Author Topic: The Official Extremely Sorry Thread  (Read 49525 times)

Beeda Weeda

Re: The Official Extremely Sorry Thread
« Reply #420 on: October 20, 2009, 12:54:39 PM »
they all jumped on the same trends at the same time.

Narcissus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #421 on: October 20, 2009, 12:58:09 PM »
That Lemmy song was the best song in the vid. Rest of the soundtrack sucked dicks bigtime!!! Someone make a good remix of rodrigos part!!!!!

Extremely Sorry sountrack = bag of dicks
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #422 on: October 20, 2009, 02:25:40 PM »
i thought it was kind of cool but i really doubt it took 100 hours

i actually liked it a lot. a regular old part wouldn't seem as tight to me for this kind of thing.

Sidewayslurkzine

« Reply #423 on: October 20, 2009, 05:47:17 PM »
why didnt they just have fred mortagne do it all again like sorry, fred is hands down one of the best editors, i mean bon appetit and sorry are 2 of my favorite videos.  this is what happened with cliche too, they got some weird shitty editor and didnt have fred do it all so in turn the video sucked except for maybe one or two parts
johnny rotten intros>claymation shit

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #424 on: October 20, 2009, 05:55:32 PM »
i think you guys arent realizing that lances song is a damned song, not something made for the video.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #425 on: October 20, 2009, 06:03:45 PM »
I guess some people like all Shane's motion graphics so that's cool.  I just found it really distracting from his footage mostly.  I understand they wanted to do something different and that's fine.  They pulled it off with Tom Penny in Sorry.  I just found they kinda got in the way in this one.  Especially that first line where it looks like there is a monkey crawling all over him or something.  But if some people are into it then cool.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #426 on: October 20, 2009, 06:16:23 PM »
i thought it was kind of cool but i really doubt it took 100 hours

maybe not 100, but definitely a substantial amount of time parked in front of a computer.

The real bummer was Shane Cross's part.  All that animation ruined some really really good footage.  And I talked to a filmer/editor friend of mine who told me that would seriously be at least a hundred hours of editing work to make all that shit.  Talk about a WASTE of time.

I'm sure they wanted to do something special since it was his last part ever and all...but that was the WRONG CHOICE!!

yeah, i agree completely. The Girl dudes did it right with the Keenan tribute in front of Yeah Right (vintage archival clips, voiceovers by his closest friends, new skate footy, etc.) . It was the perfect goodbye to such a rad dude.

Shane's "Let's Live" part was a more proper sendoff. Dollin edited it right? I guess that's another thing he's good at.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #427 on: October 20, 2009, 06:42:48 PM »
I love how they edited Shane's part. After my first viewing I was borderline disgusted, but after watching the whole video and watching his part about five more times I grew to appreciate it.

EastCoastLove

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #428 on: October 20, 2009, 09:30:18 PM »
I love how they edited Shane's part. After my first viewing I was borderline disgusted, but after watching the whole video and watching his part about five more times I grew to appreciate it.
I felt the same way, I got the impression as they wanted to show his existence still roaming the spot.

and as for his intro, I don't get why people are so concerned?  what the hell do you think shane would've wanted...?    most likely chillin' at a better place getting high!    which is exactly what I hope he's doing right the fuck now.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 09:33:56 PM by EastCoastLove »

PsychOut

« Reply #429 on: October 20, 2009, 09:57:08 PM »

i agree, only things i didnt like was that monkey thing on his back and that heel flip with all those colours and the fire on that rail. i like the butterfly/bug light things on that noseblunt, the stuff that comes out when he sess slides after that 5050 into the bank. the pop shuv nosegrind and the tre off that kicker, editing looked tight, but after watching it a few times it grows on you, im sure he has tones of footage still, he use to have photos in every skate mag in oz, like every issue. shane had a big imagination and his fav quote was willy wonka's that was at the start of lets live. they were trying to give his part some imagination and colour because shane was into that whole vibe. i guess LSD and weed opened shanes mind up. he was just a colourful happy person.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 10:17:59 PM by PsychOut »

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #430 on: October 20, 2009, 10:41:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i agree, only things i didnt like was that monkey thing on his back and that heel flip with all those colours and the fire on that rail. i like the butterfly/bug light things on that noseblunt, the stuff that comes out when he sess slides after that 5050 into the bank. the pop shuv nosegrind and the tre off that kicker, editing looked tight, but after watching it a few times it grows on you, im sure he has tones of footage still, he use to have photos in every skate mag in oz, like every issue. shane had a big imagination and his fav quote was willy wonka's that was at the start of lets live. they were trying to give his part some imagination and colour because shane was into that whole vibe. i guess LSD and weed opened shanes mind up. he was just a colourful happy person.
??????

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #431 on: October 20, 2009, 10:52:08 PM »
How was Lance's part? Him, Shane and Ali's parts are the ones I really want to see.

PsychOut

« Reply #432 on: October 21, 2009, 12:43:39 AM »
How was Lance's part? Him, Shane and Ali's parts are the ones I really want to see.

prob one of the best parts in the video, his part had a fun vibe
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 01:30:00 AM by PsychOut »

clamy

« Reply #433 on: October 21, 2009, 01:09:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
??????

powerslide.

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #434 on: October 21, 2009, 02:22:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

prob one of the best parts in the video, his part had a fun vibe

for sure, but i had to warm up to it abit

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #435 on: October 21, 2009, 03:59:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
??????
[close]

powerslide.

Spent a few months in Oz earlier this year.  EVERYONE over there says Sess Slide.  I have no idea why...that's just what they call it.  And that dude seems to be from Oz.  Thought I'd clear that up.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #436 on: October 21, 2009, 04:44:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
??????
[close]

powerslide.
[close]

Spent a few months in Oz earlier this year.  EVERYONE over there says Sess Slide.  I have no idea why...that's just what they call it.  And that dude seems to be from Oz.  Thought I'd clear that up.
arlo eisenberg yessssssssssssssss

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #437 on: October 21, 2009, 07:16:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
??????
[close]

powerslide.
[close]

[close]
arlo eisenberg yessssssssssssssss

Yea, his part was one of my favorites in Extremely Sorry...
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #438 on: October 21, 2009, 11:03:01 AM »
i think you guys arent realizing that lances song is a damned song, not something made for the video.

whatever its fucking awesome anyway. the soundtrack was key in this video. every video out nowadays has such a strange mix of songs in it, this one they all seem to fit together somehow. like blind video i am always going to go back to that as the example of what could have been a great video but ruined by bad editing. the video had no vibe to it, seemed to have no comraderie between the riders or anything. one song is from the fucking 80s, the next song is nas, then theres like some weird metal song... its just too much different shit. flip seemed to be on some euro freakout vibe for the most part. it was good. it fit together. not my favorite kinds of music by any means but it worked well for this video.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #439 on: October 21, 2009, 11:58:02 AM »
everytime i hear luans song i want to play laser tag.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #440 on: October 21, 2009, 02:00:44 PM »
you can download the video off thepiratebay.org man... has been up for awhile now

EastCoastLove

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #441 on: October 21, 2009, 04:09:43 PM »
everytime i hear luans song i want to play laser tag.
hahah

YES!!

Jackie Chiles the Lawyer

• Rep: -1
« Reply #442 on: October 21, 2009, 04:53:20 PM »
Any body found any hidden footage on the dvd yet?

GuitarnLax36

• Rep: -1
« Reply #443 on: October 21, 2009, 05:59:55 PM »

I loved lances part it was really cool all pool skating and some unique tricks plus like the other dude said it had a really good vibe.  Shanes part was gnarly he has a lot of big sets and grinds in it and Alis part was pretty good wasnt my favorite part of the vid but it was definatly sick.

clicketyclack

• Rep: -5
« Reply #444 on: October 22, 2009, 06:29:06 AM »
Shit, there is something very wrong with this video  in the same way that there is something wrong with all the globe and almost videos.   :( :( :(

Don't get me worng, all of these videos have top notch teams and footage; that said though, there is definitely something about the way that they put their footage togethr and choose to present their team/image that irks me.  Who ever is editing and deciding on how this footage is being presented needs to be fired ASAP.  You've got a lineup of amazingly rad skaters yet all the productions pit out by these companies are incredibly shite. 

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #445 on: October 22, 2009, 09:21:16 AM »
in your opinion. i thought this video was a lot better than those videos. it had an original soundtrack for christ's sake. no videos these days have that kind of shit. the parts are nice and short so you can get stoked to skate and you dont feel like you want to skip the parts cause they drag on. they chose the best tricks to represent each guy too. you get to see them chilling with eachother, a lot of really unique spots. you get to see the guy riding away a lot too which you never see, it really shows the style of each guy really well. dont know where all the hate for the editing on this video is coming from really. its flip at its finest i was really not expecting much from this video and it blew me away.

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #446 on: October 22, 2009, 02:12:13 PM »
i thought rowley did all the editing

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #447 on: October 22, 2009, 03:30:25 PM »
in your opinion. i thought this video was a lot better than those videos. it had an original soundtrack for christ's sake. no videos these days have that kind of shit. the parts are nice and short so you can get stoked to skate and you dont feel like you want to skip the parts cause they drag on. they chose the best tricks to represent each guy too. you get to see them chilling with eachother, a lot of really unique spots. you get to see the guy riding away a lot too which you never see, it really shows the style of each guy really well. dont know where all the hate for the editing on this video is coming from really. its flip at its finest i was really not expecting much from this video and it blew me away.

Retox

• Rep: -47
« Reply #449 on: October 22, 2009, 11:09:57 PM »
so bummed... It has the most amazing skating, but the soundtrack and editing keep me from watching it over and over.  Stupid clay animation filler.

Flip should go back to the lab and redo direction, editting and music of the video.  I just can't watch videos that have shitty music, bad filming, and editing.

Penny's clothes got bigger, BUT HE IS DOING THE SAME TRICKS HE DID SINCE 1997.  When Guy Mariano came back he showed that he could keep up with current pros by doing all the tech on ledges, handrails, lines, and few gaps.  The stuff Penny did was what we already know he could do.  There was only a handful of new tricks.  It bums me out that he lacks creativity.  Back in late 90s he was innovating, doing everything bigger, effortless and smoother.  Now it seems like he's regressing and reached his peak around 1999-2000. It's a good thing he's english and Rowely's bud, he'll never get kick so he can milk it.

David Gonzalez is the Golden Child future of skateboarding.  Dude is so young but has mad style and huge bag of tricks with lots of variety. Don't understand how he has so much variety on lock.  Only bad thing is his wardrobe and sometimes he looks like a girl or 14y old kid.   He needs to cut his hair, get rid of the black metal shirts and skinny jeans  Once he learns to dress (like Apples or Malto) everything will look butter.