Author Topic: Bastien is killing it!  (Read 3512 times)

papasmurfsdog

Re: Bastien is killing it!
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2009, 01:55:30 AM »
it's sick he shreds so hard post-superstar status

I bet a lot of dudes would quit and become fat pieces of shit if their careers were revoked

what happened to get him booted from all his sponsors, anyway? I thought i read somewhere that he just peaced out to learn how to play guitar and chill or some shit?
I heard so many times that he was super cocky or something, and the topic seems to come up in so many threads but i can never get a straight answer, the dude rips for sure.

GnArcIsSisTic

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 01:50:19 AM »
tre flip front board? i hate bastien for being so good.

loggedinLurker

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 02:16:14 PM »
i hope he's working on a video part?

It somehow seems like he's more into the random appearances at the park or contests, destroying everything.

ChildoftheGhetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 03:51:10 PM »
I doubt he was super cocky, probably though he deserved more money due to the amount of shit with his name on it that was selling. Then the owner or someone threw that out there to make it look like they weren't shafting him.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2009, 04:10:58 PM »
I was in Barcelona about three years ago...right around the time his sponsors all dropped him...and one of the locals told me he had a terrible attitude.  He would mock other people to their faces while they were trying tricks and he would actually focus his boards after landing whatever he was trying to film and throw everything in the garbage.  His general attitude was just that he was better than EVERYONE and he felt like everyone owed him something. 

It seems likely.  I really don't why else all his sponsors would drop someone who was young/extremely talented/still progressing/really popular.

It also seems like the last few years have had a really good effect on him.  He obviously hasn't quit skating and he doesn't seem so cocky and full of himself anymore.  I'd like to see him do well again.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2009, 04:25:01 PM »
What was he on? Flip, Vans then Etnies, Rust Clothing....seems like I am missing something. At the time the dude was on top of the world. Was he the first black skater to get a pro shoe on Vans?
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!