Author Topic: Post your DIY spots  (Read 196441 times)

shark tits

Re: Post your DIY spots
« Reply #540 on: July 24, 2018, 07:36:52 PM »
hash slasher and i swooped up these pieces of granite detroitus from somewhere and set em on blocks for a manny pad. w/ no adhesive, they're sturdy enough going one way but they're not level.
do any pals have a good idear how to get them all even before we glue them together for all eternity? or should we keep em loose so we can make a gap and noseslide to noseslide like our hero handsclapanan?

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #541 on: August 17, 2018, 06:14:12 AM »
hash slasher and i swooped up these pieces of granite detroitus from somewhere and set em on blocks for a manny pad. w/ no adhesive, they're sturdy enough going one way but they're not level.
do any pals have a good idear how to get them all even before we glue them together for all eternity? or should we keep em loose so we can make a gap and noseslide to noseslide like our hero handsclapanan?

Anyway you could slide a piece of plywood under that one that's dramatically uneven? I am just as clueless and I build spots with whatevers around and angle irons. wood I am decent at concrete however is a sketchy. Stealing granite is rad. fuck em the city probably taxes the shit out of it's residents and a slab of granite isn't going to put you guys in the poorhouse.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

Dr.spraytan

• Rep: 1
« Reply #542 on: September 19, 2018, 04:19:54 AM »
Not sure if this one’s been mentioned, but shoutout to the homie Ben for finding and culminating our DIY in south GA.

https://vimeo.com/117704310

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #543 on: September 21, 2018, 12:49:58 AM »
The quarter will get an upgrade this weekend.

sk84s8n

• Rep: -53
« Reply #544 on: October 26, 2018, 11:25:54 AM »
Putting in work into my backyard diy  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMLMH9raryk

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #545 on: October 27, 2018, 04:30:13 PM »
Not that I could ever skate this shit.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoYt6UEleRi/?taken-by=gutted_world
but tippy, willy akers, and everyone else have made such an insane spot.

calvinsdream

« Reply #546 on: October 31, 2018, 11:26:13 AM »
My first attempt at a diy spot. ended up being more of a bank to rock instead of a qp, but here it is.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #547 on: November 29, 2018, 03:30:35 AM »
what's the trick to getting a smooth transition from a asphalt ground to a concrete quarter pipe up to an existing cinderblock wall? The one I did was working well for a while but after about a month it's starting to break off.

I do live in a very moist area, we have heavy fog every day and the town is built below sea level in a filled-in swamp basically, maybe that has something to do with it?

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

« Reply #548 on: November 29, 2018, 04:29:06 AM »
what's the trick to getting a smooth transition from a asphalt ground to a concrete quarter pipe up to an existing cinderblock wall? The one I did was working well for a while but after about a month it's starting to break off.

I do live in a very moist area, we have heavy fog every day and the town is built below sea level in a filled-in swamp basically, maybe that has something to do with it?

I can only tell you what we are doing. We cut into the asphalt with a disc cutter where the transition would be and break out little chunks in the direction of the quarter(like a few centimeters deep). Then we fill this up with concrete and align it with the asphalt. This results in the concrete being much thicker at the transition of the two materials and less likely to break off. I will try to find some pictures of this for you. Hope this helps.

Edit: Found a picture

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 04:39:51 AM by SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR »

beatifk

« Reply #549 on: November 29, 2018, 05:43:02 AM »
OH! that makes sense, thanks!

I don't have a disc cutter but I suppose I could just hack away at the asphalt a little with a pick ax and then fill in the hole I made with concrete.

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #550 on: December 26, 2018, 08:48:29 AM »
Just as the title says:

Post your favorite 1 one, uno, not two, just one pic of your car

If you have more than one car, thats ok.

No discussions, No pic = post delete.

Ill start:

-Dan

By the way, what automotive auctions websites do you know? I recently investigated http://www.carfrom.us car auction. I found good salvage NISSAN ALTIMA 2008 . I'm glad that i got vehicle record by VIN before buying. It had partial/incomplete repair  damage. Be safe and constantly run car history report before buying.
Yeah, look at this salvage! Great find!
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

Just Giver

• Rep: 17
« Reply #551 on: January 22, 2019, 04:01:16 PM »
My friends and I added some new features to our DIY a few weeks back. 

curbslayer

• Rep: 9
  • How dose the board stick to their feet ?
« Reply #552 on: March 08, 2019, 01:01:14 PM »

Ed boy

• Rep: 79
« Reply #553 on: March 10, 2019, 10:53:53 PM »
Built a PVC pipe ledge with some homies. Spot's got lights and everything.

http://7ply.home.blog/2019/02/28/building-a-diy-ledge/

http://www.instagram.com/p/BuhnTB2h2Zz/

calvinsdream

« Reply #554 on: March 11, 2019, 01:54:46 PM »

sk8bones

• Rep: -15
« Reply #555 on: April 05, 2019, 11:37:25 AM »

Any hints on this? I'm in Houston.

Contact Cockfight or Beantooth Skateshop is where I would start. Actually I'd start at EZ-7 ditch then go look for Burgside.

OKC NW 10th and Pennsylvania Avenue east of and across the street from the Salvation Army.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvw5B8lBE-0/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1jstwfr7g8jul

Finished this on Sunday.

curbslayer

« Reply #556 on: April 05, 2019, 12:56:13 PM »

Any hints on this? I'm in Houston.

HarrisBURG and Oakhurst get some we just added to it 2 weeks ago 

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 115
« Reply #557 on: April 06, 2019, 05:51:57 PM »

gaunt

• Rep: 104
« Reply #558 on: May 26, 2019, 06:38:40 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXZkUEisVko

The Ridge was a pretty popular Baltimore DIY back in the day. Has been dead for long time now but definitely deserves a mention

edit: K-town is still alive and still crusty af though

https://www.gofundme.com/ktown-skate-spot-improvements
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 06:46:48 PM by gaunt »

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #559 on: June 04, 2019, 11:12:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I can only tell you what we are doing. We cut into the asphalt with a disc cutter where the transition would be and break out little chunks in the direction of the quarter(like a few centimeters deep). Then we fill this up with concrete and align it with the asphalt. This results in the concrete being much thicker at the transition of the two materials and less likely to break off. I will try to find some pictures of this for you. Hope this helps.

Im try to repair a broken transition where it meets the cement and some chips in the concrete coping. I don’t have a disc cutter but I can probably get one from work. But would bondo or a concrete patch or filler do the job for both? Any tips tricks is appreciated.

XS Progression

• Rep: -47
« Reply #560 on: June 04, 2019, 11:26:46 AM »
Video opens up with my local DIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNi61YL6SqQ&t=8s

curbslayer

« Reply #561 on: June 04, 2019, 11:38:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Im try to repair a broken transition where it meets the cement and some chips in the concrete coping. I don’t have a disc cutter but I can probably get one from work. But would bondo or a concrete patch or filler do the job for both? Any tips tricks is appreciated.

you have to cut down or it will just brake out again.it sucks but nothing works better. use concrete vinyl patch to fix it. holds up the best in my experience. just dont make it too muddy or dry think sand castle consistency. 

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

« Reply #562 on: June 24, 2019, 12:53:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

you have to cut down or it will just brake out again.it sucks but nothing works better. use concrete vinyl patch to fix it. holds up the best in my experience. just dont make it too muddy or dry think sand castle consistency.

You can try asphalt patch/sealer for the cracks at the bottom. It is more flexible and will work better than concrete but is kind of expensive.

Repairing broken concrete coping is a recurring job because the trucks will break the filler eventually. Better to take it of and remodel the coping as a whole with granite or something.

Glurmpz

« Reply #563 on: June 30, 2019, 05:56:07 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzWgqnWlil8/

Checked this one out In Burnaby today (just next to Vancouver), not really that good - yet. Seems like it has some potential if they make some better ledges and patch up a lot of the ground.

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

« Reply #564 on: October 08, 2019, 05:08:27 AM »

We built a new spine. It´s pretty fun.

beatifk

« Reply #565 on: December 03, 2019, 08:27:38 AM »
Has anyone had any experience/luck filling in a ground that's made of thousands of mini pebbles (like aquarium pebbles but attached to the ground) with a layer of concrete?

There is a plaza near my house that would be perfect but the ground is fucking awful. I want to try to smooth it out.

It's a pretty abandoned park, but quite visible, so I'd need to do it small areas at a time. Like 2 bags of concrete mixed up, spread down, let it dry, then go back a few days later and do another section.

curbslayer

« Reply #566 on: December 03, 2019, 02:10:59 PM »
did this once in a shit ditch by my house. i would try a bag of mortar instead of concrete. concrete is would just add more rocks the mortar will grab the already existing rock   

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #567 on: December 11, 2019, 10:18:47 AM »
Quikrete makes a resurfacer that's fairly cheap and easy to apply. Mix it and put it down with a squeegee 

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #568 on: December 11, 2019, 07:59:48 PM »
The quarter will get an upgrade this weekend.

is that granite coping? Looks sick!

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #569 on: December 12, 2019, 04:42:36 PM »
Anyone ever make a quarter or some sort of bank out of broken up pieces of concrete or asphalt? 

I found a bunch of various sized pieces we of broken concrete and blacktop asphalt about 2’x 3’ give or take. Couple inches thick.  I’m wanting to take as many as I can lift with a friend and then prop them up with cinder blocks and kinda fill in the gaps with concrete or bondo. One end of the diy needs a way to get some speed so a bank , quarter or incline of some sort would be ideal. I just was curious if anyone’s see or done this before if so could you show photos to give me an idea? I think I know how to do it but seeing how someone else has may be helpful.