He never was a ripper either, clearly sucked. He doesn't deserve to have any say so, in anything about skateboarding. He a orge faced faggot, that got picked on in high school and now thinks he's a big shot. Someone needs to punch his frail ass in the face.

whats an orge faced faggot?  orange?  orgy?  ogre?

thebloodandsweatbrigade

• Rep: 0
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2009, 10:48:22 AM »
Dennis or Heath....

Ditto.

Why the hell would P-rod get it this year?

itsafacade

• Rep: -2
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2009, 11:17:12 AM »
id have to say its riding on the emerica video...its gotta be either leo or heath. gotta be

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2009, 12:00:04 PM »
Has anyone mentioned Jordan Hoffart? It's a stretch, but he put out a 6 minute long part in the powell video and did a varial heel down wallenberg during the contest in may. If he gets more coverage in Thrasher this year, it could happen.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2009, 12:39:34 PM »
Has anyone mentioned Jordan Hoffart? It's a stretch, but he put out a 6 minute long part in the powell video and did a varial heel down wallenberg during the contest in may. If he gets more coverage in Thrasher this year, it could happen.
Even though he's been killing it for a little while now, he just doesn't have that recognition that Dennis, Heath or Leo have. Didn't someone here say that Jake Phelps didn't know who he was when he did the varial heel?
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

TheFifthColumn

• Rep: -113
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2009, 12:51:31 PM »
Why are people mentioning Busenitz's pro model shoe as a factor in winning SOTY?  If Busenitz wins, it will be because of his skating and his coverage, not because he designs a good product.

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • only the classics
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2009, 01:02:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Dennis or Heath....
[close]

Ditto.

Why the hell would P-rod get it this year?

maybe not this year but he sure as hell deserved it the year he put out nike, proof, and a time to shine

drowe1

• Rep: -16
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2009, 03:07:03 PM »
the emerica video wont be out in time for heath or leo to win.. Im down for busenitz but he needs a banger part in the real video.

Killuminated1

• Rep: -38
    • my youboob avatar image
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2009, 05:02:57 PM »
Why are people mentioning Busenitz's pro model shoe as a factor in winning SOTY?  If Busenitz wins, it will be because of his skating and his coverage, not because he designs a good product.

getting a new shoe IS coverage.  a new shoe is your name and face in a photo incentive with a possible killer trick.  just that fact that he's getting a pro model out of adidas is of note considering the only other person to have one is gonz and they don't just hand them out like emerica and is thereby felt more by the greater skateboard community.  in other words, it carries a lot of weight (more so than heath or leo's new kicks).  Dennis has been getting just as much coverage as leo, has put out a video part like leo, and has another coming out like leo.  the only thing in question here is whoever you like more.  heath only had one part so i doubt his chances.  the only way i see busenitz losing is if phelps just wanted to be a dick and surprise everyone - a distinct possibilty.

other than being secure in the knowledge that you have won skateboarding, of course, do you even get anything for winning this shit?  Trophies!  Awesomes!
friendless virgin

TheFifthColumn

• Rep: -113
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2009, 08:35:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

getting a new shoe IS coverage.  a new shoe is your name and face in a photo incentive with a possible killer trick.  just that fact that he's getting a pro model out of adidas is of note considering the only other person to have one is gonz and they don't just hand them out like emerica and is thereby felt more by the greater skateboard community.  in other words, it carries a lot of weight (more so than heath or leo's new kicks). 

A new shoe usually just means a new ad, which hardly carries any weight compared to video parts or getting coverage and interviews in Thrasher.  Plus, I doubt Phelps really cares about shoes.

But besides that, it's a stupid premise anyway.  You don't need to be a good skater to design a shoe, you just need to be a good shoe designer.  It's like saying a skater should win a skateboarding award because he designed a cool deck graphic or created some sort of magical holographic griptape.