Author Topic: Encounters with Pro Skaters  (Read 147830 times)

work_lurker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 69
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
Re: Encounters with Pro Skaters
« Reply #720 on: February 09, 2023, 04:33:39 PM »
I met Jimmy Wilkins at a friends house a few years ago skating the backyard ramp. Jimmy rolled up with a bunch of Brazilians coincidentally, and was really quiet for probably the first hour. Everyone was having a good time getting along well. I took a break and started talking to the quiet dude and asked him what part of Brazil he was from, and Jimmy proceeds to tell me "I'm from Ohio." Oh.. and then one of the Brazilian dudes stepped off on a pivot fakie or something, and got the WORST sharkbite I have ever seen. Like his Achilles tendon look fully severed. Jimmy took him to the hospital like a good friend would. Maybe about a year ago I bumped into Jimmy at a skatepark, and he fully semi-remembered me. I think he recognized my face, but wasn't sure where we had met. He was really nice, acting like we had been great friends for years. I didn't have the heart to tell him I thought he was Brazilian before, so I left it to his imagination to wonder where we had met and who I really was.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Bumba

• Rep: 32
« Reply #721 on: February 09, 2023, 05:12:59 PM »
I love photography so every time I encounter a pro I take their portrait.

Two that really stand out to me are Tom Knox and Lucas Puig. Both times I asked them they were like "yeah let's go do it over here because the light/background is cool". That really means a lot to me.

My friend met Lizard King when he was 14/15 and Lizard King called his rainbow Krux trucks gay which I still find funny. My friend was pretty bummed out but we all found it hilarious.

Jake Phelps also insulted my mom in a drunk rambling.

My friend met Penny in Barca and because the English connection Penny was like "I'll come chill with the English guys". So it leads to the smoking a spliff together. My friend has some really good Barca weed and apparently Penny contributed some dirty bush weed and ended up hogging the spliff. No one obviously wanted to say anything. On the flip side I've heard of a friend filming Penny and him being really grateful to the filmer. Like he would keep apologizing and saying thank you but obviously it's Penny. It's an honour to film him.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 05:20:33 PM by Bumba »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #722 on: February 09, 2023, 08:24:33 PM »
Kind of a long read but here goes:

Back in 00', when I was in 7th grade, the school district that my junior high was a part of implemented an after school skateboarding program called "Skate Club" that was held every Tuesday and Thursday from 3 PM to 5:30. We had some basic obstacles (quarterpipe, flat bar, medium box, launch ramp, etc.) that would we help setup. Every once in a while, a sponsored skater would show up and skate with us. I remember meeting Rodrigo TX, Lance Mountain, Jani Laitiala, and Ray Barbee within the first year. 

In early 01', I was skating home from school on a day that Skate Club wasn't being held and this black Honda CRV drives passes me and promptly hits the brakes and flips a U-turn. I'm pretty nervous at this point because I'm half expecting it to be someone who is going to fuck with me in some way (this was during a time where it wasn't unusual for random people to fuck with skateboarders). But the car pulls up next to me and rolls the window down and when I look inside, its Richard Mulder. He proceeds to tell me that he got lost trying to find his way to another junior high in the area for a Skate Club appearance and asked if I knew where it was. I let him know that I did and I tried giving him directions. He stops me as I'm giving him the directions and asks if I wanted to just roll with him. Still in shock, I agree and hop into the car.

As we're driving to the school, he asks me if I knew who he was and I said "Yeah, I actually have one of your photos on my binder right now" and showed him my binder that had this photo on it:

He was hyped on it and we just talked skateboarding on the drive there. We get to the school and all of the kids were just shocked that I showed up with him. The session itself was awesome. He was absolutely killing the box. It was the first I saw someone do a fakie 5-0 fakie flip in person and my mind was blown. I remember his flatground game was on point. Popping everything over knee high. He even showed me how to properly pop my nollies and keep them level. Prior to that I would pop and then land on my back truck first. Because of the tips he gave me on the nollies, I actually learned how to pop out of crooks that day without having to just fall off the end of the ledge. Once the session was over, he drove me to my house and hooked me up with a board (a 7.75 funny enough), a stack of stickers, and a Stussy shirt.

All and all it was cool experience. Ran into him years later in Long Beach and he totally remembered that day. Super nice and humble guy.

Great story

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 28
« Reply #723 on: February 10, 2023, 12:57:18 AM »
Encounters, good and bad haha Long stories, but believe me, they are fun and beautiful !  ;D

2010, Premiere of Stay gold in Paris, we were all waiting in front of the cinema, I was with a friend who was also a fan of emerica, and suddenly, pros came from behind, my friend was surprised he even let out a little "Woah" ! Anyway, they had just entered the cinema, and it was our turn.. We managed to enter the first, and when we arrived in the room, romero and westgate were seated, we looked at each other and began to say a "Hello man? What's up? Good?" , this is followed by photos with them. I didn't speak English well at that time, but I was so surprised and happy that they spoke to us directly, and I was surprised how small they were !!

This is followed by after the video, we grabbed Braydon Szafranski to take a picture too, because we were absolute Baker fans (even still now!  :-*), and very very nice and funny, at the time my picture was taken, my camera had a little problem, braydon wanted to take it to look and at that moment, the flash went off, he laughed, but the photo is rather natural and cool ! I remember that after all that, we went back to the hotel dancing and laughing like idiots because we were happy like 16-year-old teenagers !

- Summer 2015, globe demo in an indoor skate park 1 hour from my house. I finally met my three idols from my early days in skateboarding: Haslam, Barletta, Mullen.

I was like a child, I managed to ask Louis Barletta for a photo, who a few days later liked my photo on Instagram! Guy so nice and a bit shy, which I would not have believed !

Haslam very imposing, tall, the beard gives him a mysterious aspect, but also very calm and composed! I didn't want to disturb him too much because he was in the middle of a demo too !

This follows every skater's dream of meeting THE first pro skater he saw on video, the one who started it all.. Mr RODNEY MULLEN. I must say that young people should take into account the inspiration of this guy, humble, intelligent, captivating.. I discussed with him on the reasons which helped him to remain motivated, and of course I told him that it was thanks to him that I started skateboarding, he had tears in his eyes, maybe me too.. In short, I can die in peace !  :-*

- Supra demo, in 2017. Same skatepark as the globe demo. I went straight to Lizard King as soon as I could because he was also one of my favorite bakerboys skaters I told him I was a huge baker and deathwish fan and was thrilled to meet him, he directly hugged me "OHHH YEAH DUDE", and I took a picture with him! The legend of Lizard very open and kind is therefore true haha

I then sat next to Clint Walker during the demo, who was injured. He had an Alan Jackson t-shirt on, and I told him that I was a country music fan too (I had a Johnny Cash t-shirt on), and we talked about that then.

Second and BIG disappointment during this demo and it breaks my heart because it was really one of my favorites from the Bakerboys team when I saw their videos .. Jim greco .. He skated maybe 30 / 45 minutes , tried a very very difficult trick, and failed. I know that Greco's personality is strange from the start, but I didn't expect such a reaction from him.. indeed, end of the demo, it was raining but we were sheltered, and the other pros were with people asking for pictures or chatting. He walks towards me, and I tell him almost the same thing as Lizard and answer me "Yes yes yes I'll be back I'll get the keys", he was looking for who had the keys to get into the van. And answered me this very coldly without looking at me. He then passed me again and went straight into the van to land with another guy.

Decidedly, big disappointment.. I didn't even want to go see him in the van despite the door not being closed. When I saw  lizard king who next was taking tons of pictures and taking the time to chat (while he had his hot dog ready to eat).. big difference in mentality..

- The latest, the Diamond team came on demo in 2018.

We arrive on a spot in the street where the pros were there, and there was jamie foy who was going to throw on a rail of .. 12 steps I believe. Without lying to you .. He put 50 50, five o, front feeble* (*2 tries for this one), lipside .. FIRST TRY !!! This guy is a machine. Not just a machine, also a very nice and open person, I was able to take a picture easily.

At the end of the street session, before going to the skate park for the demo, I went to see Torey Pudwill, who was one of my favorites, and thanked him for everything he did in skateboarding, that it motivates and that I appreciate his mentality. He was very touched and then we took a picture.

Later at the skatepark, I was going to join a friend who was on the other side of the park, and I passed by Pudwill, who had a Belgian beer, I told him that was a good beer, and then I don't know how it happened, but we naturally discussed .. the skate park, its setup, then the mentality of young skaters, of the new generation .. Then my girlfriend came to join us, all embarrassed and at the same time smiling (She finds him very very handsome according to her haha), and he asked her who she was, she said it was my girlfriend, he then released "You are two beautiful people" to us, and she took a photo with him, and then the other pros threw goodies from a box (t-shirt, cap, etc.) and Pudwill leaves, and comes back in our direction after taking two t-shirts from the box himself, one for me and my girlfriend. Such a touching gesture..

Then at the end he tried a trick on a rail landing in 50 50 stall, and i really like the photo, i decided to take a photo of him, and at the end i showed him, he said "nice dude", and we said goodbye after that because they had to catch their train.

A week later, I posted the photo on instagram or my story I don't know anymore, and I see within an hour "Torey Pudwill tagged you in a post", he put my photo on his insta account .. One of my dreams of being shared by a pro for my photos has come true... Torey pudwill is truly the nicest pro skateboarder I've ever met.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #724 on: February 10, 2023, 02:30:45 AM »
Encounters, good and bad haha Long stories, but believe me, they are fun and beautiful !  ;D

2010, Premiere of Stay gold in Paris, we were all waiting in front of the cinema, I was with a friend who was also a fan of emerica, and suddenly, pros came from behind, my friend was surprised he even let out a little "Woah" ! Anyway, they had just entered the cinema, and it was our turn.. We managed to enter the first, and when we arrived in the room, romero and westgate were seated, we looked at each other and began to say a "Hello man? What's up? Good?" , this is followed by photos with them. I didn't speak English well at that time, but I was so surprised and happy that they spoke to us directly, and I was surprised how small they were !!

This is followed by after the video, we grabbed Braydon Szafranski to take a picture too, because we were absolute Baker fans (even still now!  :-*), and very very nice and funny, at the time my picture was taken, my camera had a little problem, braydon wanted to take it to look and at that moment, the flash went off, he laughed, but the photo is rather natural and cool ! I remember that after all that, we went back to the hotel dancing and laughing like idiots because we were happy like 16-year-old teenagers !

- Summer 2015, globe demo in an indoor skate park 1 hour from my house. I finally met my three idols from my early days in skateboarding: Haslam, Barletta, Mullen.

I was like a child, I managed to ask Louis Barletta for a photo, who a few days later liked my photo on Instagram! Guy so nice and a bit shy, which I would not have believed !

Haslam very imposing, tall, the beard gives him a mysterious aspect, but also very calm and composed! I didn't want to disturb him too much because he was in the middle of a demo too !

This follows every skater's dream of meeting THE first pro skater he saw on video, the one who started it all.. Mr RODNEY MULLEN. I must say that young people should take into account the inspiration of this guy, humble, intelligent, captivating.. I discussed with him on the reasons which helped him to remain motivated, and of course I told him that it was thanks to him that I started skateboarding, he had tears in his eyes, maybe me too.. In short, I can die in peace !  :-*

- Supra demo, in 2017. Same skatepark as the globe demo. I went straight to Lizard King as soon as I could because he was also one of my favorite bakerboys skaters I told him I was a huge baker and deathwish fan and was thrilled to meet him, he directly hugged me "OHHH YEAH DUDE", and I took a picture with him! The legend of Lizard very open and kind is therefore true haha

I then sat next to Clint Walker during the demo, who was injured. He had an Alan Jackson t-shirt on, and I told him that I was a country music fan too (I had a Johnny Cash t-shirt on), and we talked about that then.

Second and BIG disappointment during this demo and it breaks my heart because it was really one of my favorites from the Bakerboys team when I saw their videos .. Jim greco .. He skated maybe 30 / 45 minutes , tried a very very difficult trick, and failed. I know that Greco's personality is strange from the start, but I didn't expect such a reaction from him.. indeed, end of the demo, it was raining but we were sheltered, and the other pros were with people asking for pictures or chatting. He walks towards me, and I tell him almost the same thing as Lizard and answer me "Yes yes yes I'll be back I'll get the keys", he was looking for who had the keys to get into the van. And answered me this very coldly without looking at me. He then passed me again and went straight into the van to land with another guy.

Decidedly, big disappointment.. I didn't even want to go see him in the van despite the door not being closed. When I saw  lizard king who next was taking tons of pictures and taking the time to chat (while he had his hot dog ready to eat).. big difference in mentality..

- The latest, the Diamond team came on demo in 2018.

We arrive on a spot in the street where the pros were there, and there was jamie foy who was going to throw on a rail of .. 12 steps I believe. Without lying to you .. He put 50 50, five o, front feeble* (*2 tries for this one), lipside .. FIRST TRY !!! This guy is a machine. Not just a machine, also a very nice and open person, I was able to take a picture easily.

At the end of the street session, before going to the skate park for the demo, I went to see Torey Pudwill, who was one of my favorites, and thanked him for everything he did in skateboarding, that it motivates and that I appreciate his mentality. He was very touched and then we took a picture.

Later at the skatepark, I was going to join a friend who was on the other side of the park, and I passed by Pudwill, who had a Belgian beer, I told him that was a good beer, and then I don't know how it happened, but we naturally discussed .. the skate park, its setup, then the mentality of young skaters, of the new generation .. Then my girlfriend came to join us, all embarrassed and at the same time smiling (She finds him very very handsome according to her haha), and he asked her who she was, she said it was my girlfriend, he then released "You are two beautiful people" to us, and she took a photo with him, and then the other pros threw goodies from a box (t-shirt, cap, etc.) and Pudwill leaves, and comes back in our direction after taking two t-shirts from the box himself, one for me and my girlfriend. Such a touching gesture..

Then at the end he tried a trick on a rail landing in 50 50 stall, and i really like the photo, i decided to take a photo of him, and at the end i showed him, he said "nice dude", and we said goodbye after that because they had to catch their train.

A week later, I posted the photo on instagram or my story I don't know anymore, and I see within an hour "Torey Pudwill tagged you in a post", he put my photo on his insta account .. One of my dreams of being shared by a pro for my photos has come true... Torey pudwill is truly the nicest pro skateboarder I've ever met.

Damn, super cool stories. I feel like in the USA a lot of people would probably feel they are 'too cool' or maybe embarrassed to tell a pro skater how much their skateboarding meant to them so it's cool to hear these stories from someone who is honest and doesn't have that kind of mentality.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #725 on: February 10, 2023, 07:38:06 AM »
at the dime glory challenge last year my sis n i bumped into some pros. most of the encounters were sup, dig ur skating, nice meeting ya, fist bump n bounce.

nick michel is real dope and down to earth. didn’t expect him to stick around for a conversation. bumped into him throughout that weekend and talked abit.

at the event this disheveled ass dude walks into the crowd telling his friend “hey man if berle ever invites you back to his hotel for a party. man just don’t. the dude he just keeps going. it was past 7am and he just kept offering me beers. now just look at this dude up there acting like it’s nothing to him.”

IpathCats

« Reply #726 on: February 10, 2023, 07:44:51 AM »
at the dime glory challenge last year my sis n i bumped into some pros. most of the encounters were sup, dig ur skating, nice meeting ya, fist bump n bounce.

nick michel is real dope and down to earth. didn’t expect him to stick around for a conversation. bumped into him throughout that weekend and talked abit.

at the event this disheveled ass dude walks into the crowd telling his friend “hey man if berle ever invites you back to his hotel for a party. man just don’t. the dude he just keeps going. it was past 7am and he just kept offering me beers. now just look at this dude up there acting like it’s nothing to him.”

Hell yea, I met and chatted with deedz and adrian del campo at the concert that friday before the challenge.

Berle drinks to forget all his previous kits

DERBY

• Rep: 254
« Reply #727 on: February 10, 2023, 07:51:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hell yea, I met and chatted with deedz and adrian del campo at the concert that friday before the challenge.

Berle drinks to forget all his previous kits

hella dope! adrian is jokes. after the sunday show him n his homies took out rental bikes cranking skids and wheelies

lmao berle going hard fr

boogs

« Reply #728 on: February 10, 2023, 09:31:49 AM »
i taught Ben Raybourn how to play darts a couple months ago

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -436
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #729 on: February 10, 2023, 09:58:59 AM »
Posted this on a burner when it first happened but I’m gonna repost because it’s such a good story

Years ago I was hanging out with this douchey starfucker type art wannabe in LES. Invited me to this popup, I didn’t give a fuck but they had free beer and I was drinking heavily at the time so I say eh fuck it why not. Bear in mind I was already at the bar when I got the invite so i was about four drinks deep before i got there and started imbibing. I’m a lightweight so I’m definitely lightly drunk, definitely past tipsy after I help myself to a couple more free brews.

Guy goes “hey you’re a skater right? You probably know my friend Alex, you should meet him.” I shrug it off because I haven’t skated for about a decade and there’s no way I’m gonna know some random local. Waves his friend over, I see him walking up and my first thought is “this dude is fucking unbelievably handsome”, the guy looked like an Uber handsome white Jesus with a big beard that he could actually pull off. Never seen somebody look that pretty with unkempt facial hair.

He flashes me a big smile and shakes my hand, introduces himself as Alex. I suddenly realize he’s none other than Alex Olson. I hadn’t followed skating since Stay Gold and I was pretty drunk so for whatever reason my brain short circuits and I start thinking about Jake Johnson for some reason.

“Holy shit, you’re Alex Johnson?” I say like the small town rube I am

“Alex Olson actually”

“Bro, fully flared was fucking sick” (cringe)

“Thanks man!”

“Haha yeah dude, nice to meet you, I’ll be sure to talk shit about you on slap later” (I have no fucking idea why i said that, I hadn’t even been lurking for years, I just wanted to come off like less of a “I used to skate” guy)

He looks away all sad looking for a sec and goes “that’s fine man”

Walk away and don’t talk to him the rest of the night and try to stare at him when he’s not looking in my direction

Probably the worst interaction with a pro ever, I have no idea why I thought that would be cool to say, he didn’t even look mad he looked genuinely bummed

He was an absolute fucking sweetheart, super nice guy, I feel pretty bad about it

Magnolia

• Rep: 442
  • She/They
« Reply #730 on: February 10, 2023, 11:21:22 AM »
Hahaha oh my god Sizzle. What if you got in his head so bad he couldn't focus on 917?
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

nickpaolucci

« Reply #731 on: February 10, 2023, 11:40:13 AM »

Ric is that you?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #732 on: February 10, 2023, 12:25:05 PM »
Ric Leonetti’s is now a shaman who goes by the name The Man From the Place of Clay.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

boogs

« Reply #733 on: February 10, 2023, 12:38:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ric is that you?
ha! nope

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #734 on: February 10, 2023, 03:02:40 PM »
I saw a creature pro at the park today and was not impressed

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #735 on: February 10, 2023, 03:14:35 PM »
I saw a creature pro at the park today and was not impressed

Which one? I met the creature team maybe 12 years ago at a demo and they were all the coolest guys
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #736 on: February 10, 2023, 08:08:06 PM »
Jake Wooten once went on a 15 minute rant about how my voice sounds like 2 whales fucking

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #737 on: February 10, 2023, 08:12:53 PM »
Jake Wooten once went on a 15 minute rant about how my voice sounds like 2 whales fucking

Was his face all red and his eyes wide?

bardcore

• Rep: -25
« Reply #738 on: February 10, 2023, 08:23:04 PM »
Posted this on a burner when it first happened but I’m gonna repost because it’s such a good story

Years ago I was hanging out with this douchey starfucker type art wannabe in LES. Invited me to this popup, I didn’t give a fuck but they had free beer and I was drinking heavily at the time so I say eh fuck it why not. Bear in mind I was already at the bar when I got the invite so i was about four drinks deep before i got there and started imbibing. I’m a lightweight so I’m definitely lightly drunk, definitely past tipsy after I help myself to a couple more free brews.

Guy goes “hey you’re a skater right? You probably know my friend Alex, you should meet him.” I shrug it off because I haven’t skated for about a decade and there’s no way I’m gonna know some random local. Waves his friend over, I see him walking up and my first thought is “this dude is fucking unbelievably handsome”, the guy looked like an Uber handsome white Jesus with a big beard that he could actually pull off. Never seen somebody look that pretty with unkempt facial hair.

He flashes me a big smile and shakes my hand, introduces himself as Alex. I suddenly realize he’s none other than Alex Olson. I hadn’t followed skating since Stay Gold and I was pretty drunk so for whatever reason my brain short circuits and I start thinking about Jake Johnson for some reason.

“Alex Olson actually”

“Thanks man!”

“Haha yeah dude, nice to meet you, I’ll be sure to talk shit about you on slap later” (I have no fucking idea why i said that, I hadn’t even been lurking for years, I just wanted to come off like less of a “I used to skate” guy)

Walk away and don’t talk to him the rest of the night and try to stare at him when he’s not looking in my direction

Probably the worst interaction with a pro ever, I have no idea why I thought that would be cool to say, he didn’t even look mad he looked genuinely bummed

He was an absolute fucking sweetheart, super nice guy, I feel pretty bad about it
Can I ask you a question
And not to be rude
Has it been 20 years
since you skated, dude?

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #739 on: February 10, 2023, 08:40:00 PM »
Expand Quote

“Alex Olson actually”

“Thanks man!”

[close]
Can I ask you a question
And not to be rude
Has it been 20 years
since you skated, dude?

Now this is a gimmick account I can get behind. 

urban purple

• Rep: 8
« Reply #740 on: February 10, 2023, 10:28:53 PM »
Met bam at an element signing in brisbane australia in 2007 or 8, I was too starstruck to say anything and got my board signed and a pic with him met tosh aswell but we was pretty drunk haha ill post the pic

Met the fourstar team in 2013 i think, got a photo with koston and shane o neill and a pic with cory kennedy super nice guys
I was waiting for my friend at the end of the table where all the pros were sitting and mike carrol was like hey man are you going to the demo after this and i said yeah man ill be there, he said sick and pointed to my hoon skateboards shirt and said do you ride for them? and i said nah haha he said you should because youre a hoon haha. Went to the demo after the signing and the whole team killed it cory kennedy cruising around with that speaker in his hand then he pulled out a Vx and started filming everyone
Brian anderson focused his board after falling and some drunk dude begged him for a piece of the deck and Ba gave him it haha
link to video 

Met the DC team in 2012 was pretty sick Evan smith was wearing a spiderman outfit, wes kremer did the sk8mafia hand sign in the pic we got, chris cole was telling us stories about some chick he went to school with that smelled like shit haha! Mike mo signed my mates nipple, started raining so we went to this indoor park for a demo and the whole team shredded the park. link to the video

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #741 on: February 11, 2023, 01:00:45 AM »

Bulgarian Disco club, 2003

I had the chance to travel around Bulgaria with these legends, skating different towns. Kenny is the best, super nice and friendly, Jerry was bit quite, but also super nice guy. I hope i didn't bother them much, coz i was a little drunken shit during that time.

jaesi25

• Rep: -153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #742 on: February 11, 2023, 06:40:43 AM »
Slap sucks a sick one. It used to be cool. There isn’t even good news and info.

Which skater has the biggest dick?… and you guys are serious.

Leo Romero is powerful fart feces stains.

imo

what i want when i want with who i want how i want.

Baglady

• Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #743 on: February 11, 2023, 03:10:29 PM »

imo
Figgy

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #744 on: February 11, 2023, 03:27:45 PM »
I bought some girl scout cookies off Ronnie Creager a couple weeks ago.

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 45
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #745 on: February 11, 2023, 03:48:29 PM »

Didn’t really want to add to this thread because most of my encounters with pros have been the average “pretty cool dude” or “kind of a prick” scenarios but I have one about Ronnie I think is nice.

This wasn’t an in-person situation but he posted a clip at an amazing looking spot on his IG and I left a comment saying I’d cut my dick off to skate there or something dumb like that. Less than an hour later he sent me a DM like a man and told me “no need to cut your dick off” and gave me the exact location of the spot and even told me what days are busts and whatnot. I’m not sure if I would have done the same. What an absolute prince.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #746 on: February 11, 2023, 10:47:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Didn’t really want to add to this thread because most of my encounters with pros have been the average “pretty cool dude” or “kind of a prick” scenarios but I have one about Ronnie I think is nice.

This wasn’t an in-person situation but he posted a clip at an amazing looking spot on his IG and I left a comment saying I’d cut my dick off to skate there or something dumb like that. Less than an hour later he sent me a DM like a man and told me “no need to cut your dick off” and gave me the exact location of the spot and even told me what days are busts and whatnot. I’m not sure if I would have done the same. What an absolute prince.

Now you have to buy some girl scout cookies from him.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3330
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #747 on: February 13, 2023, 10:12:03 AM »

imo

We all let you down. We're sorry. But trust me I'm very serious about the biggest dick stuff.

I met Lizard King over the weekend and he was so nice...not sure why, but I wasn't expecting that, but he was the sweetest dude.

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #748 on: February 13, 2023, 11:33:12 AM »
Expand Quote

imo
[close]

We all let you down. We're sorry. But trust me I'm very serious about the biggest dick stuff.

I met Lizard King over the weekend and he was so nice...not sure why, but I wasn't expecting that, but he was the sweetest dude.
Everyone I know who's met Lizard has nothing but good things to say about him

emotional_degloving

• Rep: 44
« Reply #749 on: February 13, 2023, 11:38:18 AM »
I saw Harry Lintell walking his dog today while i was warming up. The dog just stared at me (I have an enjoi deck with a cat staring at shit so I think it might have been interested/frightened by it) and he was getting annoyed at the dog not wanting to continue his walk. He gave the dog a light spank and then just decided "fuck this" and carried the dog by the handle on the walking vest.

Nice dude it was just bizzarre.