Author Topic: nyjahs new board company?  (Read 7325 times)

jrock

Re: nyjahs new board company?
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2009, 08:53:25 PM »
richard's a nice guy, but he's basically a pro at talking people into sponsoring him.  the dude would have a different sponsor every time we saw him.   the best was when he rode for a clothing company called "no wimps".  we had a lot of fun with those stickers.

emilllio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2009, 08:32:24 AM »
Yeah I heard from a few decent sources that Nyjah was a super nice kid but his dad runs his life and is a super dick.. can confirm that Puerto Rico thing as well..

Why anyone would ruin their sons career like that is beyond me.. like does the guy have no concept of how the skate industry works? Element is probably one of if not the best company to make tons of money on if you go pro for them. Whatever though, he'll see.. maybe he'll drop off and then show up and some contest in 6 years doing double flips on everything (Bastien Salabanzi)

four eyes

• Rep: -2
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2009, 10:29:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Richard jefferson really?
[close]

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_p7NYtGyW34Y/SlovSM0HufI/AAAAAAAADdw/pZMSxr5iZo0/s1600-h/15.JPG

Found on Mannys blog. But looks like, yes really. Still not sure who he is?

Worst board graphic ever + pro status at below am status = failure.

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2009, 12:12:19 PM »
I work in Davis and just a month ago I ran into his older brother Abi who was on Element flow when he was on and he told me that his brother, sister and Dad move to Purto Rico and is starting his own thing and so I guess its true and ask him if he skated  and he was all "nahh not anymore" and he was pretty good and they funny thing he's all g'd out now smoking cigarettes and shit it was weird running into him.

I don't know about starting a board company now with the enconmy all fucked and then to put Richard Jefferson? I  thought  he was on some Christian co with Brian Sumner?

That really sucks I remember seeing them both in the little element web clips when they were really little, he probably got tired of his dad treating skateboarding like some sweatshop job. His Dad just takes all their money and he is their ''manager'' and pays himself and I guess won't let Nyjah go on any team trips. Won't let him skate with other dudes apart from like him and his old stoner friends. Pretty whack.