Author Topic: Post your DIY spots  (Read 196404 times)

potpie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
Re: Post your DIY spots
« Reply #570 on: December 12, 2019, 05:25:28 PM »

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #571 on: December 13, 2019, 01:10:11 AM »
Expand Quote
The quarter will get an upgrade this weekend.

[close]

is that granite coping? Looks sick!

Yup, its granite. We got them from the local hardware store and rounded the edges for smooth grinding.

curbslayer

• Rep: 9
  • How dose the board stick to their feet ?
« Reply #572 on: December 13, 2019, 01:55:41 PM »
Anyone ever make a quarter or some sort of bank out of broken up pieces of concrete or asphalt? 

I found a bunch of various sized pieces we of broken concrete and blacktop asphalt about 2’x 3’ give or take. Couple inches thick.  I’m wanting to take as many as I can lift with a friend and then prop them up with cinder blocks and kinda fill in the gaps with concrete or bondo. One end of the diy needs a way to get some speed so a bank , quarter or incline of some sort would be ideal. I just was curious if anyone’s see or done this before if so could you show photos to give me an idea? I think I know how to do it but seeing how someone else has may be helpful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4aV9c8lIl3/

bad photo but same idea. this was left overs from the last pour that dried in a tub, now it wallies.  just cut in to what ever you prop up and the ground around infront of it. just so the concrete has something to bite in to and you are good. super easy project just make sure its not going to move. 

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #573 on: December 13, 2019, 04:12:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The quarter will get an upgrade this weekend.

[close]

is that granite coping? Looks sick!
[close]

Yup, its granite. We got them from the local hardware store and rounded the edges for smooth grinding.

Wish my local store hard granite blocks like that. Super jealous looks fun

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #574 on: January 23, 2020, 06:10:21 PM »
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #575 on: March 16, 2020, 10:38:16 AM »
I made a little DIY. It looks like it's part of a skatepark, but that thing was supposed to be part of an outdoor fitness thing. I painted it and when that didn't really make it slide I bought some clear lacquer and salbasauced it. It is good now. I skated it for the first time today. I hope to turn this place into a little DIY skatepark.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9zVZYHlJFD/

Slappityslap

• Rep: 1
« Reply #576 on: April 23, 2020, 03:02:38 PM »
Any Maine diy around? Pillar skateparks came out and built a really small “ park “ if you want to call it that a couple years ago. Wondering if anyone has built anything around bar harbor.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #577 on: April 24, 2020, 08:28:49 AM »
Here is a documentary on the DIY spots here in Grenoble France, don't worry it's in English besides a few jokes:

http://www.confuzine.com/2020/04/18/abatoire-16-diy-grenoble-france/

YungJugg

• Rep: 225
« Reply #578 on: May 31, 2020, 07:24:31 PM »

first time making one of these, came out solid.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 10:42:52 PM by YungJugg »

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #579 on: June 06, 2020, 07:44:42 AM »
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 07:49:25 AM by Krooked antihero »
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #580 on: June 06, 2020, 10:12:07 AM »
Nice place
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

(fake) nollie.

• Rep: -23
« Reply #581 on: June 08, 2020, 05:14:39 PM »
Ugh it's so dirty and these "skateparks" most likely don't even have their paperwork in order, you guys seriously skate places like that? What if someone has to sue?

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #582 on: June 09, 2020, 02:21:20 AM »

first time making one of these, came out solid.

One of these popped up in altamonte near where I live and I Love  it.

Glurmpz

« Reply #583 on: June 11, 2020, 01:10:47 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBDq4KbhTa6/?igshid=146c75nm9xszq

We made this week ago.

That looks like a fun little zone. I'm all about small transitions. I feel like I'm gonna get broke off once it gets above 4 or 5 feet.

KindaBoard

• Rep: 5
« Reply #584 on: June 14, 2020, 03:55:11 PM »
This build goes a bit beyond a local DIY spot but out in the woods of Vermont exists the Warren skatepark which is a DIY park with the first concrete poured back in 2004. Check out it out on Instagram and follow to see this summer's pour

https://www.instagram.com/warrenskatepark/

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #585 on: July 20, 2020, 11:18:19 AM »

first go at a parking block.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #586 on: July 20, 2020, 01:29:09 PM »
Nice curb. How tall/long is that thing?

SoftCarPrawn

« Reply #587 on: July 20, 2020, 02:44:19 PM »
Really nice curb, well done.  What type of concrete did you use?  If you don’t mind sharing secrets..

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #588 on: July 20, 2020, 04:10:52 PM »

This plus:
Rebar
Blue rustoleum spray paint
lumber
gulf wax
caulking

6 ft long and probably 4 to 5 inches high, wish i made it taller but you can always put shit under it to lift it  ;D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 04:22:37 PM by Schmaltz »

SoftCarPrawn

« Reply #589 on: July 20, 2020, 04:48:54 PM »

This plus:
Rebar
Blue rustoleum spray paint
lumber
gulf wax
caulking

6 ft long and probably 4 to 5 inches high, wish i made it taller but you can always put shit under it to lift it  ;D

I’m a quikcrete 5000 kind of guy myself but that’s a great lookin curb dude.  Also, gulf wax is the best shit ever!

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #590 on: July 20, 2020, 09:28:40 PM »
Esmith hipped me to a cool little diy 25 min away from me that I never knew existed.  I didn’t make any of this shit, but I am trying to rehab it.  Hopefully these pictures aren’t obnoxiously large:

[/quote]

I think all she needs is a little love and affection, and to be treated like a lady.

I sprayed all the weeds and cut all the overgrown vegetation back.  Next order of business is to fill in all the gnarliest cracks.  Kinda want to build a little concrete ledge on top of one of the banks.  The only thing holding me back is that I have no idea what I’m doing.

If anyone has any expertise in working with concrete and doesn’t mind explaining it to a mildly-regular man, send me a PM.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 09:39:12 PM by SneakySecrets »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #591 on: July 21, 2020, 02:21:44 AM »
Esmith hipped me to a cool little diy 25 min away from me that I never knew existed.  I didn’t make any of this shit, but I am trying to rehab it.  Hopefully these pictures aren’t obnoxiously large:

I think all she needs is a little love and affection, and to be treated like a lady.

I sprayed all the weeds and cut all the overgrown vegetation back.  Next order of business is to fill in all the gnarliest cracks.  Kinda want to build a little concrete ledge on top of one of the banks.  The only thing holding me back is that I have no idea what I’m doing.

If anyone has any expertise in working with concrete and doesn’t mind explaining it to a mildly-regular man, send me a PM.
[/quote]

Awesome discovery all the potential in the world there

YungJugg

• Rep: 225
« Reply #592 on: July 21, 2020, 10:48:22 AM »

[/quote]

Place looks ripe with potential. Cinderblock ledges are really easy to make, and filling in the cinderblocks with crete is a good introduction to mixing crete, as you don’t have to stress about it being too smooth or perfect. I’d start with cinderblocks, angle iron, several tubes of liquid nails and a couple bags of crete.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #593 on: July 27, 2020, 07:33:55 PM »
Found this today. PM me for deets.

sk84s8n

• Rep: -53
« Reply #594 on: October 11, 2020, 12:26:59 PM »
Any Maine diy around? Pillar skateparks came out and built a really small “ park “ if you want to call it that a couple years ago. Wondering if anyone has built anything around bar harbor.

Rust in Lewiston was demo'd.  Check on Weird Wood in S. Berwick.  Dover NH has some. 

Cellular

• Rep: 16
« Reply #595 on: November 06, 2020, 08:32:32 AM »
Found an old diy down this trail by my house, needs a little repair, and Im stuck on what to add, any suggestions?

Old wood with rusty nails, not reusable,
upload pic

Dragged this parking block all the way down here

host image

Theres this crack thats decent, what would be the best way to patch it?

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

Chookilara

• Rep: -20
« Reply #596 on: November 23, 2020, 07:37:16 AM »
Found an old diy down this trail by my house, needs a little repair, and Im stuck on what to add, any suggestions?

Old wood with rusty nails, not reusable,
upload pic

Dragged this parking block all the way down here

host image

Theres this crack thats decent, what would be the best way to patch it?

bondo that big motherfucking crack. you could crete it also cause bondo is for pussies. but bond will do

IpathCats

« Reply #597 on: November 23, 2020, 09:55:29 AM »

My friends and I built everything here. We had a legit little operation running here for a while, I was getting donations and putting all the money back into the spot. Eventually kids started trashing the place, re clogged the drain that we had previously cleared, saw one dickhead smashing brand new cinderblocks I had bought with donated money, some asshole used a pole jam that used to be there to chisel the face of the big qp's in the back, so we bailed on it. I heard some kid overdosed and died back there. Here's a pic my buddy sent me recently of so much water in the place that someone dumped a fucking jet ski in there.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 10:40:24 AM by IpathCats »

sketchyrider

« Reply #598 on: November 23, 2020, 10:43:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My friends and I built everything here. We had a legit little operation running here for a while, I was getting donations and putting all the money back into the spot. Eventually kids started trashing the place, re clogged the drain that we had previously cleared, saw one dickhead smashing brand new cinderblocks I had bought with donated money, some asshole used a pole jam that used to be there to just chisel the face of the big qp's in the back, so I just bailed on it. I heard some kid overdosed and died back there. Here's a pic my buddy sent me recently. 

such is the fate of DIY's sometimes, there was a shitty and slightly dangerous one set up at an abandoned bball court, but it was fun to skate. there was a beat up quarter, a ramp and a box, some grindable shit, a crummy bench with angle iron. i brought some nice cinder blocks to stack under a makeshift flat bar and to keep the box steady.

eventually it seemed like there were warring factions between the people who were showing it love and kids who were hell bent on destroying it. cinder blocks were quickly smashed and there was a firepit at the center, for some reason.

everything was gone when i checked it at some point, probably the town tired of having shitty kids meet there and burning shit.

not sure why people couldn't act communal even for a freakin DIY, but non-skaters love hanging around skateboarding for some reason, even when they don't contribute at all.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #599 on: November 23, 2020, 05:02:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My friends and I built everything here. We had a legit little operation running here for a while, I was getting donations and putting all the money back into the spot. Eventually kids started trashing the place, re clogged the drain that we had previously cleared, saw one dickhead smashing brand new cinderblocks I had bought with donated money, some asshole used a pole jam that used to be there to chisel the face of the big qp's in the back, so we bailed on it. I heard some kid overdosed and died back there. Here's a pic my buddy sent me recently of so much water in the place that someone dumped a fucking jet ski in there.

Sending you a PM.  I was just there and was so fucking bummed to see it was a lake.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.