Author Topic: CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM NEW SEASON  (Read 25918 times)

JunglePOP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 29
  • Art Hellemen where are you?
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM NEW SEASON
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2009, 08:48:32 PM »
The fainting part is classic, i'm getting stoked to see what the Seinfeld Characters bring to the show, I think the season will really pick up then

Stoked its back on, but the I watched Bored to Death, did not like it

i thought bored to death was awesome, and the seinfeld reunion thing looks to be very captivating
Sorry, sometimes I get overly defensive on that point.

SleepyPeePee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 10:14:21 PM »
Expand Quote
i thought it might not be the same but its great.
Left a lot of suspense for how everything plays out in the rest of the season.
Was bambam the mother from homealone? catherine o'hara?
cheryl was looking gorgeous.

[close]
It looked like her in some scenes for sure, others I wasn't so certain.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i miss the blacks
[close]
[close]
You do realize that the blacks are still in the show, right?
[close]

yeah, i do
[close]
I don't get it.

i caught the reunion for seinfield/curb the other day, so i got to see & hear about what the Blacks are gonna be up to & everything for season 7.
Leon is definately one of my favorite characters in the show, so i was agreeing on missing the Blacks in general.
Im having some cable issues right now so i didnt get to watch the 1st episode of the new season last night.
would you rather hear "woo" from the omar salazar pack? i wouldn't. their "yeahs" are genuine, and cool. "yeah" has been the battle cry of skaters for as long as i can remember.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 11:11:44 PM »

I watched Bored to Death, did not like it

on paper, the program shows a lot of promise. But ultimately, the first episode flat-out stunk. I hope the next episode is better.

J. Schwartzman shoulda retired after Rushmore. It would've solidfied his legacy. Now, he tarnishes it on a pretty consistent basis.

Although i did sorta/kinda like his work on The Darjeeling Limited.

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2009, 10:07:47 AM »
^ i thought his darjeeling limited role was entirely legit, but my favorite post-rushmore role of his was a super brief cameo on "freaks and geeks." anybody here get into that show? god it was good. but yeah, schwartzman did a lot of shitting the bed in the past decade.

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 11:08:34 AM »
^yeah i thought he was good in darjeeling too.

that episode was so good on all fronts

yeah dude!

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2009, 01:01:14 PM »
^ i thought his darjeeling limited role was entirely legit, but my favorite post-rushmore role of his was a super brief cameo on "freaks and geeks." anybody here get into that show? god it was good. but yeah, schwartzman did a lot of shitting the bed in the past decade.

Freaks and Geeks was strait up fucking awesome.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2009, 01:54:01 PM »

yeah, his Freaks and Geeks guestspot was awesome and funny as fuck.  He seemed to do his best work when acting was his "side job" when he wasn't recording music. Then he gave up music (for a little bit at least) to focus on acting, and that's when he started picking roles that were pretty shitty. He's fully capable of producing good work . . . he just hasn't done any recently.

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2009, 02:29:19 PM »
i'm definitely waiting for that second rushmore feeling from him. that is a contender for all-time favorite movie. the half-second of bill murray choking on his drink after the "oh are they?" line is incredible. anyhow, anybody have that crazy deluxe version of freaks and geeks with the yearbook stuff? i have the normal box set version, always curious about the XL one. amazing that show is 10 years gone already.
who's got another link to episode 1 of the new curb? tried following the Gipper's link but kept getting cut off. dying for it.

ZipZinger

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2009, 03:35:51 PM »
who's got another link to episode 1 of the new curb?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 03:37:48 PM »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

ZipZinger

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 04:03:21 PM »
thanks dude

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2009, 04:44:28 PM »
i'm definitely waiting for that second rushmore feeling from him. that is a contender for all-time favorite movie. the half-second of bill murray choking on his drink after the "oh are they?" line is incredible. anyhow, anybody have that crazy deluxe version of freaks and geeks with the yearbook stuff? i have the normal box set version, always curious about the XL one. amazing that show is 10 years gone already.
who's got another link to episode 1 of the new curb? tried following the Gipper's link but kept getting cut off. dying for it.
Bill murray is amazing in anything he does, but rushmore was a stand out. "Yeah, I was in the shit"
Let me try again, I copied and pasted the last one from facebook and it got weird.
First, here is where you can find them all:
http://www.surfthechannel.com/show/45.html
And here is the episode:
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=ZGQIL4CF

Are you guys doing some spoiling by saying the blacks are going to move out and be gone? Well, at least we are guaranteed a real horror show scene if/when Larry dumps cancer patient Lorretta.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2009, 06:19:04 PM »

nah, i bought the standard original box set the day they came out. I think the Yearbook edition was reserved exclusively for members of the fanclub or something? I remember seeing them going up on eBay for ridiciulous amounts of money, until recently when they decided to start manufacturing more of them. There's like 2 more discs than the o.g. edition, and the packaging is more fancy. Every single episode of that series was a a complete gem. Character development like that is seldom seen nowadays.

I remember watching the episode where Ken finds out his girlfriend was born with a penis and thinking "man, he's a really good. He should be in more stuff." And now, 10 years later, Seth Rogen couldn't be any more overexposed. He's everywhere.  I'm just happy the majority of that crew is getting work. They deserve all the money in the world solely for their contributions to Freaks and Geeks.

Even though he had barely any screentime, i was laughing my ass off everytime Samm Levine showed up on screen in Inglorous Basterds.

foiedonk

• Rep: 8
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2009, 07:26:20 PM »
Does anybody know who the multi-talented actress that told funkhowser to shutup is? I have been thinking about it for the last few days.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2009, 08:15:31 PM »
Does anybody know who the multi-talented actress that told funkhowser to shutup is? I have been thinking about it for the last few days.
I don't think it was anybody specific. She was being vague and getting frustrated that they didn't get it.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2009, 08:36:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I don't think it was anybody specific. She was being vague and getting frustrated that they didn't get it.

Given the few clues she gave, all signs point to Hannah Montana.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2009, 09:51:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Given the few clues she gave, all signs point to Hannah Montana.
Larry guessed that.
I think it was Alanis MOrrisette

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2009, 11:23:11 AM »
found a couple youtube links for the new curb episode too, thanks gip.
"I'm just happy the majority of that crew is getting work. They deserve all the money in the world solely for their contributions to Freaks and Geeks."-- hell yes. where has linda cardellini been? i know she was on ER for a minute, but has she done anything else much? and i forget the actor's name but "bill" on F&G has been killing it lately! he was great in adventureland. F&G and those actors did a lot to bring on the napoleon dynamite/juno type of lovable weirdo genre that's been so big the last few years or so. might have to break out the box again, it's been a minute.

SleepyPeePee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2009, 12:11:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you guys dont recognize who Funkhowser's psycho sister is???

Kate McCallister from Home Alone, you know.. "KEVIN!"
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 12:13:45 PM by SleepyPeePee »
would you rather hear "woo" from the omar salazar pack? i wouldn't. their "yeahs" are genuine, and cool. "yeah" has been the battle cry of skaters for as long as i can remember.

yeah dude!

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2009, 12:24:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

That's not what they're asking. Funkhowser's sister told Larry and Jeff that someone told Marty to shut-up but she wouldn't say who.

SleepyPeePee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2009, 03:38:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

That's not what they're asking. Funkhowser's sister told Larry and Jeff that someone told Marty to shut-up but she wouldn't say who.

hmmm.. you know what. you're right, i completely misread all of that. im gonna go with LD & say Hannah Montana, can't think of anyone else it would be?

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2009, 12:42:38 AM »
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2009, 12:54:55 AM »

starvingrobot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 25
  • Keep It +
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2009, 12:59:15 AM »
Gip, take it back

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2009, 06:25:21 AM »
"I'm just happy the majority of that crew is getting work. They deserve all the money in the world solely for their contributions to Freaks and Geeks."-- hell yes. where has linda cardellini been? i know she was on ER for a minute, but has she done anything else much? and i forget the actor's name but "bill" on F&G has been killing it lately! he was great in adventureland. F&G and those actors did a lot to bring on the napoleon dynamite/juno type of lovable weirdo genre that's been so big the last few years or so. might have to break out the box again, it's been a minute.

Her only other real claim-to-fame was her role as Velma in the Scooby Doo movies. But i'm not a member of that flick's target demographic so i have no idea if her performance in those films is up to par with her role as Lindsey Weir.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2009, 06:48:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Her only other real claim-to-fame was her role as Velma in the Scooby Doo movies. But i'm not a member of that flick's target demographic so i have no idea if her performance in those films is up to par with her role as Lindsey Weir.
wrong! she's in grandma's boy and she's also in DEE SNIDER'S STRANGELAND

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2009, 11:20:39 AM »

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2009, 11:56:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
wrong! she's in grandma's boy and she's also in DEE SNIDER'S STRANGELAND

damn, why is she failing so terribly? sigh. high hopes.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2009, 07:43:58 PM »
Bump

new episode was great
opening scene was hilarious
i love how it everything circled back again too
should be hilarious having leon and larry only living in the house.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2009, 09:28:50 PM »
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=VZJGNIXG

for the homies who ain't got no fancy ass hbo.