TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
Re: Jobs
« Reply #900 on: February 10, 2022, 02:56:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Currently a product marketer for a ad tech company and doing Glider Skateboards with my wife (and some friends who help on the side). Dream would be to Glider full time, but cant quit my day job just yet!
[close]

Which tech company?
[close]

Need a little anonymity here so I'll have to stay mum. But its a small-ish tech w/ ~300 employees

Totes. I'm in a HUGE tech company, so I blend in with the Zoom background. HAHA

L33Tg33k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #901 on: February 10, 2022, 04:19:38 PM »
Can someone teach me how to code? I know nothing. I need a real person. Give me all your time and attention!
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Witcheshit

• Rep: 3
  • nosebeforehoes.blogspot.com
    • nose before hoes avatar image
« Reply #902 on: February 10, 2022, 08:01:26 PM »
home care provider working in the tenderloin of san francisco. I basically do home visitations, errands and other tasks for seniors, people that are living independently and coming off drugs. Soon to be a level 2 worker, after a stint with unemployment and my former job moving to slc.

Roll Forever Tate, 360 Frip, Yappie Dappie, Rusty, T Mack, Pablo, Malcolm, Nosey, Abair

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #903 on: February 11, 2022, 09:28:15 AM »
Can someone teach me how to code? I know nothing. I need a real person. Give me all your time and attention!

Legit, check your local community college. You might be able to take a single course.

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #904 on: February 11, 2022, 09:56:05 AM »

A lot of my friends went through those immersive bootcamps and got a great job out of it within 3-6 months. Not a bad second career chance if you're looking for a change

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

animalflesh

« Reply #905 on: February 11, 2022, 01:00:57 PM »
I travel the state of New York on behalf of von Trapp brewing

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #906 on: February 11, 2022, 01:32:13 PM »

i might be able to offer some guidance. feel free to send me a PM

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #907 on: February 11, 2022, 02:28:10 PM »
I travel the state of New York on behalf of von Trapp brewing

So sick, @Thom

I teach elementary school in an urban public school and it's killing me slowly. Teaching is hard, hard work. Looking to become a Michigan DNR conservation officer, but a little worried it's too close to being a cop. Idk, I think it sounds like the coolest job.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #908 on: February 11, 2022, 09:06:11 PM »
I need an $80k/yr job that doesn’t involve talking to people who need shit from me. I have a useless social science degree. Any suggestions?

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #909 on: February 11, 2022, 09:11:41 PM »
I need an $80k/yr job that doesn’t involve talking to people who need shit from me. I have a useless social science degree. Any suggestions?

Same

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 849
« Reply #910 on: February 12, 2022, 01:19:19 AM »

Www.usajobs.gov

Only half joking. If you find something that looks like a fit shoot me a PM and I'll walk you through it. It's the govt so of course if you so much as misname a file they'll kick your whole package back without even looking at it, so applying correctly and getting to the interview is often the hardest part. Great pay, incredible benefits (for example I get 14 hours of paid time off per pay period, that will go up to 16 soon... Just the tip of the iceberg in terms of bennies though), and once you're in it's comically easy for anyone with a brain to climb the ladder within a few years.

Pre-covid I spent about 2 hours of my work day skating in a parking lot behind the hospital. Its the easiest job in the world, and they won't even attempt to fire you unless you seriously fuck up (theft, assault, patient care incidents etc) because our union is strong as fuck. You also get a raise as long as congress keeps voting to give themselves one (so every year). Oh and good pension and retirement plans so even working in the kitchen is a realistic career.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #911 on: February 12, 2022, 01:27:15 AM »
I remove blood, bone, tissue, and bodily fluids off medical equipment after people die.

That's the dramatic part but actually I've mentioned before that I do housekeeping/infection control in the critical care (ICU and OR) units of a hospital. Lots of chemicals, UV light, ATP testing etc. I kind of specialize in covid these days obviously but if anyone for some reason needs to know what chemical to use on a particular disease or how to clean and properly wear their mask/respirator then by all means shoot me a PM.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #912 on: February 12, 2022, 09:37:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Www.usajobs.gov

Only half joking. If you find something that looks like a fit shoot me a PM and I'll walk you through it. It's the govt so of course if you so much as misname a file they'll kick your whole package back without even looking at it, so applying correctly and getting to the interview is often the hardest part. Great pay, incredible benefits (for example I get 14 hours of paid time off per pay period, that will go up to 16 soon... Just the tip of the iceberg in terms of bennies though), and once you're in it's comically easy for anyone with a brain to climb the ladder within a few years.

Pre-covid I spent about 2 hours of my work day skating in a parking lot behind the hospital. Its the easiest job in the world, and they won't even attempt to fire you unless you seriously fuck up (theft, assault, patient care incidents etc) because our union is strong as fuck. You also get a raise as long as congress keeps voting to give themselves one (so every year). Oh and good pension and retirement plans so even working in the kitchen is a realistic career.

when I finish this social work masters, I've thought about going toward the VA for pay and benefits and also the research opportunities to work with psilocybin, ketamine, MDMA for PTSD and suicide prevention are pretty cool as well.

I do think though that because I got myself the boot from Navy basic for a fraudulent medical enlistment, the VA won't ever hire me. Probably the only place in the world that will ever matter
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #913 on: February 12, 2022, 11:04:52 AM »

In tech you can find a job that hits your salary range with just a few years of experience but human interaction is inevitable. Maybe something that’s more of an internal role such as operations or finance versus client facing like sales or client management

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #914 on: February 12, 2022, 09:40:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Www.usajobs.gov

[close]

when I finish this social work masters, I've thought about going toward the VA for pay and benefits and also the research opportunities to work with psilocybin, ketamine, MDMA for PTSD and suicide prevention are pretty cool as well.

I do think though that because I got myself the boot from Navy basic for a fraudulent medical enlistment, the VA won't ever hire me. Probably the only place in the world that will ever matter
Social work…I’m in a similar role and honestly, fuck these people. Yea the system failed everyone and shits fucked up, but nobody wants to help themselves and I’m so burned out on it. I want to scream in my office sometimes.

I applied for some BLM jobs on there a few years ago and never heard anything back. BLM in the middle of nowhere would be the one.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #915 on: February 13, 2022, 02:34:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Www.usajobs.gov

[close]

You might be surprised. I have a record that makes me basically untouchable for most good paying jobs in the civilian world. As long as you're honest about it and don't try to hide it they usually don't count past transgressions against you too hard although that is a pretty specific one. As long as it's an honorable or med discharge I don't know if they'd even look at it to be honest though.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #916 on: February 13, 2022, 12:03:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Www.usajobs.gov

[close]

[close]
Social work…I’m in a similar role and honestly, fuck these people. Yea the system failed everyone and shits fucked up, but nobody wants to help themselves and I’m so burned out on it. I want to scream in my office sometimes.

I applied for some BLM jobs on there a few years ago and never heard anything back. BLM in the middle of nowhere would be the one.

So if all you got was the automated "we hired someone else" email or you didn't hear back then I can almost guarantee no one ever even saw your application. The process goes something like this... There's a series of filters and keyword searches that get run on everything and boots out the majority of the packages, then they check to make sure you have all the necessary documentation included, then they run more filters, and THEN they actually start reading them and looking at your qualifications. There's ways to kind of exploit both the system and the interviewers as they usually have specific criteria they have to follow, but its far from a guarantee. If you do genuinely want to look into it some point just holla.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #917 on: February 13, 2022, 02:18:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Www.usajobs.gov

[close]

[close]

[close]

So if all you got was the automated "we hired someone else" email or you didn't hear back then I can almost guarantee no one ever even saw your application. The process goes something like this... There's a series of filters and keyword searches that get run on everything and boots out the majority of the packages, then they check to make sure you have all the necessary documentation included, then they run more filters, and THEN they actually start reading them and looking at your qualifications. There's ways to kind of exploit both the system and the interviewers as they usually have specific criteria they have to follow, but its far from a guarantee. If you do genuinely want to look into it some point just holla.

Very much this.

I used to sell the ATS software that automates this process.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #918 on: February 13, 2022, 07:54:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Www.usajobs.gov

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think I’m too old to start a fed job, thanks though. I’ll just stick with my dumb county job, in my hell hole part of the world.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #919 on: February 13, 2022, 08:06:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Www.usajobs.gov

[close]

[close]

You might be surprised. I have a record that makes me basically untouchable for most good paying jobs in the civilian world. As long as you're honest about it and don't try to hide it they usually don't count past transgressions against you too hard although that is a pretty specific one. As long as it's an honorable or med discharge I don't know if they'd even look at it to be honest though.

administrative separation. not even a discharge. got 1 paycheck for my time. I'm gonna have to give it a go at some point
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #920 on: February 18, 2022, 04:43:11 AM »
Anybody have tips on getting a graphic design job? Like I’m currently working as one in-house and have years of experience but I’m trying to get into a proper studio or agency and have been struggling.

Basically my current position is super corporate and isn’t really doing design work, just an Adobe jockey and I’d like to not do that anymore.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Old_Git

• Rep: 0
« Reply #921 on: February 18, 2022, 05:33:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Www.usajobs.gov

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Been lurking these boards for a minute and this is post that made me join...priorities I suppose. I'll PM you soon @Buttfart Rapedick

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #922 on: February 18, 2022, 06:03:39 AM »
I feel like a lot of people know what I do for work, and there’s a solid chance I’ve already chimed in here. But, I’m bored and taking a break right now so I figured I’d join in on the fun.

I drive a pump truck and suction out small septic tanks and service portapotties. The majority of my day is spending servicing portapotties. It’s a pretty gross job, but truth be told I love it. Yeah, I’ve gotten shit on me before and it’s fucking disgusting, and I’ve gotten baptized in the blue/green septic juice and it’s god awful. That being said, I get to be buy myself all day, pays really well, has good benefits and job security. Also, I’m for some reason very good at it, I’ve got a brand new Mack truck, and it’s pretty satisfying to see the immediate pay of off your hardwork.

Here’s a quick before and after video for any inquiring minds.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #923 on: February 18, 2022, 07:11:16 AM »
lately i’ve been subsisting off of income generated from galls old insta
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #924 on: February 18, 2022, 10:00:44 AM »
Anybody have tips on getting a graphic design job? Like I’m currently working as one in-house and have years of experience but I’m trying to get into a proper studio or agency and have been struggling.

Basically my current position is super corporate and isn’t really doing design work, just an Adobe jockey and I’d like to not do that anymore.

In the design/creative world, as cliché as it is, it's about who you know.

Second, it's about your portfolio. I've hired rad dudes based on the things I've seen them post on their IG. They're constantly making things and posting it. There are tons of creatives out there and standing out is a chore in itself.

Keep sending cold emails and connecting with people on LinkedIn. If the AIGA is hosting an event in your area - go! It's one of those things where you just need to keep putting yourself out there in order to be seen.

LUGR

• Rep: 47
« Reply #925 on: February 18, 2022, 02:54:43 PM »
I feel like a lot of people know what I do for work, and there’s a solid chance I’ve already chimed in here. But, I’m bored and taking a break right now so I figured I’d join in on the fun.

I drive a pump truck and suction out small septic tanks and service portapotties. The majority of my day is spending servicing portapotties. It’s a pretty gross job, but truth be told I love it. Yeah, I’ve gotten shit on me before and it’s fucking disgusting, and I’ve gotten baptized in the blue/green septic juice and it’s god awful. That being said, I get to be buy myself all day, pays really well, has good benefits and job security. Also, I’m for some reason very good at it, I’ve got a brand new Mack truck, and it’s pretty satisfying to see the immediate pay of off your hardwork.

Here’s a quick before and after video for any inquiring minds.

You are a brave man and I salute you.

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #926 on: February 19, 2022, 11:32:20 AM »
Right now I'm a substitute janitor and it's pretty sick. Getting up early sucks, but I pretty much get to sit on ass for 3/4 of my day which helps me not be so tired after work so I can actually do stuff I want to. I had to work in my old HS though which was both humbling and humiliating lol I'm not even that old (mid 20s) but that shit had me feeling like a fuckin dinosaur.

The best job I ever had was working in a bagel store. Hella tips, sexy girls always coming in, I could smoke weed all day and I got free food. Plus my homeboy who got me into skating was the manager so we would hella fuck around and do kickflips and shit. I feel so dumb for quitting that one
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #927 on: February 19, 2022, 01:52:03 PM »
Union carpenter (apprentice) working at a county jail doing a remodel. Never been inside of a jail but now I never want to step foot near one again. Place is such a shit hole

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #928 on: February 21, 2022, 03:04:27 AM »
Union carpenter (apprentice) working at a county jail doing a remodel. Never been inside of a jail but now I never want to step foot near one again. Place is such a shit hole

Interesting

How so?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #929 on: February 21, 2022, 03:21:17 AM »
i'm back in the kitchen with that pyrex vision.

busting out great pizza on the daily.

good overall working climate with us allowed to chill and shoot the shit when nothing is happening as long as we don't have to prepare stuff. there's about 3 hours each evening where it gets hectic, but that's sick, too, cause it helps pass the time.

haven't gotten my tip yet, so not sure how much it's gonna be each month.

i have big money issues and probably gonna switch from full time studying to part time studying/sort of full time work until that shit is sorted out more or less.