Author Topic: Skateboarding so Gay Right Now  (Read 11707 times)

Perfection

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 59
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skateboarding so Gay Right Now
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2009, 11:23:20 PM »
TapLuxiferfet reminds me of the kal-bot-account that only responds to keywords.
          o_O

℗The P҉̵̞̟̠̖̗ E҉̵ R҉̵ F҉̵ E҉̵ C҉̵ T҉̵ I҉̵ O҉̵ N҉̵̞̟̠̖̗  Forum

Dying Sea

• Rep: 0
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2009, 11:31:07 PM »
FUCK that.  The only reason he showed up to that is to try and  win money.  "It's skateboarding it's not that serious"  hahah.  If it wasn't that serious then there wouldn't be enough advertising money in it to offer such big prizes.

Olson was being all Hollywood and showing up late and he got what he deserved.  Lesson learned maybe?

My name is Ari Penis-Gold and my penis is also in my mouth.

• Rep: -3658
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2009, 12:46:34 AM »
alva would show up late....but..ahhh...yeah.....see contest jjudging thread.....

jrf

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2009, 01:46:16 AM »
good read, thanks for that chris.

lurk daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -464
  • put the FU back in fun
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2009, 02:11:16 AM »
Expand Quote
my cheekbones are tiny and insignificant. san diego is so cool
[close]
any asshole sd with common sense knows the city of sd shits on nyc as a whole

cheekbones are tiny and insignificant? thats the most unfunnyest shit ive ever heard
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:14:23 AM by lurk daddy »
IF YOU HAVE SEX ONCE, YOU GET HERPES. IF YOU DO COKE ONCE, YOU DIE AND LOSE YOUR JOB.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2009, 08:20:28 AM »
that part where the guy is stating the rules to chris is fucking like a parallel dimension. dude was all old and leathery and he was telling skaters what to do. in my experience, these were the people we used to tell to fuck off when they said shit like this. and they're still saying the same shit too!!!

man, the article was excellent, but the vid pissed me right the fuck off. that leather faced freak still can't see that rules aren't the last word in skating. did you see how shocked he was that chris didn't just accept the whole, "that's just how it is" argument. i hate shit like that. i mean, for that matter, if i rock you in the fucking face, then that's how it is now right, bitch?

fucking idiots.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

alienlurkshop

• Rep: -32
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2009, 10:01:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
my cheekbones are tiny and insignificant. san diego is so cool
[close]
[close]
sd shits on nyc as a whole

best

Dying Sea

• Rep: 0
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2009, 10:18:38 AM »
that part where the guy is stating the rules to chris is fucking like a parallel dimension. dude was all old and leathery and he was telling skaters what to do. in my experience, these were the people we used to tell to fuck off when they said shit like this. and they're still saying the same shit too!!!

fucking idiots.

k
If skateboarding/skateboarders were so punk rock then they wouldn't show up to some wack ass bullshit like the X-games?  Everybody used to think it was gay now they are all showing up.  Because they WANT MONEY.  That's the only reason. 

If I was that leathery old guy I would have just told him to piss off and get his fucking camera out of my face and stop whining like a baby.

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2009, 10:49:13 AM »
I know a gay dude who ollied a 20 stair. Swear.

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2009, 10:53:12 AM »
I figured there'd be a thread in here about Nieratko's gripe about ALex Olson.

Hey Nieratko, I wrote this in the Vice forum, and I'm writing this here. As long as you and any other skater and/or industry flunky is willing to take those assholes' money, and fall all over each other to participate in their "spectacles," they get to tell you exactly when, what, and where skateboarding is. Plain and simple.

That lady with the fat arms telling any skater that they can not skate, is the most lucid manifestation one could ask for, to illustrate how fucked it is to have so many outside influences controlling and influencing skating these days.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 11:17:26 AM by alittleethnicsong »

clarkie

• Rep: 23
    • Real Skate avatar image
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2009, 06:02:03 PM »
I'm surprised Chris doesn't get that the X-Games is not a real competition. None of the televised shows are. I thought by know everybody knows it is nothing more than a television program, not a competition that happens to be televised. It's owned by Walt Disney Productions if that tells you anything.

Don and Danielle are good people. They basically took over Frank Hawk's self appointment as competition promotor after he died. When the skateboarding exploiters came around who better to hire than the World Cup folks. They are not a non-profit, they don't claim to offer any leadership that I know of. (Although they could drop the Gary Ream connection and I would be just fine). They are HIRED by the network to provide skaters and judges. It's the networks who make the calls.

The woman in the clip (who is not Danielle) tried to explain that the TV show was live. When I thought about that, it made sense that if Alex had been thrown in out of his turn, the name on the board and screen would be someone else's.

Don and Danielle are making a living on what they do, what they hire themselves out to do. Chris, weren't you hired to be there?

My advice to any pro complaining about the TV "skateboarding competition" shows just don't go and end the frustrating exploitation everyone is feeling. They are the ones being gay right now. And by the way, I RESENT(MBLE) those "old and leathery" remarks! ;)

CNieratko

• Rep: 257
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2009, 06:49:33 PM »
I was, indeed, hired.
Because like most, i need the money.
Owning a skateshop is not exactly the smartest way to make a living
or support a family.
But it is fun.
ANd i understand the X-games are b.s.
i mean, Big Brother came up with the FUCK THOSE DUDES anti-party.
i'm not trying to paint the X-games in any light other than they are.
My problem is with people like World Cup who have the ear of X-Games,
who get to "speak for skateboarding."

After posting the piece i got a ton of amazing industry feedback.
one of the most amazing was an email that said,
"Two times at maloof this year... During the jams... Lizard, who was murdering it all weekend, was going for a last trick at the buzzer, down rincon, and bostock blew the airhorn on him mid air... Scaring the shit out of him... Not once, but twice. Even after people complained the first time.

Secondly.

During X Games 06, while Shaun White was trying the 1080... ESPN or whoever had to go to commercial. Now this was a half hour long best trick jam. He was trying the whole time, getting closer and closer and closer. They were letting him try a few more. But NOT BEFORE A COMMERCIAL happened. So Don, and a few other security guards, posted up on the flat bottom so Shaun couldn’t drop in. And you see Shaun up there... Like trying to stay loose, jogging in place, stretching, trying kickflips... Anything to stay loose, ya know? For like 10 min whil bostick stands on the flat holding his hand up “STOP... DON’T GO” style...

Eventually the commercial was over, Don and the other SS left the ramp and Shaun got like two more tries... Obviously stiff and came nowhere near landing it.

Not that im an advocate for shaun... But im an advocate for the progression of skateboarding... And its a strong possibility that Shaun would have landed the 1080 that night if it werent for the commercial break..."

Look, i don't believe Alex was going to win the whole shit but so what?
and i really enjoyed watching all the guys that skated without pads destroy the park contest.
But, fuck. The kid was there. He WANTED to skate.
it wouldn't have been hard to put him in a later heat.
Regardless of being live and having to change TV graphics.
It happens all the time on Live TV.
I'm pretty sure when OJ was in the bronco, the graphics kept updating.

As for whoever posted that the fat chick had the right to tell me anything, you're tripping.
i, like most people, on this board believe NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME SHIT.
and thats why i like these message boards.
The opinions expressed here might not be right, i might not agree with things
and you might not agree with me and you have the right to call bullshit.
All points are valid.
and if not valid, at least good for a laugh.

i wasn't trying to change anyone's perception of anything with the videos and post.
it wasn't meant to be that deep. i'm not that smart of a guy.
I just like skateboarding. and i wanted to see olson and Busenitz skate.
and i didnt get to see either.
Because of horseshit reasons.
And i felt cheated.
Little Timmy watching on TV probably wouldn't know either of those names.
and that's fine. But i wanted to see those 2 guys skate.
So when Don Ho says i can't because one of them was tardy, i get a real bug up my ass.
c

DARIA

• Rep: -60
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2009, 07:04:44 PM »
wah wah wah my favorite skater was denied to skate at a lame skateboarding contest where he wouldnt have won anywayyyyyyyyy WAHHHH

hate life

WAHH

lurk daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -464
  • put the FU back in fun
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2009, 07:09:45 PM »
wah wah wah my favorite skater was denied to skate at a lame skateboarding contest where he wouldnt have won anywayyyyyyyyy WAHHHH

hate life

WAHH
golden
IF YOU HAVE SEX ONCE, YOU GET HERPES. IF YOU DO COKE ONCE, YOU DIE AND LOSE YOUR JOB.

CNieratko

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2009, 07:27:54 PM »

hate life

WAHH

Hell Yeah, Diarrhea. That's what I'm talking about.
Well played.

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2009, 04:59:25 AM »
Nieratko, I--for the most part--think that you and I are on the same page about most things. Over my nearly thirty years of traveling and skating, I have had the honor and privilege to have relationships with a number of different shops (and families) throughout our country (and several here in the Detroit area). Shops are the thread that bind our fabric as a collective community--in my eyes, nearly indispensable in fact. "Scenes" radiate outward from them. I know you are concerned with the future of the world that most of us in here, have dedicated ourselves to. This is according to what I have heard you say and write over the past few years--a past few years that seem like a bit of a watershed in skating, because generational transitions have ushered in some of the most acutely deplorable and unapologetic "selling out" that our world has seen to date. Sheckler, and any and all of his decisions and actions is the nadir of the world of skateboarding's relationship to western consumer culture--the gap has been bridged, and we really have no right to say that we are any different than any other commodified, packaged, and salable consumer product.

Although Sheckler is not necessarily unique in his utter and total acquiescence to all of the media and consumer shit, he is indeed the "extreme" (the nadir) and the other end of the scale. He has lowered the bar to about a third of an inch off of the shit-smeared floor. And if nothing else, he is a glaring illumination of the fact, that many of us skaters approaching the thirty year mark--although we still to this day skate almost every day--have absolutely nothing in common with the newer generations, when it comes to social and cultural perspectives, and the ways in which we measure the value and relevance of skateboarding.

Nevertheless, and to get back to your comment about me "tripping," with my assertion that the women with the fat arms had every right to  tell you who, what, when and where skateboarding was during that "spectacle"...well, indeed she did my friend...and lamentably so. She--that fatuous, ambitious, "go-getting," aspiring, banal, nameless, faceless, random, media flunky--not only had every right to say that our first second-generation pro could not, and would not skate, but indeed, stopped him from skating. End of story. You take their money...and...yes...well...and so it goes.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 05:02:54 AM by alittleethnicsong »

CNieratko

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2009, 09:16:52 AM »
I hear you but i have to disagree.
I once paid a prostitute $300 and she still refused to let me piss in her mouth.

(sidenote: stoked your Pistons are bringing Ben Wallace back. Should have never let him go in the first place.)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2009, 01:00:58 PM »
^That just means her heart wasn't in her work.
Expand Quote

hate life

WAHH
[close]

Hell Yeah, Diarrhea. That's what I'm talking about.
Well played.
That's what beavis and butt-head called Daria too.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

datsnare

• Rep: -7
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2009, 02:01:18 PM »
does anybody know if robin fleming skates??????????? :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Jesse Alan

• Rep: -3
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2009, 08:30:37 PM »
I think it's gay when people, who I assume, are paid to write can't come up with a better word than gay.

Uncle John

• Rep: -9
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2009, 09:19:34 PM »
Not sure if anyone else made mention of this
but Sunday at the X-Park Contest Alex Olson was told he couldn't skate
because he was 10 minutes late.
Gay.
Bummed me out.
I really like watching that dude skate.

Here's the video and rant about it:
http://vice.typepad.com/vice_magazine/2009/08/new-york-skateboarding-is-so-gay-right-now.html

You're gay, I like skateboarding.
I have always been here before.

riding bitches

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »
holy shit that american apparel ad for the high waist hot short with the girl spreading her legs in the car is the hottest ad i have ever seen.  the girls tits look so good and she is really hot.  i don't understand how anyone can read the article with that ad.

edit: having a vice magazing blog is pretty gay if you ask me.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 11:55:45 PM by riding bitches »

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2009, 06:46:03 AM »
Nieratko, of course you are going to disagree, because you have to live with yourself and all of your self-delusions about what an iconoclastic and "core" voice you are in our maelstrom of increasingly whored-out debasement, but what exactly about my assertion can you deny? I will break it down to a basic syllogistic structure for you old sport.

Premise 1: Lady with fat arms tells Alex Olson he cannot skate at deplorable-media-extreme-jackoffathon.

Premise 2: Alex Olson (despite Nieratko's futile and pitiful whimpering) is prohibited from skating at said "spectacle."

Concluson: Lady with fat arms has ultimate power over Alex Olson, Nieartko, and skateboarding, at least for that event (but at least Nieartko and Olson can get some money).

janes addiction sucks

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2009, 10:08:11 AM »
Chris did you ever tell Julien that Cairo Foster tried to get on Anti-Hero
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 10:54:05 AM by janes addiction sucks »

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2009, 02:24:32 PM »
I'm surprised this question hasn't come up:

DOES NIERATKO EVEN SKATE, OR IS HE JUST A PRO HOE TOO?

Let's see some evidence...

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2009, 08:05:18 PM »
I'm surprised this question hasn't come up:

DOES NIERATKO EVEN SKATE, OR IS HE JUST A PRO HOE TOO?

Let's see some evidence...
In all fairness, Nieratko's articles in magazines seldomly have anything to do with anything besides himself.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2009, 07:54:02 AM »
Nieratko, of course you are going to disagree, because you have to live with yourself and all of your self-delusions about what an iconoclastic and "core" voice you are in our maelstrom of increasingly whored-out debasement, but what exactly about my assertion can you deny? I will break it down to a basic syllogistic structure for you old sport.

Premise 1: Lady with fat arms tells Alex Olson he cannot skate at deplorable-media-extreme-jackoffathon.

Premise 2: Alex Olson (despite Nieratko's futile and pitiful whimpering) is prohibited from skating at said "spectacle."

Concluson: Lady with fat arms has ultimate power over Alex Olson, Nieartko, and skateboarding, at least for that event (but at least Nieartko and Olson can get some money).

dude, for christs sake, stop repeating yourself. we got your point and no one needs a fucking pie chart. we just don't agree and your vag is weeping cause we don't acknowledge your fucked up logic as fact.

the bottom line is, regardless of what your limited scope of vision shows you, the only reason that her rules worked is because alex/dennis didn't just show up and start skating like rebels. if that would've happened, your fat lady power theory is out the window and we move on to the security guards having power... until shit gets physical and then it's survival of the fittest (basic third grade science).

plus, you know that "no late entry" shit was lame anyways, you're just trying to hijack this shit and make a point of your own. we get it. now fuck off (or don't).

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2009, 01:51:13 PM »
you know skateboarding is not really that gay right now, its pretty homophobic if you ask me

TapLuxiferfet

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2009, 03:58:44 PM »
The more the merry-er. I am all for homophobia. If it wasn't for homophobics, gays would get the short end of the stick. 

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2009, 04:03:28 PM »
The more the merry-er. I am all for homophobia. If it wasn't for homophobics, gays would get the short end of the stick.