Author Topic: this is Pine, right?  (Read 12562 times)

Noioso

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
Re: this is Pine, right?
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2009, 03:54:14 PM »
Congrats. But please...try to skate faster.
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2009, 05:11:42 PM »
i predict he will go out and hunt wild game with danny way, and be awarded his own one man shanghai megapark demo after his tampa am feat.

If by 'out' you mean 'to mexico' and by wild game you mean 'homosexuals', then yes that is very likely.

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2009, 05:26:01 PM »
watwaitwait...This kid is gonna be in Tampa Am? Because "Colin and Paul found him on youtube and were psyched he tried hard tricks"?....

Wow.....................

scumbag_college

• Rep: 3
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2009, 07:32:07 PM »
Mulllen should hook this kid up with a deal, this is some heavy ass new-era flipflop.

congrats

James Joyce

• Rep: 46
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2009, 01:20:59 AM »

You sir should learn to know good skating when youse sees it. That slow, stomp like ease of styleness in his landing is part of his appeal. A white Antwuan Dixon if you will.
they're a whole gang of rag tag scalliwag's, but helga in the back is definitely in it for the strudels

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2009, 10:11:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You sir should learn to know good skating when youse sees it. That slow, stomp like ease of styleness in his landing is part of his appeal. A white Antwuan Dixon if you will.

???

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »
if Josiah really is going to Tampa Am, this will be dramatic as fuck.
Slap's favorite son vs. Slap's arch-nemesis.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2009, 06:23:13 PM »
I'm all for pine having fun and filming all those incredibly long video parts each month with all those wacky tricks and everything but...

I just don't agree with the sentiment of most of the people in this thread.  Pine sends in youtube videos of himself trying to get into the contest when he isn't an actual am and gets denied by one of the people who is organizing it,  only to send another and get denied again:

My reply: Jeff, the crazy ass inward heel 360 down ice palace gap was nuts. As far as Tampa Am, you're just not there yet. Have Plan B email me directly if they have any questions. Thanks again for sending footage. Rob

His reply was "thanks but andy henrie at nike just told me he got my name into the contest." 

Say you are going on some kind of trip with your bros and some local youngster from the skatepark wants to go,  but you deny him twice and then he pulls some kind of "well my mom talked to your mom and she said..." type of shit.  I don't think this post reads very coherently but you know what I'm getting at here...

So now he'll be in there taking the spot of one of the other hundreds of talented kids out there who are legitimately hooked up.  Also to come in here and post "ah well shucks guys I just hope I can do okay,  I'm real nervous and will probably choke." after trying so hard to get in is just corny.  Plus I thought this guy was like 15. 

http://youwillsoon.blogspot.com/2009/11/form-vs-function.html

wheee!

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2009, 06:36:35 PM »
actually its more like i have friends going to the contest and they wanted me to do it. so i asked plan b and nike if i could do it even though i wasnt a legitimate am. they said yeah anyone can enter, so i figured ok i guess its not a big deal. then the rob guy goes telling me i cant so i figure something must be up considering nike sponsors the thing and they said i could do it. i told nike i got denied and they said dont worry we got your back and then boom i was entered in the contest.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2009, 06:37:40 PM »
yea I used to see pine videos on youtube and I used to hate them so much, his style made me want to vomit. but not long ago I realized he's just a guy like us. and even if his style is shit, he's doing a lot of mindblowing tricks.

I really hate how he doesn't catch his flip tricks. he just sort of lands on them. although I have to admit his style isn't as bad now as it was before. good luck at tampa am.

i think that's what you call a backhanded compliment
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2009, 07:31:36 PM »
actually its more like i have friends going to the contest and they wanted me to do it. so i asked plan b and nike if i could do it even though i wasnt a legitimate am. they said yeah anyone can enter, so i figured ok i guess its not a big deal. then the rob guy goes telling me i cant so i figure something must be up considering nike sponsors the thing and they said i could do it. i told nike i got denied and they said dont worry we got your back and then boom i was entered in the contest.

alright man,  fair enough.  sorry for the rant.  It'll be interesting to see how things go

wheee!

eyesmcgyver

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2009, 07:48:20 PM »
tampa am results (my predictions)

1st: PINE
2nd: doesnt matter
3rd: doesnt fucking matter

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2009, 09:32:38 PM »

So now he'll be in there taking the spot of one of the other hundreds of talented kids out there who are legitimately hooked up.  Also to come in here and post "ah well shucks guys I just hope I can do okay,  I'm real nervous and will probably choke." after trying so hard to get in is just corny.  Plus I thought this guy was like 15. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

TheFreshSC

« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2009, 10:48:28 PM »
pine, i wish you the best at tampa am and with your skateboard career. get a good filmer and success will follow

ige

• Rep: -74
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2009, 12:22:55 AM »
Shitty style, doesn't know how to catch a trick and not having a clue, how to push more speed. I won't be rooting for you at all.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2009, 01:45:23 AM »
I never really root for people in these contests based on talent, its always been based on how much I like them. Pine has been amusing me with his far out youtube videos for a while now, and I am hyped to see that he is in. Really, at the end of the day, its just a contest, and if all these other "deserving" ams who don't get the spot actually rip that hard, they'll get theirs some other time.
Also, I disagree with forks/knives interpretation. That dude is a single person deciding who gets a spot at a very popular contest. He rejects people left and right just to keep the numbers down, and I don't think he rejected pine because he had anything specifically against him. In the skateboard industry a word from an important person means a lot, and is a genuine and legitimate reason to get in. If he didn't want Pine in, he could have told Andy Henrie that there just wasn't enough room, the point is, this dude didn't see it, and was surprised when he found out a lot of other people did. Having legit people back you makes you legit in a lot of ways.
And if Slap covers this event, they damn well better have Pine coverage, seriously.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

EAT PUSSY!

• Rep: 29
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2009, 03:45:51 AM »

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2009, 03:57:06 AM »

also i dont really know what you guys mean by just kick the board out and hope to land it, if i had no indication of what my board was doing in the air how would i have any idea where to even hope to land?

Sorry to say, but it really does look like it.

Anyway, good luck with Tampa.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2009, 04:56:44 AM »
Shitty style, doesn't know how to catch a trick and not having a clue, how to push more speed. I won't be rooting for you at all.

Shitty english, doesn't know how to get the fuck off these forums and not having a clue, how to press focus acount button. I won't be watching any of your terrible youtube clips at all.

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2009, 10:41:05 AM »
I never really root for people in these contests based on talent, its always been based on how much I like them. Pine has been amusing me with his far out youtube videos for a while now, and I am hyped to see that he is in. Really, at the end of the day, its just a contest, and if all these other "deserving" ams who don't get the spot actually rip that hard, they'll get theirs some other time.
Also, I disagree with forks/knives interpretation. That dude is a single person deciding who gets a spot at a very popular contest. He rejects people left and right just to keep the numbers down, and I don't think he rejected pine because he had anything specifically against him. In the skateboard industry a word from an important person means a lot, and is a genuine and legitimate reason to get in. If he didn't want Pine in, he could have told Andy Henrie that there just wasn't enough room, the point is, this dude didn't see it, and was surprised when he found out a lot of other people did. Having legit people back you makes you legit in a lot of ways.
And if Slap covers this event, they damn well better have Pine coverage, seriously.

It's not like i pay too much attention to these contests or ever root for anybody in particular,  I just think that at 18 this kid should realize he'll be sticking out like a sore thumb compared to all the other entrants.  I hope coverage of him taking a run makes it on the net somewhere because it will be cool and strange to see.  I can see where your coming from about these certain people backing him making his entry legit,  it all just seems strange to me.  It's cool pines getting some coverage and you can't deny the skill involved in what he does but I personally can't sit through those videos.

Expand Quote

[close]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

I see you,  the point I was trying to make is that he'll just seem so out of place flailing double inward heelflips around the course in between runs from sierra fellars and chaz ortiz.  I can see how the wording there makes it seem like I was legitimately worried about the one hawt amatur that pine would be kicking out of their spot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPd2ycoFGB8
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:42:57 AM by forks/knives save lives »

wheee!

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2009, 11:23:45 AM »
I seriously cant believe this dudes going to be in tampa am.

MikeyPioggia

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2009, 12:00:51 PM »
wow, this is fucking awful, you guys are really stoked on this? i couldnt even stand to watch the entire video.

ige

• Rep: -74
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2009, 12:04:12 PM »
wow, this is fucking awful, you guys are really stoked on this? i couldnt even stand to watch the entire video.
The truth.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2009, 12:09:01 PM »
lot of bitching over a little kid not sure who is gayer
ONTARIO CANADA

ugly ass kook

• Rep: -58
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2009, 12:15:34 PM »
worst style in the biz

lot of bitching over a little kid not sure who is gayer
18 isn't little.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2009, 12:16:34 PM »
i still shit on fam
ONTARIO CANADA

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2009, 01:19:57 PM »
pine, i wish you the best at tampa am and with your skateboard career. get a good filmer and success will follow

Seriously your filmer needs to get with the goddamned program.

Also, get a shoelace belt and a tie dyed tee. Grow out your hair and get an elastic headband. You will instantly become a pro/heartthrob. Boom.

I love watching these. They are awesome.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2009, 07:04:50 PM »
Pine, you gonna try again next year?

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2009, 07:43:43 PM »
yeah if they let me in, haha.

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2009, 07:48:31 PM »
good luck tomorrow pine, give em hell!
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"