Author Topic: San Diego  (Read 3346 times)

StokedTaco

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -180
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
San Diego
« on: January 28, 2010, 03:31:50 PM »
can anyone help with spots or anything else? going there tuesday for asr and staying till friday. staying by the convention center i guess. i know everyone says SD is "blown out", but if anyone knows of some fun nearby spots or wants to skate, hit me up!

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
Re: San Diego
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 05:48:10 PM »
Memorial park (you see a lot of it in Skatemafia & Creature videos) is right down the street from the convention center, Pokez Mexican food (http://www.pokezsd.com/) is right down the street and great if you have vegans/vegetarians in your crew, Broadway is fun to bomb (at night) with a nice ledge (that's probably still a super bust), City College (rails and such) is on B St. and if you're feeling frisky, bomb B St. It's pretty crazy. It's been a while since I lived there but hit me up if you have any specific questions.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 06:03:51 PM »
thanks sweets! i was curious as to where some hills were in the area. how far is washington st. park in comparison to where i'm staying at? would i beable to skate there or is that a pretty fair distance?
thanks again!

sweets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 06:15:16 PM »
You can take the trolley there. http://www.sdmts.com/Trolley/Trolley.asp Orange train -> Blue Train -> get off at Washington St. If memory serves, it's super close to the trolley stop. Wash. St. is gnar but fun. As a bonus, you'll get to see S.D.'s craziest motherfuckers riding the train.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 02:39:59 AM »
Sick! Thanks a bunch sweets! If anyone else has any helpful information or wants to shred let me know. PM or whatevs. Thanks.

palmtree123

• Rep: -4
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 03:11:41 PM »

wsvt can be seen from the ''washington st.'' trolley stop, so after navigating the trolley to the station finding it wont be hard at all. if youre staying near the convention center then the blue line will take you to wsvt(prob about 15-20 min trolley ride) and both the blue and the orange line can get you from downtown to memorial park(about 10-15 trolley rides).
orange line stop for memorial is 37th st.
blue line stop is harborside. to get to the park you'll need to find street directions, but the park is only a 5 min skate away from both trolley stops. if you want i can leave my number in a pm and give you street directions when you need them from the trolley stop but since youre coming for asr( whom with?) it shouldnt be hard to get directions.
http://www.typicalculture.com/articles/snatch/index.html   -  this place is pretty fun and easy to get to. just take the trolley (green line) to mission san diego and youll see a bridge about 100 yards from the trolley stop, its under that. you can also see the bridge from qualcom stadium.
downtown itself is riddled with fun little stops and hills to bomb. just skate around and you should see a lot of familiar spots. behind the convention center is this little spot(youve probably seen sk8mafia/sk858 skate it) thats good for a little sesh. heres a video of some kids skating it 
i hope that helps

sweets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 05:46:44 PM »
How is that spot not a complete bust? I used to go there most nights and skate my flat bars.

palmtree123

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 12:06:43 AM »
How is that spot not a complete bust? I used to go there most nights and skate my flat bars.
yea thats whats cool about it.
most thursdays kellen or larelle will take a box there to skate, never a bust.

east is in the house

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 11:29:13 AM »
I'm hearing Ocean Beach is where its at

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 04:36:35 PM »
really stoked for this, thanks for the help pals. sweets, where on B street is that hill bomb? do you know the intersection or anything?

palmtree123

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 06:21:39 PM »
really stoked for this, thanks for the help pals. sweets, where on B street is that hill bomb? do you know the intersection or anything?
its towards the outskirts of the main city i guess,towards the back of city college. its right in front of a highway overpass bridge so if you see the bridge on b street it's right there.

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 12:57:46 AM »
Thanks a ton for the help everyone! I fly out today, so if anyone wants to meet up and skate from either late tonight until friday morning let me know.

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 11:50:25 PM »
last night here, thanks everybody for the help! sweets, you weren't joking about washington st. being impossible to skate. pokez was amazing as well! here's all of the throwaway footage for anybody that cares. ate shit bombinb B st. at night.

east is in the house

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 08:30:49 AM »
that was enjoyable, you made SD look like a fun place!

sweets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 01:02:01 PM »
Expand Quote
last night here, thanks everybody for the help! sweets, you weren't joking about washington st. being impossible to skate. pokez was amazing as well! here's all of the throwaway footage for anybody that cares. ate shit bombinb B st. at night.

[close]

That spot at 0:30 looks super fun. Probably hard to skate from the looks of it.

Looks like you hit the big crack at the bottom. I've bombed that hill while drunk, hit the crack and ragdolled across the intersection. Good times.

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 07:06:23 AM »
Fuck yeah Taco!

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 11:05:24 PM »
So sick sweets. That hill is so jacked up and rugged. Anyways for the directions, guys.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 11:53:48 PM »
the end had me cringing, damn.

Crazy Ralph

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • You're all gonna die!
    • ShredNJ avatar image
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 07:38:41 PM »
bump to stall thing looks so fun
You either die a hero or live long enough to watch yourself become the Berra.

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 01:59:07 AM »
bump to stall thing looks so fun

Fuck yeah! We randomly stumbled upon that thing. It was like crazy hill bomb to a really nice neighborhood. Then that at the end of a driveway. There was hardly any marks on it from skating either. Definitely the best spot we came across.