Author Topic: Post your DIY spots  (Read 196438 times)

Paco Supreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
Re: Post your DIY spots
« Reply #330 on: April 18, 2013, 04:00:05 AM »
That parking block on top of the really mellow bank is more of my style though, I could skate that for weeks.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #331 on: April 18, 2013, 05:20:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
right in front of the shop this sweet slappy spot has been sittin for years. gave it a makeover today.

[close]

What kind of paint did you use?
  Is it just super high gloss red?
[close]

montana black (colour is called "fire rose")

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #332 on: April 20, 2013, 06:26:16 PM »
that itself is too rad! is this why you asked about the kind paint?
it would be cool to see a mellow slab of concrete just on one side of this and not on both sides like its usually seen
cheers on your new obstacle, human condom
keep us updated

Phase two is almost finished. 
All four sides of the twinkie are cooked and we just poured the top slab to cap it off today. 
Bondo on the seams and it's complete!

Phase three: pole jam?

Nick

• Rep: 0
« Reply #333 on: May 15, 2013, 10:58:30 PM »
I am not featured in this video, but I think yall may find stoke in the scene

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #334 on: May 26, 2013, 04:19:35 AM »
Here we are on 4/20/13,

I'm in the back with the shovel, mixing 'crete.

Some locals ripping:

Sadly, our parking block ledge is no more.  Lost to bum country.

R.I.P.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 04:49:04 AM by The Human Condom »

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #335 on: July 22, 2013, 01:27:49 PM »
Our newly made diy in amsterdam

D.I.Y sesh vol. 2
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

coneklr

« Reply #336 on: July 22, 2013, 02:06:32 PM »
Our two newest additions when they were just about done!  Giving them a few days then time to skate!

"barrier"

banked ledge with regular ledge on the backside

benjamindanklin

• Rep: -9
« Reply #337 on: August 02, 2013, 11:57:02 AM »
I'm not in this video, but some homies are. But yeah, our local little diy.

Paraffin Wax

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #338 on: August 13, 2013, 03:28:21 PM »
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

StimCoCruzer

« Reply #339 on: August 13, 2013, 03:46:08 PM »
I am not featured in this video, but I think yall may find stoke in the scene

+1 for Bonzo goes to Bitburg, the greatest Ramones song ever.

Bluntmane

• Rep: -13
« Reply #340 on: August 13, 2013, 03:59:32 PM »
The bridge spot in newport kentucky is popping off, new stuff being built all the time
May 11, 2013 Edit

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #341 on: August 13, 2013, 04:02:29 PM »
Prospect DIY Park. Might not be the prettiest skatepark, but I'm grateful for the locals responsible for it.

Prospect Parkin'

If you care, I do the no-comply 180 line, pivot fakie and the backside disaster line.

JUSTICE BEAVER

• Rep: 6
  • yes
« Reply #342 on: August 24, 2013, 01:00:20 PM »
Painting this badboy tomorrow!
Keenan Forever

nylin

« Reply #343 on: August 24, 2013, 01:34:31 PM »
Painting this badboy tomorrow!

I could skate that all day. Looks so fun.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #344 on: August 24, 2013, 08:45:53 PM »
Anyone ever put pre cast concrete coping/pavers on a ramp? saw some decent sized bullnose at a hardware store and figured it might be worth a shot on my little quarter, i figure just liquid nails should hold it pretty well, does spraying clear coat on the blocks help it grind better or what? i keep hearing about it

JUSTICE BEAVER

• Rep: 6
  • yes
« Reply #345 on: August 25, 2013, 12:56:05 PM »
$$$$$$$!!!!! Filmed some lines on it today! Stoked.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:32:54 PM by JUSTICE BEAVER »
Keenan Forever

Enjoi San Jose

• Rep: -38
« Reply #346 on: August 25, 2013, 01:49:14 PM »
 that shits sick ^

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #347 on: August 25, 2013, 11:33:38 PM »
sick shit guys, got me hyped to post mine - all i have for photos are screengrabs from an old unfinished montage so you will have to bear with me there  ;D

welcome to the dream DIY spot gone (kinda) wrong

so a few years back some of my buddies talked about how they found a bit of concrete poking out of the dirt while they were hiking off trail through the woods by the river one time. we decided to check it out and start digging to see what it was... turns out it was a massive pool from the 1920s, so old it had trees growing out of it.

it took us around 2 weeks of digging to finally have the pool out of the ground, and it was in ROUGH shape. It had been a part of the forest floor for so long that it would have taken an incredible amount of work to make the main bowl skateable, and getting concrete to it was an incredible pain in the ass because you have to descend a very steep slope with a very narrow washed out path to get to it. we decided to concrete the the little bowl then go from there.

we kind of took a "build it and they will come" approach, hoping that some of the other people that would find out and stumble on the spot would realize how sick it was and chip in. its a sick bowl literally in the dark woods in the city where deerman lives, how could this dude not come out here and put some work in to film a part?

anyway, a year goes by and people come by and thrash the place, leave garbage everywhere, and basically no work gets done. I come and do little patches sometimes, some other people have patched a couple spots as well, but only the small part is skatable and its falling apart REALLY fast. my buddies that helped me at first had either moved on, moved away, or had some drug problems or whatever. I think im basically the only person who skates the spot on a regular basis and people generally hate going to the spot other than a couple of my close friends.

i dont get it. the place is so perfect it even seem real to me, but it just got neglected for so long and probably wont ever get fixed up. it might be because people in vancouver are just so sick of getting every half decent spot torn down that they have given up, but it still sucks knowing we never got it together to help this place become as amazing as it should be.

probably gonna fix it up a bit and film a good short montage down there in the fall, ill post it up here when its done  :)

BoAtZ

« Reply #348 on: August 26, 2013, 12:10:36 AM »
sick shit guys, got me hyped to post mine - all i have for photos are screengrabs from an old unfinished montage so you will have to bear with me there  ;D

so a few years back some of my buddies talked about how they found a bit of concrete poking out of the dirt while they were hiking off trail through the woods by the river one time. we decided to check it out and start digging to see what it was... turns out it was a massive pool from the 1920s, so old it had trees growing out of it.

it took us around 2 weeks of digging to finally have the pool out of the ground, and it was in ROUGH shape. It had been a part of the forest floor for so long that it would have taken an incredible amount of work to make the main bowl skateable, and getting concrete to it was an incredible pain in the ass because you have to descend a very steep slope with a very narrow washed out path to get to it. we decided to concrete the the little bowl then go from there.

we kind of took a "build it and they will come" approach, hoping that some of the other people that would find out and stumble on the spot would realize how sick it was and chip in. its a sick bowl literally in the dark woods in the city where deerman lives, how could this dude not come out here and put some work in to film a part?

anyway, a year goes by and people come by and thrash the place, leave garbage everywhere, and basically no work gets done. I come and do little patches sometimes, some other people have patched a couple spots as well, but only the small part is skatable and its falling apart REALLY fast. my buddies that helped me at first had either moved on, moved away, or had some drug problems or whatever. I think im basically the only person who skates the spot on a regular basis and people generally hate going to the spot other than a couple of my close friends.

i dont get it. the place is so perfect it even seem real to me, but it just got neglected for so long and probably wont ever get fixed up. it might be because people in vancouver are just so sick of getting every half decent spot torn down that they have given up, but it still sucks knowing we never got it together to help this place become as amazing as it should be.

probably gonna fix it up a bit and film a good short montage down there in the fall, ill post it up here when its done  :)

wow... people are definitely sleeping on that spot for sure. that looks incredible. definitely looking forward to the video!

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #349 on: August 26, 2013, 04:58:58 AM »
MAGICAL :o
Expand Quote

[close]

wow... people are definitely sleeping on that spot for sure. that looks incredible. definitely looking forward to the video!

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #350 on: September 20, 2013, 06:54:42 AM »
Yo Albatross- Where's that at? I'm down to bring some patcher/buckets of water there to cover those cracks in it if you want my dude... Should only take one load of portland cement (dunno if it's called that outside of new england) bags and gallon jugs of water in a wheel barrow to fix all that shit my man. Also might be fun to add some DIY shit to it yeah? DIY spot thread nah?

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #351 on: September 30, 2013, 03:39:55 AM »
Yo Albatross- Where's that at? I'm down to bring some patcher/buckets of water there to cover those cracks in it if you want my dude... Should only take one load of portland cement (dunno if it's called that outside of new england) bags and gallon jugs of water in a wheel barrow to fix all that shit my man. Also might be fun to add some DIY shit to it yeah? DIY spot thread nah?

yo, its in vancouver.

i went to film a couple new things recently but it was completely thrashed and basically unskatable now. basically gotta wait through the rainy winter to get a chance to do proper work on it next summer. the trail you have to navigate to get to it is not doable with a wheelbarrow and makes getting cement down there a pain, but fortunately it is situated on a riverbank so water isnt an issue (nor is keeping beer cold, and its stocked with salmon).

and yeah we had some serious aspirations for the place man. hot dog in the middle of the big bowl and sub boxes at the top of the banks and shit, adding DIY shit to it would be amazing for sure.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #352 on: September 30, 2013, 05:26:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yo, its in vancouver.

will be out there when i get my passport then my nig

janky858

« Reply #353 on: October 06, 2013, 11:43:18 AM »
this is now gone but was so much fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue9Paup7Fu8

im the one in all black.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #354 on: October 25, 2013, 10:56:33 AM »
this is now gone but was so much fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue9Paup7Fu8

im the one in all black.

could've used a quarter or something. good skating.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #355 on: October 25, 2013, 11:19:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yo, its in vancouver.

i went to film a couple new things recently but it was completely thrashed and basically unskatable now. basically gotta wait through the rainy winter to get a chance to do proper work on it next summer. the trail you have to navigate to get to it is not doable with a wheelbarrow and makes getting cement down there a pain, but fortunately it is situated on a riverbank so water isnt an issue (nor is keeping beer cold, and its stocked with salmon).

and yeah we had some serious aspirations for the place man. hot dog in the middle of the big bowl and sub boxes at the top of the banks and shit, adding DIY shit to it would be amazing for sure.

can you pm me whereabouts this is? im not gonna trash it, i live in white rock and wanna skate this. would also be down to help clean or whatever in the spring, it looks perfect for my horrible skate abilities. also im guessing it didnt get fixed up because its so hard to find?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #356 on: November 06, 2013, 03:09:44 PM »
best method i've found for making ramps so far. needs more 'crete and some bricks ontop of it, but you save alotta cement by using a hollow back and some rebars.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #357 on: January 20, 2014, 12:50:53 PM »

This DIY isn't much, but it's really fun to skate. It's an old building foundation in Harrisonburg, VA. There is a stack of parking blocks right next to it so my friends and I made this spot. The parking blocks grind really well.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #358 on: January 20, 2014, 11:37:22 PM »
^are all 4 pictures the same parking block?

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #359 on: January 21, 2014, 10:34:32 AM »
^are all 4 pictures the same parking block?

Nah there's two at the spot. One is level and the other one slants down.