Author Topic: Post Your Cruiser  (Read 371193 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
Re: Post Your Cruiser
« Reply #1590 on: June 14, 2020, 07:31:28 AM »
Skateboards are a great gift.
Cruiser wheels make a ‘normal’ skateboard feel so stupid, as soon as I push down the street. Later on, when I’m trying flip tricks, and/or getting complete wheelbite do I remember what a ‘regular’ board is good for. But pushing around and doing ollies? Quiet and comfy.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1591 on: June 14, 2020, 10:53:27 AM »
+1 for the true pal move
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

shawngreg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #1592 on: June 22, 2020, 08:56:32 AM »
cruiser bros!! looking for some help, i want to build my 1st one and looking for a few pointers.

for board selection i want to go with Polar, bc i've always liked them and never bought anything from them.  any shapes that people seem to really enjoy?
also, i have a pair of titanium 159s, but i kind of want to try aces.  i skate 5.8 ventures normally, but want something different for this board.  what aces would best serve me on something thats likely going to be 9" wide? or should i stick w the indys
i have tons of other spare shit for the setup, i have 54mm og classics, and 56mm key frames, as well as a spare set of swiss bearings.  so i think i should be good there.
thanks to anyone who chimes in

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #1593 on: June 22, 2020, 09:20:38 AM »
cruiser bros!! looking for some help, i want to build my 1st one and looking for a few pointers.

for board selection i want to go with Polar, bc i've always liked them and never bought anything from them.  any shapes that people seem to really enjoy?
also, i have a pair of titanium 159s, but i kind of want to try aces.  i skate 5.8 ventures normally, but want something different for this board.  what aces would best serve me on something thats likely going to be 9" wide? or should i stick w the indys
i have tons of other spare shit for the setup, i have 54mm og classics, and 56mm key frames, as well as a spare set of swiss bearings.  so i think i should be good there.

If you don’t mind buying new trucks, I’d personally choose the shape first then decide on trucks. Ace 55 have a 9” axle and fit pretty damn perfect on the Polar 92 shape (front mounting holes ~9, rear 8.75 I think?). My homie has this set up and runs 56mm conical fulls with a lil 3.5mm riser. The 159s would work as well, flush in the back and slightly carpeted in the front.

The 159s should also work on their other shapes, like football, P8, etc.

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #1594 on: June 22, 2020, 08:47:35 PM »

If polar, then the Dane1. Your 159s (with two washers on the inside), 1/8 riser, keyframes and Swiss.

Perfect setup, right there

And if you really want aces I would go with 55s, even 66 work well, because of the short wheelbase.

PMA

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #1595 on: June 23, 2020, 09:46:31 AM »
thanks for the help bros, i'll post in here when shes all setup

DeathBox

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1596 on: June 30, 2020, 05:02:51 AM »
Re-post from the main set-up thread - thanks for the tip Deekay.

I’d been hankering for a Zip Zinger but didn’t really want to have to shell out on a full set up. Remembered I had some ancient blue Royals in the shed, attached to a Zoo York ‘Warriors’ board which was my last set up before a lengthy break from skating. I’d never got rid of it and checked the truck size and they were perfect for the Zinger. I understand coloured trucks are a no-go these days and maybe always were and that Royals are rubbish too, I originally got them as they were the cheapest in the shop, along with some Ricta seconds that were meant to have a plastic coloured ring around the hole but were missing. I’m not fussed though as this is just a fun set-up for cruising around. I also liked the fact the truck colour went with the board graphic.
Spent a while trying to decide on wheels then saw Deekay (thanks again man!) recommending the Cadillacs for a Zip Zinger set up in the cruiser wheels thread and they looked perfect 78a, should be good for rough South London pavements. They even come in blue which I thought would be perfect to keep the colour theme going. Found one shop in the UK which had blue in stock, ordered them only to be contacted and told they only had the yellow, or ‘beer’ as they’re officially called, in. So I went with those and actually really like how they look on the overall set-up, especially as I decided to put the pink sticker on as well, think all blue might have been overkill. Might not be to everyone’s taste but I’m liking it.

Krooked Zip Zinger ‘Jacket Klub’ 7.75
Ancient Blue Royals (will replace bushings at some point)
Cadillac Wheels ‘Beer’ 56mm 78a
Indy 7’s bearings (would usually get Reds but these were the only thing in stock at a similar price. Seem fine so far)

JB77

« Reply #1597 on: July 03, 2020, 12:38:29 PM »
5Boro 7.6” x 29”
Venture 5.0
F4 52mm/99a Conical Full
Big Balls
Jessup
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 12:43:40 PM by JB77 »

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1598 on: July 03, 2020, 02:54:36 PM »
Baby ver. 2.0 (big ups to my BFF's company http://babyskateboards.com )
149 Hollows
Kader Radial 58mm F4 99
Swiss Big Bones
Indy hardware and shock risers
10" grip
yooo baby that's sick that's still a thing
i still have a baby board from y e a r s ago
the plies started splitting apart but i can't be mad at a board made in a garage

pretty sure i rode some big hard wheels on this one too

animalflesh

« Reply #1599 on: July 03, 2020, 05:18:05 PM »
5Boro 7.6” x 29”
Venture 5.0
F4 52mm/99a Conical Full
Big Balls
Jessup

That would be sick at the park

JB77

« Reply #1600 on: July 04, 2020, 04:27:46 AM »
Expand Quote
5Boro 7.6” x 29”
Venture 5.0
F4 52mm/99a Conical Full
Big Balls
Jessup

[close]

That would be sick at the park

Probably would be a blast to carve around a nice bowl on at the park, but it feels very small underfoot.  Wouldn’t be suited for much else there.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1601 on: July 04, 2020, 05:21:01 AM »

I’d been hankering for a Zip Zinger but didn’t really want to have to shell out on a full set up. Remembered I had some ancient blue Royals in the shed, attached to a Zoo York ‘Warriors’ board which was my last set up before a lengthy break from skating. I’d never got rid of it and checked the truck size and they were perfect for the Zinger. I understand coloured trucks are a no-go these days and maybe always were and that Royals are rubbish too, I originally got them as they were the cheapest in the shop, along with some Ricta seconds that were meant to have a plastic coloured ring around the hole but were missing. I’m not fussed though as this is just a fun set-up for cruising around. I also liked the fact the truck colour went with the board graphic.
Spent a while trying to decide on wheels then saw Deekay (thanks again man!) recommending the Cadillacs for a Zip Zinger set up in the cruiser wheels thread and they looked perfect 78a, should be good for rough South London pavements. They even come in blue which I thought would be perfect to keep the colour theme going. Found one shop in the UK which had blue in stock, ordered them only to be contacted and told they only had the yellow, or ‘beer’ as they’re officially called, in. So I went with those and actually really like how they look on the overall set-up, especially as I decided to put the pink sticker on as well, think all blue might have been overkill. Might not be to everyone’s taste but I’m liking

*pics*

Indy 7’s bearings (would usually get Reds but these were the only thing in stock at a similar price. Seem fine so far)

Looking great man! I ended up going with the beer colorway as well, here's my new whip:

Real renewal (zip zinger shape) 7.7''
Ace 00
Cadillac 56mm
Bones reds big balls

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
« Reply #1602 on: July 06, 2020, 08:17:49 AM »

Had a pair of 139s I was never going to use again so I built a cruiser around them.

Rat Racer is great for a big footed skater.

Rough Riders are nice but they chunked terribly when I tried to slappy a curb, so I think I may switch back to my Key Frames for this deck. Although, riding over sidewalk cracks, end of sidewalk bumps and person hole covers is a blast so maybe I can stop myself from slappying but probably not.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 08:19:52 AM by GardenSkater77 »

DeathBox

« Reply #1603 on: July 07, 2020, 03:16:43 AM »
Expand Quote

Spent a while trying to decide on wheels then saw Deekay (thanks again man!) recommending the Cadillacs for a Zip Zinger set up in the cruiser wheels thread and they looked perfect 78a, should be good for rough South London pavements. They even come in blue which I thought would be perfect to keep the colour theme going. Found one shop in the UK which had blue in stock, ordered them only to be contacted and told they only had the yellow, or ‘beer’ as they’re officially called, in. So I went with those and actually really like how they look on the overall set-up, especially as I decided to put the pink sticker on as well, think all blue might have been overkill. Might not be to everyone’s taste but I’m liking

*pics*

[close]

Looking great man! I ended up going with the beer colorway as well, here's my new whip:

Ace 00
Cadillac 56mm
Bones reds big balls

Yes mate, yours looks great too! The beer Cadillacs look rad against the fluoro green. I'd like to try the Ace ))'s too.
The Real deck is from recycled wood right? But did it come in the Zinger shape or did you do that yourself? Great job whoever did it!

YungJugg

« Reply #1604 on: July 07, 2020, 08:38:27 PM »

Black Label Curb Vulture 8.88
Independent 159 (back one hollow)
OJ Keyframe 56mm
Bones Swiss
Shorty’s 1 1/4”
Pig rails (not stoked)
1/8 risers

Lil aggro for a cruiser, but .12 short for the 9” thread, not egg enough for the egg thread, and I just posted in the set up thread. Plus Keyframes make anything for a fun cruise.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 03:45:06 PM by YungJugg »

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1605 on: July 08, 2020, 07:41:20 AM »
[$LAVE Rat Racer]

Had a pair of 139s I was never going to use again so I built a cruiser around them.

Rat Racer is great for a big footed skater.

Rough Riders are nice but they chunked terribly when I tried to slappy a curb, so I think I may switch back to my Key Frames for this deck. Although, riding over sidewalk cracks, end of sidewalk bumps and person hole covers is a blast so maybe I can stop myself from slappying but probably not.

This is awesome, always been hyped on the rat racer since that they posted that Pat Burke Rat Racing clip, must have been 8-9 years ago now. It's still here if anyone cares:

https://worldwideslave.com/pages/videos

Wish I could find one in Europe.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

*pics*

[close]

Ace 00
Cadillac 56mm
Bones reds big balls
[close]

Yes mate, yours looks great too! The beer Cadillacs look rad against the fluoro green. I'd like to try the Ace ))'s too.
The Real deck is from recycled wood right? But did it come in the Zinger shape or did you do that yourself? Great job whoever did it!

Thanks, I like how it came out as well. I have no idea about the Real deck honestly, I usually just get a zip zinger but randomly found this on a site in Denmark half off, and since it had the same shape it felt like a good idea. I like it though!

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1606 on: July 08, 2020, 12:53:12 PM »

Black Label Curb Vulture 8.8
OJ Keyframe 56mm
Bones Swiss
Shorty’s 1 1/4”
Pig rails (not stoked)
1/8 risers

Lil aggro for a cruiser, but .2 short for the 9” thread, not egg enough for the egg thread, and I just posted in the set up thread. Plus Keyframes make anything for a fun cruise.
how are the mismatched trucks treating ya?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

YungJugg

« Reply #1607 on: July 08, 2020, 01:23:26 PM »
Expand Quote

Black Label Curb Vulture 8.88
OJ Keyframe 56mm
Bones Swiss
Shorty’s 1 1/4”
Pig rails (not stoked)
1/8 risers

Lil aggro for a cruiser, but .12 short for the 9” thread, not egg enough for the egg thread, and I just posted in the set up thread. Plus Keyframes make anything for a fun cruise.
[close]
how are the mismatched trucks treating ya?

Not ideal, wouldn’t be able to do it on the daily popsicle. But for a cruiser/curb/park board the weight difference isn't too noticeable.

I really only notice the difference on flip tricks.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1608 on: July 09, 2020, 09:23:14 PM »

Anymore info or dimensions on this?

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
« Reply #1609 on: July 10, 2020, 12:24:31 PM »

Anymore info or dimensions on this?

I can see where'd you get confused, but his arm isn't going in an other dimension that's just the skateboard deck graphic and how they took the picture. Pretty tricky stuff though.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #1610 on: July 10, 2020, 05:45:43 PM »
Not sure if this goes in the Setup or Ace thread - I'm putting it here as it'll be a cruiser.
Want something that feels way different to my street setup (149's on a 8.38 usually)
Thinking of setting up a P8 8.8 with a set of Ace 55's, would this hit the spot? Or should I go for a 9+ wide...

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #1611 on: July 10, 2020, 06:48:41 PM »
Not sure if this goes in the Setup or Ace thread - I'm putting it here as it'll be a cruiser.
Want something that feels way different to my street setup (149's on a 8.38 usually)
Thinking of setting up a P8 8.8 with a set of Ace 55's, would this hit the spot? Or should I go for a 9+ wide...
Sounds like a great combo for a cruiser. You can go all the way up to a nine+ but if you go bigger I’d do wider trucks. 55s have a Great Turn and fit anything from 8.75 up imo.

PMA

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1612 on: July 10, 2020, 08:58:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Sounds like a great combo for a cruiser. You can go all the way up to a nine+ but if you go bigger I’d do wider trucks. 55s have a Great Turn and fit anything from 8.75 up imo.
p8 tapers to 8.25 in the back so be careful. liked mine with 151s but 9 inch axles might be a bit much

Tweekyn

« Reply #1613 on: July 11, 2020, 01:30:13 AM »
In the process if creating a cruiser for my brother, I caught the fever and really want to build one for myself now. Something I can just ride around in like a longboard without having to carry around a massive longboard. Maybe shred it here and there but I primarily just want a really smooth and effortless ride.

My goal is to work around this deck:

https://www.tactics.com/krooked/rat-stick-825-skateboard-deck/redux

Ive been thinking about putting Indy 144s on it as its an 8.25 deck, probably a bit smaller at the nose, with some very soft 56mm wheels (not sure which ones yet). My questions is, would this be a good cruiser or paper? Should I add a riser to it to make sure I avoid any wheelbite?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #1614 on: July 11, 2020, 04:12:25 AM »
In the process if creating a cruiser for my brother, I caught the fever and really want to build one for myself now. Something I can just ride around in like a longboard without having to carry around a massive longboard. Maybe shred it here and there but I primarily just want a really smooth and effortless ride.

Ive been thinking about putting Indy 144s on it as its an 8.25 deck, probably a bit smaller at the nose, with some very soft 56mm wheels (not sure which ones yet). My questions is, would this be a good cruiser or paper? Should I add a riser to it to make sure I avoid any wheelbite?

Concave looks pretty steep, you might be able to get away without risers.

I should also say that my favorite cruiser/mellow downhill deck is my Earthwing.

Steep concave, but not uncomfortable. Forms the best pockets for nestling your feet and gripping the board if you are doing slides with soft wheels

https://www.earthwingboards.com/product-page/team-37

I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #1615 on: July 11, 2020, 05:43:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
p8 tapers to 8.25 in the back so be careful. liked mine with 151s but 9 inch axles might be a bit much

Good lookin’ out. Think I’m gonna go for the 1991/1992 as it’s wider/more shapey, so further from what I usually ride (and their is some setup-porn in the 9” thread that I’m taking as inspo)

Tweekyn

« Reply #1616 on: July 11, 2020, 06:41:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Concave looks pretty steep, you might be able to get away without risers.

I should also say that my favorite cruiser/mellow downhill deck is my Earthwing.

Steep concave, but not uncomfortable. Forms the best pockets for nestling your feet and gripping the board if you are doing slides with soft wheels

https://www.earthwingboards.com/product-page/team-37

Ive never heard of them but Ill check them out. I do love their flat nose style decks. A lot of the shaped cruisers im looking at have a steep nose, which is fine but not the cruiser I’m looking for unfortunately. I’ll keep an eye on this site. Thanks!

YungJugg

« Reply #1617 on: August 23, 2020, 10:28:47 AM »
Still gotta sand my lines, sides, and clear coat and grip it but things too fun and I’m too impatient to wait on the homie for his sander.

Polar Dane
60mm Superjuice 78a
Super Swiss6
SureGrips

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1618 on: August 23, 2020, 06:10:54 PM »
Still gotta sand my lines, sides, and clear coat and grip it but things too fun and I’m too impatient to wait on the homie for his sander.

Polar Dane
60mm Superjuice 78a
Super Swiss6
SureGrips
wow ha wtf. Need another pic once gripped or whatever. Have that deck too. Kinda need to see that bad boy in action.

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1619 on: August 24, 2020, 12:52:43 PM »
Turning 30 next week so thought it was perfect timing to get a big lad set up.

Got a Polar 1991 on the way and wondered if anyone knew if I’m putting Thunder 161s on there whether they are going to be sticking out at the back?

Pictures soon of course x