Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 247561 times)

mattofallmatts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #2820 on: November 19, 2015, 12:44:25 AM »
The Oskar Blues thing is not true, at least not as of yet. I highly doubt that will/is happening, but times be crazy.

Founders has already sold 30% minority stake to Spanish company, wouldn't be surprised if a complete buyout happened.

Bummer.

EDIT:

"Fireman Capital Partners (a private equity firm) just bought an undisclosed, but majority, stake of Oskar Blues" - this was in May.

= wouldn't be surprised if now that PE firm is selling to AB-INBEV or SABMiller. Sadface.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:47:19 AM by mattofallmatts »

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2821 on: November 25, 2015, 10:25:14 PM »
In NJ right now, redeye flight from SF last night landed at 8am east coast time. About to go to bed. Rueuze to the dome.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #2822 on: November 27, 2015, 06:58:27 PM »
^ gnarred because of yuengling

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2823 on: November 28, 2015, 10:14:11 AM »

I fucking back yuengling so hard. Every time I come out east I slam a few down. They bottle date all their cans and bottles, super easy to find a freshly packaged one. The one above was 2 weeks old. The Rueuze on the other hand was the 2013 batch. ;D

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #2824 on: November 28, 2015, 04:48:16 PM »
I was just lurking Beer Advocate and reading some guys comments and was Stone bought out? Some guys comments make it seem that way.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2825 on: November 29, 2015, 05:48:33 PM »
I was just lurking Beer Advocate and reading some guys comments and was Stone bought out? Some guys comments make it seem that way.

?

Link?

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2826 on: November 30, 2015, 12:40:45 AM »
would not be surprised, especially with Ballast Point going for a BILLION recently. Stone might not be able to top that number what with not selling 15$ 6-packs but it would probably be close. on second thought, stone has a brewery in Germany and from what i hear very nice locations in so-cal, with a resort/hotel in the works right? a billion might not be so outlandish after all.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #2827 on: December 01, 2015, 11:15:50 AM »
i am now a member of 4 beer societies.  it's getting out of hand.  have to dial it back.  not going to join more than 10
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2828 on: December 01, 2015, 11:26:45 AM »
Shit. Just one homebrew club is more than I can handle sometimes. We just got Crooked Stave here in Nebraska.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2829 on: December 01, 2015, 04:24:56 PM »
There were dudes dropping hints in the canned arrogant bastard thread in the forums. Apparently they sold arrogant bastard as a whole and name? idk. Couple of guys came in saying "oh they don't know yet". If stone is the big one that guy was talking about my mind will be blown.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2830 on: December 01, 2015, 05:04:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I fucking back yuengling so hard. Every time I come out east I slam a few down. They bottle date all their cans and bottles, super easy to find a freshly packaged one. The one above was 2 weeks old. The Rueuze on the other hand was the 2013 batch. ;D

Can you find those on the west coast? My cousin just came back from New York and preached the truth to me about them.

sours?

Someone fill me in why people like these. I've had around ten from different breweries and everyone has reminded me slightly of vomit. I feel like everyone got drowned in IPA and forgot there are still good ones out there and for some reason started trying to find turd gems in saisons and sours.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #2831 on: December 01, 2015, 05:32:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure that yuengling is an east coast only thing. As for sour beers, they are some of my favorites. It took me a long time to really appreciate them, but once I did, I fell in love.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Fine Young Cannibal

• Rep: 49
« Reply #2832 on: December 01, 2015, 06:47:35 PM »
Anyone get their hands on Bourbon County this year?  I was able to snag a bunch of the regular and a few of each variant. After cracking a Coffee and a Regular, I can say with confidence that I think Regular is the better beer.  Hell...this year's Regular is honestly the best it's ever been.  Stock up if you can.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2833 on: December 01, 2015, 07:48:51 PM »
I drank a 2013 I had been holding on to. It was fantastic!

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2834 on: December 01, 2015, 08:28:21 PM »
got a bunch of reg.  no variants. 

stoop - don't think theres any way Stone will ever sell out. 
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #2835 on: December 01, 2015, 09:22:15 PM »
haven't really made any effort to get bcbs since I moved out of the midwest. it's good, but I've had enough of it.

I am a bit bummed I missed the Sierra Nevada beer club registration. seemed like a decent deal.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2836 on: December 01, 2015, 11:32:08 PM »
haven't really made any effort to get bcbs since I moved out of the midwest. it's good, but I've had enough of it.

I am a bit bummed I missed the Sierra Nevada beer club registration. seemed like a decent deal.

I can pick up any special release bottles at The Torpedo room in Berkeley. Let me know if there is anything in particular you would like.

I'm pretty sure that yuengling is an east coast only thing. As for sour beers, they are some of my favorites. It took me a long time to really appreciate them, but once I did, I fell in love.

99% East Coast only.

Someone fill me in why people like these. I've had around ten from different breweries and everyone has reminded me slightly of vomit. I feel like everyone got drowned in IPA and forgot there are still good ones out there and for some reason started trying to find turd gems in saisons and sours.

They are some of the most complex, long lasting, and interesting beers in the world. Some taste like shit, just like any other beer. Keep looking, avoid the mega tart paint thinner stuff. In the end, different strokes for different folks I guess.

Hannity

« Reply #2837 on: December 02, 2015, 07:51:13 AM »
i grew up in NJ and NY and have had plenty of Yuengling. people west of the Mississippi like to create hype around it, but IMO it's a good, not great, lager that is meant for sessioning. In fact I think most of the time I'd take a normal Sam Adams Boston Lager over a Yuengling

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2838 on: December 02, 2015, 09:24:16 AM »

i joined.   hoping i'll be able to make it up north for some of the events.  having a friend pick stuff up

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2839 on: December 02, 2015, 04:17:37 PM »
Was able to get two of the regular BCBS, one barleywine, and one regal  :'( the coffee was not shipped to my county. That All Green Everything release this weekend though ;D

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2840 on: December 02, 2015, 06:52:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i joined.   hoping i'll be able to make it up north for some of the events.  having a friend pick stuff up
nice. i'll try for next year. only did rare barrel again for next year. if you get up here let me know. be cool to grab a beer at toronado or cellarmaker.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #2841 on: December 02, 2015, 08:00:16 PM »
i have lots of bourbon county reg stout in south jersey hit me up if you wanna trade or buy

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2842 on: December 03, 2015, 04:16:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
nice. i'll try for next year. only did rare barrel again for next year. if you get up here let me know. be cool to grab a beer at toronado or cellarmaker.

Come over to the east bay and visit me at Fieldwork, then we can go skate Berkeley park. Literally next door. I watch people skate the park from our back roll up door.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2843 on: December 03, 2015, 10:02:25 PM »
shit, i didn't know you were there. been a couple times and really like the beer. definitely down.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2844 on: December 04, 2015, 09:53:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

sounds good, will do

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2845 on: December 06, 2015, 04:06:51 AM »
I hate session beers, but Other Halfs Baby Green is ridiculously good.

pancake man

« Reply #2846 on: December 06, 2015, 10:56:19 AM »
How's the brewery coming along Stoop?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2847 on: December 06, 2015, 02:39:25 PM »
How's the brewery coming along Stoop?

Its at a big hold right now. I owned the rights to a slogan and someone else used it and mass produced it without the knowledge of me owing it. So legal issues. Beers going great though. Weve been fucking around with some weird shit and expect me to be working somewhere I love before I go on my own.

pancake man

« Reply #2848 on: December 06, 2015, 03:10:08 PM »
Sooooo what you're saying is you'll be my Other Half hook up? Thaaaanks!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 03:18:17 PM by pancake man »

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2849 on: December 06, 2015, 10:42:52 PM »
You work at fieldwork now Matt? I'm pretty sure you were talking about them in February when we met. Good shit man! Hopefully I can make it out there soon.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH