Author Topic: EA SKATE 3 - coming 2k10 - Watch first trailer!  (Read 6941 times)

seagle

Re: EA SKATE 3 - coming 2k10 - Watch first trailer!
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2009, 09:40:41 PM »
and doing challenges as a team? YEAH DUUUUDE

Baby Gerber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2009, 10:12:31 PM »
man, did they base skate 3 around the 90's or what.
darksildes those flip over things.
It totally looked so realistic.
SYKE!
;)

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009, 11:16:26 PM »
The thing about this game is that there's not much they can do to make it better. It just looks lame now.

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2009, 01:29:30 AM »
anyone who was into snowboarding will know the travesty of amped 1 -> amped 2 -> amped 3

basically what happens is, the first game comes out as a pure simulator of this niche market (freestyle snowboarding, street skateboarding).  aside from the people in the niche, random people pick the game up like, "fuck wow! finally a game where i can pretend to be good at something that is real!". whoever distributes it (ea, microsoft) is like "fuck wow! this game actually sells copies" so they make a second one.

the second one is good as well, a couple departures from pure simulation to make it more appealing to the mass market but still good in the eyes of the diehard fans. sells like crazy, distribution company throws tons more money at the team and the team FUCKS UP MISERABLY. they decide that the reason the sequel sold so well wasnt because of a growing fanbase of the first one, but because of the slight push towards the mainstream audience. they decide that they can sell a shitton more copies and get a shitton more money thrown at them from distributors if they give the game even more mass appeal!

third game comes out and its utter shit. like, so many gimmicks that the core game mechanics are lost in a haze of innertubes and cartoon characters. core fans are disgusted. mass market doesnt care for it. it sells a few copies at first then flops miserably and the distributor (microsoft in the case of amped 3) decides that there is no longer appeal for a simulator of this genre. the franchise dies. anyone trying to make a new simulator gets turned down because of this.

honestly noone gives a fuck about need for speed anymore but every nerd has a boner for the new gran tourismo. nfl blitz and wayne gretzkys hockey collect dust in the bargain bin while madden and nhl are two of the best selling franchises every year.

TL;DR version:    how is the gaming industry so blind to the fact that the mass market actually does love to play simulators

Kirtap

• Rep: 15
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2009, 04:49:48 AM »
I hope you guys understand that the final game won't look like that. It's a really really early version, which explains the lack of textures. And those of you who complain about darkslides, team challenges, "freestyle tricks" and so on.. DON'T DO THEM THEN.

EA has done a great job with both S1 and S2 and I think that S3 will just as great. New city with new spots plus more tricks.. what more can you ask for?

I do agree with chorizo though. Bring back style selection! I hate the way the dude pushes in S2. Loose style is the way to go!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 04:52:28 AM by Kirtap »

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2009, 06:54:35 AM »
Now all they need to do is add Spiderman as a special character.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2009, 07:00:08 AM »
i think it'll be good.  Most of the people involved in it skate, or have a background in skating, so they know what's up.   And they know that the reason the game is so popular is because it allows you to be realistic, so I don't think they'd mess with that.    I mean, the added inverts and one foot ollies to this new one and nobody ever uses it, so I don't care if they keep adding zany tricks nobody will use, as long as they just keep what's already there, and give us a new level, I'm psyched.

graphically, it had more of a skate1 look.  A lot of poeple complained about the look of skate2 saying skate1 was better, which i disagree with, but whatever, not that big of a deal.

The whole crew online battle things, whatever, might be fun, game is gonna kick ass, i'm confident it will....right cuz??

EastCoastLove

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2009, 08:59:10 AM »
i think it'll be good.  Most of the people involved in it skate, or have a background in skating, so they know what's up.   And they know that the reason the game is so popular is because it allows you to be realistic, so I don't think they'd mess with that.    I mean, the added inverts and one foot ollies to this new one and nobody ever uses it, so I don't care if they keep adding zany tricks nobody will use, as long as they just keep what's already there, and give us a new level, I'm psyched.
exactly, the option to skate realistically will always be there regardless of all the new shit they add.

fucking hyped for this game   *will not disappoint*

crailtapper

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2009, 09:22:44 AM »
one thing i absolutely hated about skate 2 was reda. holy fuck. don't bring him back PLEASE.

loophole

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2009, 10:32:49 AM »
one thing i absolutely hated about skate 2 was reda. holy fuck. don't bring him back PLEASE.
you do realise you can just turn him off, right?

crailtapper

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2009, 10:48:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you do realise you can just turn him off, right?

of course i do, but when i'm at a friends house playing the demo, i get a little annoyed/embarrassed by it.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2009, 12:50:54 PM »
anyone who was into snowboarding will know the travesty of amped 1 -> amped 2 -> amped 3

Oh fuck tell me about it. Amped 2 was/is so fucking good, I still play it on my 360 b/c it's forward compatible.

I remember getting the demo for Amped 3 and saying "What the fuck!" out loud multiple times, then deleting it and writing off Amped as a franchise. They made Amped 3 completely different arcade like controls and made it basically an arcade piece of shit little kids game.

BUT......

I think you guys are over-reacting for skate 3. Yea they threw in impossibles and whatnot, but as long as they incorporate it like they did foot plants and no-complys for skate 2 it's not going to make a difference. You can still choose not to do those tricks if you don't want to do them and play the game as realistic of fake as you want (just like how its always been).

I'm stoked it's a whole new city, because honestly, skate 2 was a pretty big let down in that aspect. I was already bored as fuck with the Matrix plaza, rez, old town etc.. I wanted new spots and sure there was some, but the amount of re-used terrain from skate 1 was unacceptable. More like Skate 1.5.

The graphics in this first trailer for skate3 are not impressive at all, but I'm hoping its because its an early build and they have a lot of polishing left to do.

As long as it's basically the same gameplay as skate1 and 2 and the new spots are good and I don't see anything resembling San Vanelona I'll be happy.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2009, 12:54:42 PM »
But I'm sure some of you will enjoy playing it more than you actually skate (will not mention names but you know who you are).

.......You've obviously never lived in Canada for the winter

PFIASB

• Rep: -55
  • Formerly Elmo!
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2009, 03:34:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

If you pre-order it, you get the Black Box park
[close]

JT make sure there's a kid standing near the rail to truck slap
[close]
that should be an achievement.

yeah the whole get in a skate gang is regular unless they unlock some sort of shit talking mode. i also remember another skateboarding video game that was once amazing but started to put out a progressively worse game every year. last i recall it's got some gay plastic controller gimmick going on with it now.
tony hawk was amazing.
i used to love turning on matrix mode and blast high in the sky with jango fett.
thpsug2 was the last good game in the series unfortunately.

i blame it all on EA. if thps had nobody to compete with they would still have their old people and wouldnt have to do outrageous stuff just to keepup

DevilOnEnzyte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2009, 03:56:59 PM »
Hopefully when it closer to being complete, its not as bad as the fail i just watched.
I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.