Author Topic: Post Your Cruiser  (Read 368947 times)

NYRAD

Re: Post Your Cruiser
« Reply #1710 on: May 09, 2021, 10:31:57 AM »
Thanks Guys , pulled some Royals 5.5s 8.5" from my stock as they dont sell as fast as indys and keen to see how they feel as wont be doing any tricks on this setup, got my Girl 8.25" and tensors for That

saltusnaut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
« Reply #1711 on: May 10, 2021, 12:30:38 AM »
Figured this might be the best place to ask... Can you run OJ Super Mini Juice wheels flipped? Just put some on and they hot rod in the rear a touch and sit flush when flipped. I've never ran offset wheels, so I'm not sure.

Thanks to your question I flipped my mini super juices. I like them better now. Before I flipped them they felt kind of grabby when turning.. Like they wanted too do a tighter turn than I wanted.
Now I'm just scared they will grab on coping and curbs.

Onevia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #1712 on: May 10, 2021, 02:03:01 PM »
Yes, easily.

If they feel weird or anything, you can always put them back on the other way too.
Awesome, thanks man.

Thanks to your question I flipped my mini super juices. I like them better now. Before I flipped them they felt kind of grabby when turning.. Like they wanted too do a tighter turn than I wanted.
Now I'm just scared they will grab on coping and curbs.
Ya, they do feel slightly better flipped with my 169's. I'm surprised OJ hasn't thought about taking the less concave side and turning it into a symmetrical wheel (effectively being a slightly wider Keyframe in 78a).

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1713 on: May 10, 2021, 03:08:36 PM »
I flip my Keyframes like this... shallower edge out feels more precise, rolls straight off curbs fine no hanging up

NYRAD

« Reply #1714 on: May 11, 2021, 08:55:34 AM »
Hey all so the Setup is almost done 🤘 just need my wheels but will be Andale Abec 7 bearings i had spare, Royal trucks 8.5" axle
riser pads , Mob Grip , local pressed board just waiting for my Keyframes to arrive now lol

GGK42069

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1715 on: July 06, 2021, 09:04:36 PM »

been having a lot of fun on this one

santa cruz ron whaley deck 8.75
indy 159 hollows
shitty diamond supply 1/8 risers
indy hardware
acid chemical co. "funner formula" classic shape, 56mm, 86a
generic black grip
and huh bearings (san diego homies probably know whats up already but huh hardware/bearings are awesome! out performed my last set of reds for sure)

bombsaway86

• Rep: 152
« Reply #1716 on: August 01, 2021, 12:29:44 PM »

Set this one up for my wife a few years ago, but she rarely rides it. Now that bars are open again I've been riding it a lot. This thing is so fun and the wheels will crush anything in their path.

AH Cardiel 9.18 football deck
Independent 149s
Slimeball 60mm 78a
Reds
1/4" riser

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1717 on: August 05, 2021, 05:57:49 AM »

NOS MPI Jimbo Phillips (6" x 23", 11.125" WB, solid mahogany)
Indy 109s
OJ 60mm Super Juice
Reds, 1&1/4" Panhead bolts

I didn't grip it but I think I might have to put at least a few spots on. Super fun.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 06:10:05 AM by FrozenIndustries »

Shufflessss

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1718 on: August 05, 2021, 08:53:21 AM »
I'm sure someone on this thread knows where I can get one. I'm looking for a flexible Heated Wheel style polarizer board. Any leads? Either a complete or just the deck.
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1719 on: August 05, 2021, 09:28:12 AM »

Indy 109s
OJ 60mm Super Juice

I didn't grip it but I think I might have to put at least a few spots on. Super fun.

That's proper.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1720 on: August 05, 2021, 09:53:58 AM »
Expand Quote

Indy 109s
OJ 60mm Super Juice

[close]

That's proper.

Thanks, and thanks for the 109s. Amazing turn.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1721 on: August 05, 2021, 10:01:18 AM »
I'm sure someone on this thread knows where I can get one. I'm looking for a flexible Heated Wheel style polarizer board. Any leads? Either a complete or just the deck.

@Shufflessss
Kind of cheating to get a ready made complete Polarizer, as I assumed half the fun was sourcing the components and tweaking them yourself but here you go. NB approved.

https://socalskateshop.com/G-And-S-Skateboards-Modified-60s-Surf-Skate-Complete-Green-6x25.html

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #1722 on: August 05, 2021, 07:00:42 PM »

Indy 109s
OJ 60mm Super Juice

Rad! Your name isn’t Jesse is it?
My rain board/dog walker:

Cheap ass penny board trucks with a mix of Bones/Indys, Cadillac 56/78s, old Spitfire cheap shots, some random 1.25” hardware.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1723 on: August 05, 2021, 07:33:37 PM »
Expand Quote

Indy 109s
OJ 60mm Super Juice

[close]

Rad! Your name isn’t Jesse is it?
My rain board/dog walker:

Cheap ass penny board trucks with a mix of Bones/Indys, Cadillac 56/78s, old Spitfire cheap shots, some random 1.25” hardware.

Not Jesse. Your setup looks rad! I just put a little grip on it earlier this evening and it made it way more fun.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #1724 on: August 05, 2021, 09:30:24 PM »

Z-FLEX cruiser, i forget what it's called. They made a bunch of them like seven years ago

Unknown 70's fiberglass cruiser. Bought it on offerup

Shufflessss

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1725 on: August 06, 2021, 07:49:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

@Shufflessss
Kind of cheating to get a ready made complete Polarizer, as I assumed half the fun was sourcing the components and tweaking them yourself but here you go. NB approved.

https://socalskateshop.com/G-And-S-Skateboards-Modified-60s-Surf-Skate-Complete-Green-6x25.html

Thanks! I initially was just looking for the deck but that search was coming up dry.
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

Landmine

• Rep: 184
« Reply #1726 on: August 06, 2021, 04:04:04 PM »
I have a small problem buying AH Eagle decks.  This 9.5" Green Giant is bigger (and heavier!) than anything I've skated since the 80s so it seemed like a better cruiser.  Slapped on some 60mm 90a Rat-Bones and it just monster trucks over everything. 

Still heavy as fuck tho

edit: apparently I've cranked the fuck down on those AF1s, but I swear they're still pretty loose feeling, at least for my fat ass :(
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 04:32:18 PM by Landmine »

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
« Reply #1727 on: August 06, 2021, 09:59:38 PM »
I have a small problem buying AH Eagle decks.  This 9.5" Green Giant is bigger (and heavier!) than anything I've skated since the 80s so it seemed like a better cruiser.  Slapped on some 60mm 90a Rat-Bones and it just monster trucks over everything. 

Still heavy as fuck tho

edit: apparently I've cranked the fuck down on those AF1s, but I swear they're still pretty loose feeling, at least for my fat ass :(

might be a weird q - but are those bones bushings and if so did you find you had to crank down that much for the stock ones?

Landmine

• Rep: 184
« Reply #1728 on: August 07, 2021, 09:49:47 AM »
might be a weird q - but are those bones bushings and if so did you find you had to crank down that much for the stock ones?

Yeah, Bones bushings.  The stock bushings were a bit too spongy feeling for me, and the Bones were nice, but cranking down that much really started to bother me.  I ended up putting the Ace bottom bushing back in (leaving the Bones top bushing in) and that required much less compression, but feels nice for me and the hanger is level with the baseplate again.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
« Reply #1729 on: August 07, 2021, 10:23:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, Bones bushings.  The stock bushings were a bit too spongy feeling for me, and the Bones were nice, but cranking down that much really started to bother me.  I ended up putting the Ace bottom bushing back in (leaving the Bones top bushing in) and that required much less compression, but feels nice for me and the hanger is level with the baseplate again.

interesting! thanks for the answer

hiljentaa

• Rep: 282
« Reply #1730 on: August 14, 2021, 12:55:25 PM »

Old Grey Eagle
8.25 Maglights
56mm 78a Clouds

Kevve

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1731 on: August 15, 2021, 07:28:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Try putting the top washer in again

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #1732 on: August 17, 2021, 11:43:38 AM »
My birthday is coming up and I thought about finally treating myself to a nice cruiser. I´d like to ollie up curbs and maybe take it to the skatepark to fuck around. So I have some questions:

Would it make more sense to get OJ super juices or keyframes?

Should I get a wider or skinnier shape then what I usually ride?

I have been riding 8 inch boards for about 15 years now and usually do a lot of flipping/flatground which I won´t really do on the cruiser.

Thanks for your input :)

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #1733 on: August 17, 2021, 12:09:38 PM »
My birthday is coming up and I thought about finally treating myself to a nice cruiser. I´d like to ollie up curbs and maybe take it to the skatepark to fuck around. So I have some questions:

Should I get a wider or skinnier shape then what I usually ride?

I have been riding 8 inch boards for about 15 years now and usually do a lot of flipping/flatground which I won´t really do on the cruiser.

Thanks for your input :)

Let me start by saying what might be right for me, might not be right for you. Ultimately, it's what feels right to you.

But for my cruiser, I wanted something wide and stable. It wasn't about getting there fast, but rather getting there comfortably. I have a fish shaped old school deck (Natas blind bag re-issue) that I love. I have my cruiser on keyframes as I can get the snap I want when ollieing up a curb and/or over crust when getting to the store/bar, and the keyframes aren't too soft where I bounce off a curb when going for a slappy or two.

Hope this helps.

GGK42069

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1734 on: August 17, 2021, 06:47:56 PM »

haven't tried the keyframes, was planning on trying some but ultimately ended up trying some acid "funner formulas" as both they and the keyframes are 86a, they have a very similar shape and i wanted to try a smaller company. really enjoying 86a for the balance between a smooth ride and functionality of a street wheel. i can definitely ollie, hit some flip tricks, powerslide, and slappys are very fun on them. not sure if i could get the same performance out of superjuices

Robby

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1735 on: August 17, 2021, 08:27:47 PM »
Klein 9.5 dream girl deck
Indy 169s
OJ Super Juice
Red Bones

I kinda wanna get keyframes or ricta clouds for it, but all of the roads and sidewalks around me are pretty shitty so it’s hard to give these up.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #1736 on: August 17, 2021, 08:47:26 PM »
Klein 9.5 dream girl deck
Indy 169s
OJ Super Juice
Red Bones

I kinda wanna get keyframes or ricta clouds for it, but all of the roads and sidewalks around me are pretty shitty so it’s hard to give these up.

beautiful setup..i've never ridden superjuice, but for really crusty roads that's the way to go since superjuice has a wider surface. only had ricta clouds 78a & 92a. satori has some wide soft wheels also but havent tried those.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1737 on: August 31, 2021, 06:24:50 PM »
Been awhile since I've had a cruiser I feel excited about. I had a little mini cruiser set up but I realized I still like to be able to ollie and do some tricks when out 'cruising.'

Anyway, wheel wells were key for this one. Shin Surf shape (Jnr I believe), Ace Classic 44s, Boserio OJ mini juice and Big Ballz 6ball bearings. Stoked to go no risers for once. Scraps of Jessup and some recycled Nike rubber/ Jessup crap (not recommended for gripping a full board with)

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1738 on: September 01, 2021, 11:46:35 AM »
Just coming back to say, I need risers after all. 200lbs + soft wheels + loose trucks... Fine for cruising, not fine for sloppy landings...

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #1739 on: September 16, 2021, 06:15:46 PM »
Just set up this 9.6” Powell flight board with some Ace 77’s, Swiss, and some Powell 63mm clear cruiser wheels. This thing is fun as fuck. Just plowing over cracks/pebbles like nothing.