Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 247544 times)

Buster_Poosey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #2970 on: May 28, 2022, 12:38:13 PM »
Lately been real hyped on Trader Joe's Simpler Times lager. Only $3.49 a six pack and it's 6.2 abv so it does the job nicely. Not amazing taste wise, but you get what you pay for.

Yooooo, my man. This stuff is the shit. Not the best tasting, but far from the worst. If you’re a drunk on a budget, you can really get a bang for your buck. Trader Joe’s will also let you buy the can individually, so if you need a 9 pack to get the job done, and are tight on funds, then don’t sweat it. TJ’s has got your back
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 07:57:21 PM by Buster_Poosey »

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #2971 on: May 28, 2022, 05:30:54 PM »
being so close to coastal oregon has me drinking alot of rogue and pelican brews lately... but then again, ninkasi and oakshire hit the spot every time. every now and then I crave an ice cold labatt blue, in which case I hit up a bills backers bar in eugene 🍺

PRISON IKE

• Rep: 37
  • Flex seal, but for genitalia
« Reply #2972 on: May 28, 2022, 06:28:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Lately been real hyped on Trader Joe's Simpler Times lager. Only $3.49 a six pack and it's 6.2 abv so it does the job nicely. Not amazing taste wise, but you get what you pay for.
[close]

Yooooo, my man. This stuff is the shit. Not the best tasting, but far from the worst. If your a drunk on a budget, you can really get a bang for your buck. Trader Joe’s will also let you buy the can individually, so if you need a 9 pack to get the job done, and are tight on funds, then don’t sweat it. TJ’s has got your back

This is the kind of info we need! Helluva scouting report! Cheers!
I’d skin my knee and palms so bad on my buddy’s jump ramp with that thing.

Basingstoke

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2973 on: May 29, 2022, 12:32:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Drank that a lot last summer, living in North Van I enjoyed La Cerveceria Paypaya Hibiscus Gose and Ravens Brewing Co Mango Jalapeno Gose.
[close]

I’d for sure like to try both of those.
[close]

Me too. Are those North Van exclusives? I'll keep an eye out at my local stores..

Raven's no, but real easy to find on the North shore and refreshing. La Cerveceria maybe, but I think they may do delivery in Vancouver.

sharkjumper

• Rep: 40
« Reply #2974 on: May 29, 2022, 02:15:38 PM »
This one is tasty, and supports skateparks.
https://www.rogue.com/shop/beer/core/dreamland/

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #2975 on: May 31, 2022, 10:38:56 AM »
Been digging the Bodhizafa recently. They have it on tap in a lot of places by me and is noticeably better on draft, but still great in a can.

Irvine-Sucks.com

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #2976 on: May 31, 2022, 03:42:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yooooo, my man. This stuff is the shit. Not the best tasting, but far from the worst. If your a drunk on a budget, you can really get a bang for your buck. Trader Joe’s will also let you buy the can individually, so if you need a 9 pack to get the job done, and are tight on funds, then don’t sweat it. TJ’s has got your back
[close]

This is the kind of info we need! Helluva scouting report! Cheers!

I cannot wait to go buy some. 7.50 for a 12 pack? I'm gonna stock up my homies house for them

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #2977 on: May 31, 2022, 07:21:36 PM »
Favorite depends on time and place...

Ontario summer beer: Neustadt Sour Kraut Lager
England summer beer: Woodforde Wherry
Local (GTA) everyday beer: Cameron's cream ale or Block 3 King Street Saison
Working in USA beer (Washington state): High Five Hefe.

Not a huge hops guy, which my former American co-workers in Alaska and Washington state could never wrap their heads around but generally the selection was so great you could always find a local to your taste.

Cheers!

"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #2978 on: April 17, 2024, 01:38:08 PM »
can't believe this thread isn't more active. time for an overdue bump.

Portlander here, so definitely spoiled with local brew in the area. ^^ the Bodhi is a fantastic IPA, good looks on that. Lucille from Georgetown also hits nice. was up in Auburn the other weekend and hit this taproom called CRFT and they had Pliny and another seasonal IPA from Russian River on tap, and those were a whole other level of good.

usually my go-to is a local pilsner called Zoiglhaus. crushing a liter of that for 5.50 at their taproom is what I look forward to.

I love all sorts of saisons and farmhouse ales too, not the ones that are too sour though. but Belgians in general, especially tripels. found Saison Dupont on tap at a Beaverton bottle shop a month ago and couldn't not have three. my dad turned me onto saisons through getting Ommegang during the holidays (Hennepin).

fresh hop season is coming up soon and I'm stoked to get to try all the limited stuff around PDX. hoppy lagers are an amazing style.

also have to frequent the German places around here as often as I can. can't get tired of Paulaner hefe, Bitburger, Andechs.

what are we drinkin lately pals?

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #2979 on: April 17, 2024, 03:21:22 PM »
Here is a picture of me and my son at Tom’s River Brewery in Tom’s River NJ sharing an American Pale Ale.

Just look at how he’s reaching for my beer for another sip. A real chip off the old block.

After trying countless beers I know exactly what I like.

Before or during a meal I drink citrus IPA. Doesn’t matter the maker, they all taste about the same. I try to find 5-6% alcohol range so it is not too hoppy—which is why I don’t like IPAs.

After dinner if I don’t have a coffee I like a nice porter. Not too much, 8 oz is enough.

I don’t like porters, lagers or any regular beer. I am over sours and lambics. However, I will get a flight from time to time.

So many good micro breweries everywhere.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2980 on: April 17, 2024, 04:22:30 PM »
I'm not the biggest beer person. I prefer corona extra with a lemon when I do.

I really like mixed drinks. Why I don't drink much. I was a mad dogger 20/20 sometimes four loco at the end.

Never hard lemonade again. But I'd be stoked foron of those grape sodas
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2981 on: April 17, 2024, 06:29:21 PM »
Lol Simpler Times blew my mind how cheap it is, coming from Australia where a cheap 6 pack is $17. 

I'd walk into the house, see my friend, tip a pretend hat, he'd tip his back and we'd crack a Simpler Times. 

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #2982 on: April 17, 2024, 07:37:57 PM »
I’m curious how much yanks are paying for a 12 pack of coors.

When it first launched down here is was $21 Australian, it’s been the go to for the past few years, but it’s jumped up to $40 since the start of the year and I’m not paying that much for American beer

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2983 on: April 17, 2024, 07:51:15 PM »
I’m curious how much yanks are paying for a 12 pack of coors.

When it first launched down here is was $21 Australian, it’s been the go to for the past few years, but it’s jumped up to $40 since the start of the year and I’m not paying that much for American beer

$12.99 for 12 pack of Coors Light. You like Coors over VB?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #2984 on: April 17, 2024, 08:16:48 PM »
I can’t stand VB, maybe over exposure at a young age but Coors, which I think at one point was brewed by Coopers down here is much better.

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #2985 on: April 17, 2024, 08:19:41 PM »
Being sent to rural Newfoundland with work at the end of the week - in the past (haven't been in 9 years) you could get the standard "big" Canadian and US beers (Labbats/Molson/Bud/Coors) plus newfie brewed things like Black Horse, Blue star etc which are the same as any mass produced standards. However in advance of flying out I scanned the provincial liquor store webpage and was really surprised at the amount of island microbreweries listed...so although I'll be offline for 2 weeks hopefully I'll have some new fun finds to share when I get back.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #2986 on: April 18, 2024, 09:22:09 PM »

Before or during a meal I drink citrus IPA. which is why I don’t like IPAs.

I like a nice porter. Not too much,

I don’t like porters,
These statements make no sense.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2987 on: April 18, 2024, 09:44:19 PM »
Expand Quote

Before or during a meal I drink citrus IPA. which is why I don’t like IPAs.

I like a nice porter. Not too much,

I don’t like porters,
[close]
These statements make no sense.

I like hazy IPAs that are not too bitter. I find that above 6% alcohol the beer begins to taste too bitter. I like citrus IPAs the best but not the traditional IPAs.

For instance, I would take Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing over Ballast Point Sculpin.

I meant to type pilsner not porter.

Thanks @brycickle , what beer do you like?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #2988 on: April 19, 2024, 03:47:31 PM »
Been into New Belgium Trippel and Modelo Negra lately. They got them across the street from me at Sprouts. Clutch as fuck. The Trippel is 8.5% alcohol, I believe. It tastes a little sweet and wheaty. You will be faded.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #2989 on: April 21, 2024, 07:05:35 AM »
Lately that Michelob Ultra

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2990 on: April 21, 2024, 07:30:11 PM »
The more that time goes on, the more that I want a beer I can barely taste that's super crisp.  Cass is the ultimate of this vibe, but I wish some local breweries would do less hoppy, crisp lagers, but apparently it's super hard to replicate.