3 (6.4%)
Ecstasy
8 (17%)
Tylenol
9 (19.1%)
Xanax/Other
19 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: What kind of pills are you popping?  (Read 5115 times)

sweets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: What kind of pills are you popping?
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2009, 08:54:58 AM »
I've had some major overhauling of my grill lately so pain meds and was recently diagnosed with arthritis so more pain meds and an anti-inflammatory.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2009, 09:17:02 AM »
Expand Quote

The nice thing is, having a history of being prescribed that shit, as well as other pills, gave me an in on getting medical for "anxiety/depression."
Now weed does it all for me, elminates the anxiety attacks, and gets me legally stoned.
[close]

You can get prescribed weed for anxiety?!!

yup, in ca, co, or, and a few other states i think. I did it for bone pain and inflammation.
and fuck all pills, forever.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2009, 09:50:32 AM »
Expand Quote
I had a ruptured disc
[close]
How'd you resolve the disc? Surgery? Did you ever go through facet injections?
I never really resolved it, I just manage it. Back surgery's the riskiest shit, and just swelling can incapacitate you. Never going there. I did a shit ton of some steroid & whatever else shots, but nothing ever worked. I spent about two years finding a med (and dosage) that would let me be functional but not fuck me up or be addictive (even though I'll be taking them forever).
My disc was between the 2nd and 3rd lumbar. Along with the meds I did physical therapy for a couple of years to strengthen the muscles in that area of my back. The pain is chronic, but you don't really think about it after a while. If I hadn't found the right pill and done the therapy, I'd never leave my house. I'm fortunate enough to still be able to go out and get hurt skating. If I do multiple days in a row I might need two or three days off board to get the pain down a bit.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2009, 10:59:19 AM »
If I do multiple days in a row I might need two or three days off board to get the pain down a bit.

That's about where I'm at. I can stand skating twice, maybe three days a week but it's pretty painful. My problem is I also run a school garden and have an old house I'm restoring so basically everything I enjoy doing aggravates it.

Hopefully the facet injections work and they can deaden the nerves in the joint that's inflamed. I'll probably eventually have it fused but my goal is to put that off 10 or 15 years. Right now I've heard back fusions have a 20-25 year shelf-life before problems start to occur; in 10 or 15 years the technology will be better and I'll be getting up there in age to the point where the surgery will outlive my most active years.

On a side note my dad had his fused in his 40s and it really changed his life for the better. He's 64 now and has had no problems and is super active with no back problems.

j0rdan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2009, 11:06:42 AM »
my mom's been in the hospital for like the last month, so i raided her pills. there were these really cool sleeping pills that I would take, like two at a time just to get fucked up. weed + prescription sleeping pills + beer = awesome. I wish I still had some.

other than that, nothing. I quit all my meds almost a year ago because I didn't like how they made me feel.

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2009, 02:44:19 PM »
My roommate gets about 90 of the 30mg Morphine pills every month, so he usually ends up bribing me with some to do random errands every once in a while.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2009, 02:46:20 PM »
Expand Quote
If I do multiple days in a row I might need two or three days off board to get the pain down a bit.
[close]

That's about where I'm at. I can stand skating twice, maybe three days a week but it's pretty painful. My problem is I also run a school garden and have an old house I'm restoring so basically everything I enjoy doing aggravates it.

Hopefully the facet injections work and they can deaden the nerves in the joint that's inflamed. I'll probably eventually have it fused but my goal is to put that off 10 or 15 years. Right now I've heard back fusions have a 20-25 year shelf-life before problems start to occur; in 10 or 15 years the technology will be better and I'll be getting up there in age to the point where the surgery will outlive my most active years.

On a side note my dad had his fused in his 40s and it really changed his life for the better. He's 64 now and has had no problems and is super active with no back problems.
Good luck with that, man... my problem was a result of trauma (my headaches too), so that might play a big role as to why the injections didn't do anything. Surgery scares me though... I had some swelling on my spine for a few weeks and for a while there I couldn't walk, then I got to shuffling like an old man as the swelling went down. I'm really afraid of feeling like that due to surgery. I'm lucky that my day job either has me at a desk or running around with a lot of gear. I still do most of the PT exercises, but I'm not as regimental as I was when I started fuckteen years ago.
I do hope it knocks out all if not most of the pain for you. Off note: in my situation, having bad posture while sitting feels like heaven.  I guess it moves the stress away or something, but if I try to sit with proper posture I feel like acid's being poured down the middle-center of my back.

TheFifthColumn

• Rep: -113
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2009, 02:56:54 PM »
Why are the majority of pills listed on this poll painkillers? 

Ben Throttle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2009, 03:16:18 PM »
..because there easy to get?
i thought i was the only one who bruised people with my cum, save it up for about two weeks and release the blast.

Boobies

• Rep: -8
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2009, 03:24:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

not really, maybe in the US its different but I'm pretty sure I couldnt go into my doctors office and get xanax,oxycodin or morphine

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2009, 03:52:07 PM »
Zantac all day son.  More fiyah!  Lighta massif!

crailtapper

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2009, 04:45:32 PM »
I think a relative question would be to ask... what's the most pills any of you guys have taken at once?
 mine's probably 8-10

my old roommate/childhood friend thought that would be cool too.

he's dead now.

i used to like oxycontin a lot, but i almost overdosed once and it kind of set me straight. i can't really take any opiates anymore without getting violently ill. it sucks. about once a year i'll take some ecstasy, but that's my limit unless it's a bullshit pill. now i'm more of a 100%er for weed. i'm not really trying to preach, but nothing hurts worse than seeing someone that close to you being put into a body bag because of some shit as stupid as that. just slow down. i'm not saying stop, just slow down.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2009, 06:06:43 PM »
I've been prescribed pills since I was 17 or 18 for depression and anxiety. I honestly feel like I used to think more clearly and more in depth about things. Right now I just take xanax(when needed), which is prescribed for anxiety, panic attacks, derealization... If I didn't take that I would just be a full blown alcoholic, so I guess it helps me out. I just stopped taking prozac after reading a bunch of sketchy things it does to you. The only thing I noticed from prozac was it made me tired, and the other day I realized I got fat when I was first prescribed it. I like taking oxycontin and vicodin whenever I have them. Sometimes I like adderal when I'm drinking. Opiates are the best though.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

marty.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2009, 06:30:29 PM »
yea, i get the same tired feeling from benzos

i also can't drink anymore since i started taking them cause it makes me sick so i've started smoking a lot of pot lately
so between that and three kpins a day my life kinda feels like a blur, like i'll think something happened a month ago when it was really just a couple days, things like that
8)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2009, 11:24:22 PM »

i also can't drink anymore since i started taking them cause it makes me sick so i've started smoking a lot of pot lately
so between that and three kpins a day my life kinda feels like a blur, like i'll think something happened a month ago when it was really just a couple days, things like that
That's why I don't even feel guilty about taking weed for my panic attacks.
It genuinely works for me, and the side effects are so much mellower than benzos.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2009, 11:55:53 PM »
glucosamine, vitamin c, vitamin b12, vitamin d....we just got a juicer so we can do wheatgrass....

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2009, 12:38:07 AM »
I take a multivitamin and fish oil.

When my back starts acting up I'll take a flexiril or naproxen.  Flexiril is a good sleep aid as well as a mild muscle relaxant.  I'll pop one right now.

starvingrobot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 25
  • Keep It +
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2009, 02:13:56 AM »
vicodin

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2009, 02:28:51 AM »
the occasional excedrin. vicodin if it's available.

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2009, 06:46:20 AM »
I dabble with some mdma from time to time, which is why I am posting at 930 am right now.

But I am not a popper. To be honest prescription meds scare me more that any shit I get from a dude in his apartment.

My room mate and a girlfriend of mine found a bottle with around 50 oxy 80mgs about a year and a half ago. I stayed away from them, but everyone else that I lived with got into it. One dude took 2 and a half in one might. They say that a half of an 80 will knock you on your ass. He was dope sick for two days afterwards. Frightening. Just lay in bed, and only moved to puke. Fuck that stuff.

Happy ending is that he lived and they went on to just sell the bottle for close to 500 bones.

marty.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2009, 07:06:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That's why I don't even feel guilty about taking weed for my panic attacks.
It genuinely works for me, and the side effects are so much mellower than benzos.

oh for sure, if weed worked like that for me it would be great, but i hadn't even smoked weed for about a year before i got on my meds cause it would make my anxiety so bad. now that i'm on them i'm fine though

also benzo's made life seem kinda grey at first, like it took out the highs and lows from my mood
i smoke too much pot probably, but it helps with that sort of thing
8)

odp

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2009, 11:12:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

not really, maybe in the US its different but I'm pretty sure I couldnt go into my doctors office and get xanax,oxycodin or morphine

here in the US, prescription drugs, painkillers in particular, are very easy to procure. Our government is a giant pharmaceutical corporation that exists only to dope the youth in a legal manner. shits fucked up.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2009, 12:19:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

here in the US, prescription drugs, painkillers in particular, are very easy to procure. Our government is a giant pharmaceutical corporation that exists only to dope the youth in a legal manner. shits fucked up.
That was an awesome "I don't know what I am talking about" rant. The government of the U.S. actually has less to do with our use of prescription drugs than most other countries. Other countries have systems where the government buys the pills in bulk, and get a major deal from the prescription companies, and then it is given it out to people. Its actually a pretty good system, considering that drugs cost about 10 to 100 times as much in our country because we don't have that system, and individuals have to pay for it themselves.
The fact that individuals have to pay for drugs themselves makes the drug companies very competitive in this country. They all compete to sell you on their drug. They advertize on TV, they try to do things for doctors so the doctor wil prescribe their drug first, and most. They will do anything to get a pill shoved down your throat, whether you need it or not, so they can make a profit. It has NOTHING to do with the government, unless you consider the fact that the government lets pharmaceutical companies run wild (you didn't think banks were the only ones, did you?) doing something. Of course, when there is a chance to change that, like with Obama's  *original* healthcare bill, people freak out and start going to rallies packing guns, scared of what the government is doing to limit the power of multinational exploitative corporations. Of course, the corporations are the ones "educating" them on the issues.

* And yes, I know Obama's new plan has taken out the part about large scale pharmaceutical bargaining. Its for 2 reasons- 1- too much resistance and crying about a deficit, that forced Obama to bargain with big pharma over the bill. 2- Obama is a pussy who doesn't have the balls to do the real right thing.

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2009, 12:32:32 PM »
its beginning to look a lot like....

now only if i could get a hold of some gleemonex for pets...
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

odp

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2009, 01:45:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
That was an awesome "I don't know what I am talking about" rant. The government of the U.S. actually has less to do with our use of prescription drugs than most other countries. Other countries have systems where the government buys the pills in bulk, and get a major deal from the prescription companies, and then it is given it out to people. Its actually a pretty good system, considering that drugs cost about 10 to 100 times as much in our country because we don't have that system, and individuals have to pay for it themselves.
The fact that individuals have to pay for drugs themselves makes the drug companies very competitive in this country. They all compete to sell you on their drug. They advertize on TV, they try to do things for doctors so the doctor wil prescribe their drug first, and most. They will do anything to get a pill shoved down your throat, whether you need it or not, so they can make a profit. It has NOTHING to do with the government, unless you consider the fact that the government lets pharmaceutical companies run wild (you didn't think banks were the only ones, did you?) doing something. Of course, when there is a chance to change that, like with Obama's  *original* healthcare bill, people freak out and start going to rallies packing guns, scared of what the government is doing to limit the power of multinational exploitative corporations. Of course, the corporations are the ones "educating" them on the issues.

* And yes, I know Obama's new plan has taken out the part about large scale pharmaceutical bargaining. Its for 2 reasons- 1- too much resistance and crying about a deficit, that forced Obama to bargain with big pharma over the bill. 2- Obama is a pussy who doesn't have the balls to do the real right thing.

i'm not looking to debate, man. But you hit the nail on the head as to what i was meaning when you wrote "lets the pharmaceutical companies run wild." You crack me up sometimes dude, talk about a "rant" hahaha
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 01:51:55 PM by odp »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2009, 01:49:18 PM »
oh yeah. Gotcha.

sparksandblood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2009, 03:22:22 PM »
its rare i take pills but i had two methadone a couple weeks ago. holy shit it was awesome. ended up puking towards the end of my high, probably should not have been trying to drink vodka. stick with weed
It was seriously like seeing Jesus on a skateboard.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2009, 04:53:58 PM »
I accidentally mixed 2 pills of oxycoton with cough medicine, and I was tripping balls for like 10 hours

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2009, 07:57:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i'm not looking to debate, man. But you hit the nail on the head as to what i was meaning when you wrote "lets the pharmaceutical companies run wild." You crack me up sometimes dude, talk about a "rant" hahaha
I like the added shit talking after the fact. Still saying the government shoves pills down people's throats is a bit misleading. It often keeps them from hitting their mouths.

yeah dude!

« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2009, 08:08:20 PM »
Prescription pain killers make me super sick. Total bummer when I get hurt. I do, however, pop a Lunesta every night.