Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249410 times)

Stoop Kid 2.0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #2160 on: July 28, 2014, 02:07:30 PM »
went to buy the sierra pack yesterday but it was gone.   i have so much beer though i'm not extremely crushed

stoopid, i saw Agave bottles at one of my stores.  it's 16 though.  pretty steep.  but if you want it lemme know

Yeah that is pretty steep, and thanks for the offer but another bar is tapping it on Friday near me and they are doing normal priced growlers of it because they have a few kegs of it. I appreciate that you would do that though.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2161 on: July 28, 2014, 02:09:11 PM »
Also I'm kind of dissapointed with the Beer Camp packs. So far I've only liked 3 out of the 9 I've tried so far.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #2162 on: July 29, 2014, 02:51:38 PM »
Saw this on my newsfeed, thought some of you beer artisans might find it funny/stupid/aggravating... I went to a large SEC school so I have some questionable facebook friends

http://totalfratmove.com/people-i-hate-snobby-hipster-bartenders/

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2163 on: July 29, 2014, 03:04:54 PM »
Saw this on my newsfeed, thought some of you beer artisans might find it funny/stupid/aggravating... I went to a large SEC school so I have some questionable facebook friends

Whoever wrote that is a giant fucking tool.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #2164 on: July 29, 2014, 03:22:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

indeed

ps, sorry for calling you stoopid stoop.  i guess i always misread your name as stoopid kid.  alas, i am ashamed

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2165 on: July 29, 2014, 04:13:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

indeed

ps, sorry for calling you stoopid stoop.  i guess i always misread your name as stoopid kid.  alas, i am ashamed

Haha it's cool man. Just found out this bar I just found that only deal with craft beer is doing a vote on their Facebook page to tap a rare beer on Friday for international beer day. There you can vote for are North Coast barrel aged Old Rasputin XV, Maine Beer Lunch, the Lost Abbey Agave Maria, the Bruery Sucre, and Allagash Fluxus 2014. So far Rasputin is winning in votes. I for one think they should tap Rasputin in the fall or winter. It's too heavy for the summer even though I love it. I really wish Sucre would win because I am very anxious to try it. I really hope somehow it wins.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2166 on: July 29, 2014, 04:16:06 PM »
Sucre is pretty incredible
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2167 on: July 29, 2014, 04:29:13 PM »
Yeah I really want to try it. I've only heard great things.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2168 on: July 29, 2014, 04:36:47 PM »
i got to try all the variants at the anniversary party but still think the regular Sucre is the best, which is the only one that is widely available.  pricey though, but then all their stuff is

pancake man

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2169 on: July 30, 2014, 04:21:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

indeed

Guy does have a point though. I'm all for education of beer, but when a bartender acts like the way described in that horribly written piece, it is incredibly obnoxious.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #2170 on: July 30, 2014, 05:53:15 AM »
One of the best Spanish beers Voll Damm

A bit strong (7,2?) you can find it easily in Spain.

Also, if you are into strong beers you can't go wrong with this one 9?

Prince Nelson

« Reply #2171 on: July 30, 2014, 06:19:39 AM »

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #2172 on: July 30, 2014, 12:16:01 PM »
i got to try all the variants at the anniversary party but still think the regular Sucre is the best, which is the only one that is widely available.  pricey though, but then all their stuff is

my friend sprang for it on the 4th - 3 of us split it. It's like beer syrup - now that i would love to age for a few years...

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #2173 on: July 30, 2014, 05:05:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

indeed

[close]

Guy does have a point though. I'm all for education of beer, but when a bartender acts like the way described in that horribly written piece, it is incredibly obnoxious.

the articles on that site are parodies of how frat bros talk. even though its mostly frat bros making fun of, while also glorifying, themselves.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

pancake man

« Reply #2174 on: July 30, 2014, 05:58:59 PM »
Yeah that's what I figured, but still, reading that was a struggle

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2175 on: July 31, 2014, 06:23:04 PM »
So I decided to have my last bottle of White Oak tonight. As im drinking it enjoying some Family Guy and my girlfriend is adjacent me reading a book. My fat ass pug walks over and plops his ass right next to the glass knocking it over. I leapt up so quick and for a second I even contemplated sucking it off of my hardwood floors. Was having a crumby day and I was looking forward to it more than anything. Also Sucre did not win the vote. They are tapping Maine Lunch (which ive heard shotty reviews of) and Old Rasputin XV.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #2176 on: July 31, 2014, 09:51:48 PM »
maine lunch is a great east coast ipa, especially fresh. i liked it every time i've had it.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2177 on: August 01, 2014, 02:05:29 PM »
maine lunch is a great east coast ipa, especially fresh. i liked it every time i've had it.

I hope the keg they have is fresh.

foureyedjim

« Reply #2178 on: August 02, 2014, 01:40:21 AM »
I'm not a huge beer drinker, but I do enjoy pilsners the most.

pancake man

« Reply #2179 on: August 02, 2014, 03:28:06 PM »
These guys kick serious ass, a grisette

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2180 on: August 02, 2014, 05:03:46 PM »
Beer Camp was absolutely amazing. I tried so many beers I wanted to indulge in and some more. Although one beer I wanted to try for years now I finally had and was very dissapointed.

Jai Alai: it's was my favorite beer of the event and also my first time having it. Wasn't expecting to see it but as soon as I did I was right there. It was great. I felt like I was drinking the freshest squeezed hops fruit mix known to man.

Maple Mistress: pumpkin beers to me are usually hit or miss but this one was a direct hit. The nutmeg and cinnamon flavors were extremely present in this beer and worked we'll with the maple and pumpkin. Definitely worth a try and will be one of my regulars for the upcoming fall season.

Love Lamp: it's the pineapple version of Franziskaner. It's delicious and I could drink it all day. If you love pineapples it's a must.

So many good beers but those were the standouts to me. Now the big dissapointment. The Russian River line was outrageously long all day. Luckily I planned ahead and was one of the first people let into the event and when directly to Russian Rivers stand. I had only heard great things about Pliny the Elder for years. I have tried very hard to get it and never succeeded. Today I finally had it and was extremely let down. Was pretty bummed about that.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2181 on: August 03, 2014, 10:21:11 AM »
Also I had the Old Rasputin XV. It was pretty darn good but I got ripped off. They charged me $20 for an 8 oz. glass. Maines lunch was kicked before I could get there.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2182 on: August 03, 2014, 12:27:12 PM »
WE MAKE THE BEST BEER ON EARTH, HANDS DOWN. MOST UNIS GET 95 + ON RATEBEER

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2183 on: August 03, 2014, 12:45:57 PM »
WE MAKE THE BEST BEER ON EARTH, HANDS DOWN. MOST UNIS GET 95 + ON RATEBEER

Not the best beer on earth, but I do enjoy Trois Pistoles and Raftman.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #2184 on: August 03, 2014, 01:00:29 PM »
my new favorite beer is landshark beer i can drink like a whole bunch of them in a row and i think theyre just the greatest

great mouthfeel

pancake man

« Reply #2185 on: August 03, 2014, 01:19:43 PM »
Also I had the Old Rasputin XV. It was pretty darn good but I got ripped off. They charged me $20 for an 8 oz. glass. Maines lunch was kicked before I could get there.

Were you in Portland Maine? Maine had Lunch and Dinner on tap at the SN Beer Camp... sooofaking good

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #2186 on: August 03, 2014, 01:29:59 PM »
in all seriousness though i do love me a heady topper

and im not talking about GAY

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2187 on: August 03, 2014, 01:41:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Were you in Portland Maine? Maine had Lunch and Dinner on tap at the SN Beer Camp... sooofaking good

No New Jersey. This bar called Maloneys always has 125 beers on tap and most of them are rare craft beers and limiteds. If you are ever in NJ check it out. I went to the SN beer camp in Philly. Sadly Maine or 3 Floyd's were not there.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #2188 on: August 03, 2014, 01:54:36 PM »

If anyone will be up round Albany on Thursday, swing by.

Going to tap a few rad kegs, Altamont Smoke N Dank 12% IIIPA, Mikkeller/Prairie American Style Brettanomyces IPA, Iron Springs Casey Jones IIPA, Sierra Nevada Equinox and Hoptimum, Ale Industries Uncle Jesse, Faction Spring IPA, and a ton of other stuff.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2189 on: August 03, 2014, 02:36:10 PM »

If anyone will be up round Albany on Thursday, swing by.

Going to tap a few rad kegs, Altamont Smoke N Dank 12% IIIPA, Mikkeller/Prairie American Style Brettanomyces IPA, Iron Springs Casey Jones IIPA, Sierra Nevada Equinox and Hoptimum, Ale Industries Uncle Jesse, Faction Spring IPA, and a ton of other stuff.

Damn I really wish I could go to this.