Author Topic: The Official Extremely Sorry Thread  (Read 49517 times)

Tuna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Official Extremely Sorry Thread
« Reply #450 on: October 22, 2009, 11:14:03 PM »
so bummed... It has the most amazing skating, but the soundtrack and editing keep me from watching it over and over.  Stupid clay animation filler.

Flip should go back to the lab and redo direction, editting and music of the video.  I just can't watch videos that have shitty music, bad filming, and editing.

Penny's clothes got bigger, BUT HE IS DOING THE SAME TRICKS HE DID SINCE 1997.  When Guy Mariano came back he showed that he could keep up with current pros by doing all the tech on ledges, handrails, lines, and few gaps.  The stuff Penny did was what we already know he could do.  There was only a handful of new tricks.  It bums me out that he lacks creativity.  Back in late 90s he was innovating, doing everything bigger, effortless and smoother.  Now it seems like he's regressing and reached his peak around 1999-2000. It's a good thing he's english and Rowely's bud, he'll never get kick so he can milk it.

David Gonzalez is the Golden Child future of skateboarding.  Dude is so young but has mad style and huge bag of tricks with lots of variety. Don't understand how he has so much variety on lock.  Only bad thing is his wardrobe and sometimes he looks like a girl or 14y old kid.   He needs to cut his hair, get rid of the black metal shirts and skinny jeans  Once he learns to dress (like Apples or Malto) everything will look butter.

are you implying that people who dress like apples and malto are the only ones who can look butter?  ::) sure some people have a better fashion sense than others but to say that only people that dress well(in your opinion) can be butter is regular.

Retox

• Rep: -47
« Reply #451 on: October 23, 2009, 01:10:34 AM »
Clothes that fit in general.  Watching someone skate in huge threads or in butt tight skinny pants is hard on the eyes.  1996 called Penny, they wondering why the same tricks but 3x the size of your clothes?

Even though Corey Duffel is good, I skip his part in new tws vid since he has the worse fashion sense.  Same with Greco, I'll skip his part too.  Very few people can pull off the tight pants shirt skating, I'm thinking like only 2-5%.

clamy

« Reply #452 on: October 23, 2009, 03:37:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I love how they edited Shane's part. After my first viewing I was borderline disgusted, but after watching the whole video and watching his part about five more times I grew to appreciate it.
[close]

i agree, only things i didnt like was that monkey thing on his back and that heel flip with all those colours and the fire on that rail. i like the butterfly/bug light things on that noseblunt, the stuff that comes out when he sess slides after that 5050 into the bank. the pop shuv nosegrind and the tre off that kicker, editing looked tight, but after watching it a few times it grows on you, im sure he has tones of footage still, he use to have photos in every skate mag in oz, like every issue. shane had a big imagination and his fav quote was willy wonka's that was at the start of lets live. they were trying to give his part some imagination and colour because shane was into that whole vibe. i guess LSD and weed opened shanes mind up. he was just a colourful happy person.
[close]
??????
[close]

powerslide.
[close]

Spent a few months in Oz earlier this year.  EVERYONE over there says Sess Slide.  I have no idea why...that's just what they call it.  And that dude seems to be from Oz.  Thought I'd clear that up.

yeah, i'm from australia, too. i hadn't even heard of the term powerslide until i lurked slap.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
« Reply #453 on: October 23, 2009, 06:29:19 AM »
cess slides

in rootin tootin rhythm.

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #454 on: October 23, 2009, 10:28:44 AM »
appleyard had the most watchable part imo.  he's the only guy that i could understand a style argument being valid for.  whenever someone isn't as good as other pros everyone has to say "oh but his style is soooo amazing omg" and it still doesn't make up for their lack of skill.  appleyard has the big, tech tricks with the style to match.  can't hate on that. 

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #455 on: October 23, 2009, 10:59:20 AM »
so bummed... It has the most amazing skating, but the soundtrack and editing keep me from watching it over and over.  Stupid clay animation filler.

Flip should go back to the lab and redo direction, editting and music of the video.  I just can't watch videos that have shitty music, bad filming, and editing.

Penny's clothes got bigger, BUT HE IS DOING THE SAME TRICKS HE DID SINCE 1997.  When Guy Mariano came back he showed that he could keep up with current pros by doing all the tech on ledges, handrails, lines, and few gaps.  The stuff Penny did was what we already know he could do.  There was only a handful of new tricks.  It bums me out that he lacks creativity.  Back in late 90s he was innovating, doing everything bigger, effortless and smoother.  Now it seems like he's regressing and reached his peak around 1999-2000. It's a good thing he's english and Rowely's bud, he'll never get kick so he can milk it.

David Gonzalez is the Golden Child future of skateboarding.  Dude is so young but has mad style and huge bag of tricks with lots of variety. Don't understand how he has so much variety on lock.  Only bad thing is his wardrobe and sometimes he looks like a girl or 14y old kid.   He needs to cut his hair, get rid of the black metal shirts and skinny jeans  Once he learns to dress (like Apples or Malto) everything will look butter.

he's not that young, he doesn't wear black metal shirts, and what do you mean by sometimes? he always looks like a girl/young.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #456 on: October 23, 2009, 03:49:56 PM »
i think its awesome that david gonzalez dresses like he does, that look/iron maiden is one of the biggest style trends in central/south america. i cant think of any other skater from south america with that look, and now he had the last part in the flip video. i bet kids there will be eating flip up like crazy there.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #457 on: October 23, 2009, 04:38:01 PM »
very true and i know he's good and he deserves being sponsored and everything. happy for the kid-just not a huge fan.

rudigarsucks

• Rep: 13
« Reply #458 on: October 23, 2009, 05:36:21 PM »
Quote from: Shitty write up on the back of the DVD
Five long years in the making, Extremely  Sorry is the third release in Flip's sorry video series of skateboarding insanity. The world famous Flip Team continues to evolve with the addition of new talented riders joining the original crew, creating one of the most diverse skate teams in modern history. Famous not only for their insane skateboarding skills, the Flip team are also as notorious for their renegade lifestyles - so don't expect to see them at the Olympics any time soon! Extremely Sorry was so named to be a tongue-in-cheek mockery of the mainstream contest side of skateboarding. Enjoy!

This load of shit is what's on the back of the DVD, which comes with laces, dice, and stickers of all the claymation. What the fuck. I really wish antisocial had the regular release since this is the worst garbage a special edition could ever have. This write up sounds like something written on the back of Grind 2. Makes me so bummed it's on the flip video. Renegade lifestyles, yes, note the RIP section at the beginning, are they seriously playing that up? Jesus! Extreme as a joke? Bob base jumps into the fucking grand canyon!!! If you don't think he's entering the Olympics when they happens you're an idiot.

So bummed on Flip right now.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #459 on: October 23, 2009, 09:16:03 PM »
I haven't even been able to watch it all the way through since the premier.  I don't like it

wheee!

larry bertlemann

• Rep: 15
  • brain cemented, mix it in a blender..
« Reply #460 on: October 24, 2009, 09:48:14 AM »
i think its awesome that david gonzalez dresses like he does

you think its awesome?

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #461 on: October 25, 2009, 06:09:43 PM »
Finally saw it this afternoon.  My David Gonzales hate has been eliminated.

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #462 on: October 27, 2009, 02:22:16 PM »
Don't think this has been posted yet but youve probably seen it
For you Lemmy fans out there

http://www.thrashermagazine.com/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid=90&video_id=321

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #463 on: October 27, 2009, 02:38:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you think its awesome?
i think its awesome. i bet tons of kids get psyched on him down there that dress like him, that otherwise wouldnt care/skate. i dont like that music or style, but it was missing from skating and works for him. hes not great or anything though

Jimmy909

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #464 on: October 27, 2009, 03:22:59 PM »
Went to the premiere last night. Why didnt they put the footage of Rowley killing the mountain lion on the dvd? that was sick

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #465 on: October 27, 2009, 04:50:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

you think its awesome?
[close]
i think its awesome. i bet tons of kids get psyched on him down there that dress like him, that otherwise wouldnt care/skate. i dont like that music or style, but it was missing from skating and works for him. hes not great or anything though
?

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #466 on: October 27, 2009, 05:08:11 PM »
i secretly wish it was TX himself
:) I must have been tripping last night

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #467 on: October 27, 2009, 05:13:28 PM »
does anyone knows who is that guy in camoflage pants that makes a cameo on TX´s part?
I think his name is rodrigo tx.

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #468 on: October 27, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »
Went to the premiere last night. Why didnt they put the footage of Rowley killing the mountain lion on the dvd? that was sick

Because it was sick... and not necessarily in a good way.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #469 on: October 27, 2009, 06:17:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

where is it?

i cant find it.

unless you can somehow obtain a copy of the premiere edit, you'll never see it.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #470 on: October 27, 2009, 09:42:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

you think its awesome?
[close]
[close]
?
why do people keep quoting/repeating what i say? he isnt great, as in, he is not great. does not use his talent well. poor trick selection etc.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #471 on: October 27, 2009, 09:47:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

you think its awesome?
[close]
[close]
?
[close]
why do people keep quoting/repeating what i say? he isnt great, as in, he is not great. does not use his talent well. poor trick selection etc.
I definitely have to agree with this post. I fucks with david gonzales (no homo), but he needs to stop with that airwalk/impossible gayness.

dylan makes me wet

• Rep: -32
« Reply #472 on: October 28, 2009, 02:37:36 AM »
i liked all his impossibles...
and that impossible 5050 on that hubba was pretty crazy.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #473 on: October 28, 2009, 10:20:54 AM »
just bought the video yesterday. came w/ a set of free extremely sorry skate dice, some laces & hella of those claymation stickers (wtf)

the video was sweet. shane's part was rad, the editing kinda killed it though. i could see how they tried to make it like arto's part in sorry but they took it too far, like why did they have to add an effect to every single trick? he still rips though, RIP.

the claymation intros were kinda lame..not too into them.

the music was whatever. i think there was such a big deal because it was customized, but i think even if it wasn't it still woulda came out similar to that. just random weird tracks like something out of a tws montage or some shit.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #474 on: October 28, 2009, 10:33:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

HE KILLED THAT THING?!?! i always wondered what the fuck was going on in that scene!!!! holy fuck that guy is fucking gnar! i get chills down my spine seeing him up on the roof chillin with that thing.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #475 on: October 28, 2009, 10:34:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

where is it?

i cant find it.

you suck at the internet,
www.thepiratebay.org

Oni0nbelt

• Rep: 3
« Reply #476 on: October 28, 2009, 06:42:06 PM »
What's the story behind that? Was it on his roof or something?

citycity

• Rep: -97
« Reply #477 on: October 28, 2009, 07:39:50 PM »
Does anyone know why arto left flip?

kevbo999

« Reply #478 on: October 28, 2009, 08:01:58 PM »
Because it was no longer the Flip he sank his heart into for nearly a decade?  He got amazing offers from other companies?

citycity

• Rep: -97
« Reply #479 on: October 28, 2009, 08:21:40 PM »
good point.