Author Topic: New Skateplaza in Madrid  (Read 8559 times)

EricLogan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Skateplaza in Madrid
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2009, 04:45:34 AM »
Look at the comments.    ;D

double face-palming so hard right now
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2009, 06:05:52 AM »
Expand Quote
skate plazas are for people who can only throw down 1 trick at a time. 

the whole place is a 1 trick set up spot for people to film at.  thats what street skating has turned into at this point.  its funny how people will do a trick they can land 1 out of 50 tries, film it, then think it means something.  somewhere, somehow, skateboarding forgot the importance of consistency.  now people just throw up a prayer, look completely regular, and hope they roll away while they're being filmed.  its almost like we're going back to the 90s but its worse. 

i watched jason dill part in mosiac the other day and the whole part was all lines, no one trick nothing, no lucky bullshit.  he mixed up all types of skating into his lines and all his tricks were done with style and showed his consistency, thats a true pro IMO.  all these one trick ponies with their 1 trick after 1 trick after 1 trick can beat it.  its nothing but a giant snooze fest and i'm fresh out of coffee.     

anyway, the place looks fun.  i would find a way to land as many tricks as possible without stopping.  my goal would be to get a trick(stupid or otherwise) on every little part of that park, then go home and have a beer.   

[close]

What's funny is that you're preaching consistency, but you would say people like mike mo, p-rod and shane are "boring", and they're the most consistent. For the record, most of the main kids i see at both wilmington and the la plaza(including myself) are consistent as fuck. Skateparks in general make you consistent, it's just people are consistent at different stuff. A kid that goes to a plaza is probably consistent at doing tricks down stairs, where as a kid that goes to skateparks that just have/are mostly transition is probably consistent at 360 fly outs.

mike mo is good at skating perfect set up spots and thats it.  he couldn't throwdown at the brooklyn banks, he couldn't throwdown at manny mania.  instead that chump stayed using tampons for his leaky vagina.  just say no to mike mo.
p-rod aka captain yawn skates like a handicapped snail on xanax.  hes put me into a coma several times with his slowboarding parts.  i'm not saying prod sucks, i'm saying hes boring to watch.
i dont know who this shane guy is so i'm not going to comment on him, but if you like him i probably won't.     

its funny how you say you want to make it in skateboarding but you limit yourself to a couple of aspect of it.  kids are always asking me, "how do i get sponsored, how do i get noticed?  and my answer has always been the same, don't limit yourself, learn to skate everything and have fun doing it.
you hate on the dudes doing their own thing but stair/rail/ledge kids are a dime a dozen these days so why would anyone notice you?  why would anyone care?
you say skateparks are lame but if you get flow/am/pro status, you're going to be doing demos at skateparks.  you really think the team manager is going to be happy watching you skate flatground and a box the whole time?   

imagine you got on a company and you go to your first demo and all you're doing is fliptricks and ledge tricks.  then mike v(who i know you can't stand) shows up and starts flying all over the place doing his "cornball" tricks". 
who do you think the kids are going to remember?  COTG, the guy who skates like everyone else in town? or mike v the guy who skates like nobody else they'd ever seen? 
its going to be mike v 10 out of 10 times. he'll stay selling more boards than you, sign more autographs than you, get more kids hyped on skating than you and make more of a lasting impression than you.  the dude you hate so much, the dude you think sucks so bad, we'll be remember long after you've been forgotten.  think about that. 

jacquesknife

• Rep: -29
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2009, 06:23:11 AM »
Totally! So many skate videos now are just slight variations of the same old tricks and lines, and although they are tech as fuck, they soon fade from memory. How many sets of stairs have you seen flipped?!!

However, I will always remember the sort of shit Mike V does (wack or not).

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2009, 06:41:40 AM »
I think we can all agree that arguing with COTG is pointless, he's the best skater to post on slap, none of us are any good.
I mean seriously, he did a nollie heel flip noseslide, and a noseslide nollieheel out....you guys need to stop fucking around and eaccept him as our king.
Scott Pazelt would be proud.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2009, 07:19:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

the whole place is a 1 trick set up spot for people to film at.  thats what street skating has turned into at this point.  its funny how people will do a trick they can land 1 out of 50 tries, film it, then think it means something.  somewhere, somehow, skateboarding forgot the importance of consistency.  now people just throw up a prayer, look completely regular, and hope they roll away while they're being filmed.  its almost like we're going back to the 90s but its worse. 

i watched jason dill part in mosiac the other day and the whole part was all lines, no one trick nothing, no lucky bullshit.  he mixed up all types of skating into his lines and all his tricks were done with style and showed his consistency, thats a true pro IMO.  all these one trick ponies with their 1 trick after 1 trick after 1 trick can beat it.  its nothing but a giant snooze fest and i'm fresh out of coffee.     

anyway, the place looks fun.  i would find a way to land as many tricks as possible without stopping.  my goal would be to get a trick(stupid or otherwise) on every little part of that park, then go home and have a beer.   

[close]

What's funny is that you're preaching consistency, but you would say people like mike mo, p-rod and shane are "boring", and they're the most consistent. For the record, most of the main kids i see at both wilmington and the la plaza(including myself) are consistent as fuck. Skateparks in general make you consistent, it's just people are consistent at different stuff. A kid that goes to a plaza is probably consistent at doing tricks down stairs, where as a kid that goes to skateparks that just have/are mostly transition is probably consistent at 360 fly outs.
[close]

mike mo is good at skating perfect set up spots and thats it.  he couldn't throwdown at the brooklyn banks, he couldn't throwdown at manny mania.  instead that chump stayed using tampons for his leaky vagina.  just say no to mike mo.
p-rod aka captain yawn skates like a handicapped snail on xanax.  hes put me into a coma several times with his slowboarding parts.  i'm not saying prod sucks, i'm saying hes boring to watch.
i dont know who this shane guy is so i'm not going to comment on him, but if you like him i probably won't.     

its funny how you say you want to make it in skateboarding but you limit yourself to a couple of aspect of it.  kids are always asking me, "how do i get sponsored, how do i get noticed?  and my answer has always been the same, don't limit yourself, learn to skate everything and have fun doing it.
you hate on the dudes doing their own thing but stair/rail/ledge kids are a dime a dozen these days so why would anyone notice you?  why would anyone care?
you say skateparks are lame but if you get flow/am/pro status, you're going to be doing demos at skateparks.  you really think the team manager is going to be happy watching you skate flatground and a box the whole time?   

imagine you got on a company and you go to your first demo and all you're doing is fliptricks and ledge tricks.  then mike v(who i know you can't stand) shows up and starts flying all over the place doing his "cornball" tricks". 
who do you think the kids are going to remember?  COTG, the guy who skates like everyone else in town? or mike v the guy who skates like nobody else they'd ever seen? 
its going to be mike v 10 out of 10 times. he'll stay selling more boards than you, sign more autographs than you, get more kids hyped on skating than you and make more of a lasting impression than you.  the dude you hate so much, the dude you think sucks so bad, we'll be remember long after you've been forgotten.  think about that. 

Mike mo came in 3rd at manny mania, and brooklyn banks is the gayest spot on earth for the record. I'm not limiting myself, I'm skating the way i like skating. I can guarantee if someone came in here and said they didn't skate stairs and rails, or didn't skate street all together you wouldn't say they were limiting themselves, you would say some gay shit about being "unique", and "raw".

As far as "doing their own thing" none of the dudes you like are "doing their own thing". If combo tricks, no complys, and fake transition is popular at the time, you're not "doing your own thing" you're skating exactly like everyone else, but for some reason (i guess because the tricks are gayer) these people think they're "different" or "creative".

The only reason people remeber mike v is because it's hard to forget something that's hysterically funny to watch.
I think we can all agree that arguing with COTG is pointless, he's the best skater to post on slap, none of us are any good.
I mean seriously, he did a nollie heel flip noseslide, and a noseslide nollieheel out....you guys need to stop fucking around and eaccept him as our king.
Scott Pazelt would be proud.

8)

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2009, 07:44:35 AM »
and brooklyn banks is the gayest spot on earth for the record.

Nice comeback there pal.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2009, 07:46:24 AM »
COTG IS THE BEST SKATEBOARDER EVA, AND YOU KNOW ITS TRUE CAUSE I AM TYPIGN IN CAPS!

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2009, 07:49:30 AM »
i dont know man i learned nollie heelflip last night i think i am comin up in the ranks on slap

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2009, 07:55:16 AM »
i dont know man i learned nollie heelflip last night i think i am comin up in the ranks on slap

Just learn em into noseslides and you'll be "a good skateboarder."  Cause we all know nollie heel noseslides are what separate good skateboarders from the shitty ones.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:07:42 AM by jeremyrandall »

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2009, 07:56:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just learn em into noseslides and you'll be "a good skateboarder."  Cause we all know nollie heel noseslides are what separate good skateboarders from the shitty ones."
Now you're coming around.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2009, 08:03:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Mike mo came in 3rd at manny mania, and brooklyn banks is the gayest spot on earth for the record. I'm not limiting myself, I'm skating the way i like skating. I can guarantee if someone came in here and said they didn't skate stairs and rails, or didn't skate street all together you wouldn't say they were limiting themselves, you would say some gay shit about being "unique", and "raw".

As far as "doing their own thing" none of the dudes you like are "doing their own thing". If combo tricks, no complys, and fake transition is popular at the time, you're not "doing your own thing" you're skating exactly like everyone else, but for some reason (i guess because the tricks are gayer) these people think they're "different" or "creative".

The only reason people remeber mike v is because it's hard to forget something that's hysterically funny to watch.

lets be clear, mike mo he did not earn it.  i was there, he landed 1 memorable trick, halfcab flip backside flip out and he only landed it once.   that was pretty much it, while other dudes were landing mad shit and got no love whatsoever.  he got money because the judges were stacked in his favor, and thats the ultimate gay shit if you ask me.        
just like chico won the previous year because koston was judging.  i love chico as much as the next guy but he didn't land shit and walked away with $$$.   thats another reason why i stopped respecting koston as a person.  contests are just a way for whoevers friend to make extra cash without actually earning it, and that shit is lame as fuck.

and when have i commented on what/who i like?  i like all skateboarding.  stair/rail/fliptricks skaters only bother me if thats the only thing in their part.  i don't care on way or the other what someone is doing(lame trendy tricks or otherwsie) as long as they're not boring to watch. 

p-rod doing flip tricks down stairs, skating rails and getting tech on ledges is old already.  he did it the city stars video(his best part to date AFAIC) and should have moved onto something else.  i'd be stoked if he put out some miniramp footage but no, he puts out the same parts doing the same tricks going slow as hell, thats why i find him uninteresting to watch.  its the same deal with mike mo or anyone else who does the same thing all the time, its fuckin lame.

its cool, i know i'll never learn nollieflip noseslides and be awesome like you.  i don't have to because at the end of the day, i'll always have more fun than you.  you can continue to look at skateboarding with a jocks perspective, thats your thing, being the best and thats all that matters.   

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2009, 08:17:21 AM »
nollie heel noses on flat ledges suck
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2009, 08:29:43 AM »
you know how that guy said "kids at skate plazas only get 1 trick per day"
thats regular
if anything i just see kids putting down more and more insane shit than ever before
our park got this brand new bowl and its all BMX, and old guys, and a few kook little kids that sakte it
then we have a "street" section which is pretty wack. its like a table top, a stair case with hubbas and handrail, and a pyramid hip, and like 1 flat ledge. its real lame. id way rather have the straight up street plaza like they have in the city 1 town over.

i see this one kid who used to be a nobody (not the guys in the videos)
then they built this fucking amazing plaza in their city
and now i seen this guy hanging out there with his girlfriend who skates (lol) but he is fucking destroying that shit daily
he does kicfklip bs nosegrind like every try on these gnarly ass ledge-to-drops
3 flips up the stairs in the line too
so much nuts shit on command
all these kids who skate there are fucking so much better than everyone else now

http://www.newlineskateparks.com/Video/?v=24

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2009, 08:38:02 AM »

that's pretty much how i skate

it's kind of weird for me though because i don't really fit in with the barney guys, they will make "street skater" comments to me from time to time and i actually try new tricks and fall. some guys i know call me the street geezer. but with the kids it's the opposite like i'm this tranny only guy. but the truth is that i just like to skate everything except things that are so big that i don't want to mess with the slam because i will slam because i get bored with doing the same old same old safe shit. i don't film, i'm not trying to get sponsored and like lurk said, i like to be able to skate whatever and not be limited. so i don't skate 13 foot tranny and i don't skate 13 stair drops. but i'll skate a little drop and i'll skate a 5 foot tight tranny with a foot of vert on it.

but i think COTG should skate what he's into, that line was sick and it sounds like he's heading for a similar path to what i took. do as good as you can while you can and when you get older if it's not your career you mellow out a bit. except i don't think you have to limit yourself to just transition. transition can be gnarlier than street. you just at some point have to mellow out and stop breaking yourself off on gnarly shit.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2009, 08:43:34 AM »
who said 1 trick per day?  i said its a one trick set up spot to film at.  please learn to read.

the video you posted shows exactly what i'm talking about.  he had two 2 trick lines(i consider 4 tricks or more an actual line, sorry i have higher standards) and the rest was him doing 1 trick after 1 trick after 1 trick.  its good but its beat and only proves my point.  if he did those tricks in 1 line, i'd give him mad props,  right now hes getting a "meh" rating from me because its impossible for me to tell if he did it first try or 50th try.

i've said this in the past many times, i enjoy everyones skating but i will not give anyone respect until i see them skate in person.
video clips/parts only tells me you got a filmer with a camera, nothing more.   

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2009, 08:51:05 AM »
i get what your saying faster but i'm sure even booze puts quite a few tries into his lines when he's filming. and when i'm trying something new i'll try it a billion times in a row. sure if i land it i keep going but that's just part of learning something.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2009, 08:55:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

it's kind of weird for me though because i don't really fit in with the barney guys, they will make "street skater" comments to me from time to time and i actually try new tricks and fall. some guys i know call me the street geezer. but with the kids it's the opposite like i'm this tranny only guy. but the truth is that i just like to skate everything except things that are so big that i don't want to mess with the slam because i will slam because i get bored with doing the same old same old safe shit. i don't film, i'm not trying to get sponsored and like lurk said, i like to be able to skate whatever and not be limited. so i don't skate 13 foot tranny and i don't skate 13 stair drops. but i'll skate a little drop and i'll skate a 5 foot tight tranny with a foot of vert on it.

sometimes the old man throws down when i'm feeling it, sometimes i'm content doing ollies all day.  as far as the younger kids that talk shit on me, the majority of them are going to quit anyway so their opinion means nothing to me.  the only way it would bother me is if some lifer came up talking shit but that would never happen because lifers don't give a shit about what you're doing or not doing, they only care that you're still doing it and having fun doing it.      

thats the difference between the older generation and newer.  
old dudes don't care and young dudes care too much.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2009, 08:56:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

lets be clear, mike mo he did not earn it.  i was there, he landed 1 memorable trick, halfcab flip backside flip out and he only landed it once.   that was pretty much it, while other dudes were landing mad shit and got no love whatsoever.  he got money because the judges were stacked in his favor, and thats the ultimate gay shit if you ask me.        
just like chico won the previous year because koston was judging.  i love chico as much as the next guy but he didn't land shit and walked away with $$$.   thats another reason why i stopped respecting koston as a person.  contests are just a way for whoevers friend to make extra cash without actually earning it, and that shit is lame as fuck.

and when have i commented on what/who i like?  i like all skateboarding.  stair/rail/fliptricks skaters only bother me if thats the only thing in their part.  i don't care on way or the other what someone is doing(lame trendy tricks or otherwsie) as long as they're not boring to watch. 

p-rod doing flip tricks down stairs, skating rails and getting tech on ledges is old already.  he did it the city stars video(his best part to date AFAIC) and should have moved onto something else.  i'd be stoked if he put out some miniramp footage but no, he puts out the same parts doing the same tricks going slow as hell, thats why i find him uninteresting to watch.  its the same deal with mike mo or anyone else who does the same thing all the time, its fuckin lame.

its cool, i know i'll never learn nollieflip noseslides and be awesome like you.  i don't have to because at the end of the day, i'll always have more fun than you.  you can continue to look at skateboarding with a jocks perspective, thats your thing, being the best and thats all that matters.   

This is why nothing you say ever has any merit. I can guarantee kerry getz is one of your favorite skates, and he puts out the exact same part for 12 years. P rod doesn't skate slow, there's one line in the nike video where he's going slow, the rest are no push lines where he grinds/slides long as fuck on both tricks, which means you have to be going fast. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Just say you don't like p-rod, because you're a hater. Don't get caught contradicting by fabricating reasons to try and justify your hate.
Expand Quote
[close]

but i think COTG should skate what he's into, that line was sick and it sounds like he's heading for a similar path to what i took. do as good as you can while you can and when you get older if it's not your career you mellow out a bit. except i don't think you have to limit yourself to just transition. transition can be gnarlier than street. you just at some point have to mellow out and stop breaking yourself off on gnarly shit.
This is exactly what I'm saying. Try to rip while you can.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2009, 09:15:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
This is why nothing you say ever has any merit. I can guarantee kerry getz is one of your favorite skates, and he puts out the exact same part for 12 years. P rod doesn't skate slow, there's one line in the nike video where he's going slow, the rest are no push lines where he grinds/slides long as fuck on both tricks, which means you have to be going fast. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Just say you don't like p-rod, because you're a hater. Don't get caught contradicting by fabricating reasons to try and justify your hate.

kerry getz is good but hes not my favorite skater by a long shot.  i don't have any favorites outside of the skaters i grew up watching.
p-rod skates slow my man, he just knows how wax a ledge and sit on his tricks.  i never once said i hated p-rod, only that i find his skating boring.  why is that consider hate?
and for the record, theres only 1 skater that i just can't stand and thats TK.
i don't know him personally but whenever i do see him, hes running his mouth and trying to act like hes the shit and that goes for everyone.

its cool my dude, you concentrate on being the best skateboader, i'll continue to settle for mediocrity.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2009, 10:26:24 AM »
Expand Quote
As shitty and overblown and mainstream as skating is getting...at least the world is getting some fucking amazing skateparks out of it.  This place looks sick!!
[close]
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

yeah dude!

« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2009, 10:54:52 AM »
nollie heel noses on flat ledges suck

:-[ :-\ :-[ :-\ :-[ :-\ :'(

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2009, 11:26:12 AM »
are you wearing a spyderbilt shirt in that line COTG?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »
Nah that's a skateshop shirt.

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2009, 12:34:04 PM »
COTG IS THE BEST SKATEBOARDER EVA, AND YOU KNOW ITS TRUE CAUSE I AM TYPIGN IN CAPS!
hell yeah

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2009, 12:51:09 PM »
paul skates fast enough, ronson lambert, now that fucker goes too slow

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2009, 01:08:30 PM »

They be biters yo

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2009, 01:13:11 PM »
pauls not a power skater and that what i enjoy most on video. so i enjoy his parts but they aren't what i watch to get hyped to go skate because i can't really relate it to how i skate, kind of like a bob burnquest or rodney mullen part.

but watching him skate in person is impressive as fuck and his speed matches real well to his rediculously casual approach to really hard tricks. i've never seen someone destroy a prop like prod did and almost look bored while doing it and never once fall or loose control of his board. it was truely one of the more amazing things i've seen in skating. guys definitely ledgend status in my book. truely amazing skater. but i'd say the same thing about bob or rodney.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2009, 02:07:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Basking in mediocrity is not cool.
[close]

dude u got mad buttery ass steeze and every trick u did was perfect beyond teaching

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2009, 02:55:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They be biters yo

its the same company, the "skate shop" is inside a surf shop thats owned by the same people as that.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2009, 02:58:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Look at the comments.    ;D
[close]

double face-palming so hard right now
I'm happy no one acknowledged this. I hope you feel like the cornball you are now.