Author Topic: Pros Paying Their Dues  (Read 4045 times)

WOOT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: Pros Paying Their Dues
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2009, 07:56:31 AM »
Mike Anderson needs pro status soon. As well as Tyler Bledsoe.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2009, 08:05:32 AM »
you must be crazy, switch bs nosegrind bs 180 out is fuckin sick, that whole bonus round part is the realest. sorry he doesn't have buttery ass yo flips or whatever, but that dude has some serious underlooked skill.

i haven't gotten sick of watching it yet, great part

Pug Life

• Rep: 22
  • Steady puggin'
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2009, 10:32:39 AM »

I heard that Hassler is next in line for pro status on Enjoi. About time.

Hell yes. Also, Nestor should be pro for his hair style alone. That shit is beautiful.

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2009, 10:58:28 AM »
today there's such little difference in skill level between sponsored ams and full pros that whether or not somebody turns pro just comes down to two scenarios: if somebody is hot at the time and the company can capitalize on that buzz, or if somebody has "paid their dues" for a long time and created a more time-based demand for their board. i don't think one way really makes for a longer-term pro or more legit pro, it's just different ways for it to happen- you might think the "paying dues" route makes for a more legit pro, but somebody like pat duffy came out of nowhere to turn pro off one video part and is still at it almost 20 years later, and then somebody like drake jones paid dues forever and then once he turned pro was done in like a year. so for somebody like mike mo who kinda came out of nowhere and turned pro pretty fast and then somebody like rojo who paid dues for a long time to do it, who knows, we'll see who's doing what in a decade or two...

jon choi moved to portland and isn't really trying to be in the sponsorship game, and jon nguyen has been getting toy machine flow for awhile now. both of them are in credible, that part is definitely one of my favs in the bonus round. however, nestor is one of my all-time favorites in any situation.

PhillyMetrospective1995

• Rep: 14
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2009, 12:27:26 PM »
"Brock and Nestor Judkins when they eventually do go pro will have definitely paid their dues."

Nestor is incredible. I was so impressed by his Tiltmode part.

Nick Mclouth -- Stereo, get your act together and get this dude on the team. Nick rips.

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2009, 12:36:44 PM »
Expand Quote
mike mo, malto, olsen turned pro quick for girl, even though they skate as good as most pros and could sell boards just like that, but girl should of milk them as Am for a bit longer...
[close]

I think you might have a mental retardation problem.

those kids are better than 90% of pro's and twice as popular. It would be a dumb move not to give them boards.

PhillyMetrospective1995

• Rep: 14
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2009, 12:48:28 PM »
Malto and Mike Mo Capaldi are skating on another level. Vince Capaldi was also very talented. Tyler Bledsoe is incredible. Grant Taylor reminds me a little of Van Wastell when Van was younger -- a great street skater who can tear up any transition park -- and not one to skate switch too often! He deserved his model.

raul

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2009, 01:32:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Oh i fell asleep during his first 4 tricks, so i didn't get a chance to see that.
[close]

guess what?

well since you haven't answered by now, i was just going to say, "nestor's better than you."

odp

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2009, 02:37:30 PM »
a current man am is leaving the company he's been on forever to skate/turn pro for world industries
one hint; it's anthony shetler

is this a joke? Anthony's been ripping se MA for at least a fucking decade now and he's being forced to go to World? WTF, that just bummed me the fuck out.

Anti Krooked

• Rep: -75
  • sellout
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2009, 02:50:52 PM »
Nestron rips, if anyone is gonna be full on a team its Alex Schmict and Rob Strasser

Man, we can totally eat that pig.  that pig can be in us right now.

east is in the house

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2009, 07:30:10 PM »
man, the slap boards are really slipping. nestor judkins has been officially on enjoi since 2007, and pete eldridge had boards out atleast five or six years ago.

oh yeah, and anthony shetler is the most boring dude ever. I honestly think his only fans are from new england..which is cool you guys back your local dudes, but shetler is just terrible.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2009, 10:03:31 PM »
man, the slap boards are really slipping. nestor judkins has been officially on enjoi since 2007, and pete eldridge had boards out atleast five or six years ago.

oh yeah, and anthony shetler is the most boring dude ever. I honestly think his only fans are from new england..which is cool you guys back your local dudes, but shetler is just terrible.
he was on city
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

hesh life

• Rep: 3
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2009, 10:46:08 PM »
does anyone know what company jon nguyen rides for now? last summer i saw him skating on a tour with toy machine

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2009, 10:53:41 PM »
"Brock and Nestor Judkins when they eventually do go pro will have definitely paid their dues."

Nestor is incredible. I was so impressed by his Tiltmode part.

Nick Mclouth -- Stereo, get your act together and get this dude on the team. Nick rips.

This.
and his Berrics Recruits part comes out next week. Psyched to see it.

PFIASB

• Rep: -55
  • Formerly Elmo!
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2009, 11:47:57 PM »
the only reason nestor isnt pro is because hes not marketable.
who wants a board that says NESTOR JUDKINS on it?
not hatin on the dude, hes good, but thats an ugly name

Boston.

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2009, 01:57:36 AM »
someone's world graphic is coming out soon

Pug Life

• Rep: 22
  • Steady puggin'
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2009, 06:15:02 AM »
Speaking of...

Thoughts?  Personally, I would have went with Watkins.

Gold Toof

• Rep: 2
  • Gold Tooth, nothing but the truth.
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2009, 06:43:37 AM »
mike mo, malto, olsen turned pro quick for girl, even though they skate as good as most pros and could sell boards just like that, but girl should of milk them as Am for a bit longer...

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2009, 06:48:21 AM »
Speaking of...

W.
T.
F.
?????????????

did they even watch their own video?? watkins ripped that vid a new face and they didn't turn him pro?? and this fucking knee knocker gets a board? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

lucero. blowin' it.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

east is in the house

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2009, 08:00:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
he was on city

right, I forgot about that. so the only time pete has not had a board out with his name on it was his hiatus between city and mystery, and even then he consistantly put out coverage.

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2009, 10:04:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Speaking of...

[close]

W.
T.
F.
?????????????

did they even watch their own video?? watkins ripped that vid a new face and they didn't turn him pro?? and this fucking knee knocker gets a board? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

lucero. blowin' it.

k

Watkins should have been pro after Back in Black.

raul

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2009, 10:44:03 AM »
the only reason nestor isnt pro is because hes not marketable.
who wants a board that says NESTOR JUDKINS on it?
not hatin on the dude, hes good, but thats an ugly name

i hope you wear your helmet when you go out.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Speaking of...

[close]

W.
T.
F.
?????????????

lucero. blowin' it.

k
[close]

Watkins should have been pro after Back in Black.

chris troy's been on for a long time, been fully am for about three years & put out two good parts & has a butt-ton of coverage. i think he's a safe bet to go pro. i love watkins' creativity, and was hoping he'd go pro the same time as troy. how long has he been am for label? i couldn't find out.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2009, 01:22:03 PM »
jon choi moved to portland and isn't really trying to be in the sponsorship game, and jon nguyen has been getting toy machine flow for awhile now. both of them are in credible, that part is definitely one of my favs in the bonus round. however, nestor is one of my all-time favorites in any situation.

That sucks. I always liked Jon Choi. The "johns" part in tiltmode is one of, if not the best part of the bonus round video. It seems like enjoi makes their flow dudes pay major dues just to get on the am team. Krooked too.

Hey, and speaking of ams paying dues, how about Damian Bravo? Dude has been am for real since like '99 or something. Decade strong am. Dude needs to either go pro or get a different job soon.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2009, 01:30:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That sucks. I always liked Jon Choi. The "johns" part in tiltmode is one of, if not the best part of the bonus round video. It seems like enjoi makes their flow dudes pay major dues just to get on the am team. Krooked too.

Hey, and speaking of ams paying dues, how about Damian Bravo? Dude has been am for real since like '99 or something. Decade strong am. Dude needs to either go pro or get a different job soon.

I was thinking about Bravo too, he seemed to go through a period of having little to no coverage in the last few years but he's been showing up in the webclips Real has and stuff, he's definitely underrated I hope has some good shit in the Real video.