Author Topic: ALL BERRICS VAGINA THREADS MERGED HERE  (Read 99926 times)

Lurkenstock

Re: berrics unified
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2009, 01:20:14 PM »
How did Berra pick the shops featured? There are definitely a few more places in Georgia than the ones listed.
I know how he picked the shops featured.
They paid The Berrics a substantial amount of money.
It's akin to advertising and the shops that are doing it are smart.
Hopefully kids will support their local shops more and more.

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2009, 01:40:19 PM »
ITS CALLED PAYIN THE FUCK DJ TO GET AIRPLAY DUMMIES
ONTARIO CANADA

Private Dancer

• Rep: -3
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2009, 01:46:28 PM »
It's all just so important. I appreciate the content on the site but I dont like all the power they are being given to govern shit...especially coming from such a thinly vailed business plan (albeit brilliant).

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2009, 01:51:26 PM »
HAY STEVE, THIS IS A GOOD THING YOU ARE DOING. BUT WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE TO TELL US THESE THINGS IN BLACK AND WHITE FOOTAGE, SOUNDING LIKE YOU ARE ABOUT TO CRY? THAT'S REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING, STEVE.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2009, 02:15:28 PM »
Haha good point!
I honestly believe that Steve Berra means well and i don't think his intentions are motivated by money. A lot of people are claiming that he gets a shitload of money through the Berrics but does anyone have any proof for this accusation?
Doesn't that Anonymous have someting to do with the berrics? in case does anyone know what exactly?

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2009, 02:21:13 PM »
If he's not a millionaire via advertising through the berrics by now, then he's a fucking idiot.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2009, 02:27:02 PM »
none in the bay area i wonder why, not too much berrics talk around here
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

foiedonk

• Rep: 8
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2009, 02:45:34 PM »
If he's not a millionaire via advertising through the berrics by now, then he's a fucking idiot.
You must be 16 if you are that dumb to think the berrics is really pulling in the cash. I think Berra sees it becoming a very profitable business in time but in no way is it raking in the dough right now.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2009, 02:59:30 PM »

The directory just launched and will undoubtedly fill up fast.

HAY STEVE, THIS IS A GOOD THING YOU ARE DOING. BUT WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE TO TELL US THESE THINGS IN BLACK AND WHITE FOOTAGE, SOUNDING LIKE YOU ARE ABOUT TO CRY?

It's an Omaha thing.

Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2009, 03:12:29 PM »
man that shit was awkward

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2009, 03:17:12 PM »
i have hole burnt straight through my face
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

crunk juice

• Rep: -16
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2009, 03:45:27 PM »
dude's self-awareness level is about on par with jrblastoff.

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2009, 03:57:08 PM »
Seems like an educational tool for regular kids that don't realize there is a real skateshop in there town.

EDIT:

I think its a good idea, and kudos to Berra.

era

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2009, 03:59:37 PM »
Down with the idea, but damn does berra love to hear himself talk.

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2009, 04:01:44 PM »
"and we're firing like an ak47" hahahahahah
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

Amos Moses

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2009, 04:44:53 PM »
Expand Quote
if it means all the little grommets that go on the site see that there is a cool shop in their area to go to rather than giving their money to zumies, then there is nothing bad that can be said about it. i look forward to seeing what their other initiatives are. kudos mr berra, you could easily ignore these shops and your site and business would continue to grow, but you're not. we all know it's easier to do nothing
[close]

wait, there are other skateshops, besides zumiez?

PacSun, they're way more OG.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2009, 04:53:17 PM »

Bear in mind:

He dropped $10-20,000 on the winners of Battle at the Berrics
He's about to drop the same (maybe more, who knows?) on the next BATB winners
He just rebuilt his park
The only things they sell are limited t-shirts and decks
And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the filmers, Donovan, etc. actually get paid.

I don't understand the hate Berra gets. Sure, his last video parts haven't been that great, he skates fake spots, he's a scientologist, blah blah, but he genuinely loves skateboarding and uses his extremely successful website to help out the people who deserve it.

shakebakedjunt

• Rep: -12
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2009, 05:13:54 PM »
i think the regular pros probably help to rebuild the park, and yeah everyone gets paid there(the guys that make the berrics happen) enough to live off so i agree, i dont think hes pulling that much money but this is the first thing that i actually like that hes doing. keep kids out of zumiez, ron john and all those mall stores and help the guys that got into for skating. never thought i'd say this but props to berra

ThatOneGuy

• Rep: -29
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2009, 05:21:36 PM »
"and we're firing like an ak47" hahahahahah

Well, i thought it was clever....

The whole black and white, dramatic speech's need to fucking stop though.

gnz

• Rep: 26
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2009, 05:23:16 PM »
Stop being so intense, Berra.  Shit.  I'm fantasizing about this happening again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz08JTrtXd4

BabyKillaSeason

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
    • AnotherDudeWithABlog avatar image
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2009, 06:13:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
if it means all the little grommets that go on the site see that there is a cool shop in their area to go to rather than giving their money to zumies, then there is nothing bad that can be said about it. i look forward to seeing what their other initiatives are. kudos mr berra, you could easily ignore these shops and your site and business would continue to grow, but you're not. we all know it's easier to do nothing
[close]

wait, there are other skateshops, besides zumiez?
[close]

there is a legit skateshop 1 block away from a shopping mall here and i guarantee 99% of the people that go to the zumies have no idea it exists
[close]

same thing back in colorado. we have a zumiez in an outlet mall, right across the street from my favorite skater-owned, hole-in-the-wall shop. The Grind wouldn't be able to stay open anymore if they didnt rent skis and sell lift tickets

damn you live up in silverthorn? Colorado rulez. p.s. The Denver Shop por vida.

TapLuxiferfet

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2009, 06:23:57 PM »
what the fuck is he talking about people/skateboarders losing jobs

complain, complain, complain blame too

survive the way baseball, basketball, and football do in America

This is why you don't see this guy in bigger films

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2009, 06:30:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bear in mind:

He dropped $10-20,000 on the winners of Battle at the Berrics
He's about to drop the same (maybe more, who knows?) on the next BATB winners
He just rebuilt his park
The only things they sell are limited t-shirts and decks
And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the filmers, Donovan, etc. actually get paid.

I don't understand the hate Berra gets. Sure, his last video parts haven't been that great, he skates fake spots, he's a scientologist, blah blah, but he genuinely loves skateboarding and uses his extremely successful website to help out the people who deserve it.

Agreed.

Sidewayslurkzine

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2009, 06:36:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The directory just launched and will undoubtedly fill up fast.

Expand Quote
HAY STEVE, THIS IS A GOOD THING YOU ARE DOING. BUT WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE TO TELL US THESE THINGS IN BLACK AND WHITE FOOTAGE, SOUNDING LIKE YOU ARE ABOUT TO CRY?
[close]

It's an Omaha thing.

hey you think your all funny with that joke hahah fuck you im from omaha
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 07:42:49 PM by Sidewayslurkzine »

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »
***this is a message I received from Steve at Exit in Philly***

The "Berrics Unified" is a new Advertising program launched by Steve Berra and The Berrics.

If you watched the video, and some how were lead to believe this program was a way to "Keep shops from closing their doors" or to "Show you who the IMPORTANT skateshops are". That's because this is in fact what Steve Berra told you. He did not inform that this is a program established to MAKE MONEY, that these are shops who have to PAY to be considered important. Unfortunately for many core (and now considered unimportant) shops a new $5280 annual advertising budget is completely unattainable, because most shops are "outspent, and out advertised by large corporations".

Berra speaks of consumer morals and "The principals skateboarding was founded upon" instead of being clear with his audience, and letting you know the truth "he is here to take your money". The only solid truth to be found in this video can be found on your own. We are well aware small skateboarding businesses are closing left and right. The strong few who remain struggle to survive. The important shops are not paying for ad space on this website... If you want to find the important shops in your community you need to get out there and find them yourself. This should not be hard. You can find them building PUBLIC parks and spots, throwing demo and events, and teaching kids the true "principals skateboarding was founded upon".

A scan of the information and rates sent to shops who filled out an inquiry can be found here http://tweetphoto.com/wjtzapjj. Don't believe everything fed to by an actor reading from a teleprompter.

TapLuxiferfet

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2009, 07:41:56 PM »

Don't believe everything fed to by an actor reading from a teleprompter.

I think Steve needs a teleprompter

whoopthattrick

• Rep: 1
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2009, 07:57:25 PM »
How did Berra pick the shops featured? There are definitely a few more places in Georgia than the ones listed.
THEY PAID MONEY TO HAVE THAT SHIT ON THERE. ITS FUNNY THE CANTEEN WILL LAUNCH ITS MAIL ORDER, ANYONE ON THE BIZ PART OF SKATEBOARDING KNOWS THAT HIS MAIL ORDER IS GOING TO TRY AND PUT ALL MAIL ORDERS OUT OF BIZ. BUT WAIT DONT ALL CORE SHOPS SELL ONLINE? SCIENTOLOGY IS ONE HELL OF A RELIGION.....

Epic

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2009, 08:00:45 PM »

The "Berrics Unified" is a new Advertising program launched by Steve Berra and The Berrics.

If you watched the video, and some how were lead to believe this program was a way to "Keep shops from closing their doors" or to "Show you who the IMPORTANT skateshops are". That's because this is in fact what Steve Berra told you. He did not inform that this is a program established to MAKE MONEY, that these are shops who have to PAY to be considered important. Unfortunately for many core (and now considered unimportant) shops a new $5280 annual advertising budget is completely unattainable, because most shops are "outspent, and out advertised by large corporations".

Berra speaks of consumer morals and "The principals skateboarding was founded upon" instead of being clear with his audience, and letting you know the truth "he is here to take your money". The only solid truth to be found in this video can be found on your own. We are well aware small skateboarding businesses are closing left and right. The strong few who remain struggle to survive. The important shops are not paying for ad space on this website... If you want to find the important shops in your community you need to get out there and find them yourself. This should not be hard. You can find them building PUBLIC parks and spots, throwing demo and events, and teaching kids the true "principals skateboarding was founded upon".

A scan of the information and rates sent to shops who filled out an inquiry can be found here http://tweetphoto.com/wjtzapjj. Don't believe everything fed to by an actor reading from a teleprompter.

Just lost all respect for anything that has to do with Steve Berra and Eric Koston.  Wow.

lilscraze

• Rep: -18
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2009, 08:07:37 PM »
Your argument is whack! If you do the math based on that rate sheet. Who even knows if it's real. At the very least it amounts to a whopping $1.64 a day or at the very most $14.47 per day. No need to loose respect!

MikeyPioggia

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2009, 08:08:49 PM »
happy to see berra directing the groms to real skate shops; this is a cool thing to do with the popularity of the berrics.
true