Author Topic: Lazy Pro's  (Read 4470 times)

ChildoftheGhetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Lazy Pro's
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 03:54:27 PM »
The sole reason lazy pros can exist is because of slap.

Flume

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2009, 05:25:13 PM »
alex olson is known to be lazy

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2009, 06:06:12 PM »
For some reason I liked Tom Penny more when he was lazy and didn't put anything out.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

eyesmcgyver

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2009, 06:30:16 PM »
jereme rogers

Killuminated1

• Rep: -38
    • my youboob avatar image
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2009, 07:13:12 PM »
The sole reason lazy pros can exist is because of slap.

that's a pretty good 'un right thurr.

i thought it was funny when stephens said templeton had to get on him about his half ass skating.  honestly, you can talk all the shit you want about style and looks, but you gotta do better than he has been because looking good is just icing on the cake.  i'm not disputing the importance of icing but you still gotta have the fluffy moist goodness to back it up.  TIS happened 6 years ago.  luckily for us it looks like he's coming around.
cake...mmm
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 09:44:25 PM by Killuminated1 »
friendless virgin

cool dude

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2009, 08:16:43 PM »
quality over quantity is definitely a good point however i wouldnt consider pivot fakies with "style" as quality.  guy above me put it well in saying that style is just the icing on the cake.  played and fairly easy tricks with good style are still just that.  Played out and easy.  i guess i get bummed on guys who seem to have a ton of potential to be next level dudes and seem to get lazy.  kerry getz comes to mind.  its like watching the same part for 10 years running.  he just adds another rotation to his kickflips every couple years.  just my w cents.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2009, 08:24:31 PM »

This got me way more stoked to skate than say, Cole in RTS.  Besides, even the laziest pro skates way more and way harder than your average Joe.  Or at least they did at some point, otherwise their name wouldn't be on a board.

so true man, lately id rather watch stuff like this to get me pumped to learn tricks man. i feel like everything in skateboarding has already been done. every video has the same gay feel, so nonetheless idc about dudes who put out a million minutes of footy anymore. and plus some dudes have a harder time getting footage too. some nike article talks about clark hassler having a hrd time landing tricks, but we all know his abilities up there...idk

fuckLAG

• Rep: -10
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2009, 09:09:23 PM »
wait just one minute..... Austin stephens only had a short part in good and evil cause he was hurt. The rest of his shit is legit.
and nobody needs to be like jamie thomas

nah hes just a pussy

gmgscigmgsci

• Rep: -14
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2009, 10:35:31 PM »
Austin Stephens rips!

He is one of those dudes who will try a backside flip over a certain gap a hundred times just till he gets one that is perfect!

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2009, 10:41:24 PM »
Expand Quote

This got me way more stoked to skate than say, Cole in RTS.  Besides, even the laziest pro skates way more and way harder than your average Joe.  Or at least they did at some point, otherwise their name wouldn't be on a board.
[close]

so true man, lately id rather watch stuff like this to get me pumped to learn tricks man. i feel like everything in skateboarding has already been done. every video has the same gay feel, so nonetheless idc about dudes who put out a million minutes of footy anymore. and plus some dudes have a harder time getting footage too. some nike article talks about clark hassler having a hrd time landing tricks, but we all know his abilities up there...idk
It's because they suck and are lazy. If you go skate even 3 times a week with a camera you can get a good amount of footage in a year.

FACE!

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2009, 10:45:50 PM »
daniel castillo

skatefilmer202

• Rep: -9
  • ya
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2009, 11:34:51 PM »
devine calloway

edbrah

• Rep: -2
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2009, 01:16:45 AM »
scott johnstone? i mean, as evident in the final flare, he went on every trip, all over the states and to europe, yet only put out like 10 clips in FF?

dont get me wrong, not hating on him, i have mad respect for him. everything he DOES produce is gold

VolumeBass

• Rep: -71
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2009, 02:50:40 AM »
Jeff Lenoce. ALWAYS the same shit, he is fully milking it. Used to be a fan but I can only take seeing the same trick variations so many times.

youngblood

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2009, 03:30:23 AM »
to be honest the only guy that comes to mind is austin. but its okay i still believe he'll pull out a solid part sometime soon. i loved his old 411 profile, short and sweet.

actually, wait, i'm suprised ed selego's name hasn't popped up.

Vibetekk

• Rep: 10
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2009, 03:31:59 AM »
One of the things that makes skateboarding cool is that "pro" can mean anything and it's entirely up to you want you want to make of it. Do how you want to do it.

If all of a sudden there was rules as to how many video parts you had to put out and what tricks you had to do to be considered a pro level then everything thats individual and good about skateboarding would get killed and things would start to suck really fast.
"They only live to get radical."

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2009, 08:27:54 AM »
Precisely.

Real skaters don't skate.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

spare change

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2009, 08:54:16 AM »
quality>quantity

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2009, 01:06:04 PM »
to the guy that said he feels that everything that could be done in skateboarding has been done...  i've noticed that since i started skating back around 2000 things are progressing slower now than they used to, but...  there is still a lot more to be done.  people will just continue to do techer tricks on bigger shit, but i kind of agree it doesn't happen as rapidly as it used to.  when there's money on the line it happens quicker (example the wallenberg contest).  nyjah huston may have shitty style now but if he's still in the game when he gets older i predict we'll see some (literally) mind blowing shit from him.  it's the little kids who have more talent than most pros that will progress skating as long as they stay in it, whether or not we like to watch them now. 

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2009, 01:14:20 PM »
scott johnstone? i mean, as evident in the final flare, he went on every trip, all over the states and to europe, yet only put out like 10 clips in FF?

dont get me wrong, not hating on him, i have mad respect for him. everything he DOES produce is gold

i thought he retired from pro-status and runs the crailtap website.

has anyone said Brad Staba yet?

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2009, 01:53:24 PM »
to the guy that said he feels that everything that could be done in skateboarding has been done...  i've noticed that since i started skating back around 2000 things are progressing slower now than they used to, but...  there is still a lot more to be done.  people will just continue to do techer tricks on bigger shit, but i kind of agree it doesn't happen as rapidly as it used to.  when there's money on the line it happens quicker (example the wallenberg contest).  nyjah huston may have shitty style now but if he's still in the game when he gets older i predict we'll see some (literally) mind blowing shit from him.  it's the little kids who have more talent than most pros that will progress skating as long as they stay in it, whether or not we like to watch them now. 

Literally mind blowing? Wow, I'd definitely like to see people's heads explode from watching skate footage!

Or... do you just not know what "literally" means?

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2009, 02:47:41 PM »
Evan Hernandez

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2009, 03:20:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Literally mind blowing? Wow, I'd definitely like to see people's heads explode from watching skate footage!

Or... do you just not know what "literally" means?

i just mean things that you see that are hard to fathom.  right now in skateboarding i don't see too many things that i thought were not possible.  when nyjah kickflip back lipped a 15 at the age of 13 i think it was, it was something i really didn't think could be done by someone that young.  another one was louie barletta doing that full loop that was only about as big height wise as he was.  just about anything really is possible, but i think once you start getting to over 25 stairs a skateboard can't handle the impact without breaking (jumping all the way down, ledges and rails are a different story).  like when ali boulala tried to ollie that 25 in sorry...  he made it all the way down but his trucks exploded out of the board. 

13callsBS

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2009, 03:35:28 PM »
Guys, people are getting butthurt over me mentioning Austin Stephens. I'm not saying that he's bad, but there's still a need to put out decent amounts of footy. Think of it this way:

There are 2 cakes on sale. One is chocolate, other is vanilla. Same kind of cake, different flavors.
Both sell for $10.
Turns out, the 1st cake tastes twice as good as the 2nd one, but they only sell you half the cake for the same price. Wouldn't you be pissed and make those cake stealin' muthafuckas give you all the damn cake you pay for?

kosmic hoboe

• Rep: 10
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2009, 03:50:40 PM »
thanks for makin things nice and clear for us^

Nonsense

• Rep: -4
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2009, 05:18:28 PM »
Gator's pretty fucking lazy, dude hasn't had clips in years.

Uncle John

• Rep: -9
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2009, 05:26:23 PM »
Ddue, I wanna see a new Kenny Reed part.

Don't hate on A-Stone, dude has the smooth style.
I have always been here before.

gmgscigmgsci

• Rep: -14
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2009, 05:26:48 PM »
Tony Silva

Awesome skater, but never films.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »
i would say braydon but i know for a fact that dude gets some serious unlucky breaks with injuries.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2009, 07:06:50 PM »

i mean i definitely worded that wrong. i dont know how to explain how i feel about skate videos these days. everything new that drops i watch twice and then dont really care anymore. not that the tricks have all been done but just the feel of a skate video. Like no offense, but i bought proof and watched it maybe twice and then wasnt really into it anymore...but thats just me. Everyones got their own opinions but i just feel like calling a pro lazy because of what parts they drop is dumb. theres pros that possibly kill contests and stuff and maybe thats why theyre pro. Like whoever said castillo is lazy, it could be true but we never know unless we skate with him on a daily, like for a bunch of other dudes. idk suck a fart outta a butt nd call me sallyhansen