Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 4692 times)

Moist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
What did you do today?
« on: December 06, 2009, 03:50:21 AM »
Because I'm bored and curious...

Got up, made a coffee. Went on the interwebz for a couple of hours. Played some MW2. Made lunch and watched Strange World with the homies. Skated the local for several hours.  Had dinner with the relo's and now I'm back here. Twas a good day.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 04:56:26 AM »
Woke up at a friend's house in Guangzhou and took his dog for a walk. Then we went to this crazy market where you can buy real designer gear, straight out of the Chinese factories, for 5% of what you'd expect to pay. Right next to us, some violent purse snatching attempt got bloody, so we left and hired a random van to take us to the bus station. We waited in a sleazy hotel bar that looked like it turned into a brothel at night. Then I enjoyed a fun-filled four-hour bus journey through through some of the nastiest pollution I've ever seen home to Hong Kong.

'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

cigarettedeer

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 07:00:55 AM »

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 10:42:40 AM »
skated an indoor park. wasnt too packed, guy gave me 13 dollars change on me paying 20 for a 13 dollar session and helmet charge cuz he was fried, skated with some friends. was a good time. then went home to the worst headache ive ever had. didnt get to sleep until around 2, bastard woke me up around 5, still awake...
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

Baby Gerber

• Rep: -54
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 10:51:46 AM »
Its snowed and i really don't have any other hobbies, ive been on the internet for the last few day sin a row doing nothing hoping some site will have something new up, and looking at clothes i cant buy. It sucks......... and there is no indoor in my city. There is pretty much nothing to do with skateboarding in my city once the snow falls except this church that opens up its gymnasium for Tues and Thursdays, but that does not help at all on the weekends.
;)

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 10:57:14 AM »
woke up and made shitty coffee, read j.m. coetzee's "disgrace" in the cold, had a bagel and banana at the DH, showered, now about to work on a final paper about john carpenter's film oeuvre. 

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 11:01:33 AM »
Watched Strange World again, played some Fallout 3.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

Inanimate Object

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 11:26:53 AM »
I'll do yesterday since today I've gotten up and received a phone call.

Yesterday I had coffee, went and skated the local park for a couple hours, had some dude look at a car I'm selling, visited family for dinner, met up with friends at night and ended up playing Mario Kart for N64, had a late night text exchange with a girl about um... feelings.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 11:42:44 AM »
yesterday:

woke up at 5:45 to go skate venice to find there were already about twenty heads there, left to channel st about an hour after. 2.99 carnitas burritos at the local super mercado and came home to some beers and homies watching bill cosby vhs tapes. good times.

today:

Laundry and finding a fridge on craigslist for my place, purchasing meals everyday is killing my wallet.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 12:25:50 PM »
Woke up at like noon, started studying for a chem final I have tomorrow, got hungry, ate some subway, watched the Ricky Oyola question thing, and am now on youtube listening to music. The days not over but I probably won't go very far, I might crack open the books later  :(

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 12:54:26 PM »
woke up, made coffee and pancakes, learned a bit dutch, went to the photography museum around the corner, bought a postcard for a friend, made the dishes learned a bit dutch again, watched "whatever works"... it feels like i did nothing.

Doctor Handsome

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 01:26:55 PM »
Watched the Broncos kill the Chiefs. I'm not doing anything today cause it's 15 degrees and snowing.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 01:32:40 PM »
Played Zelda, took a break and skated flat outside my house for an hour, Played more Zelda.

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 01:51:38 PM »
woke up and listen spinal tap while taking breakfast. lurk on slap. went to montain with my friend skiing, did the grocery and after i got myself some heineken.  right now im studing for my electronic exam tomorow.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 02:57:26 PM by vince the stud »
tricks are for kids , style is forever

WWD4D?

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 02:14:26 PM »
Woke up pretty early, worked a little on this paper I have due tomorrow, then went back to sleep for a bit, then woke back up, and here I am now. I'm most likely gonna spend the rest of the day working on this paper, maybe squeeze in a quick break/half hour skate sesh or two in between.

Corby Tender

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 02:18:22 PM »
woke up at 8:30, worked 10-5, just got home now, plan on doing some homework and writing a short paper, then smoking massive amounts of weed

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 02:32:05 PM »
Spent all yesterday and today taking a CPR/First Aid course.  Had to wake up super early so my weekend was pretty much shot.  The classes were boring as fuck and there was only one kinda cute girl to pretend to do CPR on.  But I'm officially certified now, and my work paid for the course...so all in all...not too bad.  If anyone eats some really heinous shit out there skating, I can take care of you till the ambulance arrives.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 02:40:16 PM »
finished my last business law test and waiting for the final to open up so I can do it later this week. Going to go grab something to eat then play some poker with some friends and drink beers.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

east is in the house

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 02:46:40 PM »
sold some weed, worked on a tribute speech, shoveled some snow, watched oakland ruin the steeler's day, now its halftime during the cowboys/giants game and I'm just about to go outside to help my mom bbq chicken kabobs in 25 degree weather.

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 04:20:39 PM »
day update:

went to library to work on aforementioned paper, only got 3 pages done because there were a million pretty girls there and i kept taking 30 second breaks to ponder what their assholes might look like.

Boston.

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 04:33:44 PM »
i left the house around midnight and went to a party. came home a few hours later. got called into work 5 hours early because some asshole didn't feel like showing up. my boss handed me $20 to get something to eat for actually coming in early when i didn't have to, and didn't complain about. just ate a chicken parm sub and watched an episode of doctor who

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 08:22:19 PM »
Watched the Broncos kill the Chiefs. I'm not doing anything today cause it's 15 degrees and snowing.

Watched the Chiefs get killed by the Broncos (we're fuckin' up bad lately), my girl picked me up and we went to Walmart for about an hour, she dropped me off, got my shit together and drove back to my dorm at KU (I was at home for this weekend), watched Strange World, and hit the damn books. Wrote a few paragraphs for a paper due on Tuesday, and am in the middle of an Italian composition right now.

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 08:38:11 PM »
skated a mini ramp with lenny and some friends for a few hours, shit was fun. then caught the bus back and walked home in the snow with a skateboard, getting weird looks left and right. rad day...
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 09:20:56 PM »
Woke up around 7am.  Wife made me blueberry pancakes from scratch.  Watched Strange World and got amped.  Skated at the local park by myself at 9:30-11:30.  Went to Walmart and bought an ice scraper, anti-fog stuff for windows, fuel treatment to keep lines from icing up, and the Sunday paper.  Got home, ate some chicken noodle soup.  Went to shoot a retirement ceremony from 12:30 until 3pm.  Took the family driving around looking to find some asian food place that my tomtom couldn't find.  Ended up eating at A&W and got a free burger on top of the fish and chips with a rootbeer float.  Just finished playing some Left4Dead single player since none of my friends are on.  Going upstairs to find something to watch for a while until I have to turn in for the night.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 09:38:12 PM »
Saturday I flew to Newark, from there I  started my drive back down to Florida. So I spent all day in the car today. I was getting stressed out. The mix of terrible fast food, being stuck on the highway with terrible drivers and just being in a car so long was starting to get to me.  I'm pooped and happy to be home.

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 09:44:54 PM »
day update:

went to library to work on aforementioned paper, only got 3 pages done because there were a million pretty girls there and i kept taking 30 second breaks to ponder what their assholes might look like.

this is why i study at home

i woke up at 8 and kinda just stayed in bed on the laptop until 12, usual sunday routine. its really fucking cold here so i didnt even attempt to go skating, went up the mountain for a couple hours but it was icy and windblown, back to studying.

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 10:53:24 PM »
Expand Quote
day update:

[close]

this is why i study at home

i woke up at 8 and kinda just stayed in bed on the laptop until 12, usual sunday routine. its really fucking cold here so i didnt even attempt to go skating, went up the mountain for a couple hours but it was icy and windblown, back to studying.
no joke dude.  the library is chill any other time besides finals week...once the study crunch start the birds flock in droves, and the library visit becomes strictly counterproductive.

day update II:  went back to apartment, promptly finished aforementioned paper.

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 02:56:10 AM »
Saw Paranormal Activity today. There were 4 fucking annoying teen girls sitting in front of us that were pissing everyone off but they all left after the girl got dragged out of the room, thank christ!  Great movie, shit was actually scary.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2009, 03:37:21 AM »
up at 5am and worked on my laptop

family up at 7 and i cooked breakfast

at the park for 9, skated for 2 hours and got front boards for the first time on this small, gnarly qp, super fun and i was stoked

came home and heated up some home made chilli for lunch with the family and my grand mother in law

worked some more then called my best friend and got faded while talking about skating

epic nap

woke up and cooked shrimp etouffee while sipping some red wine and ended up filming a little video with my daughter to congratulate my dad and step mom on their 25th anniversary

finished off the night watching dark night and eating some fruit

frisco

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2009, 03:55:34 AM »
^ in 10 years I hope to have days as rad as that sounds
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 03:58:22 AM by frisco »