Author Topic: Post your DIY spots  (Read 163803 times)

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
Re: Post your DIY spots
« Reply #570 on: December 12, 2019, 04:42:36 PM »
Anyone ever make a quarter or some sort of bank out of broken up pieces of concrete or asphalt? 

I found a bunch of various sized pieces we of broken concrete and blacktop asphalt about 2íx 3í give or take. Couple inches thick.  Iím wanting to take as many as I can lift with a friend and then prop them up with cinder blocks and kinda fill in the gaps with concrete or bondo. One end of the diy needs a way to get some speed so a bank , quarter or incline of some sort would be ideal. I just was curious if anyoneís see or done this before if so could you show photos to give me an idea? I think I know how to do it but seeing how someone else has may be helpful.

potpie

• Rep: 14
« Reply #571 on: December 12, 2019, 05:25:28 PM »

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 41
« Reply #572 on: December 13, 2019, 01:10:11 AM »
Expand Quote
The quarter will get an upgrade this weekend.

[close]

is that granite coping? Looks sick!

Yup, its granite. We got them from the local hardware store and rounded the edges for smooth grinding.

curbslayer

• Rep: 11
  • How dose the board stick to their feet ?
« Reply #573 on: December 13, 2019, 01:55:41 PM »
Anyone ever make a quarter or some sort of bank out of broken up pieces of concrete or asphalt? 

I found a bunch of various sized pieces we of broken concrete and blacktop asphalt about 2íx 3í give or take. Couple inches thick.  Iím wanting to take as many as I can lift with a friend and then prop them up with cinder blocks and kinda fill in the gaps with concrete or bondo. One end of the diy needs a way to get some speed so a bank , quarter or incline of some sort would be ideal. I just was curious if anyoneís see or done this before if so could you show photos to give me an idea? I think I know how to do it but seeing how someone else has may be helpful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4aV9c8lIl3/

bad photo but same idea. this was left overs from the last pour that dried in a tub, now it wallies.  just cut in to what ever you prop up and the ground around infront of it. just so the concrete has something to bite in to and you are good. super easy project just make sure its not going to move. 

Michnich191

• Rep: 2
« Reply #574 on: December 13, 2019, 04:12:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The quarter will get an upgrade this weekend.

[close]

is that granite coping? Looks sick!
[close]

Yup, its granite. We got them from the local hardware store and rounded the edges for smooth grinding.

Wish my local store hard granite blocks like that. Super jealous looks fun

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 657
« Reply #575 on: January 23, 2020, 06:10:21 PM »
dont shalom me if you don't know me.

S.

• Rep: 24
    • Fotos
« Reply #576 on: March 16, 2020, 10:38:16 AM »
I made a little DIY. It looks like it's part of a skatepark, but that thing was supposed to be part of an outdoor fitness thing. I painted it and when that didn't really make it slide I bought some clear lacquer and salbasauced it. It is good now. I skated it for the first time today. I hope to turn this place into a little DIY skatepark.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9zVZYHlJFD/

Slappityslap

• Rep: 1
« Reply #577 on: April 23, 2020, 03:02:38 PM »
Any Maine diy around? Pillar skateparks came out and built a really small ď park ď if you want to call it that a couple years ago. Wondering if anyone has built anything around bar harbor.

SŪota

• Rep: 73
« Reply #578 on: April 24, 2020, 08:28:49 AM »
Here is a documentary on the DIY spots here in Grenoble France, don't worry it's in English besides a few jokes:

http://www.confuzine.com/2020/04/18/abatoire-16-diy-grenoble-france/

YungJugg

• Rep: 26
« Reply #579 on: May 31, 2020, 07:24:31 PM »

first time making one of these, came out solid.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #580 on: June 06, 2020, 07:44:42 AM »
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 07:49:25 AM by Krooked antihero »
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #581 on: June 06, 2020, 10:12:07 AM »
Nice place
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

(fake) nollie.

• Rep: -20
« Reply #582 on: June 08, 2020, 05:14:39 PM »
Ugh it's so dirty and these "skateparks" most likely don't even have their paperwork in order, you guys seriously skate places like that? What if someone has to sue?

Hyliannightmare

• Rep: -76
« Reply #583 on: June 09, 2020, 02:21:20 AM »

first time making one of these, came out solid.

One of these popped up in altamonte near where I live and I Love  it.

Glurmpz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #584 on: June 11, 2020, 01:10:47 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBDq4KbhTa6/?igshid=146c75nm9xszq

We made this week ago.

That looks like a fun little zone. I'm all about small transitions. I feel like I'm gonna get broke off once it gets above 4 or 5 feet.

KindaBoard

• Rep: 5
« Reply #585 on: June 14, 2020, 03:55:11 PM »
This build goes a bit beyond a local DIY spot but out in the woods of Vermont exists the Warren skatepark which is a DIY park with the first concrete poured back in 2004. Check out it out on Instagram and follow to see this summer's pour

https://www.instagram.com/warrenskatepark/

Schmaltz

• Rep: -60
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #586 on: July 20, 2020, 11:18:19 AM »

first go at a parking block.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #587 on: July 20, 2020, 01:29:09 PM »
Nice curb. How tall/long is that thing?
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.

SoftCarPrawn

« Reply #588 on: July 20, 2020, 02:44:19 PM »
Really nice curb, well done.  What type of concrete did you use?  If you donít mind sharing secrets..

Schmaltz

• Rep: -60
« Reply #589 on: July 20, 2020, 04:10:52 PM »

This plus:
Rebar
Blue rustoleum spray paint
lumber
gulf wax
caulking

6 ft long and probably 4 to 5 inches high, wish i made it taller but you can always put shit under it to lift it  ;D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 04:22:37 PM by Schmaltz »

SoftCarPrawn

« Reply #590 on: July 20, 2020, 04:48:54 PM »

This plus:
Rebar
Blue rustoleum spray paint
lumber
gulf wax
caulking

6 ft long and probably 4 to 5 inches high, wish i made it taller but you can always put shit under it to lift it  ;D

Iím a quikcrete 5000 kind of guy myself but thatís a great lookin curb dude.  Also, gulf wax is the best shit ever!

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #591 on: July 20, 2020, 09:28:40 PM »
Esmith hipped me to a cool little diy 25 min away from me that I never knew existed.  I didnít make any of this shit, but I am trying to rehab it.  Hopefully these pictures arenít obnoxiously large:

[/quote]

I think all she needs is a little love and affection, and to be treated like a lady.

I sprayed all the weeds and cut all the overgrown vegetation back.  Next order of business is to fill in all the gnarliest cracks.  Kinda want to build a little concrete ledge on top of one of the banks.  The only thing holding me back is that I have no idea what Iím doing.

If anyone has any expertise in working with concrete and doesnít mind explaining it to a mildly-retarded man, send me a PM.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 09:39:12 PM by SneakySecrets »

Hyliannightmare

• Rep: -76
« Reply #592 on: July 21, 2020, 02:21:44 AM »
Esmith hipped me to a cool little diy 25 min away from me that I never knew existed.  I didnít make any of this shit, but I am trying to rehab it.  Hopefully these pictures arenít obnoxiously large:

I think all she needs is a little love and affection, and to be treated like a lady.

I sprayed all the weeds and cut all the overgrown vegetation back.  Next order of business is to fill in all the gnarliest cracks.  Kinda want to build a little concrete ledge on top of one of the banks.  The only thing holding me back is that I have no idea what Iím doing.

If anyone has any expertise in working with concrete and doesnít mind explaining it to a mildly-retarded man, send me a PM.
[/quote]

Awesome discovery all the potential in the world there

YungJugg

• Rep: 26
« Reply #593 on: July 21, 2020, 10:48:22 AM »

[/quote]

Place looks ripe with potential. Cinderblock ledges are really easy to make, and filling in the cinderblocks with crete is a good introduction to mixing crete, as you donít have to stress about it being too smooth or perfect. Iíd start with cinderblocks, angle iron, several tubes of liquid nails and a couple bags of crete.

GardenSkater77

• Rep: 74
« Reply #594 on: July 27, 2020, 07:33:55 PM »
Found this today. PM me for deets.