Author Topic: Jamie Tancowny Pig ad a fake???  (Read 11184 times)

ek27

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Jamie Tancowny Pig ad a fake???
« on: October 22, 2009, 12:50:30 PM »
I just saw this animated sequence at http://skateboarding.transworld.net/news/pig-wheels-introduces-jamie-tancowny/

It looks to me like it was blatently pieced... if you look theres a guy in the background, and the next frame he's totally gone...  I know this happens in mags everyday, but I seriously don't know how they didn't realize how obvious it is...

I could be wrong...

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Jamie Tancowny Pig ad a fake???
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 12:57:17 PM »
If it is fake, I would think they would have done a gnarlier trick. No point in doing all that photoshop just for a backside flip. I am sure he just got an angle that missed the guy in the background. I am sure it is real.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ek27

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 01:00:59 PM »
its really not that hard... they take a few frames of him rolling away, from say a backside 180, and put them at the end of a non-made trick... It happens more often than you think...

goldenbullcow

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 01:11:56 PM »
i remember aaron snyder getting busted for this back in the day and then getting all pissy about it in an interview.

INHABITANTS

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 01:12:19 PM »
they definitly pieced the sequence, im sure he still did it though.

goldenbullcow

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 01:15:23 PM »
who the fuck is jamie tancowny anyway?

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 01:23:36 PM »
that made sense in the film days but why the fuck would they do it now that everyone shoots digi, unless the photographer just  fucked something up. idk thats weird

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 01:23:55 PM »
Seems fake, but maybe that guy in the background knows how to transport himself to other places in like 0,00034 secs. Thats the most logic    
explanation.

undone2

• Rep: 2
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 01:44:00 PM »
Sometimes distracting objects in the background that are of no relevance are taken out.  Seems like they just missed a frame of taking that dude out.  Rookie move for sure but I guarantee it's no fake.

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 01:46:42 PM »
Sometimes distracting objects in the background that are of no relevance are taken out.  Seems like they just missed a frame of taking that dude out.  Rookie move for sure but I guarantee it's no fake.

exactly, if you notice where he lands is where the guy, also wearing all black, is standing, it would've just been a huge dark blur if they left that guy standing there, they took him out

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 02:17:05 PM »
i used to piece them together sometimes when i wanted to add an extra frame but these guys have fast cameras and it's a bit suspect that it's right before the landing. maybe went with the cleaner landing from the bs 180 warm up.

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 02:17:27 PM »
one of two things:

1) could have landed it and on the land frame the dude was right behind him making it look fucked up

or

2) landed it sketchy, shot a sequence of a back 180 and pieced it together

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 02:24:11 PM »
makes sense

undone2

• Rep: 2
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 02:49:12 PM »
either way he probably landed it.  Very rarely do companies run shit when dudes don't land it.  And I say rarely cause....it does happen.  :-\

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 02:50:20 PM »
anyone consider him being magic?

ek27

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 03:15:28 PM »
either way he probably landed it.  Very rarely do companies run shit when dudes don't land it.  And I say rarely cause....it does happen.  :-\

if you knew the amount of sequences, ads, and even cover that aren't makes you would shit... Classic example, Slap Jose Rojo Backtail Stanford, came out years ago on the cover, and he finally just landed it... and I heard that the only reason he went back and did it is because Enjoi wouldn't turn him pro until he did....

The mags really don't care if its a make or not.  It happens all the time...

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 03:21:22 PM »
dude in the background fell down a deep hole. that is by far the most reasonable explanation.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 03:22:10 PM »
dude in the background fell down a deep hole. that is by far the most reasonable explanation.

exactly what i was thinking...

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 03:35:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if you knew the amount of sequences, ads, and even cover that aren't makes you would shit... Classic example, Slap Jose Rojo Backtail Stanford, came out years ago on the cover, and he finally just landed it... and I heard that the only reason he went back and did it is because Enjoi wouldn't turn him pro until he did....

The mags really don't care if its a make or not.  It happens all the time...
For real. I remember there was a Logic video where it had a bonus footy of Van Wastell skating a double set and it was just a kickflip down on set and back 180.....and that took hell of tires. That is why I respect a lot of skate video when I see them. I cna only imagine how long it took Bob Burnquist to do all that megaramp footy. To go up and do switch stuff over and over again.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 03:54:05 PM »
Did he cut his hair finally? I sometimes got him confused with Ellisa.

RevertEverything

• Rep: 18
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 04:05:51 PM »
I'm guessing a sloppy photoshop job over piecing together two different attempts (or possibly even different tricks). If you notice the mini soccer goal doesn't disappear or move, just the guy, who like others have pointed out, is standing in the exact same line of sight as Jamie's landing. I'm thinking the photographer just forgot (or was to lazy) to remove the random dude from the entire sequence.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 04:15:32 PM »
I'm guessing a sloppy photoshop job over piecing together two different attempts (or possibly even different tricks). If you notice the mini soccer goal doesn't disappear or move, just the guy, who like others have pointed out, is standing in the exact same line of sight as Jamie's landing. I'm thinking the photographer just forgot (or was to lazy) to remove the random dude from the entire sequence.

I think it's 2 sequences spliced together.  If it was just a photoshop mistake of the dude in the background, the sequence would of at least still looked smooth.  It's choppy right when the guy disappears. 

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »
Seems like choppy footage, you would think they would do a better job.

ek27

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 04:43:28 PM »

wouldn't they have taken the goal out too then????

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 05:25:02 PM »
I just noticed MFS has this sequence as his profile pic.  But there is no guy at all in his sequence.  STRAAAAANGE.

But yeah...from what I know about Jamie...I'm pretty sure he would've landed this whether the photographer switched up the sequences or not.

just_peysa

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 05:35:00 PM »
rip the background

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 07:25:41 PM »
If it is fake, I would think they would have done a gnarlier trick. No point in doing all that photoshop just for a backside flip. I am sure he just got an angle that missed the guy in the background. I am sure it is real.
I don't think so. If the angle changed then the hockey net he was standing in front of would be gone. And I don't know if I would call that backside flip "just a backside flip." Its a pretty gnarly one at a famous spot.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 07:43:20 PM »
I'm friends with some photographers and I have seen lots of photos ran that were not actually landed. Usually photo's on really famous spots have to get landed cause people will be asking for some video proof after. Also knowing Jamie , Im sure this is landed.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 07:55:29 PM »
I'm friends with some photographers and I have seen lots of photos ran that were not actually landed. Usually photo's on really famous spots have to get landed cause people will be asking for some video proof after. Also knowing Jamie , Im sure this is landed.

Oh yeah...it definitely happens.  But generally with single shots...not so much sequences.  I'm guessing this is more like that Guy Mariano cover way back.  He landed the trick...the photgrapher just switched up some frames to make it "look better."

But even when the trick isn't landed...it generally says alot more about the photographer than the actual skateboarder.

Thom Verlaine

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 08:00:04 PM »
But even when the trick isn't landed...it generally says alot more about the photographer than the actual skateboarder.

Everybody read this, Okay?