Author Topic: ZERO STRANGE WORLD REVIEW(RANT)  (Read 25891 times)

jeremyrandall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: ZERO STRANGE WORLD REVIEW(RANT)
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2009, 02:11:58 AM »
What's funny is that even though I am not sponsored and no one has ever heard of me other than as a slap board poster, I continually claim to be a better skateboarder than everyone else. Just an observation.

Yeah...that is an odd observation COTG.  Very funny indeed.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2009, 02:19:57 AM »
Ishod wair wasn't sponsored in 2008. He switch flipped love and hardflipped it. You'd be surprised how many good people aren't sponsored. I know two kids personally that only have shop sponsors that are better than 90% of the dudes guys post on here. 90% of getting sponsored is having footage and being in the right places at the right times.

Not to mention aside from the few pro skateboarders here, there's only like two people on here that regularly post and are sponsored/flow.  Added to the fact that none of you actually skateboard. All i have to do is go out of the door and kickflip on the sidewalk and I'm better than 99% of the people on here.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:33:36 AM by ChildoftheGhetto »

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2009, 02:37:54 AM »
By 'right place and right time' do you mean you have to get your sponsor-tape sent out before the post office shuts?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2009, 03:14:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah, but you also claimed that you didn't really see anything wrong with Ben Gilley's style, thus voiding your entire argument.
[close]
you completely misunderstood me. i said that his style was never as completely terrible as it is now. i even said he skates like he's 30 pounds heavier and said his attempts and make on the last 5050 were unbearable. but yeah, i can understand how you would think i found nothing wrong with his style.

as for the stills, they weren't meant to showcase how bad his style was, they were just meant to point out specific tricks that were done especially bad. the tricks look bad in the stills, but if you watch back those tricks in their entirety they don't look any better.

[close]
You took this millisecond clips of him as far down as he got. I guarantee if somebody put in the effort, they could make Paul Rodriguez's switch 360 flip you got on your avatar look like he landed taking a shit. It looks fine if you see any of those stills in context.
[close]
that 5050 front shove looked worse in video than a still could possibly represent. same with that pop shove, among other tricks. that's the difference between taking a still of the footage of a perfectly done switch tre done by prod, and a still of the footage of most tricks done by keegan sauder.
[close]
They looked fine on video, you are a dumbshit. He caught the shove it fine, that's a huge drop, if he didn't catch it well, he would have eaten shit.
[close]
even if you thought the stiff legs bent over shit looks good, you know damn well that 5050 front shove was ugly. there is such a thing as getting lucky, and cleary keegan experienced it with that shove on the fountain gap.
In every single one of the pictures you posted, his knees are bent, or about to bend. The "bent over" aspect that you are talking about is far worse in Paul Rodriguez's landing of the switch 360 flip you have in your avatar. While you have made your opinion loud and clear, you still lack one person saying they agree, and almost every person who has posted since your first dumbshit post have been talking about how fucking stupid and baseless your shitty opinion is. Those who didn't talk about what a tasteless moron you are didn't talk about you at all. Your opinion, while allowed, is not being supported no matter what you say. All of these things which you find to be undeniable have been thuroughly rejected and denied by every other person who has seen this video.The more you speak of it, the more you invite mockery.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 689
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2009, 06:28:17 AM »
Ishod wair wasn't sponsored in 2008. He switch flipped love and hardflipped it. You'd be surprised how many good people aren't sponsored. I know two kids personally that only have shop sponsors that are better than 90% of the dudes guys post on here. 90% of getting sponsored is having footage and being in the right places at the right times.

Not to mention aside from the few pro skateboarders here, there's only like two people on here that regularly post and are sponsored/flow.  Added to the fact that none of you actually skateboard. All i have to do is go out of the door and kickflip on the sidewalk and I'm better than 99% of the people on here.

so true man i know so many bad people who are hooked up especially in canada its real bad, especially west 49 they hook up fucking anyone who is willing to taste some corporate cum for a fucking 15% discount on a fucking billy talent t shirt

thing is about skating too nowadays is all the companies are so lame and there is no future in it so we are seeing more and more guys who are next level not pushing their potential. guaranteed you are going to see way less stair and rail hammers in the next few years cause no one is going to want to do that stuff anymore. the next group of guys arent going to want to blow thier back out for 1 video part worth of coverage, now you gotta fucking market yourself and become a brand like tiger or jordan. thats why vanessa torres is pro, she is attractive and probably hangs out at LA skate parks a lot and is a distinguished figure in that community (which is huge) its not like she is pushing skateboarding technically-wise or anything, she can just ride good enough (thats the 10% cotg was talkin about) to maintain pro status

lurk daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -464
  • put the FU back in fun
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2009, 06:45:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
who is willing to taste some corporate cum for a fucking 15% discount on a fucking billy talent t shirt

probably the 1st time these two words have been used in a sentence

anyway i wouldve like to have hated keegans part like i thought he would, but the song is cool. he kickfliped and ollied some serious shit.

sheldon and donovan were highlights for me kids front feeb was extremely stylish
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 06:49:18 AM by lurk daddy »
IF YOU HAVE SEX ONCE, YOU GET HERPES. IF YOU DO COKE ONCE, YOU DIE AND LOSE YOUR JOB.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2009, 07:17:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah, but you also claimed that you didn't really see anything wrong with Ben Gilley's style, thus voiding your entire argument.
[close]
you completely misunderstood me. i said that his style was never as completely terrible as it is now. i even said he skates like he's 30 pounds heavier and said his attempts and make on the last 5050 were unbearable. but yeah, i can understand how you would think i found nothing wrong with his style.

as for the stills, they weren't meant to showcase how bad his style was, they were just meant to point out specific tricks that were done especially bad. the tricks look bad in the stills, but if you watch back those tricks in their entirety they don't look any better.

[close]
You took this millisecond clips of him as far down as he got. I guarantee if somebody put in the effort, they could make Paul Rodriguez's switch 360 flip you got on your avatar look like he landed taking a shit. It looks fine if you see any of those stills in context.
[close]
that 5050 front shove looked worse in video than a still could possibly represent. same with that pop shove, among other tricks. that's the difference between taking a still of the footage of a perfectly done switch tre done by prod, and a still of the footage of most tricks done by keegan sauder.
[close]
They looked fine on video, you are a dumbshit. He caught the shove it fine, that's a huge drop, if he didn't catch it well, he would have eaten shit.
[close]
even if you thought the stiff legs bent over shit looks good, you know damn well that 5050 front shove was ugly. there is such a thing as getting lucky, and cleary keegan experienced it with that shove on the fountain gap.
[close]
In every single one of the pictures you posted, his knees are bent, or about to bend. The "bent over" aspect that you are talking about is far worse in Paul Rodriguez's landing of the switch 360 flip you have in your avatar. While you have made your opinion loud and clear, you still lack one person saying they agree, and almost every person who has posted since your first dumbshit post have been talking about how fucking stupid and baseless your shitty opinion is. Those who didn't talk about what a tasteless moron you are didn't talk about you at all. Your opinion, while allowed, is not being supported no matter what you say. All of these things which you find to be undeniable have been thuroughly rejected and denied by every other person who has seen this video.The more you speak of it, the more you invite mockery.
no they weren't, and from the time the still was taken, they didn't bend any further. he landed like a ton of bricks on that nollie lip, that's all there is to it. you make it seem like i was expecting to change anyone's opinion of keegan. clearly if you like him for some odd reason, you're not gonna be swayed by a few stills and examples.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

crailtapsill

• Rep: -26
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2009, 10:01:45 AM »

just because you can nollie noseslide curbs doesn't mean your better then everyone...you skate slow and your not fun to watch...you make curren caples style look amazing

koots

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2009, 11:08:12 AM »
Sicne when did "useless wooden toy banter' become the fuck face boards. 

Keegan rules and is a sincerely rad person.
Ok,

You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.
  Beautiful

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2009, 11:32:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
just because you can nollie noseslide curbs doesn't mean your better then everyone...you skate slow and your not fun to watch...you make curren caples style look amazing
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you know nothing about skateboarding.

ArizonaGreenTea

« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2009, 11:42:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you know nothing about skateboarding.
Everytime you type laughter I imagine you as the most obnoxious person.

ChrisGilmour

• Rep: -2
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2009, 11:52:56 AM »
I'm glad someone else said it. Keegan sauder sucks. So does rattray.
fuck you

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2009, 12:04:51 PM »

and 95% of getting sponsored fully is being marketable. it doesnt matter if someone is better than someone else, if theyre a rad person, get along with the team, and have something to them that general public will like, that can go a long way.

keegan is good, seems like a nice guy, doesn't have a gimmick, and is likable. end of story. no one is claiming that hes the best skater on earth. and why should someone be the best skater on earth in order for you to be psyched on them? why does everything always boil down to a fucking competition? (not directed at just you cotg, just saying in general)

Epic

« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2009, 12:10:27 PM »
If Cotg is really that good why wont you just post some footy right now.  I'd love to see some good skateboarding.  If its not a big deal then post it.

TheFifthColumn

• Rep: -113
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2009, 12:21:23 PM »
Hey Gomez and Gipper: please stop arguing over minutia.  Each of you has thoroughly explained your respective opinions in obsessively excessive detail.  At this point you are not advancing an argument - you're just butting heads.

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2009, 12:23:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What's funny is no one calling me an idiot is better than me at skateboarding, or even close to the same skill level. Just an observation.
[close]

You are stock as fuck and your lack of physical confidence cannibalizes your tricks. I have watched your footage it is easily forgettable, so when you voice your opinion with such assertiveness I just get confused. 
This Zero video on the other hand was great, I just want to know what happened to Dominique Dietrichs part, I thought it was pretty sick. It seems to have been replaced.
[close]
What does that even mean? You're also still not better than me either, so whatever.

It simply means skateboard with an overzealous swagger someone like Sarah Palin would have if she skated,  I'm sure you understand. I am not going to argue with you about who is better at skateboarding but I am positive you are unable to skate anything besides low impact and horizontal terrain. Furthermore I can absolutely guarantee I would take you in a game of flat-ground SKATE, son.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2009, 12:27:58 PM »
You couldn't beat me at skate.

krookedskate

• Rep: -45
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2009, 12:35:58 PM »
daym son is that a challenge? alright film a trick on flat ground and ill match it in a couple of hours.

krookedskate

« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2009, 12:37:23 PM »
your footage was pretty fucking ugly too. Your like the black nate sherwood.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2009, 12:41:14 PM »
You got me. ::)

krookedskate

« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2009, 12:43:07 PM »
sorry nate.  ;D Now I feel bad

krookedskate

« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2009, 12:43:41 PM »
luvz u

crailtapsill

• Rep: -26
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2009, 01:02:53 PM »
this should just be changed into the cotg isn't that great at skating thread

S.F.A.

• Rep: 17
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2009, 01:07:21 PM »
so, is this out to buy? how has everyone seen it? link? anyone?

riding bitches

« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2009, 01:21:24 PM »
i have sponsored friends that kill it at skateboarding and friends that completely suck, but my friends that are good can have stupid fucking opinions on skating and they don't necessarily love skating more, they are just physically much more gifted.  how good one is at skateboarding is not directly correlated with how much their opinion on it should matter.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2009, 01:29:25 PM »
i have sponsored friends that kill it at skateboarding and friends that completely suck, but my friends that are good can have stupid fucking opinions on skating and they don't necessarily love skating more, they are just physically much more gifted.  how good one is at skateboarding is not directly correlated with how much their opinion on it should matter.

truer words were never spoken

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2009, 01:31:38 PM »
If this were basketball, or football you would probably have a valid point. Skateboarding totally different, because if you don't skateboard yourself, or if you're not capable of some of the shit being done, it's hard for you to gauge how hard(or easy) most tricks are.

I also, want to know why they're opinions are stupid? because they don't coincide with the majority of the people on slap? Who happen to be the bottom of the barrel as far as actually skateboarding is concerned.

S.F.A.

• Rep: 17
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2009, 01:46:32 PM »
i used to be on this board constantly a few years ago when it started making waves in the skateboard world. enough so that other magazines brought up what we were talking about. after that more and more people flocked to these boards. some were very evidently buisness/industry types. with the ammount of attention this message board got/get, i think its kinda stupid of you to say this is the bottom level of skateboarders out there.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2009, 01:58:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If this were basketball, or football you would probably have a valid point. Skateboarding totally different, because if you don't skateboard yourself, or if you're not capable of some of the shit being done, it's hard for you to gauge how hard(or easy) most tricks are.

I also, want to know why they're opinions are stupid? because they don't coincide with the majority of the people on slap? Who happen to be the bottom of the barrel as far as actually skateboarding is concerned.

I think it's funny how you infer that based on a statement as simple as 'my friends can have stupid opinions on skating'.