Author Topic: Jobs  (Read 142771 times)

CaptainMorganFreeman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 46
    • proskates.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Jobs
« Reply #240 on: March 09, 2011, 06:53:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anybody have experience working graveyard shifts? I'm about to apply for this job with the title "Power Scheduler." Its a 7pm to 7am shift, which I know would intrinsically suck, but 12 hour shifts means I'd only work 3-4 day weeks, probably trading off weekends with someone else. Besides the fact that the company does cool shit (they produce electricity from landfills), it starts at $17.50 an hour with benefits.

Does anyone work crazy hours like this? Would it completely fuck with my social life?
[close]

I did backshift for 9 months - got a job making around $18 an hour and then aquired a financed car so I couldn't afford to quit... 12 AM - 8 AM. Ended up needing sleeping pills and therapy so I wouldn't advise it to anyone, it almost ended me. I know a few dudes that have done it for 3 or 4 years now and it definitely takes a heavy toll. The only dudes that do "ok" on it are the ones that have no social life or prospects of doing anything other than working and playing WOW. The switching back and forth and broken sleep schedule that is required to try to have any kind of life takes a heavy toll on your circadian rhythm and can lead to anxiety, depression, insomnia, delusional thoughts, and in some cases suicide, especially if you keep switching it constantly to try to have a life or do anything fun with your friends/family. Forget going skating when you get up or when you get off work too, its basically impossible to skate the way you did before because of the constant mental and physical fatigue you'll be going through. Darkest period of my life easily, aside from a 2 week trip to Barcelona that quite possibly saved my life.
[close]

Damn you sound like the biggest bitch ever. Plenty of dudes do overnight (ever heard of the HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY?) and they actually went to school and have put years into learning to do what they do. You sound like some peice of shit who was lucky enough to land a decent job and then all you did was complain about it. Spoiled only child? I think so. I really wish you had kept doing your job and then head an insomnia fueled mental break down ala Edward Norton but instead of starting an awesome terrorist organization you'd have just gotten into a violent struggle with the coke machine which would have ended with you crushed to death and no one caring.
[close]

shut your gob fuckface. quit spewing shit YOU HAVE no clue about... you go get a job doing fucking swing shifts for 10 - 12 hrs (40 hrs plus mandatory overtime of 10-20 hrs) then you can have an opinion. i've done the shit, and this dude is right on with the broken sleep cycle turned mental illness. combined with no social life and the realization you only work so some other asshole can go home to his big house and easy life, while you get shit in return for the hard work. go back to 4chode and troll little shitwads like yourself.

anyway...

i'm moving so i quit my job to chill and get my mind right for a month. going back to school and be doing temp work once it all happens.

Fuck you are such a piece of trash it's amazing, I'm not one of those people that believes that because some people deal with really shitty occupations, no spare time, shitty pay, etc that I should have to be happy for every single thing I get, especially when I got lied to.

I know you're the biggest troll on this board but FYI, the job I'm talking about I manned up and stayed at and now work a good shift and get off at 3:30 pm or 4 pm every day and have the weekends. I'm just saying that pigeon holing yourself into a nightshift job can fuck you up bad.

Where the fuck did you get the idea that I didn't go to school btw? The job I have is in my field of study, it was just really hard to cope with nightshifts at a computer for that long, until you work in that environment you really need to fuck off.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #241 on: March 09, 2011, 07:02:11 AM »
Working nights suck , just suck . Ask any doctor or nurse , paper deliverer , police officer , cleaning personal or computer tech dude

Basicly it fucks up your rythem , man wasnt suposed to be up all night , body is made to sleep at night and when we sleep during the day we dont get enough good sleep . If you work day and night you get messed up from constantly having to adjust to day shifts and night shifts ,  never finding a good rythem .

I worked nights 7 days a week for about 2,5 years ? 1 of those years I was doing school 5 days a week and had about 4 hours sleep those years .  Liked the job but it messed my brain up pretty bad sometimes .  In the end work and school paid of and I got a new better job . But All ppl I know and talked to about night time jobs  say they suck and they mess with the brain .

What did the irish cop do for a living ?

CaptainMorganFreeman

« Reply #242 on: March 09, 2011, 07:04:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anybody have experience working graveyard shifts? I'm about to apply for this job with the title "Power Scheduler." Its a 7pm to 7am shift, which I know would intrinsically suck, but 12 hour shifts means I'd only work 3-4 day weeks, probably trading off weekends with someone else. Besides the fact that the company does cool shit (they produce electricity from landfills), it starts at $17.50 an hour with benefits.

Does anyone work crazy hours like this? Would it completely fuck with my social life?
[close]

I did backshift for 9 months - got a job making around $18 an hour and then aquired a financed car so I couldn't afford to quit... 12 AM - 8 AM. Ended up needing sleeping pills and therapy so I wouldn't advise it to anyone, it almost ended me. I know a few dudes that have done it for 3 or 4 years now and it definitely takes a heavy toll. The only dudes that do "ok" on it are the ones that have no social life or prospects of doing anything other than working and playing WOW. The switching back and forth and broken sleep schedule that is required to try to have any kind of life takes a heavy toll on your circadian rhythm and can lead to anxiety, depression, insomnia, delusional thoughts, and in some cases suicide, especially if you keep switching it constantly to try to have a life or do anything fun with your friends/family. Forget going skating when you get up or when you get off work too, its basically impossible to skate the way you did before because of the constant mental and physical fatigue you'll be going through. Darkest period of my life easily, aside from a 2 week trip to Barcelona that quite possibly saved my life.
[close]

But seriously, I know quite a few guys who work or have worked in a factory doing that shit, switching between day shifts and night shifts every couple of weeks or so.  None of them necessarily enjoyed their jobs, but it was a stable way to make ok money for 40 hours a week.  You get weekends off so you can certainly have a social life if you want, you sound like you probably had mental issues before you took that job.    

I worked with about 40 other people doing IT Infrastructure support for a large bank and I'd say out of all of them only about 5-10 of them could really handle it without looking like wrecks all the time. About 3 people had legit breakdowns requiring leave/medication. High Stress work sitting down overnight without alot of stimulation to keep you awake is fucking awful for your health.

CaptainMorganFreeman

« Reply #243 on: March 09, 2011, 07:05:58 AM »
Working nights suck , just suck . Ask any doctor or nurse , paper deliverer , police officer , cleaning personal or computer tech dude

Basicly it fucks up your rythem , man wasnt suposed to be up all night , body is made to sleep at night and when we sleep during the day we dont get enough good sleep . If you work day and night you get messed up from constantly having to adjust to day shifts and night shifts ,  never finding a good rythem .

I worked nights 7 days a week for about 2,5 years ? 1 of those years I was doing school 5 days a week and had about 4 hours sleep those years .  Liked the job but it messed my brain up pretty bad sometimes .  In the end work and school paid of and I got a new better job . But All ppl I know and talked to about night time jobs  say they suck and they mess with the brain .

I'd imagine that he's a professional faggot.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #244 on: March 09, 2011, 07:11:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh and cop , whats wrong with being a janitor ? its a job , its a job that needs to be done . I dont rack down on anyone working any job , they work those jobs to maybe support their family , or their kids , maybe they clean floors so they can go to college or night school . or maybe they fucked up their life with doing shit in school , or drugs and now trying to clean up their lifes by working hard .

fuck that shit , never look down on ppl who work to be able to eat , support their family or anything related .

Hexagon

« Reply #245 on: March 09, 2011, 09:41:49 AM »
Hex, talking out of his ass is all he's good at, just ignore the fuck.

I'm still on the fence with this job after hearing some stories. On one hand, it makes sense that it would severely fuck my sleep schedule, and it says I would be working weekends and holidays (although whether it would be every weekend is up in the air). I don't know if I'm convinced that it would be the end of the world though. I figure you go in at 7pm, get of at 7am, sleep til 3pm or so, and if you work the next day than chill/skate/do whatever for a few hours before going back; if not than the next day and a half are yours to do whatever.

I've definitely had sleeping problems for a lot of my life, but its never been anything serious, just trouble falling asleep/waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep. I don't know if that's relevant, but overall I'm a pretty fucking sane person. I feel like it'd take a lot more than a weird sleep schedule to make me go crazy, but I dunno.

Yeah dude, just struck a chord with me (being shit on by "fortunate" types), you know?

I've had similar sleep patterns especially the last 4 years. Just keep in mind if you take the gig, it's not permanent, unless you want it to be for security reasons (which is respectable). It could help you get caught up in the mean time, while you look for a much better gig that suits your needs. You seem to be an intelligent individual, so here's some advice keep your options open always and be looking when you have the energy (not trying to be "wizard of the obvious"). Aim for the best options presented to you or the options you can make best suited for you man. I wish you luck in your endeavors.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Damn you sound like the biggest bitch ever. Plenty of dudes do overnight (ever heard of the HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY?) and they actually went to school and have put years into learning to do what they do. You sound like some peice of shit who was lucky enough to land a decent job and then all you did was complain about it. Spoiled only child? I think so. I really wish you had kept doing your job and then head an insomnia fueled mental break down ala Edward Norton but instead of starting an awesome terrorist organization you'd have just gotten into a violent struggle with the coke machine which would have ended with you crushed to death and no one caring.
[close]

shut your gob fuckface. quit spewing shit YOU HAVE no clue about... you go get a job doing fucking swing shifts for 10 - 12 hrs (40 hrs plus mandatory overtime of 10-20 hrs) then you can have an opinion. i've done the shit, and this dude is right on with the broken sleep cycle turned mental illness. combined with no social life and the realization you only work so some other asshole can go home to his big house and easy life, while you get shit in return for the hard work. go back to 4chode and troll little shitwads like yourself.

anyway...

i'm moving so i quit my job to chill and get my mind right for a month. going back to school and be doing temp work once it all happens.

[close]

Fuck you are such a piece of trash it's amazing, I'm not one of those people that believes that because some people deal with really shitty occupations, no spare time, shitty pay, etc that I should have to be happy for every single thing I get, especially when I got lied to.

I know you're the biggest troll on this board but FYI, the job I'm talking about I manned up and stayed at and now work a good shift and get off at 3:30 pm or 4 pm every day and have the weekends. I'm just saying that pigeon holing yourself into a nightshift job can fuck you up bad.

Where the fuck did you get the idea that I didn't go to school btw? The job I have is in my field of study, it was just really hard to cope with nightshifts at a computer for that long, until you work in that environment you really need to fuck off.

TRUTH
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Oh and cop , whats wrong with being a janitor ? its a job , its a job that needs to be done . I dont rack down on anyone working any job , they work those jobs to maybe support their family , or their kids , maybe they clean floors so they can go to college or night school . or maybe they fucked up their life with doing shit in school , or drugs and now trying to clean up their lifes by working hard .

fuck that shit , never look down on ppl who work to be able to eat , support their family or anything related .

THIS, much respect for acknowledging the fact and being a considerate human.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #246 on: March 09, 2011, 09:56:24 AM »
my first real job will start on tuesday. got own office, responsibility and a nice payment. on the other side I will be a socialworker in an asylum center with a good amount of criminality and violence.

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #247 on: March 09, 2011, 10:42:40 AM »
my first real job will start on tuesday. got own office, responsibility and a nice payment. on the other side I will be a socialworker in an asylum center with a good amount of criminality and violence.
wow, your job hunt didn't take very long, did it? where exactly will you improve your environment?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:41:36 AM by dolphinstyle. »
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

MF LUDER

« Reply #248 on: March 09, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
Yo long time listener first time caller. That dude sounds like a piss pants, but I have done 38hrs of 11-7am for the last two years and it totally ruins yr life. I got paid double time for it so I couldnt walk away from it. I put on heaps of weight, got super dependent on booze and just puts yr shit on hold . Just be weary of any job that gets you working overnights, It melts yr mind really, really fast. If I wasnt such a faggot I shoulda quit in the first week. Now I work fuckin heaps in a cafe for shit money but its seriously tons better.

CaptainMorganFreeman

« Reply #249 on: March 09, 2011, 07:35:45 PM »
Yo long time listener first time caller. That dude sounds like a piss pants, but I have done 38hrs of 11-7am for the last two years and it totally ruins yr life. I got paid double time for it so I couldnt walk away from it. I put on heaps of weight, got super dependent on booze and just puts yr shit on hold . Just be weary of any job that gets you working overnights, It melts yr mind really, really fast. If I wasnt such a faggot I shoulda quit in the first week. Now I work fuckin heaps in a cafe for shit money but its seriously tons better.

wait.. are you agreeing with me yet calling me a piss pants or are you talking about billignorant irate cunt?

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #250 on: March 10, 2011, 11:49:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
wow, your job hunt did not take very long, didn't it? where exactly will you improve your environment?

yeah, my first application ended up being my first interview and the first job offer. the city will be hamburg - niiiiiiiiiiice. in  one hour I will sign the contract.

Belligerent Irish Cop

• Rep: -276
« Reply #251 on: March 11, 2011, 07:21:40 AM »
Just got a job at the local market selling fancy sweets for this french couple.

*I'll wait until I start before saying any pros or cons.

damn dude you're going places!

MF LUDER

« Reply #252 on: March 11, 2011, 07:48:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wait.. are you agreeing with me yet calling me a piss pants or are you talking about billignorant irate cunt?

billignorant irate cunt = piss pants/total dummy.

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #253 on: March 11, 2011, 08:20:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
wow, your job hunt did not take very long, didn't it? where exactly will you improve your environment?
[close]

yeah, my first application ended up being my first interview and the first job offer. the city will be hamburg - niiiiiiiiiiice. in  one hour I will sign the contract.
nice indeed. congratulations
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #254 on: May 21, 2011, 06:39:47 AM »
gotta go for that good work life balance. if you are going to take on something gnarl for a bit for the cash, do what you have to do but long term you gotta get your work life balance in check...

got a new job rebuilding dell's support web site. they've got me managing teams of indian developers who do all the fun stuff (although they overall get the shit end of the deal getting 1/3 the pay of US programmers and working shit hours). it's good in all the responsible ways (pay, benifits, etc...) but not so good in the job satisfaction ways. i've worked super hard to build up my tech skills over the years and now they've put me doing work that it feels like literally anyone could do. running meetings, going to meetings, coordinating delievery dates with other teams... it's all super boring lame stuff.

probably the coolest thing about this project is the flex hours and comp hours. anything i work over 40 goes in my vacation bucket. i'm going on a week and a half vacation next week and didn't have to touch my regular vacation which you can cash out if you need to. and then i work from home around half the time and take off super early on fridays. people generally tell jokes when they see me at my desk because it's such a rare occurance.

it's not my dream job but it'll be a good bullet point on the resume and the perks are currently out weighing the annoyances.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 08:08:54 AM by Sleazy »

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #255 on: May 21, 2011, 08:05:53 AM »
I just picked up an 8 week job with the National Parks Service.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #256 on: May 21, 2011, 08:14:26 AM »
I just picked up an 8 week job with the National Parks Service.

sounds pretty sweet , what you gonna be doing ?

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #257 on: May 21, 2011, 11:03:48 AM »
Seasonal park ranger. One week training, seven weeks service.

Karlos

• Rep: -3
« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2011, 02:36:26 AM »
Quit school in 11th, went to Australia for a year, was working at vineyards and shit. Really laid back, the pay was like 20aud per hour, got to smoke spliffs during work all the time. Slept in the car on the beach with 8 friends from all over the world. Swim in the ocean before work to wake up, so sweet. Surf, skate after. Can't be doing this forever so i went back to school, working as a car mechanic assistant 3 days a week. Don't get any money yet but doesn't matter. It's interesting, i learn alot of new stuff every day and imagine myself doing this in the future

Going to Canada in summer, work as a full time mechanic for a year, buy a van. fix it up for a road trip and cruise to Argentina through US.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #259 on: November 28, 2011, 02:48:59 AM »
Finished school in December and my degree isn't getting me very far. I currently sell furniture. It pays decent and I don't really have to do that much so it isn't that bad. I have an internship at a non-profit that assists refugees as well (which means I have a 6 day work week, it's pretty intense). I am hoping to get a full-time gig in non-profit but it isn't happening yet. If anyone knows anyone that works in a non-profit in the SF bay area (I live in Berkeley), let me know so I can pass on a resume!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:31:46 AM by happenstance »

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #260 on: November 28, 2011, 02:56:08 AM »
I go to school and work at a screenprinting shop part time. Basically I just show up, print some designs on t-shirts for a few hours (or just chill at the register if there's nothing to do) and drink beers. It's just my boss, the sales manager, myself, three other guys, and one girl. Everyone's good friends since there's so few people working there, and anytime there's some big project taking place after hours (like moving the printing press/dryer/inks/everything else from our old location to our new one, etc.) my boss takes us to this 24 hour Korean BBQ place and pays for all of our food and beers. If he doesn't feel like printing out our checks on payday we get payed in cash (he always rounds up). The hardest part of the job is cleaning the screens and cleaning the floors, neither of which are actually hard, just boring. I don't get a whole lot of hours, and the pay is not great, but I literally never stress, and I actually look forward to working. I may be biased, but this has to be the best part-time college job ever.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #261 on: November 28, 2011, 05:21:08 AM »
i got recruited by the best consulting company in town recently. i was pretty stoked when they contacted me, it'd be like having real send you a package.

i was doing a talk at a local conference on an architecture pattern that they needed an expert on so they reached out to me. it's pretty much a dream job. i was able to quit dell just in time as right after i quit the whole project basically went down in flames and everyone got benched. my new office is amazing. it looks out over the hill country in austin, the windows are epic and it so high in the hills that eagles will hit the windows from time to time. my first project is super interesting stuff. we are rebuilding pipeline management software with a really sharp, passionate team. we are having to do all this advanced stuff like domain specific languages and dynamic interfaces so it's not the same old, same old. should be a good year.

i'm also almost done with my first book. if you chat on here you may have heard me talking about it a year or so ago. it's been a busy year but i think the book will be good for what it is but just like any long project when you are done you mostly focus on the flaws. i'm thinking about doing another one on programming for windows 8 so that i can get ahead of the curve on that and hopefully drive my rates up.

been thinking about starting my own company in a few years and being one of the only windows 8 experts in texas would be a good way to get it started. land your first big project, sub-contract out the things you cant handle and grow from there. that's how the company i currently work for got started as well as the other contracting company that is on my project. i'd assume it's the same in construction contracting.

Karlos

« Reply #262 on: November 28, 2011, 07:04:09 AM »
i got recruited by the best consulting company in town recently. i was pretty stoked when they contacted me, it'd be like having real send you a package.

i was doing a talk at a local conference on an architecture pattern that they needed an expert on so they reached out to me. it's pretty much a dream job. i was able to quit dell just in time as right after i quit the whole project basically went down in flames and everyone got benched. my new office is amazing. it looks out over the hill country in austin, the windows are epic and it so high in the hills that eagles will hit the windows from time to time. my first project is super interesting stuff. we are rebuilding pipeline management software with a really sharp, passionate team. we are having to do all this advanced stuff like domain specific languages and dynamic interfaces so it's not the same old, same old. should be a good year.

i'm also almost done with my first book. if you chat on here you may have heard me talking about it a year or so ago. it's been a busy year but i think the book will be good for what it is but just like any long project when you are done you mostly focus on the flaws. i'm thinking about doing another one on programming for windows 8 so that i can get ahead of the curve on that and hopefully drive my rates up.

been thinking about starting my own company in a few years and being one of the only windows 8 experts in texas would be a good way to get it started. land your first big project, sub-contract out the things you cant handle and grow from there. that's how the company i currently work for got started as well as the other contracting company that is on my project. i'd assume it's the same in construction contracting.

Always nice to hear when things work out for people. I hope i'll also be doing a job I enjoy , in the future. It's like half of your whole day that you spend at work. If you aren't satisfied... that would be a shitty life

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #263 on: November 28, 2011, 07:06:52 AM »
Mechanical engineering technician.

dankradschwag

« Reply #264 on: November 28, 2011, 09:08:14 AM »
i work on campus as a cashier at the bookstore, technically im a state employee. shits gonna look good on my resume and i dont have to do jack shit really.

Karlos

« Reply #265 on: November 28, 2011, 12:56:59 PM »
Mechanical engineering technician.

that's pretty much what i want to be doing. did you study at school for it or how did you start off ?

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #266 on: November 28, 2011, 01:29:08 PM »
how do I get an entry level job working in the legally upstanding medicinal marijuana field?
im good with scissors.
That wouldn't be a good idea right now dude. The DEA is pretty much shitting on all the dispensaries. They've raided dozens of them in the last couple of months.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #267 on: November 28, 2011, 02:50:45 PM »
It's like half of your whole day that you spend at work. If you aren't satisfied... that would be a shitty life

this is so true.

i always give people this career advice. write down all the things you enjoy doing that pay. like what classes do you enjoy, what do you enjoy watching on tv (politics, sports), etc... just finding everything you have passion for. then figure out what jobs there are in each area, how hard they are to get and how much they pay. then from there you have what you need to pick something and i really think acting like money doesn't matter is screwing the future you. it might not matter today but in the future you might feel differently about it. if you pick something that you have passion in then you will crush it and won't be sitting around sweating the clock all day hating your life.

on my path i was thinking i wanted to do computer animation but when i balanced that with what i actually have skills at, the pay, work\life balance, etc... i ended up studying programming. at first i thought i wanted to program video games but again after releveling for cash, work\life, ect... i ended up building enterprise applications. the products i build aren't cool or exciting to outsiders. sitting through an explanation of what this pipeline managment software does would put anyone to sleep. but when balancing out the whole picture i'm still sitting around solving problems in code but instead of my code pretending it's launching rockets at aliens it's helping roughnecks test pipelines for issues.

i think the absolute wrong thing to do is focus on the means to the end. you see so many people majoring in psychology because they are scared of "hard classes" like math and science and only thinking that getting a degree is the end game. the point you made is what this way of thinking is missing. the degree is the start of a lifetime of doing something for at least half your day and the other half won't be much fun if you are broke as shit. finding that right balance i think is key.

and if you think about it skating is hard as hell but as everyone on this forum knows, that's part of what makes it tight. you actually feel like you've accomplished something when you learn a trick. so i don't get the whole vibe of not wanting to study hard topics. they can be super rewarding because they are hard.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
« Reply #268 on: November 28, 2011, 03:05:23 PM »
Gnars. Have them.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #269 on: November 28, 2011, 08:27:43 PM »
I screen print t-shirts and run a small skateboard company called Simple. I'm probably going to start a wheel company called Tits.