Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 126576 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #1140 on: October 30, 2022, 09:05:01 PM »
Fortunately haven’t read the books so don’t have to worry about that shitting on enjoying these shows. Kind of feel like people who like reading books like it way better than watching shows.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1141 on: October 30, 2022, 09:18:48 PM »
Fortunately haven’t read the books so don’t have to worry about that shitting on enjoying these shows. Kind of feel like people who like reading books like it way better than watching shows.
I think it's the case with everything tho. This time tho I just happen to be someone who read the books lol. The shows good, Really good until the last season where they kinda fell a part (but that's not saying anything new) the "problem" is it's soooo different. Like not just a few characters like the entire point of the story basically isn't even in the show. It's kind of a miracle they made a show at all because George RR Martin's whole thing was he wanted to create something that pretty much couldn't be adapted to tv or movie

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1142 on: October 31, 2022, 06:35:02 AM »
How did he write it so that couldn’t happen?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1143 on: October 31, 2022, 07:04:26 AM »
How did he write it so that couldn’t happen?
You would need a cast of hundreds of actors, thousands of hours run time, and billions just in CGI then all the costumes, sets, stunts etc.
Like in the show every now and then someone will briefly talk about religion or an event in history but it's mostly meaningless/just Easter eggy but in the book it's just as important as the "main" story. Basically it's just huge in scale and also super intricate with all the details. The families/politics that are the whole point of the show are just one layer of the onion

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1144 on: October 31, 2022, 09:42:21 AM »
Plugging away at house of dragon, on episode 5-6, I actually like how things are playing out politically, pacing is good.   Only complaint is the 10yr skip in age, my guess is to highlight how they live in peaceful times

steezenking

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1145 on: November 01, 2022, 06:26:46 AM »
I've successfully convinced my GF to watch game of thrones. She is liking it through the first 15 episodes but I'm wondering if I have made a mistake. Would you recommend the show to people? Like a "its not the destination, its the journey" type thing.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1146 on: November 01, 2022, 07:24:52 AM »
I've successfully convinced my GF to watch game of thrones. She is liking it through the first 15 episodes but I'm wondering if I have made a mistake. Would you recommend the show to people? Like a "its not the destination, its the journey" type thing.
The first couple years it was out I'd only recommend it to like my dad and cousins and nerdier types of people. If I was on a worksite or at skatepark whatever and someone asked if I watched whatever and I said no i watched game of Thrones either they're straight up be fuck that shit or have no idea what it was and when I explained they'd then be like fuck that shit.
But then by season 4 it was the most popular show on the planet so it must be able to work for regular people they just needed a bit of a nudge. I'd say of you're already 15 eps in you must like it enough to at least sit thru it. There's no rule you have to watch it all you can just stop when you get over it.