Author Topic: Steve Berra aware that Slap message boards hate him.  (Read 22979 times)

Beer Wizard

Steve Berra aware that Slap message boards hate him.
« on: September 10, 2009, 05:46:23 PM »
Steve Berra's response after being sent:

why are you sending this to me?
I’m sure you’re one of those guys on the slap message boards that
hates me.
sb

Hey man.
sorry, I just saw your site and your 48 blks banner and that you were from SF
and figure, oh great, another Slap Message board dude hating on me.
No worries. If there’s anything we can do to help you out, lemme know.
What is DWNTWN? A shop? Let’s discuss.
sb

sage

Re: Steve Berra aware that Slap message boards hate him.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 05:50:36 PM »
And?

jrock

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 05:53:07 PM »
wow.  hating on roughneck.  some of the hardest working and realest peeps in the biz.  keep alienating yourself stevie (scientology pun intended)

fucking crybaby.

Ben Throttle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 05:58:14 PM »
You think that's funny.. check this email i got from him. The original email i sent isn't even worth posting because it's just a bunch of drunken jibberish mostly about how the first kid that called up Ethan's SkateTalk Ep asked where Donovan is which was disrespectful in my opinion. Berra took it serious though

Yes, I do realize what we've created and I think it's pretty rad.
Why is that sad?
Ethan Fowler is more than welcome to do anything he wants at the Berrics.
How this has to do with L. Ron Hubbard is beyond my wildest comprehension.
And skate talk? Come on man. You're bitching about how big the Berrics is?
What if Bob, who is a friend of mine, became as big or bigger than Donovan
or Reda or the Berrics? Would you be bitching then? You fail to understand that
this was created to help the whole of skateboarding. Again, how that has to
do with Scientology or why you have to attack me for it is just ridiculous. So like
I said, stick to the Slap message boards where you will get a lot of agreement from
about 10 people about how much you hate me and realize that it will be out
of business soon and you will have nowhere else to go. Did you write them hate
mail when they had UFC banners up? I mean Jesus fucking Christ, I don't put
UFC banners up on the Berrics. I'd rather suck a bag of dicks than promote a
bunch of jocks fighting in the Octagon ring. You're beloved Slap site sure doesn't
have that standard. So, like I said before, maybe you just need a nap or some food
or your diaper changed, because not only are you tired and cranky and a baby, you're
pretty fucking dumb too if you can't recognize that everything done here has only
been to help skateboarders. Your beloved Ethan Fowler needs to sell skateboards
for Bummer High doesn't he? He needs skateboarders to buy that stuff and he needs
promotion too of which the Berrics is more than willing to provide for him so that he
may continue to grow. I WANT Ethan to make a living from skateboarding. A good one
at that because he's too fucking good not to. We're not the X-Games. We're not the
Dew Tour. How do you not see that?
i thought i was the only one who bruised people with my cum, save it up for about two weeks and release the blast.

sage

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 06:04:37 PM »
Steve is right actually, at least he does business with legitimate companies on his site.(Although there are some questionable ads up on there lately...) He's also right about there being mainly 10 loud mouths on here who are under the false impression they speak for everyone

I think Steve is kind of a kook because of the Scientology shit and just how he acts on camera, but I find nothing wrong with The Berrics it's self, and you guys have no problem watching BATB every weekend religiously, then hating on steve/the berrics on SLAP for coolguy points.

Anti Krooked

• Rep: -75
  • sellout
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 06:21:59 PM »
that kinda pisses me off i <3 SLAP

Man, we can totally eat that pig.  that pig can be in us right now.

danker

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 06:35:17 PM »
I don't see why any of this matters...

Edward Sebastian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • This is what we live for.
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 06:52:08 PM »
why does everyone hate the guy so much? because he runs a website about a skatepark that became really popular? seriously? i've yet to see anyone come up with a legitimate reason
"RIP to myself one day" - JR Blastoff

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 06:53:20 PM »
lHe's also right about there being mainly 10 loud mouths on here who are under the false impression they speak for everyone
I was basically going to post something like this. I think Scientology is as kooky as any other religion, but I just don't get that from the site, so it doesn't bother me. I missed the dis to Roughneck, whom I support 100%, but Berra can fucking skate, and the site has made some videos that are nearly impossible not to watch. SKATE, the Battle Commander ones, and I know we raped their server when they uploaded the Mike V video.
I don't hate him, or at least what I've seen of him. I may disagree with him on some shit, but ever since he got decapitated in the end of his part in that Birdhouse video (I forget the name) I figured he was alright. I'd drink a beer with him, or he could watch me drink one or whatever.  

Ben Throttle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 06:56:20 PM »
I don't hate him that much for the record. Just surprised he replied to my random email. He really risks his personal life to run that Berrics park and all his money is gone from running the electric is what he told me in his second note
i thought i was the only one who bruised people with my cum, save it up for about two weeks and release the blast.

Staygold703

• Rep: -6
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 07:00:23 PM »
idk i think steve berra has done a lot for skateboarding with the site so im cool with him

Edward Sebastian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • This is what we live for.
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 07:03:37 PM »
I don't hate him that much for the record. Just surprised he replied to my random email. He really risks his personal life to run that Berrics park and all his money is gone from running the electric is what he told me in his second note

i've corresponded with him via email as well. he's down to talk to people, he's not some untouchable celebrity or something. he's a skater just like you guys. if you have a gripe with him, send the guy an email ([email protected]). come at him like an adult, and he'll talk with you and be real. he's not an asshole
"RIP to myself one day" - JR Blastoff

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 07:08:52 PM »
idk i think steve berra has done a lot for skateboarding with the site so im cool with him

BoysAreYummy

• Rep: -11
  • Skaterboarder
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 07:10:03 PM »
I personally like Steve Berra. Idk why all the hate for him.
I Ride Skateboards.

east is in the house

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 07:13:20 PM »
You think that's funny.. check this email i got from him. The original email i sent isn't even worth posting because it's just a bunch of drunken jibberish mostly about how the first kid that called up Ethan's SkateTalk Ep asked where Donovan is which was disrespectful in my opinion. Berra took it serious though

Yes, I do realize what we've created and I think it's pretty rad.
Why is that sad?
Ethan Fowler is more than welcome to do anything he wants at the Berrics.
How this has to do with L. Ron Hubbard is beyond my wildest comprehension.
And skate talk? Come on man. You're bitching about how big the Berrics is?
What if Bob, who is a friend of mine, became as big or bigger than Donovan
or Reda or the Berrics? Would you be bitching then? You fail to understand that
this was created to help the whole of skateboarding. Again, how that has to
do with Scientology or why you have to attack me for it is just ridiculous. So like
I said, stick to the Slap message boards where you will get a lot of agreement from
about 10 people about how much you hate me and realize that it will be out
of business soon and you will have nowhere else to go. Did you write them hate
mail when they had UFC banners up?
I mean Jesus fucking Christ, I don't put
UFC banners up on the Berrics. I'd rather suck a bag of dicks than promote a
bunch of jocks fighting in the Octagon ring. You're beloved Slap site sure doesn't
have that standard.
So, like I said before, maybe you just need a nap or some food
or your diaper changed, because not only are you tired and cranky and a baby, you're
pretty fucking dumb too if you can't recognize that everything done here has only
been to help skateboarders. Your beloved Ethan Fowler needs to sell skateboards
for Bummer High doesn't he? He needs skateboarders to buy that stuff and he needs
promotion too of which the Berrics is more than willing to provide for him so that he
may continue to grow. I WANT Ethan to make a living from skateboarding. A good one
at that because he's too fucking good not to. We're not the X-Games. We're not the
Dew Tour. How do you not see that?

he makes some great points here...

Steve is right actually, at least he does business with legitimate companies on his site.(Although there are some questionable ads up on there lately...) He's also right about there being mainly 10 loud mouths on here who are under the false impression they speak for everyone

I think Steve is kind of a kook because of the Scientology shit and just how he acts on camera, but I find nothing wrong with The Berrics it's self, and you guys have no problem watching BATB every weekend religiously, then hating on steve/the berrics on SLAP for coolguy points.

one of the rare times I'm agreeing with you. keep it up.

scootboard

• Rep: 1
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 07:22:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm agreeing with you

guess that one backfired

No Vaseline

• Rep: -6
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 07:26:10 PM »
It's a free website featuring some of the best/most popular skaters in the world tearing Berra and Koston's park up... Why anyone would hate on that is beyond me.

If it pisses you off that much then don't look at it.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 07:26:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 07:28:42 PM »
Its the fucking internet.

og.milk

• Rep: 2
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 07:32:10 PM »
people would be sucking berra's dick now that they are even more aware of his lurking on here.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 07:33:42 PM »
Steve Berra is gay.

jrock

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 07:35:20 PM »
i definitely don't hate the berrics, i just think he comes off as an ass.  some dude sent him an email about the Roughneck BART tour, and he jumped down the dudes throat.  The dudes that run roughneck are some of the best guys in SF, and some of the only people who got off their ass to do events for EVERYONE in the city, and tried to squash all the vibes in favor of all of us having a good time skating (instead of having a PRIVATE skatepark for his cool little buddies to train at).   But instead of seeing it for what it was, he assumed that they MUST be a part of the Slap Hate Machine, generalizing them just because they are from SF.  I'm really tired of all this elitist bullshit, and i found that very disrespectful that he would make that assumption.

I'm sick of people coming down on this forum all the fucking time.  The things people say are no different than the things heard in EVERY skateshop in the fucking world.  The dude is in his mid-30's and takes shit personal when someone criticizes him.  Last time I checked, the dude has been skateboarding for a living since he was a teenager, associates (and marries) movie stars, has his own private skatepark to skate any time he wants, makes bank despite putting out minimal footage on fake spots (not really hating on that, it is what it is...just skating some facts), and is connected enough in hollywood to still be able to find people to fund movies that don't even come out (not even straight to video, straight on some movie execs shelf).  As far as I'm concerned, this dude could take a little criticism without throwing a temper tantrum and blaming all of skateboarding's ills on us.  He's been living the dream most of his life, and when you're fortunate enough for that to happen you should show a little fucking humility and take this shit with a grain of salt.  

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 07:38:02 PM »
i definitely don't hate the berrics, i just think he comes off as an ass.  some dude sent him an email about the Roughneck BART tour, and he jumped down the dudes throat.  The dudes that run roughneck are some of the best guys in SF, and some of the only people who got off their ass to do events for EVERYONE in the city, and tried to squash all the vibes in favor of all of us having a good time skating (instead of having a PRIVATE skatepark for his cool little buddies to train at).   But instead of seeing it for what it was, he assumed that they MUST be a part of the Slap Hate Machine, generalizing them just because they are from SF.  I'm really tired of all this elitist bullshit, and i found that very disrespectful that he would make that assumption.

I'm sick of people coming down on this forum all the fucking time.  The things people say are no different than the things heard in EVERY skateshop in the fucking world.  The dude is in his mid-30's and takes shit personal when someone criticizes him.  Last time I checked, the dude has been skateboarding for a living since he was a teenager, associates (and marries) movie stars, has his own private skatepark to skate any time he wants, makes bank despite putting out minimal footage on fake spots (not really hating on that, it is what it is...just skating some facts), and is connected enough in hollywood to still be able to find people to fund movies that don't even come out (not even straight to video, straight on some movie execs shelf).  As far as I'm concerned, this dude could take a little criticism without throwing a temper tantrum and blaming all of skateboarding's ills on us.  He's been living the dream most of his life, and when you're fortunate enough for that to happen you should show a little fucking humility and take this shit with a grain of salt.  

He lives in LA, what do you expect?

jrock

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 07:40:08 PM »
about as much, i guess...

trafficjam

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 07:40:20 PM »
steve berras tight, hes easy to make fun of like a lot of people but hes tight. hes from/lived in stl so thats pretty neat, also. not too into the berrics but im really doubting berra is meaning anyone harm by it

speaking of roughneck though, does anyone by any chance have a copy they would be willing to sell/send me? a shop owner lent it to me once long ago and the vibe of the whole video was sick as fuck, making me wanna skate. someone plz help a guy out? that vid is too good

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 07:58:44 PM »
BERRA PASS ME THOSE DIGITS FOR JULIET LEWIS.  YOU AREN'T USING THEM BUT I COULD SURE USE HER.

stabbin

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 08:03:20 PM »
BERRA PASS ME THOSE DIGITS FOR JULIET LEWIS.  YOU AREN'T USING THEM BUT I COULD SURE USE HER.
You're a fucking idiot.

and..
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i think steve berra has done a lot for skateboarding with the site so im cool with him
[close]
[close]

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 08:05:53 PM »
nah i'm not.  i just want to smash that chicks box.

trafficjam

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 08:23:29 PM »
whats this all about

TapLuxiferfet

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 08:52:16 PM »

Kick a little freestyle for Steve B, smoke a B, do a kickflip B ackside, lipslide, hoes want ME2B inside, like Melgibson lethal weapon all the time 247, WHAT WHAT, U WANNA SKATE OR DIE? KILLA DATS SOME ILL SHIT, like MARTY MCCFLY, puffing mad weed, outside the berrics alleyway mad bitches cry bout the slap messageboards, I wonder why? ,....... thought they was core, my oragami swan folds pricks like clothes, thought u was EAST COAST FOOL? ha, shmucks, GARGOYLE'S BITCH, FAKE ACCOUNT STILL RUN SHIT CAN I GET A ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?