Author Topic: pros/ams that are dicks  (Read 64366 times)

dschultz6072

Re: pros/ams that are dicks
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2006, 09:53:19 PM »
This thread is fucking regular considering nobody is giving the circumstances surrounding their "vibes" with said skaters.  I've met PJ, P-Rod, and Lenoce, and I mean MET met them, not some lame crap like saying hi to them while they're at a demo or something.  Not fucking "hey dude ur like the best skater omg" awkward moment.  No skater I've met has been an ass. 

If you come up to them like some weirdo fanboy, then yes, they're going to "vibe" you.  If you approach them like they're just another guy at the spot, then they actually treat you like a decent person.

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2006, 10:23:45 PM »
i met tony hawk and he was cool...

mikefork

« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2006, 10:56:21 PM »
This thread is fucking regular considering nobody is giving the circumstances surrounding their "vibes" with said skaters.  I've met PJ, P-Rod, and Lenoce, and I mean MET met them, not some lame crap like saying hi to them while they're at a demo or something.  Not fucking "hey dude ur like the best skater omg" awkward moment.  No skater I've met has been an ass. 

If you come up to them like some weirdo fanboy, then yes, they're going to "vibe" you.  If you approach them like they're just another guy at the spot, then they actually treat you like a decent person.
pj was a really bad viber. he was at the coliseum in the middle of a giant snow storm and some kid who was talking to his friends said " damn i wish we could skate" and pj started bitching at him with such lines as "why dont you go do something about it" i lost respect for him after that
i said weirdo because on other instances he would come in with all of his flip boards and line up EVERY girl/choco. board to the door and see which ones he liked and traded, other times he would just leave boxes of shoes there too

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2006, 04:59:15 AM »
Kenny Hughes....what a fucking cock.

I was late too a Zoo York demo at southside one time, got there around 4:30 or something and it was already over. I remember seeing a bunch of disappionted looking kids and everyone was complaining that the only person who really skated was Jarred B. Well out in the parking lot Kenny and Clyde were walking around like arrogant dicks with a mega phone and no shirt blinging the scars and just saying really arrogant shit through the mega phone everytime some kid would approach them and ask a question. I am not sure if that is asshole or just stupid but to me acting like an arrogant ass when you don't even skate hard enough to show up the locals is a bit off.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2006, 05:03:13 AM »
whatever man kerry getz is a good friend of mine, so if you would like me to pass a message on to him, please let me know. and i thought we were teaming up against fuckingvegan...what kinda shit is this?

You're acting like a name dropping faggot. Even if you do chill with pro's no one is going to care if you act like a doosh. Lot's of people on the board know or chill with pros and more importantly lots of people on here can skate, most likely way better than you. So just get over it.

suckafoo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2006, 05:13:53 AM »

Ok...hows this. I was at a Zoo demo last year in the Chicago burbs, and I watched Kenny walk up the the concession stand and ask for a drink. As the kid turned to get him his beverage of choice, Mr. Hughes followed up with his selection by saying, "...and hurry the fuck up about it". You might read the context of this and assume Kenny was kidding, but I was standing 5ft from him, and I assure you he wasn't. Weirdo fanboy? Fuck that, I could give a shit about being friends with a pro....I got enough fucking friends.
Well I believe in the devil....and nothing scares me more than Keyser Soze.

monster network

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2006, 05:54:03 AM »
i always hear good things about mr hughes, meant to a gent. not that anyone would have a crossed word with him anyway...

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2006, 07:54:25 AM »
my dad recognized tony hawk a long time ago, like pre-900 days, and he went up and talked to him.  Said Tony was super cool and down to earth.  he even got his picture taken with him.   At the time i was pretty jealous.

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2006, 08:03:49 AM »
kenny hughes is a dope dude, those situations don't even seem realistic to me. contests/ demos must really stress him out or something, because in reality he's pretty chill

DENTOTAPE

• Rep: 1
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2006, 08:32:18 AM »
Expand Quote
whatever man kerry getz is a good friend of mine, so if you would like me to pass a message on to him, please let me know. and i thought we were teaming up against fuckingvegan...what kinda shit is this?
[close]

You're acting like a name dropping faggot. Even if you do chill with pro's no one is going to care if you act like a doosh. Lot's of people on the board know or chill with pros and more importantly lots of people on here can skate, most likely way better than you. So just get over it.

no. i chill with pros. how could i be bad at skating? exactly

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2006, 09:01:12 AM »
i always hear good things about mr hughes, meant to a gent. not that anyone would have a crossed word with him anyway...

I've met Hughes a couple times and got pissed with him, he's mellow enough, i have seen him being a total dick though, but i guess everyone can be an arse sometimes
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2006, 09:43:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

cause pro's only chill with people who can switch tre eh? I don't think so, http://www.epiclylaterd.com/

Even if you do rip and hang out with pros, you need to work on your post style. No one wants to hear your cooler than thow name dropping bullshit.

antihero

• Rep: -1
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2006, 11:08:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Koston was kinda a dick.
[close]
Did you ask him for his board and stickers?  Or did you had him your sponsor-me tape?

I wanna hear why Koston was a dick. If i was going to predict anybody who wouldn't be a dick it'd be koston

DENTOTAPE

« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2006, 11:09:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

cause pro's only chill with people who can switch tre eh? I don't think so, http://www.epiclylaterd.com/

Even if you do rip and hang out with pros, you need to work on your post style. No one wants to hear your cooler than thow name dropping bullshit.

i can't switch tre anymore.

DENTOTAPE

« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2006, 11:10:26 AM »
i almost beat the hell out of j strickland once in hollywood. hes a bitch though he chickened out.

SLANGIN_ROCKS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
    • www.50mmlosangeles.com avatar image
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2006, 11:23:01 AM »
delete/ban
yeah its funny right, its funny? i'm tryin to sleep i got water on me?  yeah, of course it wasn't, it was nobody, nobody did it. its the mystery water. mystery water!

DENTOTAPE

« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2006, 11:40:37 AM »
delete/ban me pretty please with a cherry on top and whip cream all over my titties

roulette

« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2006, 12:17:04 PM »
KOOK^^^^^think about what you write for longer than one second

Shawn

• Rep: 5
  • stoooops!
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2006, 04:31:06 PM »
cole is really nice. gives props to every kid doing their thing.
kerry is really nice as well. always talking to kids etc.
i saw all the enjoi dudes at some spot in nj after they did a demo. they were all reallly chill. marc johnson was there too and was talking to us for a long while.

i heard some things about danny renaud being just a scumbag, not so much an asshole, but wooord.
you climbing to the top? ...soon...

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2006, 05:04:12 PM »
I see russ milligan around alot, hes super cool. alex chalmers was quite the self absorbed freak when i met him though. another fine human was wenning. he was alot different then i thought he'd be. deffinatly a dude i could see myself partying with.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

sebastian toombs

« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2006, 07:05:23 PM »
this thread should be about pros / ams that have dicks...

Edward Penishands

« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2006, 07:50:36 PM »

ellisa steamer!!!

sorry i had to say it

Hot Rod

• Rep: 9
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2006, 09:06:14 PM »
haha, that was the first thing I thought of too

mikefork

« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2006, 10:39:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ellisa steamer!!!

sorry i had to say it
venessa torres

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2006, 10:52:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

ellisa steamer!!!

sorry i had to say it
[close]
venessa torres
can't believe i didnt think of that one!
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

mikefork

« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2006, 10:55:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

ellisa steamer!!!

sorry i had to say it
[close]
venessa torres
[close]
can't believe i didnt think of that one!
or basically anyone in that villa villa cola thing

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2006, 07:02:45 AM »
just eldridge & chris roberts were being bf/bf and got stoked when someone gave them a bong to sign.
I never thought of that. That would be the tightest bong ever, well almost. I might buy one and start collecting autographs on it. I never have gotten autographs before but a tagged up bong would be worth looking like a douche for.

Useful Idiot

• Rep: 24
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2006, 11:15:38 AM »
Nicest pro's i've met would be:

Karl Watson
Jason Dill
Ronnie Creager
Daewon
Jeremy Wray
Kenny Reed
&
Biebel.

I'm not gonna get into the negativity today.

Word.
I'll add Steve Berra and Danny Fuenzalida as well
You loves you? Megatron.

deluxe_six

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
  • I'm happy, won't you be happy with me?
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2006, 12:04:48 PM »
when I met met brian wenning he wanted me to try out his board... I have no idea why though....

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2006, 12:37:02 PM »
probably trying to figure out if it's his board causing the quasimodo steez