Author Topic: Anyone into cars?  (Read 17604 times)

mcpeepants

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
Re: Anyone into cars?
« Reply #210 on: May 28, 2011, 10:14:19 AM »
^Clean subie. I really like that color.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

AllOfTheEverything

« Reply #211 on: May 28, 2011, 12:55:06 PM »

Your dad's car is awesome and your signature is awesome. I love you. I'm drunk not gay.

Of course you're not gay if you love my sig. I appreciate it.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #212 on: May 28, 2011, 04:11:58 PM »
mine

Fuck yeah dude, nice ride!  I had an old Lancer as my first car, now I have 98 Lancia Delta, Ill post some pics tommorow.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #213 on: May 28, 2011, 06:29:36 PM »
new turbo kit
boost controller
blitz short ram intake
sway bar
blitz blowoff valve
short throw shifter
lowered
new suspension
50K miles my friend sold it to me for 10K
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:26:34 AM by Dr Steve Brule »
For Your Health

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #214 on: May 29, 2011, 07:30:24 PM »
just throwing this out. Tuesday nights in Western Mass, Hadley to be exact, there's a car meet. Anyone can show up. It's pretty small at the moment, but it's still fun!
who is this and exactly where is this meet? I keep on seeing some people meeting up at Taco Bell here and there so I take it thats it?

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #215 on: October 12, 2021, 09:48:02 PM »
Necromancy in progress.
Guess this would be the only car thread from searching. Shitbox revival for the winter and probably longer than that. 31 Chevy that termites have eaten most of so it’s getting steel to replace the wood frame that the body is nailed to and a 3 or 3 1/2” chop. Have a 53 full pressure 235 waiting to be built still looking for a rear end etc.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #216 on: October 13, 2021, 12:59:51 AM »
2016 Fiesta ST200. Stock. Got it about seven months ago.

Really fun car for the price. Horrific interior, zero tech; which is exactly what I want.

Super easy to modify, The Brits have a bunch of tuners (Mountune/Revo) I'm considering. Then again, for a FWD 200 hp is already enough.

companguero

• Rep: 248
  • sesquipedalian
Re: American "Wangan" appreciation , road rally shenanigans
« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2022, 10:40:01 AM »
• • S O U N D T R A C K • • background for post:

Main Focus : Recently discovered the japanese highway racing cultures, Mid Night and also the Kanjozoku in Osaka for examples.

Don't race or tune but I enjoy aggressive driving. Do Restaurant delivery , drove a United Independent taxi in my 20's , DoorDash to fill the gaps.
Rented a few sportscars on Turo... saving up to take out a Miata RF (ND) 

Am looking for an online presence of drivers and clubs that discuss driving/racing the american freeways.
Can't seem to find much other than drag racers and Cat'n'Mousers on youtube.

There are a few good loops to time attack in my area of Los Angeles:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Been making notes for organizing a local Rally around city streets incorporating scavenger hunt type antics.
Working Title was The CARona viRACE when the streets were quiet but still brainstorming a different theme.

Only thing similar I could find was this "Rental Car Rally". Groups costume up and hit interesting spots along a 400 mile route. looks fun.

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #218 on: April 01, 2022, 05:41:38 AM »
I swear there was another car thread no? Anyways here is my 1990 Mini. 998cc with stage one tuning.

No idea why the picture is cropped..
Anyways it's fun as to rip around town, but I live in the French Alps and going up the mountains kinda sucks, it's under powered and you have to adjust the Carb when you get up them/come down. The plan is to change the reg this year to a classic car reg and then slap a supercharger on it.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #219 on: April 01, 2022, 12:42:39 PM »
I love Honda Toyota DSM Mitsubishi the first car I drove was a 280 Zx. I like some euro imports but mostly I’m about Japanese cars.
Australian billet block dreams.

I imagine me in a crx with the swap of my choice

For American cars I like low riders. I like  Daytons Especially lead sleds.

You what is that round thing people put in the windows at vintage car shows? It looks like a bass tube or something. Some people have said it’s a drive in things but idk. I beet to the drive in but never seen one of those outside the low rider magazines.

Of course I love LS motors and stuff.

I like small rims. That kinda like my thing that I dislike about modern car culture. I don’t hate but 20s aren’t for me. I roll on steelies before I even thought about buying big rims unless they already on the car.

These are my first fb photos. In 2009 the homie Danny Carney said you you don’t have FB?!? Let me help you out dude. That’s when I shortly got serious about cars.

I can spin a wrench but I rarely get to.

That Honda isn’t mine but it’s near identical to mine was. Mine had the original 14” rims in black and red. He said whatever it looks like you’re car.

I thought I was never going to use fb.

Someday I’ll get another one I hope but I fear it’s too late to get dope civics cheap
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #220 on: April 01, 2022, 09:58:02 PM »
@Uncle Flea these?

Thats proto air conditioning. Fill it full of ice and the wind from driving blows cool air into the cabin.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #221 on: April 02, 2022, 07:47:16 AM »
@Uncle Flea these?

Thats proto air conditioning. Fill it full of ice and the wind from driving blows cool air into the cabin.

Yes!!! Thank you.

Oh my god look at that ride.

(A)pl(E)

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #222 on: April 02, 2022, 07:55:23 AM »
Tried Focus RS 2016... damn, it was fun! Almost better than STI.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #223 on: April 02, 2022, 08:16:24 AM »
I like rotary motors too.

It’s a shame that everyone I’m friends with gave up on them and went LS swap.

I knew that coolant seals and apex seals would get better.

I want to bridge port a rotor to see if I can pull it off sometime. I learned from watching youtube and think it would be fun to see if I can actually do it
(A)pl(E)

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2022, 10:46:33 AM »
I like rotary motors too.

It’s a shame that everyone I’m friends with gave up on them and went LS swap.

I knew that coolant seals and apex seals would get better.

I want to bridge port a rotor to see if I can pull it off sometime. I learned from watching youtube and think it would be fun to see if I can actually do it

Nothing beats the sound of a rotary. One day I'll get an old rx7. The sound of the old Mazda group c 767 B is the best sounding car I have ever heard in my life.

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 177
« Reply #225 on: January 30, 2024, 05:36:06 AM »
Replying to this old thread was going to start a new one but eh this is already here.

Here’s my 1969 Holden hb torana long list of things done to it…
Basically a resto mod, car weighs 950kg, put a 3.8ltr v6 from a 2002 Holden commodore, built th700, built and shortened diff from a vl commodore, cut out and fabbed up a trans tunnel, made engine mounts all that stuff. Redone interior, resprayed (roof is original) fun cruiser n she moves pretty well with the power to weight. Still a lot more I’d like to do just something to chip away at hopefully this yr.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #226 on: January 30, 2024, 06:42:52 AM »
That's sick dude! Proper sleeper also! Been tinkering on my mini, getting it ready for a control technique (like this safety check every two years here).

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #227 on: January 30, 2024, 01:49:17 PM »
jist finished a JDM ej253 swap
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1061
« Reply #228 on: January 30, 2024, 02:33:25 PM »
@Orangepulp1000

Never heard of a Holden, but at first glance I thought it was a Chevy Nova sedan. Love the headliner work.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 214
« Reply #229 on: January 30, 2024, 02:34:11 PM »
Man, I could talk about cars all day. And anyone saying MX5’s are girls cars have obviously never driven one. One day I will have one..

It’s a good “getting to sleep” trick. Each night I pick a different model car and modify it while I’m trying to get to sleep… for example I’ll think of a stock car (an original first RS2 Audi wagon and slowly in my mind make it lose half its value but which engine upgrades, which rims rotiform rims (Llantas 17x9,5).

Then I start modifying the engine and interior etc. and it works!!!! I know I’m not the only one who does this.

Last nights new Raptor R was a cainer!!! I didn’t want to go to sleep. But 10 minutes in I’m asleep

I’m weird as fuck.

Barra the world

Orangepulp1000

« Reply #230 on: January 30, 2024, 04:27:07 PM »
That's sick dude! Proper sleeper also! Been tinkering on my mini, getting it ready for a control technique (like this safety check every two years here).

Thanks man appreciate it, definitely been a labour of love with the odd bit of hate thrown in haha. Yeah sick! Love the mini’s!

Orangepulp1000

« Reply #231 on: January 30, 2024, 04:30:30 PM »
@Orangepulp1000

Never heard of a Holden, but at first glance I thought it was a Chevy Nova sedan. Love the headliner work.

It’s was an Australian GM company but they stopped making them a few yrs ago now. The  Pontiac g8 is actually a Ve holden commodore ss they shipped over to the states. They have a deep history and some nice muscle cars. Worth a look at.

Orangepulp1000

« Reply #232 on: January 30, 2024, 04:33:24 PM »
Man, I could talk about cars all day. And anyone saying MX5’s are girls cars have obviously never driven one. One day I will have one..

It’s a good “getting to sleep” trick. Each night I pick a different model car and modify it while I’m trying to get to sleep… for example I’ll think of a stock car (an original first RS2 Audi wagon and slowly in my mind make it lose half its value but which engine upgrades, which rims rotiform rims (Llantas 17x9,5).

Then I start modifying the engine and interior etc. and it works!!!! I know I’m not the only one who does this.

Last nights new Raptor R was a cainer!!! I didn’t want to go to sleep. But 10 minutes in I’m asleep

I’m weird as fuck.

Barra the world

Ahaha nah I do the same thing aye. Spend way too much time on car sales looking at cars I’ll never get.

Love a Barra! Had a G6e turbo as a daily for a bit. That thing chopped

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #233 on: January 30, 2024, 08:40:34 PM »
Australia has the best car scene in the world. It’s not Japan or close but we have the fastest Skyline GTR title and a MASSIVE import scene when we get spoiled with amazing HSV and FPV’s of the showroom.

But the best car culture if you’ve into super rare imports is NZ. Everywhere is getting waaaay more $$$ but :(

The hatch below wasn’t named a GTR for nathan.

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2024, 08:43:02 PM »

Different subject of cars but does anyone here follow IROZ and their Audi madness?