Author Topic: Subscribe to my youtube?...please?  (Read 1836 times)

Bobby Kucera

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13

nylin

Re: Subscribe to my youtube?...please?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 09:50:31 PM »
No.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 12:59:26 AM »
So could someone break it down to me how Youtube actually works? I see people always begging for subscribers and likes and shit, and some people seems to be making pretty professional content, but can you actually gain anything other than "internet dollars" when your video of a dog playing the banjo reaches 12,000,000 views?
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Mr Squiggle

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 02:19:43 AM »
So could someone break it down to me how Youtube actually works? I see people always begging for subscribers and likes and shit, and some people seems to be making pretty professional content, but can you actually gain anything other than "internet dollars" when your video of a dog playing the banjo reaches 12,000,000 views?

You can have your account monetized which basically just throws banner ads beside your videos or will put a full movie trailer or commercial before your video.

I dont know what the pay scale is like or how much you can actually make, but clearly youtube is not targeting the iphone skatepark montage videos this guy has

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 04:10:40 AM »
Just think how lame your stuff is when something as considerably crappy as this has so many more views.

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 07:11:20 AM »
Man, that was so fake, I could totally see the strings!

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 09:51:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You can have your account monetized which basically just throws banner ads beside your videos or will put a full movie trailer or commercial before your video.

I dont know what the pay scale is like or how much you can actually make, but clearly youtube is not targeting the iphone skatepark montage videos this guy has

Has anyone seen actual figures or have an example of how much some mid-range people make? Been curious about this too.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 987
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 11:09:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Has anyone seen actual figures or have an example of how much some mid-range people make? Been curious about this too.

Check for any channel you want http://socialblade.com/youtube/

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 09:26:29 PM »
Cool, thanks!

*edit. so judging by that site Epic Meal Time might be making ?168,859 - ?1,576,013 /yr
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:30:04 PM by burm »

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 11:48:12 PM »
That table is pretty hard for me to read. Is the estimated earning by each date a range for just that day alone? How could someone make 4 thousand euros one day and then zero for the next two? Also, I don't think it has the earnings estimations for lot of channels. I put in a few of the skateboarding ones with a bunch of views and didnt get much info. Pretty cool site though once it's fully operational.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 12:43:03 AM »
one of my homies is monetized for one of his videos. It has more than 100K views and hes up like 60 bucks or something like that. You do not get anything from Youtube until you break 100 dollars though, at least for him.

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 987
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 09:30:12 AM »
It's all estimated earnings but the lows and highs are accurate. So by going from that, EpicMealTime at it's lowest is still making good money. All that is aside from the special endorsements they do with Netflix. A friend of mine met them in LA a month or so ago and the dudes wouldn't mention specific numbers, but the channel grossed them over a million last year. Split between the 8 dudes that run it, they're doing alright.

If you can come up with something that you like filming and it's popular, do it. It's free to take your shot at it. Busey had involvement in a project that was a YouTube success story but I'm not sure if he saw money from that or not.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 10:23:30 PM »
...just don't use music you don't own. I got a partner offer (didn't want to do that because I hate banner ads or the idea of a 30 second commercial for a one minute clip), after you apply they audit your channel and if they find copyright infringement that they're filter hasn't already picked up, they focus your channel, or delete the vids in question and prevent you from applying again. 

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 08:43:45 AM »
Yeah, I think whenever you decide to try and make money with a media project, i.e. do it "professionally", you should respect others rights as well.

It's just so easy nowadays to a) gain access to music without paying for it and b) publish your work, that I'm not surprised if people don't understand royalties.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 08:53:30 AM »
no thanks.

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 09:22:24 AM »

Beeda Weeda