Author Topic: Post your DIY spots  (Read 196421 times)

Cellular

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
Re: Post your DIY spots
« Reply #600 on: November 23, 2020, 10:14:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Esmith hipped me to a cool little diy 25 min away from me that I never knew existed.  I didn’t make any of this shit, but I am trying to rehab it.  Hopefully these pictures aren’t obnoxiously large:

I think all she needs is a little love and affection, and to be treated like a lady.

I sprayed all the weeds and cut all the overgrown vegetation back.  Next order of business is to fill in all the gnarliest cracks.  Kinda want to build a little concrete ledge on top of one of the banks.  The only thing holding me back is that I have no idea what I’m doing.

If anyone has any expertise in working with concrete and doesn’t mind explaining it to a mildly-regular man, send me a PM.
[close]

My friends and I built everything here. We had a legit little operation running here for a while, I was getting donations and putting all the money back into the spot. Eventually kids started trashing the place, re clogged the drain that we had previously cleared, saw one dickhead smashing brand new cinderblocks I had bought with donated money, some asshole used a pole jam that used to be there to chisel the face of the big qp's in the back, so we bailed on it. I heard some kid overdosed and died back there. Here's a pic my buddy sent me recently of so much water in the place that someone dumped a fucking jet ski in there.

a working one?? does it have keys?

sorry bout the spot man that really blows

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

Cellular

« Reply #601 on: November 23, 2020, 10:16:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Found an old diy down this trail by my house, needs a little repair, and Im stuck on what to add, any suggestions?

Old wood with rusty nails, not reusable,
upload pic

Dragged this parking block all the way down here

host image

Theres this crack thats decent, what would be the best way to patch it?

[close]

bondo that big motherfucking crack. you could crete it also cause bondo is for pussies. but bond will do

dope.  got the green light, property owners didnt move my shit so I think its good to go

IpathCats

« Reply #602 on: November 24, 2020, 05:54:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Esmith hipped me to a cool little diy 25 min away from me that I never knew existed.  I didn’t make any of this shit, but I am trying to rehab it.  Hopefully these pictures aren’t obnoxiously large:

I think all she needs is a little love and affection, and to be treated like a lady.

I sprayed all the weeds and cut all the overgrown vegetation back.  Next order of business is to fill in all the gnarliest cracks.  Kinda want to build a little concrete ledge on top of one of the banks.  The only thing holding me back is that I have no idea what I’m doing.

If anyone has any expertise in working with concrete and doesn’t mind explaining it to a mildly-regular man, send me a PM.
[close]

My friends and I built everything here. We had a legit little operation running here for a while, I was getting donations and putting all the money back into the spot. Eventually kids started trashing the place, re clogged the drain that we had previously cleared, saw one dickhead smashing brand new cinderblocks I had bought with donated money, some asshole used a pole jam that used to be there to chisel the face of the big qp's in the back, so we bailed on it. I heard some kid overdosed and died back there. Here's a pic my buddy sent me recently of so much water in the place that someone dumped a fucking jet ski in there.

[close]

I wasn't about to wade in those diseased waters for the small chance of there being keys in that beat ass jetski.

Cellular

« Reply #603 on: November 24, 2020, 07:56:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I wasn't about to wade in those diseased waters for the small chance of there being keys in that beat ass jetski.

idk man its worth a shot

Flip260z

• Rep: 7
« Reply #604 on: November 25, 2020, 12:47:42 AM »
We got a pretty solid thing going over in Jackson, MS. Call it millstreetdiy. Owner of the property gave us permission 5 years ago and we have been building shit there ever since. Have had nikesb, chet childress and some quasi dudes come through and skate it as well. Its right downtown. Jackson is poor as fuck and everyone leaves the cities for the suburbs come 5pm. We have the main big section with most of the transition and then a section further down called street league that has all the railes and ledges etc.

insta
https://www.instagram.com/millstreetdiy/

chet
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCJRrCwlFU4/

skankiee
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhNLsoojn0y/

google maps
https://goo.gl/maps/STaiGmgm6x3tp5FZ9

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #605 on: November 25, 2020, 08:32:01 AM »
I’m gonna make a cinder block ledge. I don’t wanna use angle iron to cap it. Do you guys know which would hold up better to cap off the ledge. Either a cement paved block or brick? I can’t swing marble etc.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #606 on: November 25, 2020, 10:17:57 AM »
I’m gonna make a cinder block ledge. I don’t wanna use angle iron to cap it. Do you guys know which would hold up better to cap off the ledge. Either a cement paved block or brick? I can’t swing marble etc.
How long do you need? I'd make a form the same way I make curbs. Use the concrete blocks like granite.

IpathCats

« Reply #607 on: November 25, 2020, 11:07:28 AM »

There's a reason most people just use angle iron. But if you insist on not doing it that way, and you can't afford marble or granite, the best option would be to do high psi poured concrete, and water cure it as much as possible. That's what they use at nice skateparks for pool coping blocks. It definitely adds a lot of time and work though, and there's not much room for error because it will just crumble pretty quick if you mess up. You could always just steal a curb from somewhere, and put it in top of some concrete filled cinderblocks. Either use adhesive or rebar it in with the concrete still wet. 

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #608 on: November 25, 2020, 01:56:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There's a reason most people just use angle iron. But if you insist on not doing it that way, and you can't afford marble or granite, the best option would be to do high psi poured concrete, and water cure it as much as possible. That's what they use at nice skateparks for pool coping blocks. It definitely adds a lot of time and work though, and there's not much room for error because it will just crumble pretty quick if you mess up. You could always just steal a curb from somewhere, and put it in top of some concrete filled cinderblocks. Either use adhesive or rebar it in with the concrete still wet.

Damn maybe I’ll use angle iron. I just somehow always chip my board on on angle iron. Idk why. I’m sure it’s something in how I’m doing slides/grinds that touch the nose. That was my main concern with angle iron. But the spot I’m wanting to build at isn’t the normal diy it’s another spot that I’m unsure how long it will all last and unsure on the bust factor. So I was gonna liquid nails the cinder blocks in place and see how long it last. And if it lasts continue to add on or rebuild better. Just for the tria run I didn’t wanna sink to much time and effort if it gets destroyed in a few days. I appreciate the help guys will post pics when it’s done and if it lasts

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #609 on: November 25, 2020, 03:08:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
How long do you need? I'd make a form the same way I make curbs. Use the concrete blocks like granite.

I just did this recently came out great. But definitely a lot more work. I’ll post pics soon

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 162
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #610 on: November 25, 2020, 06:09:02 PM »
We got a pretty solid thing going over in Jackson, MS. Call it millstreetdiy. Owner of the property gave us permission 5 years ago and we have been building shit there ever since. Have had nikesb, chet childress and some quasi dudes come through and skate it as well. Its right downtown. Jackson is poor as fuck and everyone leaves the cities for the suburbs come 5pm. We have the main big section with most of the transition and then a section further down called street league that has all the railes and ledges etc.

insta

chet

skankiee

google maps

google says that I'm over 17 hundred miles from the slab. It would take 6 hours to fly, 26 hours to drive, 48 hours by train, 150 hours by bicycle and 645 hours if I walk it.

I'll start stepping

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 162
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #611 on: November 25, 2020, 06:21:07 PM »

check the free sections for granite or kitchen. you can cut it with a $30 Harbor Freight grinder and a $10 diamond cut of and glue it with a $5 tube of glue

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/zip/d/san-diego-granite/7236280191.html

https://cnj.craigslist.org/zip/d/edison-free-granite-pieces-broken/7216233296.html

Flip260z

• Rep: 7
« Reply #612 on: November 25, 2020, 08:49:57 PM »
Expand Quote

insta

chet

skankiee

google maps
[close]

google says that I'm over 17 hundred miles from the slab. It would take 6 hours to fly, 26 hours to drive, 48 hours by train, 150 hours by bicycle and 645 hours if I walk it.

I'll start stepping

haha bet... i got a couch for when you eventually make it lol

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #613 on: November 26, 2020, 01:42:49 PM »
this dudes channel shows you how to do everything, very informative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPC3HBjurBE

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #614 on: December 01, 2020, 11:15:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I just did this recently came out great. But definitely a lot more work. I’ll post pics soon

Awesome thank you!

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #615 on: December 02, 2020, 03:36:09 PM »
this dudes channel shows you how to do everything, very informative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPC3HBjurBE

Nice.  At first I thought he was kind of a doofus but that’s really a handy little video.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #616 on: December 03, 2020, 02:35:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Awesome thank you!

Here’s a pic. I decided to paint them with grey enamel paint but I’m super disappoint in it it’s already chipping up in areas I haven’t even skated. Other than that I’m Stoked on them. If you have questions feel free to PM me. Like I said turned out great but a TON of work.

IpathCats

« Reply #617 on: December 03, 2020, 07:27:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Awesome thank you!
[close]

Here’s a pic. I decided to paint them with grey enamel paint but I’m super disappoint in it it’s already chipping up in areas I haven’t even skated. Other than that I’m Stoked on them. If you have questions feel free to PM me. Like I said turned out great but a TON of work.

Damn dude, this looks really well done. Did you water cure it?

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #618 on: December 04, 2020, 12:09:08 PM »
No water cure, i would have liked to, but I didn’t have a container big enough or time to make one. Also no one to help me move them (made 2)

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
Cocteau Twins

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #620 on: January 09, 2021, 09:03:21 PM »
No water cure, i would have liked to, but I didn’t have a container big enough or time to make one. Also no one to help me move them (made 2)
Old bath towels soaking wet and plastic sheeting works almost as good. Just soak enough towels to keep it wet, cover it with plastic. Place rocks around plastic strategically to keep plastic from flying and hold moisture in.

Edit: forgot to say, dump more water on towels daily to keep them soaking wet.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 06:00:42 AM by layzieyez »

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #621 on: January 12, 2021, 01:41:20 PM »
Cocteau Twins

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #622 on: April 12, 2021, 10:10:30 PM »
Foto are to big but the firs minute of the video is at my local park all the spot are DiY

Masshole

• Rep: 23
« Reply #623 on: April 14, 2021, 12:01:29 PM »

My local DIY as of monday :(

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #624 on: April 14, 2021, 01:22:26 PM »

Is that Fancy Lad skate rink?

Masshole

« Reply #625 on: April 14, 2021, 01:29:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yes sir, had a nice sendoff for it this past weekend. It was supposed to be torn down last march but COVID blessed us with another 13 months of crust

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #626 on: April 14, 2021, 08:36:16 PM »
that jetski is fucking hilarious. hope you got your spot back though

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #627 on: April 30, 2021, 05:58:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

yes sir, had a nice sendoff for it this past weekend. It was supposed to be torn down last march but COVID blessed us with another 13 months of crust

Aren't they putting an actual skatepark there?
If so, what's that layout look like?

Masshole

« Reply #628 on: May 01, 2021, 02:25:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Aren't they putting an actual skatepark there?
If so, what's that layout look like?

Same general shape, but basically a small bowl with some extensions and a little bank to manny pad. Theres' a mockup of it floating around but I can't seem to find it at the moment

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #629 on: May 18, 2021, 05:18:39 PM »
Fred Gall ain’t got nothing on me!