Author Topic: I love Espn  (Read 7621 times)

donnie_murdo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: I love Espn
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2006, 09:33:41 AM »
I hear you gentlemen about the commentators but I'm just as concerned about Colin McKay's over and over and over and over and over attempt at the back tail kickflip revert or whatever he tried over and over and was getting close to landing in the flat.
How does this guy get invited to something like this and why does he participate? Better yet, why does he still have a pro model? It's one thing if the dude was landing it but the commentator even said, 'we watched Colin try this for three hours the other night and he never landed it..."
The X-games are a waste. Colin yo-yo'ing himself up the tranny and back down again over and over is just as much of a waste. Good Grief.

WHAT - check his bio

http://expn.go.com/athletes/bios/MCKAY_COLIN.html
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2006, 03:16:51 PM »
Expand Quote
espn is so xtreme they dont need to get the name of tricks right, because what they say goes.......
[close]

What "ollie north"

Serioulys what the fuck is it supposed to mean ?

"one footed ollie" or "ollie one foot" pretty much can't say the trick any better but "ollie north" i mean fuck off with that shit
I heard "ollie north" before the x-games, but never liked the name. ITs a reference to 1980's Iran contra co-conspirator Oliver North.
The one that pisses me off is the "overcrook" thing that seemed to have spawned from thps. Before that a backside one was called a Gersh grind and frontside ones seemed to be picking up momentum under the name "McCrank grind" where I was from.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

WORDLIFE

• Rep: 0
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2006, 03:27:21 PM »
was anyone there during the vert best trick contest when shaun white was trying the 1080 and he stuck one perfect and didnt roll away, then they went to commercial and people from the x games and the world cup skateboarding thing went on the ramp and wouldnt let him drop in and try it? like standing on the ramp to block his way.  i dont really like shaun white, or consider him a skateboarder but when ANYBODYS trying a trick that hard and is that focused you dont just get in their way and make them stop trying, thats really fucked up. he got hurt like 5 minutes later when they came back from commercial.  espn is lame as fuck man, soooo fucking terrible.

Lakai or die

• Rep: -1
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2006, 03:31:57 PM »
was anyone there during the vert best trick contest when shaun white was trying the 1080 and he stuck one perfect and didnt roll away, then they went to commercial and people from the x games and the world cup skateboarding thing went on the ramp and wouldnt let him drop in and try it? like standing on the ramp to block his way.  i dont really like shaun white, or consider him a skateboarder but when ANYBODYS trying a trick that hard and is that focused you dont just get in their way and make them stop trying, thats really fucked up. he got hurt like 5 minutes later when they came back from commercial.  espn is lame as fuck man, soooo fucking terrible.

That is so fucking weak.

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2006, 03:34:09 PM »
The funniest part is that they say he was unknown the same year he got SOTY for, IE the year New blood was released and he destroyed o couple of contests like at the DC plaza... I mean seriously, don't they know anything anout anything?
You can't take anything that ESPN says regarding skateboarding seriously.  All that stuff they talk about and announce are aimed for those who have absolutely no clue about skateboarding and the professionals that are out there.  I bet if you asked any of the ESPN dudes what they think about Guy Mariano you'll just get a blank stare in return.  I you want info on football, basketball, etc. watch ESPN's SportCenter.  If you wanna know which pro is riding for what company or who did what down El Toro... read the Slap Messageboards.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2006, 03:36:15 PM »
after watching the "commercial free best trick vert skate jam featuring shawn white and the 1080" i mysteriously want to buy a saturn automobile

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2006, 03:40:15 PM »
Why not just hire skateboarders to commentate on skateboarding. Why is that so hard?
Picture how much better it would be if they had Clyde Singleton doing the commentary with Tim O'Connor.  Andy Mac would be hating life if Clyde was commenting on his vert run.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2006, 03:43:33 PM »

I heard that too. Awful, just awful. I'm not a fan of Shaun White's necessarily, but I don't wish him any ill will, and this display is disgusting. Just fucking tape it and put a 5 minute delay on broadcasting
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

hesh_trash

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2006, 03:48:25 PM »
Better yet, why does he still have a pro model?
He co-owns the company?

the iron monkey

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2006, 04:27:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He co-owns the company?

he was and possibly still is one of the best vert skaters ever?

dalycitymassive

• Rep: -2
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2006, 04:33:06 PM »
isn't there a motocross dude or a bmx dude named colin mackay

Edward Penishands

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2006, 04:34:11 PM »
isn't there a motocross dude or a bmx dude named colin mackay

there is a pro wakeboarder named PJ ladd

Penis_Monster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2006, 04:43:35 PM »

jesus christ thats fucking lame
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 04:46:37 PM by Penis_Monster »
"I FEAR NO MAN"

sizable

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2006, 06:22:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
He co-owns the company?
[close]

he was and possibly still is one of the best vert skaters ever?

OK, owning the company is one way around it. I'll give you that.

One of the best vert skaters ever? Possibly still is?
Dude, you've lost your mind. I know he went throgh an injury but I couldn't even fill up a shoebox with the footage that guy has put together in the last seven years. He was horrible on street and he's laughable on vert.  It's nothing personal but if it takes you 2 months to land a trick you're trying on vert and then you can never land it again...you most definitely shouldn't enter a contest and you should definitely not have your own pro model.
I bet the numbers tell the real story. If that guy sells more than 50 decks a month, I'll eat a size 12 DC shoe.

AUTOLUX

• Rep: -1
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2006, 06:46:38 PM »
hey,ill agree with you on the footage
i wish he had more
his approach to vert skating is amazing
and yes he is one of the best,in my eyes #1

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2006, 09:27:23 PM »
Expand Quote
I hear you gentlemen about the commentators but I'm just as concerned about Colin McKay's over and over and over and over and over attempt at the back tail kickflip revert or whatever he tried over and over and was getting close to landing in the flat.
How does this guy get invited to something like this and why does he participate? Better yet, why does he still have a pro model? It's one thing if the dude was landing it but the commentator even said, 'we watched Colin try this for three hours the other night and he never landed it..."
The X-games are a waste. Colin yo-yo'ing himself up the tranny and back down again over and over is just as much of a waste. Good Grief.
[close]

WHAT - check his bio

if you can't even figure out what trick he's trying...how can you even question him having a board out....i'd rather watch colin try stuff than bucky land stuff...

magnet

• Rep: 2
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2006, 10:28:17 PM »
Trying to watch the X-Games for any semblance of actual skateboarding is like trying to watch a violent gangster movie on basic cable.  Now the world series of Darts/Dominoes on the other hand...is a different story.

sizable

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2006, 12:16:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

WHAT - check his bio

[close]

if you can't even figure out what trick he's trying...how can you even question him having a board out....i'd rather watch colin try stuff than bucky land stuff...

It was a back tail kickflip revert like I mentioned. The whatever came as a punctuation of how I felt about the trick and how on the few attempts where he got his feet near the baord, he was 2 feet into the transition near the flat. Whatever. And the fact that watching him attempt it over and over and over and not getting close to landing it was like watching a NASCAR race where cars just go around and around and around and around and around.
Bucky vs. Colin? 6 of one, half dozen of the other...they're both jocks that skate vert...one just actually wins contests sometimes and one hasn't placed in a contest since 2000 or whatever. Whatever.
I'm not going to debate about vert skaters because I don't really give a shit about it. I will gladly debate about pros who have pro models who don't deserve them though. Colin McKay is the first pro that comes to mind. Simple as that.

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2006, 09:24:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
espn is so xtreme they dont need to get the name of tricks right, because what they say goes.......
[close]

What "ollie north"

Serioulys what the fuck is it supposed to mean ?

"one footed ollie" or "ollie one foot" pretty much can't say the trick any better but "ollie north" i mean fuck off with that shit
[close]
I heard "ollie north" before the x-games, but never liked the name. ITs a reference to 1980's Iran contra co-conspirator Oliver North.
The one that pisses me off is the "overcrook" thing that seemed to have spawned from thps. Before that a backside one was called a Gersh grind and frontside ones seemed to be picking up momentum under the name "McCrank grind" where I was from.

"mccrank grind" and "gersh grind"?

what fucking planet is your broke ass from? 

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2006, 09:27:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

WHAT - check his bio

[close]

[close]

It was a back tail kickflip revert like I mentioned. The whatever came as a punctuation of how I felt about the trick and how on the few attempts where he got his feet near the baord, he was 2 feet into the transition near the flat. Whatever. And the fact that watching him attempt it over and over and over and not getting close to landing it was like watching a NASCAR race where cars just go around and around and around and around and around.
Bucky vs. Colin? 6 of one, half dozen of the other...they're both jocks that skate vert...one just actually wins contests sometimes and one hasn't placed in a contest since 2000 or whatever. Whatever.
I'm not going to debate about vert skaters because I don't really give a shit about it. I will gladly debate about pros who have pro models who don't deserve them though. Colin McKay is the first pro that comes to mind. Simple as that.

just stop posting, you're annoying

sizable

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2006, 09:51:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

WHAT - check his bio

[close]

[close]

[close]

Awesome! Another DC/Syndrome head up in this piece!
Your opinions are outdated and no longer hold any significance in skating so you can leave now, thanks.

sizable

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2006, 09:58:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

WHAT - check his bio

[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh shit, it's you. Don't you have some tears to cry over Kerry Getz or something? I'm glad your shitty little bumpkin spot got shut down. Maybe it has something to do with karma...you know, the fact that you're a little bitch?

hairyarmpit

• Rep: 0
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2006, 12:23:57 AM »
sizeable your a faggot , colin is dope