Author Topic: COTG Transition Skating Challenge  (Read 102328 times)

Boston.

Re: COTG Transition Skating Challenge
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2009, 08:53:36 PM »
Oh man, this is the best thing to come home to work to. Good work Jeremy. COTG, even though you're the only impartial person on the Slap Boards I don't think you need to worry about that. Jeremy is my good friend but if you beat him fair and square I'd sell him out in a vote in a second.

As for everyone saying they should each pick a trick and whoever does the other first wins, that defeats the point of the whole thing. The point of the whole thing is that COTG said that he could be better than 90% of anyone on Slap in skating transition within a year. All Jeremy has to do is be better than him in a year. Not land any of COTG's tricks.

And did anyone watch Jeremy's Australia video to the end?

Waterloo Shantell! COTG, let's go to Australia. You can take down Shantell Antwuan style, and I'll take that hot little bitch in the tights and the leather. ROAD TRIP!
fuck you watson. she's mine!

General Cornrow Wallace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2009, 09:19:01 PM »
dude no way youre gonna be able to do a bs noseblunt in 1 year

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2009, 09:26:09 PM »
Babyofthebarrio on Creature.  Before you know it, he'll have a beergut and the only tricks he'll be flipping are some barbecued burgers at a backyard pool cookout.

crest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2009, 09:33:21 PM »
nothing too gnarly in those videos (no offense); id throw my bet on cotg's side.

GnArcIsSisTic

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2009, 09:38:55 PM »
COTG's tranny video should include some Dino Jr. tunes.

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2009, 09:40:08 PM »
Babyofthebarrio on Creature.  Before you know it, he'll have a beergut and the only tricks he'll be flipping are some barbecued burgers at a backyard pool cookout.
HAHAHAHAHA
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2009, 10:15:46 PM »
Alright just to make things clear before this thread disappears for a while, here is the official challenge rules:

COTG must be a better transition skateboarder than jeremyrandall by December 8th, 2010.  At this time both will post a video of themselves skating transition.  These videos will be viewed and judged by an impartial panel of judges.

If jeremyrandall is chosen as the better skateboarder, COTG will pay jeremyrandall $50.
If COTG is chosen as the the better skateboarder, jeremyrandall will pay COTG $100.

I think that should about cover it.  You good with this COTG or you wanna make any changes?

sk8nappreciate

• Rep: -21
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2009, 10:16:36 PM »
Im 97% sure I could beat COTG at a flat ground game of skate.
That's real life bro, no sticking lollipops up your ass and licking jesus's butthole man. People are getting raped,murdered and visiting the berrics daily. Deal with it.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2009, 10:23:35 PM »
Alright just to make things clear before this thread disappears for a while, here is the official challenge rules:

COTG must be a better transition skateboarder than jeremyrandall by December 8th, 2010.  At this time both will post a video of themselves skating transition.  These videos will be viewed and judged by an impartial panel of judges.

If jeremyrandall is chosen as the better skateboarder, COTG will pay jeremyrandall $50.
If COTG is chosen as the the better skateboarder, jeremyrandall will pay COTG $100.[/i]

I think that should about cover it.  You good with this COTG or you wanna make any changes?
but you'll progress from your current point a shitload by then, when you current tranny skills already shit on cotg's. shouldn't you make a video that showcases your current skills as best as you possibly can, and then compare cotg's video from a year from now to it? sorry if that's what you meant.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2009, 10:43:30 PM »
Expand Quote

If COTG is chosen as the the better skateboarder, jeremyrandall will pay COTG $100.[/i]

[close]
but you'll progress from your current point a shitload by then, when you current tranny skills already shit on cotg's. shouldn't you make a video that showcases your current skills as best as you possibly can, and then compare cotg's video from a year from now to it? sorry if that's what you meant.

Well...it's up to COTG.  This is his original challenge. 
I honestly want someone to take me up on the challenge that I'll be better than them in a year if i start skating transition.
So it's his choice.  Does he think he can get better than me at transition?  Or does he think he can get better than I am now at transition??  That's two different things for sure.  The way he's talking, sounds like he thinks he can get way better than me anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.  But if he wants to change it...he can let me know and we'll figure it out.

He honestly has a huge time advantage over me.  I live in the middle of Canada with no indoor skatepark.  So I'm basically about to take almost 4 months off (with the occasional trip here and there).  I'm also 23, and I work full time.  Pretty sure he's younger.  I have no idea what he does.  But between now and next year I can guarantee COTG will be able to put alot more skateboarding hours in than me.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:49:01 PM by jeremyrandall »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2239
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2009, 10:49:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I would be willing to bet that if i skated transition for a year i would be better than 90% of the people on slap at that, too.

We all know how large COTG's claims are. He is not claiming that if he skated transition for a year he would be better than 90% of the people on Slap as they are now. He just means 90% of the people on Slap. Jeremy's rules are definitely on COTG's terms.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2009, 10:51:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Well...it's up to COTG.  He said that he could "be better than them (me) in a year if i (he) start skating transition."  So it's his choice.  Does he think he can get better than me at transition?  Or does he think he can get better than I am now at transition??  That's two different things for sure.  The way he said it, sounds like he thinks he can get way better than me anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.  But if he wants to change it...he can let me know and we'll figure it out.

He honestly has a huge time advantage over me.  I live in the middle of Canada with no indoor skatepark.  So I'm basically about to take almost 4 months off (with the occasional trip here and there).  I'm also 23, and I work full time.  Between now and next year I can guarantee COTG will be able to put alot more skateboarding hours in than me.
I'm just going to be better in general.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2009, 10:55:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Well...it's up to COTG.  He said that he could "be better than them (me) in a year if i (he) start skating transition."  So it's his choice.  Does he think he can get better than me at transition?  Or does he think he can get better than I am now at transition??  That's two different things for sure.  The way he said it, sounds like he thinks he can get way better than me anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.  But if he wants to change it...he can let me know and we'll figure it out.

He honestly has a huge time advantage over me.  I live in the middle of Canada with no indoor skatepark.  So I'm basically about to take almost 4 months off (with the occasional trip here and there).  I'm also 23, and I work full time.  Between now and next year I can guarantee COTG will be able to put alot more skateboarding hours in than me.
[close]
I'm just going to be better in general.

So you agree??

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2009, 10:57:10 PM »
so if i can learn 360 flips by 2011, can i get 5 bucks?

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2009, 10:57:26 PM »
everything looks straight

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2009, 11:00:12 PM »
Rad!!  Good luck (for real...not sarcastic).

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2009, 11:52:19 PM »
This is awesome. and i need to find me a sexy tight clad australian woman.

drunk

• Rep: 59
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2009, 01:26:46 AM »
everything looks straight
Rad!!  Good luck (for real...not sarcastic).

and we're off
formerly toonie

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2009, 02:26:30 AM »
I'm hoping to see COTG have some level of success, decide tranny is the shit, and have his whole universe get twisted around. It could be fun to have him talking about how Grant Taylor is the shit and Darren Navarette is an old bum. Seriously man, once you get into it, there will be a whole new world of old bum skaters to hate on while comparing them to this generation. Just some inspiration.
You got some sick shit in those clips Jeremy, Cotg definitely has some work cut out for him.
Can we sticky this thread at the top of the board until it ends?
How about some updates too? I want to see them both pulling some crazy shit.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2009, 02:36:47 AM »
Good idea about stickying the thread and having updates. It'll be really fun to see how this whole thing pans out.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2009, 02:52:11 AM »
I got nothing new to add but it'll be fun to see how this works out.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2009, 03:05:17 AM »
I find it amazing that COTG is willing to dedicate a year of his life to something he hates for one hundred dollars. Hustle.

fat guy

• Rep: -11
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2009, 03:47:31 AM »
I like how personal this faggot jeremyrandall is taking this

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -350
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2009, 04:09:23 AM »
b/s noseblunts aren't that difficult.
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

frisco

« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2009, 04:48:15 AM »
as rad as this idea is

anyone want to make a side bet that all of this falls apart in about 3 months?

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2009, 05:08:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

WHEN YOU'RE BEN RAYBOURNE THEY AREN'T!

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2009, 05:12:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you joking?

Let's see your footage.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

robasheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2009, 05:15:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Anything higher than 4 to 4 1/2' and I'm scared shitless.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2009, 05:38:55 AM »
i have a feeling if COTG skates nothing but mini and quarters for a year, he'll get really good at it.
hes already got good balance and tranny skating isn't that hard, its just hard to find a place to do it and stay dedicated to it.

i remember when my friends and i built out first mini ramp and we all got pretty good really fast because thats all we pretty much skated for a minute.  that said, stepping up to a pool/bowl/half with vert is another level and gnarly as hell. 

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2009, 05:47:19 AM »
skating tranny is easy as fuck COTG is going to merk you
the only thing is its scary as hell. the slams you can take are more often and way more harsh than any shinner off a ledge or manny. i never seen cotg skate handrails either so im not sure what kind of slams he can take. if he is not a pussy about getting hurt then he is going to destroy you, otherwise you will probably win, but i cant see your nollie heel noseslide looking as good as his in even 2 years.