Author Topic: wu-tang appreciation thread  (Read 6855 times)

ymhy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: wu-tang appreciation thread
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006, 07:32:09 AM »
I listened to the Wu back in the mid 90's.....one of my favorite songs was called "Winter Warz"...Cappadonna just kills it at the end....Boot Camp Clik was sick too....but they fell off a long time ago....I was pretty suprised to hear some new shit from Big Shug(gangstarr foundation) recently that was good....

oh my god, winter warz off ironman is one of the best wu songs ever.  you are right, cappadonna absolutely destroys that track at the end.  d-e-s-t-r-o-y-e-d.  "can't get a nigga like don dime a dozen, even if i'm smoked out i can't be scoped out, i'm too ill..."

only built 4 cuban linx is my favorite shit; ice water, verbal intercourse, incarcerated scarfaces, those are probably my favorite, although every song on the cd is off the chain.  the song "shark niggas" was my inspiration in making the "no biters" picture that mark had to put in his signature (because it's so fucking hot).

man, wu tang is so ill.  i think raekwon's "immobilarity" was the last respectable album before you can officially say that they fell off.  "the W"?  "iron flag"?  "bulletproof wallets"?  they lost it.  i don't feel that shit at all.

still, nobody can fuck with the wu.

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2006, 07:37:24 AM »
bulletproof wallets has to be the worst wu album ever. (apart from maxine, that song is the shit)
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

roulette

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2006, 05:53:38 PM »
fishscale is seriously some good new shit, i was kinda feelin the masta killa one that came out last year too

rapist

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2006, 06:16:13 PM »
bulletproof wallets has to be the worst wu album ever. (apart from maxine, that song is the shit)
bulletproof was alright. "theodore" is a tight song

colinsthename

• Rep: 21
  • Ripping.
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2006, 07:07:24 PM »
I listened to the Wu back in the mid 90's.....one of my favorite songs was called "Winter Warz"...Cappadonna just kills it at the end....Boot Camp Clik was sick too....but they fell off a long time ago....I was pretty suprised to hear some new shit from Big Shug(gangstarr foundation) recently that was good....

the new BCC cd is pretty hot.  and new inspectah deck ain't bad neither.
I hope one day Steve Austin is walking the street, I throw him a beer, and he stunners you.

simon

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2006, 12:44:40 PM »
wu tang clan fuckin rules, first album is so peerfect

rapist

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2006, 02:16:41 PM »
wu-tang is the best but i dont think they need an appreciation thread

Mizzark

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2006, 02:34:40 PM »
fishscale is seriously some good new shit, i was kinda feelin the masta killa one that came out last year too

you're such a clown

uruguay

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2006, 02:56:58 PM »
i like goastface but i think he dos coke to much

E.l.G

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2006, 05:18:26 PM »

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
  • Malto!
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2006, 08:06:51 PM »
nuthin but love for the Wu. One of the first hip-hop group's i thought was the absoulute shit. Have all of their album's burned and bought.
R.I.P Travis "Panama" Kresge

Cashcrate, make some easy money

max power

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2006, 06:35:44 AM »
the last track on no said date was good, the rest was pretty lame.

i don't know about immobilarity being the last great album,  that pete rock track sneakers was good, but i really saw that as the beginning of the end for the wu.

gayderick

• Rep: -3
  • [quote author=S-Town Holla! link=topic=5625.msg144
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2006, 10:59:02 PM »
wu tang is out dated, try listening to atmosphere or murs

E.l.G

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2006, 11:23:03 PM »
Good one.

Meth and Hookers

• Rep: 12
  • caveman?
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2006, 11:31:34 PM »
seeing that faggot ass picture sig pisses me off
nearly every time I see a possum it's in dead form.

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2006, 11:38:29 PM »
^^^^I feel your pain.

red curb

• Rep: -5
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2006, 11:59:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

oh my god, winter warz off ironman is one of the best wu songs ever.  you are right, cappadonna absolutely destroys that track at the end.  d-e-s-t-r-o-y-e-d.  "can't get a nigga like don dime a dozen, even if i'm smoked out i can't be scoped out, i'm too ill..."

only built 4 cuban linx is my favorite shit; ice water, verbal intercourse, incarcerated scarfaces, those are probably my favorite, although every song on the cd is off the chain.  the song "shark niggas" was my inspiration in making the "no biters" picture that mark had to put in his signature (because it's so fucking hot).

man, wu tang is so ill.  i think raekwon's "immobilarity" was the last respectable album before you can officially say that they fell off.  "the W"?  "iron flag"?  "bulletproof wallets"?  they lost it.  i don't feel that shit at all.

still, nobody can fuck with the wu.
Wow you honestly didn't like The W?  I totally dismissed it as garbage upon my first listens and promptly returned it, but a couple years ago I tried again on Rhapsody.  That CD is actually very good.  No, it's not as good as 36 Chambers, Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords, or even Supreme Clientele, but you'd be a fool to think anything rap or hip-hop barring Jay-Z could be considered "great" anymore.  Try 'Let My Niggaz Live', 'Careful', or 'One Blood Under W' at least one more time.  That shit is hard.  I can't find it in me to dislike anything RZA makes, he's just so damned gifted. 

That being said I thought Immobilarity was weakass trash and I still do.  What the fuck is POP SHIT?  Aside from Sneakers and Live From NY, it's microwave material. 

L.S

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2006, 03:38:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
bulletproof was alright. "theodore" is a tight song

one or two good songs doesn't make a good or even an alright album.

roulette

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2006, 10:40:09 AM »

.  I can't find it in me to dislike anything RZA makes, he's just so damned gifted. 

RZA has so much energy, i love it when he just yells shit randomly...BANG YOUR HEAD... he has so many differant beats that mix new with old, hes definately the best wu member nodoubt...he needs more notoriety

red curb

• Rep: -5
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2006, 12:36:46 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]
.  I can't find it in me to dislike anything RZA makes, he's just so damned gifted. 

Expand Quote
[close]

RZA has so much energy, i love it when he just yells shit randomly...BANG YOUR HEAD... he has so many differant beats that mix new with old, hes definately the best wu member nodoubt...he needs more notoriety
Well I'd disagree with that, considering he's awful at anything not dealing with production (to me, at least).  His production skills are unparalleled, but each member has their own uniqueness and are great for what they brought to the group.  U-God's voice is good even if his lyrics are awful, and he's pretty much the only one I don't care for. 

If I were to pick the one member who I liked the most, it would be Deck.  His voice, lyrics and delivery are just top notch.  He displayed he's not a bad producer on Beneath The Surface too. 

It's just too bad they can't all do as well as Meth when it comes to solo ventures, because the bond they once held is all but gone anymore. 

scott

• Rep: 21
  • woo hah!!
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2006, 04:09:28 PM »
The new method man album is tight... i just saw him live last weekend w/ master killa and inspectah deck.  method man killed it, great show.  his new album, though, yeah, i was pleasantly surprised.  "Konichiwa bitches"

Mizzork

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2006, 06:18:31 PM »
One of my favorite Wu affiliates I got into early last year was Shyheim.  His Lost Generation CD is pretty ill and I like his flow/voice.  Other than that my favorite Wu albums are Liquid Swords, 36 chambers, Silent Weapons, Dirty Weaponry, and Cuban Linx.  Notable new stuff?  Grandmasters, Indie culture, and that one La the Darkman album.

defiantnate

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2006, 11:07:35 PM »
Wu-Tang is one of the best hip hop groups of all time. People say the wu fell off but they're still putting out good albums solo. Ghostface's new shit is sick, Method man's new one is a classic too, bringing back the old wu sound a little bit. Masta Killa has two CDs out, Raekwon signed to Aftermath with Dr.Dre and Gza has never put wack shit out. The only one I really never liked too much was U-God. Anyone remember KILLARMY? They were dope back in 97.

defiantnate

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2006, 11:11:11 PM »
 Oh, and Rza's verse on Method Man's "Presidential MC" is one of best I've heard in a while. It made me happy.

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2006, 11:54:45 AM »
you don't deserve to like the Wu either.

uruguay

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2006, 12:13:53 PM »
ha, look at you trying to act hard.

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2006, 12:14:43 PM »
Nothin' hard about it...nate's just a faggot.

uruguay

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2006, 12:22:17 PM »
don't fool yourself, that's probably the kind of dude you look up to in real life.

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2006, 12:29:07 PM »
Yup you got me. In real life i look up to faggot's who have sex with shemales and are super fuckin' cocky. Nate would suck him self off if he could.

L.S

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2006, 12:37:58 PM »
dude..you were wc4lyfe and kcmoskate. you will NEVER be taken seriously by anyone who was on this forum before the latest boards. that's all im saying.