Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 4696 times)

Lenny the Fatface

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2021, 08:28:19 PM »
Semi-typical Friday for me.

Woke up, made coffee, woke up my older son, did his morning routine, drove him to daycare. Realize that now that I’m vaccinated I can join a boxing gym.

Came back home and did some design work, most of my meetings get cancelled because its Friday.

Unusual part of my day is that my coworker had this heart to heart with me on slack about parenting, and about how her sons grew up so quick.

My wife and I grabbed some lunch from our favorite Chinese restaurant. We debated whether the Falcon should be too famous to be denied loans on his tv show.

Kinda bullshitted the 2nd half of my workday, mostly listened to podcast, watch skate vids on YouTube, and designed a little bit.

Had Lasagna for dinner, played with the kids, put them to sleep, me and my wife watch a tv show together, she dosed off and now I’m playing a video game until I eventually pass out on this couch.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 08:40:10 PM by Lenny the Fatface »

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2021, 08:39:16 PM »

Kinda bullshitted the 2nd half of my workday, mostly listened to podcast and designed a little bit.

Had Lasagna

BIG HIGHLIGHT TINGS!
Although really it seems like a solid Friday all around.

We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2021, 09:57:22 PM »
not skate again
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2021, 04:40:24 PM »
Laid down laminate floor on top of the old parquet in my dining room.  Had to notch it around 20+ banister posts that separate it from the basement stairs.  Nerve wracking as hell spending that much time on one piece that could snap in half like nothing.  Please ignore the gaps that have yet to be caulked and all the other unfinished spots.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2021, 05:59:20 PM »
apartment hunted from 8:30 am till 3 pm...got home, drank a few beers, watched a movie. exciting saturdays

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Frank and Fred

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2021, 07:36:08 PM »
Today was pretty magic. I got up at 530am. Had a leisurely coffee. Hit the road and was at the beach by 9. The surf was already super crowded but I found a peak south of the pack and pretty much surfed alone for a couple of hours in really fun glassy bowly conditions. Dialed in a new surfboard and felt good about some waves I had. Then I went to a quieter beach and took a quick nap surrounded by stunning Oregon coast scenery on this balmy spring day. Took some photos. Next I Hit a nearby skatepark. Did not fall once... very weird... Finally, hit my favorite coastal taqueria for a few Tacos and to top it off I was home by 5pm which stoked the wife out.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2021, 07:53:12 PM »
My dad came down yesterday since we’re all vaccinated. Hadn’t seen him in person for over a year. Went fishing this morning, didn’t catch anything but it was still fun. Got lunch and hung out in the back yard. Teaching my son how to play chess after dinner. He’s getting the hang of it. Debating going to bed, it’s not even 8pm.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2021, 07:53:19 PM »
Laid down laminate floor on top of the old parquet in my dining room.  Had to notch it around 20+ banister posts that separate it from the basement stairs.  Nerve wracking as hell spending that much time on one piece that could snap in half like nothing.  Please ignore the gaps that have yet to be caulked and all the other unfinished spots.

Serious question, legit parquetry is nice as could it not be restored or was it all fucked? I never done much finish carpentry but yeah I am seeing them as tiles and absolutely would a pain in the arse cutting all that in, maybe bog the hectic ones but yeah silicon will cover the rest easy as
listen to cosmic psychos

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2021, 06:09:50 AM »
The parquet wasn’t beyond repair, and I know it’s structurally better than laminate, but it just looked pretty dated and clashed with all the other renos we’ve done/plan to do.  Plan is to use paintable caulking around the base of the posts, then paint the whole railing in a semi gloss black.  Then install trim/moulding around the opening, finish the baseboard, etc etc.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2021, 07:57:50 AM »
Yeah sick mate, I was drunk as earlier my bad yeah just seeing what I’m looking at that’s one piece Jesus Christ what an arse puckering experience
Not too bad brother
listen to cosmic psychos

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2021, 05:12:08 PM »
Got running this john Deere hand held/gas powered combo line trimmer/brush cutter/roto-tiller and went to fuckin town tearing up the ground for planting. Felt good to get it running and better to turn the soil. Lots of worms, beetles, and ants. Did some yard work for the seniors who live next door and the lady across the street who let's us use her trash/recycling for free. Stoked on the space for the garden. Gonna be bigger than initially planned.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2021, 07:13:15 PM »
Went to Denver Skatepark for a couple hours. Ran into an old friend. Went home and drank a beer in a hammock before working on my masters thesis.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1556
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2021, 07:44:22 PM »
I worked on my truck with my buddy all day. It’s 1988 s10, so after going to three different pick a part lots I finally found the parts in needed. I put on new headlights, a new 160 degree rear view mirror, new internal lights, fixed my ac and replaced a couple different dash units. I also put in cup holders, but I didn’t have long enough self tapping screws so I had to use an old snapped deck and drill that in then drill the cup holders into the deck. I didn’t feel like sawing at 830 at night so we just made sure it wasn’t interfering with the shift pattern and set it in. Fun day of work to be honest. For reference the snapped deck was a 9.4 heroin razor top egg.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

KBizzle

• Rep: -18
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2021, 08:16:27 PM »
Had some Chicken Mac N Cheese and watched Basketball. Not mad at all.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2021, 05:47:14 AM »
Trying to keep this thread alive.

As y’all know I clean portapotties for a living, and frequently I come across some hella racist or ignorant “graffiti” about blue lives matter or how trump is so great etc. I’ll usually cross it out and put a (A)//(E), ACAB, no gods no masters, no war but class war, type shit. But yesterday I came across this gem and had to add my mark.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2021, 06:35:10 AM »

As y’all know I clean portapotties for a living, and frequently I come across some hella racist or ignorant “graffiti” about blue lives matter or how trump is so great etc. I’ll usually cross it out and put a (A)//(E), ACAB, no gods no masters, no war but class war, type shit. But yesterday I came across this gem and had to add my mark.

I tried to join the fight but the webpage is just cam girl links.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2021, 06:58:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I tried to join the fight but the webpage is just cam girl links.

Fuck, you’re right, it’s a .org.

God damn it. Thanks for pointing it out, I’ll get em next time.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2021, 03:10:02 PM »
I got folded up on this curb thing today. I'm pretty sure everyone saw me slam. I should have gone home to eat. Im pretty comfortable with kickflip crook In curbs but I had the hunger spins. 

Should have gotten some weed and ate a 3 way
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2021, 10:37:59 AM »
Space S.E.X Staring Elongated Musk

Hip Cats of Mars!!! I cum in peace! Only a hybrid species will save the planet earth from suffocation do to the paranoid penis envy and constant jizz lobbing of the chronic masturbators in Washington and Beijing. I elongated musk bought the air for testing and sadly I couldn't impregnate it. Now I ration it to my friends.

Here put on this mask It contains .0063425 of all the fresh air left on earth.
(A)pl(E)

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2021, 06:13:14 PM »
I've been wearing my underwear inside out.
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2021, 07:44:32 PM »
Woke up a little later than usual because the window had been open all night and the air felt good for sleeping and then went to the place where we get coffee and toast on Friday mornings. On Friday I have coffee with sugar and cream, like its a breakfast treat. Other days its only black coffee. After getting served we walked up the road to the cliff that's over the harbor. Watched seals on the rocks and ravens  searching for nesting material hop in scrub grass and dirt. Went home and checked some shit online before doing work in the yard. Himalayan blackberries are growing in fast and need to be contained by way of machete. Chopped vines. Started blazing a little. Drank more coffee. Went inside to work for a bit. Finished work and drove to the beach. Walked around a while so I could see the 4oclock sun at different vantage points over the ocean. Drove home. Blazed a bit more and ate a gummy for pain relief. We drove for burritos, ate them and are now back home. Provably going to play scrabble and listen to Friday night radio show.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2021, 06:01:02 AM »
I went to church this morning, then directly to the skate spot.

Third consecutive  session in three days (we have Good Friday of), now I can‘t feel my legs.

Then I made eggs royale, got them perfect with self made sauce hollandaise. The stuff heart attacks are made of. Don‘t tell the dudes in the weight loss thread pls.

Now I watch the Ronde van Vlaanderen.

Probably take a bath later to relax my poor old legs.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2021, 07:04:22 AM »
Spent 5 hours working in the garden. Started preparing some T.Pachanoi for a future trip. I promised myself that i'll re-visit my plant medicines this year. I stayed away from them while I was taking SSRI's but now that i'm off them and have also overcome my physical injuries I think it's a good time to jump back in.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2021, 11:40:09 AM »
Another day, more right wing scribbling on the wall by the same dickhead it seams.

Then I had to clean this fucking mess. Idk how you miss both sides of the toilet bowl, but who knows.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2021, 07:38:16 PM »
I went to the park again.

It was a good session.  I closed the park and I only got a few real tricks. My layback front rock is so frickin nice. I can put my whole body on the ramp now slide and roll to continue my line.

I'm trying to LB fr Rock and shuffle mid slide back to Fakie but I'm all out of speed by the time I hit the bottom of the tranny so it doesn't count if I can't do it in a line.

Lines are all that matter to me.
(A)pl(E)

LUGR

• Rep: 45
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2021, 08:18:55 PM »
Another day, more right wing scribbling on the wall by the same dickhead it seams.

Then I had to clean this fucking mess. Idk how you miss both sides of the toilet bowl, but who knows.

How do you clean that kind of mess? Hit it with a hose and a lot of bleach?

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2021, 08:29:10 PM »
woke up after sleeping really, really well due to a 14 hour work day, had some coffee, went for a walk with the lady. ate the increased psilocybin microdose, kicked around the house for an hour and then went skating in the parking lot for a couple hours. Really, really locked in with the ability to focus today. I'm gonna attribute it to the .3grams of mushrooms. Skated around listening to Hank, Patsy, and the Talking Heads. Felt super loose and relaxed. Came home and had a shake, iced ankle, dicked around. Drank more coffee. Stretched. Went to the water store and talked to the water store lady. The old jazz man was back in there doing some work. Hadn't seen brother Tom since Covid struck, so I was happy to see he's alive and well. Came home and talked to my mom on the phone. Went out for the vegan super nacho burrito and tried to skate some more but my ankle was too tired and I felt like I was going to get broke doing heel flips off a pad so I stopped and came home. Now I'm on SLAP and going to commune with the herb. blessing shalomies

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2021, 08:49:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Worst part is, that’s not the worst one I’ve ever seen or had to clean.

But in regards to cleaning the bombed out units like that here is my process -

The first thing you have to do is suction the bowl, because there’s going to be t shirts, pants, bandanas and other things people use to whip their ass after they shit their pants. It clogs the hose so it can make a bad mess even worse.

Once you’ve suctioned out the bowl you prep your cleaning equipment and chemicals and you put a packet of blue chemical into it, which is what makes the water blue. It also dissolves the tissue and breaks the shit down. But only when the water’s blue. When it’s brown like that, it’s just a shit filled sludge pit.

Personally, I have a few bottles of bleach on my truck at all time and some really strong acidic cleaner, which requires a hazmat endorsement on your CDL.

What I do is I’ll spray the cleaner, use my scrub brush to loosen up as much as possible, then pour bleach on it and let it sit for a few minutes, then put more acid on it. It creates a weak form of mustard gas, so it’s important you let it air out and mask up when working on.

Once the bleach has set in I go back at it with scrub brush and get the remainder off. Then I hose it out, to get all of the stray bits out and clear out the mustard gas.

Then I spray smell good spray and a different and weaker acid on the surfaces and scrub them down. After the surfaces are scrubbed I add five gallons of water and move on to the next unit.

An average unit takes about 2-3 minutes to clean, but a super fucked up one can take over 20 minutes. The length to clean it can really fuck up the timing of your day when you have 100+ toilets you have to clean.

Also side note, when ever I find super fucked up racist scribbling on the walls, I will obviously put a smart ass retort and occasionally use the acid to get it off if it is really fucking bad. But, I will always make that hell noxious gas, close up the door and not allow any airflow. It eventually clears out, but I always hope the first person in there is the one who wrote the bigoted shit.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2021, 09:35:04 AM »
Been working a bunch and had my first semi-free day in a while. Woke up around 10, didn't have a single piece of food at the house so skipped breakfast. No coffee left either. Was about to go to store, but played COD mobile for like 4 hours. Started to feel like shit but had to do a couple work things that took kinda long. Got some gnarly mayo-ham-jalapeno-avokado pizza at 5pm, ate it laying on the bed while watching some series and that made me feel even worse. Took a two hour feverd after meal rest and then took a gnarly mayo-ham-jalapeno-avokado dump. Went to help this girl put some signs and shit on her walls. Could've gotten laid but decided to fuck off as I felt the rest of the mayo-ham-jalopeno-avokado pizza starting to make it's way through. Got home, took another dump, watched netflix, forced myself to masturbate once and played COD mobile untill 2am.

I hate people who plan and structurize their off days with passion, and usually just go with the flow but this day really wasn't a great one

LUGR

• Rep: 45
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2021, 12:21:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Worst part is, that’s not the worst one I’ve ever seen or had to clean.

But in regards to cleaning the bombed out units like that here is my process -

The first thing you have to do is suction the bowl, because there’s going to be t shirts, pants, bandanas and other things people use to whip their ass after they shit their pants. It clogs the hose so it can make a bad mess even worse.

Once you’ve suctioned out the bowl you prep your cleaning equipment and chemicals and you put a packet of blue chemical into it, which is what makes the water blue. It also dissolves the tissue and breaks the shit down. But only when the water’s blue. When it’s brown like that, it’s just a shit filled sludge pit.

Personally, I have a few bottles of bleach on my truck at all time and some really strong acidic cleaner, which requires a hazmat endorsement on your CDL.

What I do is I’ll spray the cleaner, use my scrub brush to loosen up as much as possible, then pour bleach on it and let it sit for a few minutes, then put more acid on it. It creates a weak form of mustard gas, so it’s important you let it air out and mask up when working on.

Once the bleach has set in I go back at it with scrub brush and get the remainder off. Then I hose it out, to get all of the stray bits out and clear out the mustard gas.

Then I spray smell good spray and a different and weaker acid on the surfaces and scrub them down. After the surfaces are scrubbed I add five gallons of water and move on to the next unit.

An average unit takes about 2-3 minutes to clean, but a super fucked up one can take over 20 minutes. The length to clean it can really fuck up the timing of your day when you have 100+ toilets you have to clean.

Also side note, when ever I find super fucked up racist scribbling on the walls, I will obviously put a smart ass retort and occasionally use the acid to get it off if it is really fucking bad. But, I will always make that hell noxious gas, close up the door and not allow any airflow. It eventually clears out, but I always hope the first person in there is the one who wrote the bigoted shit.
That’s intense. I have a weak stomach for smells and would throw up a lot if I had your job. I guess you never know what your walking into when you open up that door. Sucks there are people who purposely dookie all over the place and leave you a mess.