Author Topic: Breaking in Indys  (Read 6984 times)

lincoln

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Breaking in Indys
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 01:10:16 PM »
when you set-up new indys, tighten them a little (half a round MAX) and on first session try to turn with them as much as possible.
Then leave your complete still for a night and skate it the next day and by then you should be fine.
worked me everytime on stage 9's. havent tried stage 10's, been riding Aces

rhythm

• Rep: -1
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2009, 10:36:05 AM »
I always take the baseplate washer off and ride the stock indy bushings w/the nut flush w/the top of the bolt.  brand new indy bushing harden up overnight after you've ridden them for the first time.  pretty much any time after that you can tighten them up.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 03:43:02 PM »
The secret is that you have to throw them in the ocean and dive them up a month later. They're perfect then.

or was it that you just have to skate them. can't remember
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 04:00:20 PM »
my indie bushings are cracked and squeaky.  i thought i should replace them so i bought bones medium bushings and they don't fit.  i honestly can't even get the bolt on, they're too big.

i just ended up sticking with my cracked indie bushings.  is there some reason you shouldn't ride them if they're cracked and fucked up?   
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 05:04:37 PM »
my indie bushings are cracked and squeaky.  i thought i should replace them so i bought bones medium bushings and they don't fit.  i honestly can't even get the bolt on, they're too big.

i just ended up sticking with my cracked indie bushings.  is there some reason you shouldn't ride them if they're cracked and fucked up?   

how do they not fit? take off the bottom washer.

lookstoops

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2009, 07:54:16 PM »
The secret is that you have to throw them in the ocean and dive them up a month later. They're perfect then.

this is genius

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2009, 08:31:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

how do they not fit? take off the bottom washer.

ah christ
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."